State of the Galaxy 8/11/2017 [Mega]

Replies

• There are a lot of people disappointed about how this event has been introduced. So gloating in the face of someone who feels cheated out of an iconic character is just pathetic! There are plenty of players who have been playing for well over a year that didn't have old Ben or one of the other characters. Its not that they are 'dumb', its because they have put their resources into useful toons and gear. Some players picked that they would need Old Ben, STH etc and others thought that it was just Farmboy Luke or even ewoks. Just because someone else made a different call it doesn't mean people should rub their noses in it. EA wants to make money I get it -but the way they go about communicating what will be needed for specific events is really poor. Even though I should get CLS before the event finishes it doesn't make me want to celebrate the poor communication of EA and the insufferable gloating and put downs from players who have CLS unlocked.

Thanks man. May the force be with you getting your Luke.
  • There are a lot of people disappointed about how this event has been introduced. So gloating in the face of someone who feels cheated out of an iconic character is just pathetic! There are plenty of players who have been playing for well over a year that didn't have old Ben or one of the other characters. Its not that they are 'dumb', its because they have put their resources into useful toons and gear. Some players picked that they would need Old Ben, STH etc and others thought that it was just Farmboy Luke or even ewoks. Just because someone else made a different call it doesn't mean people should rub their noses in it. EA wants to make money I get it -but the way they go about communicating what will be needed for specific events is really poor. Even though I should get CLS before the event finishes it doesn't make me want to celebrate the poor communication of EA and the insufferable gloating and put downs from players who have CLS unlocked.

CG communication was not poor. F2p should never expect to obtain a wait-for-it... legendary toon just because they played a year. The game is not a charity.

You're sounding like a separatist! :angry:
  • CG_TopHat wrote:

We are thrilled with the overwhelming positive response and feedback to the Hero’s Journey

Laughing at the turn this thread has taken. I take their word for it but I wonder how they define "overwhelming positive response and feedback."
  • Noataq
    176 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Would love if these events came back around for those who have completed it! Heck, I'd be happy getting their shards again for shard shop currency. Maybe throw in some crystals and credits ;)

• CG communication was not poor. F2p should never expect to obtain a wait-for-it... legendary toon just because they played a year. The game is not a charity.

I'm definitely not a f2p player. Don't want a hand out.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    It was a botched launch to a really well designed event.

You have generated a lot of ill will with vague "hints" that lead people to farm the wrong characters. It is disappointing that you took something that should have been fun and profitable and turned it into something negative (but still profitable).

And this is coming from someone who will have CLS before the end of the event. I'd probably be mad enough to go full F2P or quit if I went through this communications and planning disaster with nothing to show for it.
    Post edited by Xetal on
  • I have been playing this game since November of 2015. That's right I was on the waiting list for this game, I've been playing it since day 1. When they made the announcement for the CLS event and what was needed, I was livid. Why out of all the characters I didn't even have Old Ben unlocked. I have 4/80 shards for his toon. How is that possible if I have been playing from the very first day. I have NEVER cared about the meta, I know Old Ben was part of the evasion meta back in the day. Which is part of the reason I never farmed him. So when I found out he was needed I was upset beyond belief. At that point I made the decision that I would get Luke and started farming Old Ben. If I get Commander Skywalker I get him if I don't there is always next TIME. It is just easier to blame others than take responsibility for one's failures. I mean I could see here and go on and on and say that I deserve to have Luke because I've been playing since the first day and I was on the waiting list so I deserve to having you should be given to us. Life is easy you make choices and you don't look back. Stop blaming other people for your failures in your shortcomings and take responsibility for your own actions.
  • DarthTaral wrote: »
    I have been playing this game since November of 2015. That's right I was on the waiting list for this game, I've been playing it since day 1. When they made the announcement for the CLS event and what was needed, I was livid. Why out of all the characters I didn't even have Old Ben unlocked. I have 4/80 shards for his toon. How is that possible if I have been playing from the very first day. I have NEVER cared about the meta, I know Old Ben was part of the evasion meta back in the day. Which is part of the reason I never farmed him. So when I found out he was needed I was upset beyond belief. At that point I made the decision that I would get Luke and started farming Old Ben. If I get Commander Skywalker I get him if I don't there is always next TIME. It is just easier to blame others than take responsibility for one's failures. I mean I could see here and go on and on and say that I deserve to have Luke because I've been playing since the first day and I was on the waiting list so I deserve to having you should be given to us. Life is easy you make choices and you don't look back. Stop blaming other people for your failures in your shortcomings and take responsibility for your own actions.

