State of the Galaxy 8/11/2017 [Mega]

Prev13456712
Ambassador
1653 posts Member
edited August 2017
CG_TopHat wrote:
Hello Holotable Heroes!

We are thrilled with the overwhelming positive response and feedback to the Hero’s Journey: Luke Skywalker Event. Over 200,000 players have embarked on the Hero’s Journey to date and begun their quest to acquire Commander Luke Skywalker. We’ve already seen powerful new teams crop up in the arena and Commander Luke has made a dramatic entrance into our current offering of raids.

We are especially pleased to see the community response to the Tier V cinematic. Like many of our players, Star Wars was an important part of our childhood and is an important part of our daily lives. We strive to deliver authentic Star Wars experiences and we're happy to see it resonating throughout the community.

Along with the positive feedback, we're aware of the great desire to replay the Hero’s Journey (and other Legendary Events). We are investigating what it would mean for us to introduce re-playable Legendary and Hero’s Journey events into the game in a meaningful way. While we don't know when we'll be able to provide you with this feature, we want to thank you for joining us at the Holotable for this Hero's Journey.

Finally, and easily most importantly, thank you all for playing and for being a great community. We appreciate your continued feedback, both compliment and critique – it helps us make a better game for all of you.

Have a great weekend!

CG_TopHat and Capital Games

Replies

• Yay, now I can take down EP again!!
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Thank you TopHat and CG for such a great event.

This event was epic and look forward to doing it again when you find a meaningful way of doing it. :smiley:
  • Lolz! This is good stuff.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Can't wait for the event to return so I can see the Tier V cinematic and get Commander Skywalker, apparently it was very well done. Also glad to see you guys are thinking about allowing Legendary Event replays!
  • @CG_TopHat is there a way to view the cut scene again.. I was so much in rush to get through it I didn't really take the time to appreciate the all the scenes.. Thanks again for the great event!
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Man this would be so awesome! It's always so disappointing knowing that the only reason I don't have an event to play is because I already beat it.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    I'd love it if re introduced events would get 5 random shards per tier. Thanks CG
  • Confirmation bias.......
  • Great event, thank you. I would definitely like to play through it again, even if there are no rewards.
  • So far we had only Legendary Events for characters, so maybe they could be replayable by changing character shards for ship shards...

Yoda -> Yoda's Jedi Starfighter
    Emperor -> Emperor Palpatine's Shuttle
    R2 -> Luke Skywalker X-Wing
    Thrawn -> Chimaera

Once you complete all tiers of a Legendary Event, then the next time it comes around you will be able to play the new version of the event where you will be able to earn ship shards for that particular character...
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat is there a way to view the cut scene again.. I was so much in rush to get through it I didn't really take the time to appreciate the all the scenes.. Thanks again for the great event!

YouTube is your friend.
  • Just YouTube it guys if you wanna see/spoil it for yourselves. AhnaldT101 has a video of it up. By the way, Luke is awesome, definately future meta with new Han and Leia.
  • fotrovina wrote: »
    So far we had only Legendary Events for characters, so maybe they could be replayable by changing character shards for ship shards...

Thrawn -> Chimaera

Once you complete all tiers of a Legendary Event, then the next time it comes around you will be able to play the new version of the event where you will be able to earn ship shards for that particular character...

Very good idea
  • Easy way: when Commander Luke returns (and all others lengendaries) make it free to play without rewards
  • fotrovina wrote: »
    So far we had only Legendary Events for characters, so maybe they could be replayable by changing character shards for ship shards...

Thrawn -> Chimaera

This, this would be great

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Darthtater wrote: »
    Great event, thank you. I would definitely like to play through it again, even if there are no rewards.

Ummm..... they said they want to make it worth while..... so let's except a small token of thier generosity.
  • CG_TopHat wrote:
    Along with the positive feedback, we're aware of the great desire to replay the Hero’s Journey (and other Legendary Events). We are investigating what it would mean for us to introduce re-playable Legendary and Hero’s Journey events into the game in a meaningful way. While we don't know when we'll be able to provide you with this feature, we want to thank you for joining us at the Holotable for this Hero's Journey.
    Couldn't you just add a repeatable bonus tier that gives credits/gear/etc? Maybe faction-related shards--such as non-Yoda Jedi shards for the Yoda event, non-Palpatine Sith, non-Thrawn Empire, etc?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    State of the Galaxy: We're really proud of ourselves and you should be proud of us as well
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Credits, gear, random shards....all this could be rewards for a repeat play through.
  • Thanks for making it. Maybe one day I'll get to play it.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Ambassador wrote: »

Obviously, make replays even harder than the original. You know, since we already beat the original, we are up for a bigger challenge now. Rewards for completion? Nothing too big. How about 3 stun cuff salvage and 50 crystals?

