getting 7* R2

Prev1
Krjstoff
633 posts Member
edited August 2017
So ... for the past week or so, I have been farming empires like crazy to get a chance to get 7* R2.
I have read countless threads on which teams to use, minimum gear levels and so on.

Today I finally got the last shards I needed to ugrade my RG to 7*.

I geared up, switched mods around and so on.

One thing I didn't factor into the equation was, that almost the entire team I would be fighting in the event, had just been reworked - Raid Han, Leia, Farmboy and Old Ben.

Result: No 7* R2 for me! Not even close.
First: The rebel scum managed to hit me around 10 attacks before any of my toons would move. They then proceeded to hit me 4-5 times between my first and second toon. And so on, and so on, until my entire team had been killed off.
I tried a lot of mod-switching, and accumulated 45 tries before finally giving up. It's just not possible.

So all my efforts were wasted ... yeah I know ... now I don't need to farm empire shards before my next try. Just gear. Apart from the fact that the empire toons I farmed, are not necessarily viable to do the event anymore, and therefore I may need to farm 1 or 2 new empire toons before next time.

Hopefully I'll be able to farm enough Phoenix to get Thrawn before then.

Team used:
EP (L), G9
Vader, G9
TFP, G8
Tarkin, G8
RG, G8

All had their skills maxed minus leader abilities and zetas. I know gear levels should be higher, but alot of players reported to have succeeded with a similar team.

Disclaimer: The is by no means whine. Just sharing an experience. I don't mind having to wait another cycle, but I just wish I would have thought about the consequences of the rework affecting the event.
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• Try tarkin lead for the speed. Just a suggestion no idea if it will help
  • The devs already commented on this. The event units have all of their abilities at level 1. So the reworks have, at best, a minimal impact.
  • Palp TM bonus is what got it for me, but we had a guildmate complete it yesterday after patch, and it appeared it hadn't changed for him. I wish we could go back fight them for fun so we could make guides, see changes and whatnot.
  • Molelizaisajoke
    232 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Its been confirmed that the reworks will not affect the AI toons as much. Most reworks only apply to the toons used by players.

See below.
  • You need speed. lots of it..especially those speed arrow primaries.try to get at least 50 speed on all.
  • Shifted ALOT of mods around, to give EP, Vader and TFP around 40-50 more speed each, and had RG boosted to aroun 45.000 health and protection combined.

Gave it another 115 tries ... still nowhere near RNG enough to win it.

At one point I was down to R2, Chewy and Ben, with Palp and Vader almost full health but abilities on cooldown, and FTP and RG almost dead. Then R2 went postal and took out them all.

So far I have not managed to land a single stun or shock on R2 in any of my 160 tries...
  • I used the same team composition with similar gear level and completed it. Last toon standing was Vader vs Chewie.. but then again this was before the rework...
  • Krjstoff wrote: »
    Shifted ALOT of mods around, to give EP, Vader and TFP around 40-50 more speed each, and had RG boosted to aroun 45.000 health and protection combined.

At one point I was down to R2, Chewy and Ben, with Palp and Vader almost full health but abilities on cooldown, and FTP and RG almost dead. Then R2 went postal and took out them all.

So far I have not managed to land a single stun or shock on R2 in any of my 160 tries...

You have to focus down R2 first.
  • A lot of people say on focus on R2 first, I tried this and it did not work for me.

I would keep trying your attack on different characters, and also try it on auto a few times, if the AI manages to knock out a few toons you can jump in to finish.

For what it's worth I used almost the same team as you except with Death Trooper gear 11 instead of TFP. The rest were g9 except RG g7.
  • I've done it two times now, on my main account in May and just now with my alt. Same team, similar gear levels. The reworks made very little difference, took me about 3 tries each time to do it.

I did not focus on R2 first, it didn't work for me either. Taking out either Han or Leia first worked the best.

• baked_qft wrote: »
    Try tarkin lead for the speed. Just a suggestion no idea if it will help

Exactly! That speed boost is needed.
  • Krjstoff wrote: »
    Shifted ALOT of mods around, to give EP, Vader and TFP around 40-50 more speed each, and had RG boosted to aroun 45.000 health and protection combined.

You have to focus down R2 first.

This! R2 must die!
  • It's heavily RNG dependent. On my 60th or 70th tried I barely made it with Vader 1v1 Chewie. They did take like 10 turns before me too.