This so much
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?

CG communication was not poor. F2p should never expect to obtain a wait-for-it... legendary toon just because they played a year. The game is not a charity.

Giving hints and posting gifs when asked for concrete info is not good communication.
    Telling us exactly which toons would be needed, and by when, and for how long, would be good communication.
    Their need to make money by the methods they've chosen does not mean the definition of poor communication is changed to fit within that context.

Not every f2p missed out on Luke. Not every non-f2p obtained him. So that is a meaningless comment.

Why? Were not asking for charity. Guarantee we bust our butts just as hard if not harder than the ones who can afford to buy their way through this game. But your wrong bro...commo was poor just as the the language is on the requirements for each tier. I get EA has to make some money...i really do. But us F2P peeps are just asking for a more heads up of what we will need for an event.
  • ArkhamJay
    48 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Xetal wrote: »
    It was a botched launch to a really well designed event.

You have generated a lot of ill will with vague "hints" that lead people to farm the wrong characters. It is disappointing that you took something that should have been fun and profitable and turned it into something negative (but still profitable).

And this is coming from someone who will have CLS before the end of the event. I'd probably be mad if I went through this communications and planning disaster with nothing to show for it.

AMEN
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • ArkhamJay wrote: »
    There are a lot of people disappointed about how this event has been introduced. So gloating in the face of someone who feels cheated out of an iconic character is just pathetic! There are plenty of players who have been playing for well over a year that didn't have old Ben or one of the other characters. Its not that they are 'dumb', its because they have put their resources into useful toons and gear. Some players picked that they would need Old Ben, STH etc and others thought that it was just Farmboy Luke or even ewoks. Just because someone else made a different call it doesn't mean people should rub their noses in it. EA wants to make money I get it -but the way they go about communicating what will be needed for specific events is really poor. Even though I should get CLS before the event finishes it doesn't make me want to celebrate the poor communication of EA and the insufferable gloating and put downs from players who have CLS unlocked.

Why? Were not asking for charity. Guarantee we bust our butts just as hard if not harder than the ones who can afford to buy their way through this game. But your wrong bro...commo was poor just as the the language is on the requirements for each tier. I get EA has to make some money...i really do. But us F2P peeps are just asking for a more heads up of what we will need for an event.

Sounds like you should play a game like nba2k where everyone gets every team and player to use. I don't have thrawn or Luke, but I'll just have to wait till next time. In a few months there will be a legendary event for someone like snoke and people will throw a fit because they don't have Resistance toons.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Got cheese? I know there's a lot of whine.
    How did like 20% see the hints, tell everyone about the hints, only to be chastised for 2 months on these exact forums. Then the release hits, those that are prepared jump in the Ark and succeed. Those that ignored it drowned. (In thier own tears. ).
  • ImYourHuckleberry
    1421 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    slugbahr wrote: »
    There are a lot of people disappointed about how this event has been introduced. So gloating in the face of someone who feels cheated out of an iconic character is just pathetic! There are plenty of players who have been playing for well over a year that didn't have old Ben or one of the other characters. Its not that they are 'dumb', its because they have put their resources into useful toons and gear. Some players picked that they would need Old Ben, STH etc and others thought that it was just Farmboy Luke or even ewoks. Just because someone else made a different call it doesn't mean people should rub their noses in it. EA wants to make money I get it -but the way they go about communicating what will be needed for specific events is really poor. Even though I should get CLS before the event finishes it doesn't make me want to celebrate the poor communication of EA and the insufferable gloating and put downs from players who have CLS unlocked.

Giving hints and posting gifs when asked for concrete info is not good communication.
    Telling us exactly which toons would be needed, and by when, and for how long, would be good communication.
    Their need to make money by the methods they've chosen does not mean the definition of poor communication is changed to fit within that context.

Not every f2p missed out on Luke. Not every non-f2p obtained him. So that is a meaningless comment.

If CG told us everything as you propose, there would be no need for making hard choices with limited resources. Asking for that is just wrong-headed.

Currently, there is an avenue to obtain all the necessary shards to obtain CL. Take a look in the "Data Card" in the Store.

This was an awesome event. So the whiners need to stop and let everyone enjoy the moment of a huge success story.

Edit: correcting wrong shop
    Post edited by ImYourHuckleberry on
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
    But us F2P peeps are just asking for a more heads up of what we will need for an event.

I'm F2P and didn't need more. Look - EA didn't want to release CL to a wide audience. If they did, they would have made him easier to get. You're under the impression that this is EA's fault, while it has never crossed your mind that it was never their intent to give him away to hoards of players.