I would just really like to replay the events. Content is content, after all.
  • Great event. And to make replaying Legendary events worthwhile, it's simple, up the difficulty of the top tier to require max g11 toons and make the rewards appealing. That way it will be challenging and rewarding. And add in the achievements something along the lines of "beat legendary event X 10 times" that rewards us with something worthwhile.
  • Jay_cube1
    379 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I like this top hat dude. B)
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    State of the Galaxy: We're really proud of ourselves and you should be proud of us as well

Perfect summary of the post :lol:
  • Daggerofmortis
    146 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I have been playing this game too long now and should be in a position to unlock a character I've anticipated since I started playing. I always thought Farmboy Luke was the worst decision for Luke and wished for a better Luke forever. I expected it to be like the other Legendary events so didn't feel hard pressed to farm characters I already had majority finished. I enjoyed unlocking the characters at 5* so I could start building them up in the meantime. When the news dropped, ofcourse I was crippled by the only two toons I hadn't finished yet being in Arena. I bought both their packs and crystals. I will easily have Leia 7* but will only be able to have St Han 5* which would've unlocked him if the standard didn't suddenly change a week before the event. I had Old Ben 7* forever and started farming Farmboy as soon as the first update dropped and finished off my one missing Empire that held me back from getting R2 the furst time who was also in Arena. If anyone worked their tail off for this it was definitely me and I fell short by one 5* toon. If those three weren't all in Arena, I would've made it. Most people were on the St. Han bandwagon from as far back as a year ago so doubt many people had to farm him.

Don't really care if I sound like I'm whining or not. I thought I was past this and I feel more disappointed now than when I missed the first Yoda. It's sad because I seriously loved this game more than my PS4 games. Sorry if you think I'm being unreasonable but tired of feeling like a failure in this game. Other things just fueling it like spending 3 entire refreshes on a node and not getting 1 single shard or salvage I'm farming. So I buy them and I'm still always behind the curve.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Vykk_Drayygo
    61 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Don't really care if I sound like I'm whining or not.I thought I was past this and I feel more disappointed now than when I missed the first Yoda. It's sad because I seriously loved this game more than my PS4 games. Sorry if you think I'm being unreasonable but tired of feeling like a failure in this game. Other things just fueling it like spending 3 entire refreshes on a node and not getting 1 single shard or salvage I'm farming. So I buy them and I'm still always behind the curve.

You're not alone. Many of us were working our tails off on ewoks since we were under the impression that they might be used for Luke event only to get the "luke and friends" requirement drop on us a week before it started. I hadn't even started on leia. And crazy thing is I would gladly pay to get Luke since he is who I've been looking forward to most since I joined and I would happily buy multiple leia packs in the store if possible, but noooooooo. 1 pack limit only. Complete kitten. Nearly ruined my entire experience with this game.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • The event was very devastating, really.. it's not an easy path. All that effort, money, time.. but in the end: "YEAYYY I'VE GOT MY LUKE!!"

Totally worth it!! :lol::joy:
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    The event was very devastating, really.. it's not an easy path. All that effort, money, time.. but in the end: "YEAYYY I'VE GOT MY LUKE!!"

Totally worth it!! :lol::joy:

:flushed:
  • There are a lot of people disappointed about how this event has been introduced. So gloating in the face of someone who feels cheated out of an iconic character is just pathetic! There are plenty of players who have been playing for well over a year that didn't have old Ben or one of the other characters. Its not that they are 'dumb', its because they have put their resources into useful toons and gear. Some players picked that they would need Old Ben, STH etc and others thought that it was just Farmboy Luke or even ewoks. Just because someone else made a different call it doesn't mean people should rub their noses in it. EA wants to make money I get it -but the way they go about communicating what will be needed for specific events is really poor. Even though I should get CLS before the event finishes it doesn't make me want to celebrate the poor communication of EA and the insufferable gloating and put downs from players who have CLS unlocked.

CG communication was not poor. F2p should never expect to obtain a wait-for-it... legendary toon just because they played a year. The game is not a charity.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?