My team consisted of G10 Palps, G10 Vader, G9 TFP, G8 RG, G7 SnowT. I tried taking out R2 first but it was extremely pointless. He probably has the same amount of HP as the Rancor... Get rid of the hard hitters, Leia, Han and Luke. If you still have all of your 5 guys standing you might have a very low amount of chance to finish them off. If your Palps or Vader gets targeted by Han on his first turn, retreat. There is no point in fighting them at that point. If you can't stun more than 2 people with your first Palps Aoe - it's 99% certain that you will lose. Sometimes even if you stun them all(without R2 obviously), you could still lose. So it's really down to RNG.
  • srgj88
    102 posts Member
    I feel your pain. I've tried it at least 20-30 times each day with no result. I've had it too where it's EP and Vader vs. R2 and Chewie and R2 goes bonkers. Takes out both players with full health before I can even move again. I don't know why but I can't seem to beat him. Sadly it'll keep me from CLS too.
  • Completed after rework
    Vader + zeta lead. G10 85
    Tark g10 82
    Tfp g9 85
    Snow trooper g7 77
    RG g7 65

Never directly attacked R2. Did restarts until Vader could use crush on his first turn. Offense down on tark is essential and health up from RG.
    Killed Han first then leia. R2 died to dots. Final two were chewie and Vader.
  • I did it today with the same team g9 - g7 today so definitely possible. Most abilities weren't maxed with the exception of palms & Vader. All level 85 and modded with 5* A grade mods, so can be done! Focus on r2 whenever you can, take him out and it gets a whole lot easier. I had 3 toons left, palps, Vader & tf pilot - him and palps are the key to winning so if one dies and you're not nearly there restart!
  • Sorry - Vader wasn't zetaed!
  • I think you need more speed. My EP was at 209 speed and Vader was at 200. Had the same squad with the same gear minus RG for Magmatrooper.
  • Sounds like you need some speed arrows, and Tarkin lead.
  • R2 first definitely...take him down and the rest of the team crumbles.

Speed is important but the key is withstanding that first round of hits because rebel toons have full TM.
  • ponce104
    156 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I feel your pain. I busted kitten and spent some money to get Stormtrooper. I've tried so much, best I've gotten is down to R2 and Chewie. Once my guild finishes this raid, gonna buff up my Tarkin. This is what I'm dealing with.

EP G9 lvl 80 (L)
    Vader G10 lvl 85
    RG G8 lvl 80
    Tarkin G8 lvl 78
    Stormtrooper G8 lvl 72
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    ponce104 wrote: »
    I feel your pain. I busted **** and spent some money to get Stormtrooper. I've tried so much, best I've gotten is down to R2 and Chewie. Once my guild finishes this raid, gonna buff up my Tarkin. This is what I'm dealing with.

EP G9 lvl 80 (L)
    Vader G10 lvl 85
    RG G8 lvl 80
    Tarkin G8 lvl 78
    Stormtrooper G8 lvl 72

You don't have enough offense on that team...Tarkin eventually and Vader with his culling blade but really need TFP or DT.

You need to speed up your non-tanks and hope that your tanks takes the hit long enough for you to take down r2. RG and Stormtrooper are slow and don't autotaunt in the beginning.
  • Devs need to tone it down, games getting ridiculous.
  • ponce104
    156 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Calbear949 wrote: »

You don't have enough offense on that team...Tarkin eventually and Vader with his culling blade but really need TFP or DT.

You need to speed up your non-tanks and hope that your tanks takes the hit long enough for you to take down r2. RG and Stormtrooper are slow and don't autotaunt in the beginning.

Appreciate the advice. I'm gonna try my best to make it work. If not, who do you think I should replace Stormtrooper with next time he comes around? Magma guard seems like an easy farm and I have him at 4* already. I also have a 5* Snowtrooper.

• You'll need majorly pumped out mods for those gear levels
  • Snowtrooper

I haven't used him but I am not sure he hits hard enough either but his AOE is quite interesting.
    ponce104 wrote: »

Appreciate the advice. I'm gonna try my best to make it work. If not, who do you think I should replace Stormtrooper with next time he comes around? Magma guard seems like an easy farm and I have him at 4* already. I also have a 5* Snowtrooper.

Snowtrooper for offense...TFP and DT are preferrable cuz they are good in arena too. TFP is good in fleet and raids.
  • ponce104 wrote: »

Snowtrooper provides hella offense. I suggested him because he's somewhat easy to farm since he drops fairly frequently in Bronziums. Certainly easier to farm than Deathtrooper.

Get his crit % up, when he does an AOE and lands multiple crits, he gets to AOE again on his next turn. His firepower is not concentrated, but if you look at the enemy health pool as a whole, he can deplete it rather quickly. Spread 10k+ crits over a 5-man squad ... a 50k hit is nothing to sneeze at.

If he somehow fails to crit enough to reset his AOE, then his basic applies Ability Block which is also useful. And then he awards TM to his allies when the enemy starts falling. He's a superstar on the Forest Moon battles.

I like TFP too, I think he's better for concentrated firepower and speedy output of his own, and his buff immunity AOE is generally good, but he doesn't really hold up in Arena because of all the cleansers out there. TFP must have debuffs on the enemy to shine, so if the debuffs get cleansed he just stagnates. Snowtrooper does not need debuffs on the enemy to do well.