Get him next time.

Sounds like you should play a game like nba2k where everyone gets every team and player to use. I don't have thrawn or Luke, but I'll just have to wait till next time. In a few months there will be a legendary event for someone like snoke and people will throw a fit because they don't have Resistance toons.

I don't have a problem waiting....I did it for Yoda and R2....waiting isn't the argument neither is me getting CL the argument. The argument is communication. Plain and simple.
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    edited August 2017

If CG told us everything as you propose, there would be no need for making hard choices with limited resources. Asking for that is just wrong-headed.

Currently, there is an avenue to obtain all the necessary shards to obtain CL. Take a look in the shard shop.

This was an awesome event. So the whiners need to stop and let everyone enjoy the moment of a huge success story.

Didn't ask for that - I said that's what would constitute good communication.

Panic farming, while the event is on - nothing to do with good communication.

Awesome event! Wow! Great! Do you mean the actual battles, or the rings we had to jump through to qualify?
    You get your self-congratulatory kitten - the whiners get to tell you they don't want to hear it.
    You whine about that - same thing.

Post edited by Sunnie1978 on

• Currently, there is an avenue to obtain all the necessary shards to obtain CL. Take a look in the shard shop.

LOL the shard shop. I've been monitoring it all week. No old ben shards in the there. Look we get it... you got your CLS and congrats at that but the insinuation that it's somehow my fault that I don't have him is insulting. They can run this game and make money any way they want but like with any business when things aren't fair then people aren't going to be happy. I've been planning for this event for a long time and got locked out of it through no fault of my own. I'm not happy about it and this is my way of letting the devs know that I'm not happy about it so they can make a better product for the future.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    KueChael
    KueChael
    428 POSTS MEMBER June 13, 2017 8:10AM
    "In the story, jawas are the first character with Luke, next are the droids, then old Ben, ....etc
    I personally feel that the jawa event was to kick off the Farmer Luke farming . So everyone could be ready for a impending journey. Which may or may not include everyone who has helped him. So the next and possibly first character might be old Ben.
    I hope they release a character list needed a month before the event. The place would go nuts
    ."

This is what I said on June 13th... Myself and those whom agreed with me were prepared. These clues were there. You have to stop and think about it.
  • slugbahr wrote: »

When I was a kid I had a friend who would always buy the guide to go with every game he had. He would then proceed to follow the guide step by step until he finished the game. It always seemed like an incredibly boring way to play.

I like the hints and gifs. I don't want to be told exactly what to do.
    I have been playing this game since November of 2015. That's right I was on the waiting list for this game, I've been playing it since day 1. When they made the announcement for the CLS event and what was needed, I was livid. Why out of all the characters I didn't even have Old Ben unlocked. I have 4/80 shards for his toon. How is that possible if I have been playing from the very first day. I have NEVER cared about the meta, I know Old Ben was part of the evasion meta back in the day. Which is part of the reason I never farmed him. So when I found out he was needed I was upset beyond belief. At that point I made the decision that I would get Luke and started farming Old Ben. If I get Commander Skywalker I get him if I don't there is always next TIME. It is just easier to blame others than take responsibility for one's failures. I mean I could see here and go on and on and say that I deserve to have Luke because I've been playing since the first day and I was on the waiting list so I deserve to having you should be given to us. Life is easy you make choices and you don't look back. Stop blaming other people for your failures in your shortcomings and take responsibility for your own actions.

First of all. It is not about F2P getting iconic chatacters. I'm certainly not F2P. It's not about people feeling entitled to some character. It's not about blaming others for you're own failures. It's about the changing the format on a character acquisition that was already perfect to begin with.

The so called slackers didn't get the 7* version while the elite did. That perfectly satisfying for everyome. The so called slackers couldn't do much with the new character in Arena, couldn't play them in raids, but could atleast try the kit out in GW and energy nodes. They could acquire the ship if it came out soon after BUT were still impaired with their lesser version. There was nothing wromg with that format and it worked for everyone. Now it's like sorry you get nothing on the lomgest anticipated character and now have to wait yet again for who knows how long. How can people not understand this? It's mind boggling.
  • Great event. I loved it. I had to farm old Ben, but I enjoyed that. I love this game, because I like collecting the characters. It what makes the game fun for me. You guy and girls at EA keep up the good work.

First of all. It is not about F2P getting iconic chatacters. I'm certainly not F2P. It's not about people feeling entitled to some character. It's not about blaming others for you're own failures. It's about the changing the format on a character acquisition that was already perfect to begin with.

The so called slackers didn't get the 7* version while the elite did. That perfectly satisfying for everyome. The so called slackers couldn't do much with the new character in Arena, couldn't play them in raids, but could atleast try the kit out in GW and energy nodes. They could acquire the ship if it came out soon after BUT were still impaired with their lesser version. There was nothing wromg with that format and it worked for everyone. Now it's like sorry you get nothing on the lomgest anticipated character and now have to wait yet again for who knows how long. How can people not understand this? It's effing mind boggling.

This so much.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Some games give f2p zero chance of obtaining a new character or even a lesser version of a new charactee. It sucks when you miss out, but if everything was given away for nothing we wouldn't have a game.

I was lucky that I already had all the toons required. Next time I might not be so lucky. There are toons and parts of the game I still can't fully participate in because I'm still working on those toons.

It's the unfortunate life of f2p. You're never going to be able to cover all bases.
  • TNT1138 wrote: »

When I was a kid I had a friend who would always buy the guide to go with every game he had. He would then proceed to follow the guide step by step until he finished the game. It always seemed like an incredibly boring way to play.

I like the hints and gifs. I don't want to be told exactly what to do.

Ummmm....good for you, I guess.

Still doesn't change that those methods are pretty much the definition of poor communication. Which was my point.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    Some games give f2p zero chance of obtaining a new character or even a lesser version of a new charactee. It sucks when you miss out, but if everything was given away for nothing we wouldn't have a game.

I was lucky that I already had all the toons required. Next time I might not be so lucky. There are toons and parts of the game I still can't fully participate in because I'm still working on those toons.

It's the unfortunate life of f2p. You're never going to be able to cover all bases.

Only 3 guys in my guild are getting CLS. We are pretty much all P2P players. Just today I bought 12 of the 699 crystal packs. Only got 24 of the shards I was looking for.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    If their goal was to inform people exactly of what to do then yes it's poor communication.

Somehow I don't think that was the plan though.
  • Daggerofmortis
    146 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    First of all. It is not about F2P getting iconic characters. I'm certainly not F2P. It's not about people feeling entitled to some character. It's not about blaming others for you're own failures. It's about the changing the format on a character acquisition that was already perfect to begin with.
    The so called slackers didn't get the 7* version while the elite did. That perfectly satisfying for everyone. The so called slackers couldn't do much with the new character in Arena, couldn't play them in raids, but could atleast try the kit out in GW and energy nodes. They could acquire the ship if it came out soon after BUT were still impaired with their lesser version. There was nothing wrong with that format and it worked for everyone. Now it's like sorry you get nothing on the longest anticipated character and now have to wait yet again for who knows how long. How can people not understand this? It's mind boggling.

I think I accidentally deleted this trying to edit out something.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    If their goal was to inform people exactly of what to do then yes it's poor communication.

Somehow I don't think that was the plan though.

No, I didn't either. And it probably never will be.
    But a lot of people in here think that they are doing a great job of communicating.
    They're not.
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    But a lot of people in here think that they are doing a great job of communicating.
    They're not.

This communication thing is interesting because it only looks at it from one perspective (how come they didn't tell me X, Y, Z?) I never see any complainer (just shorthand, can't think of another word, I'm not knocking you) looking at from another perspective.

1.) We've officially known about Luke's Hero Journey since May when they dumped Luke shards and gear in our laps. This means they have had June, July and a small part of August to communicate to players about what's going on. They told players in July more about the Hero Journey. They told players in August a little more. What they told us doesn't matter for my argument here, I'm establishing that they've never gone under total radio silence. We've never heard from EA: Oh gosh, players, we've wanted to tell you something for three weeks but the building burned down and we had to move and we've just been trying to get everything back in order, sorry! No. We've never heard anything like that. They could tell us anything at any time.

2.) We were told this would be a unique event in how it's released. Wondering why unlocking Commander Luke wasn't the same as it was when we unlocked, say, Yoda, for example, doesn't apply. Nothing in the past applies.

So if they could tell us anything whenever they wanted, and because they told us this character release would be like no past big release, why is anyone blaming EA for poor communication? That implies not just that it could have been better - it's obvious it could have been, they could have told us something every day for more than two months - but that it should have been better.

The only reasons I'm seeing why it should have been better are: because I want Luke. Guess what? EA didn't agree that everyone who wanted Commander Luke was going to get Commander Luke. If they come back down the road and said: look, we're changing the next Luke (or next big character release) because we heard people criticizing the Commander Luke release, then you will be proven correct. But in the State of The Galaxy here, they say they've gotten "overwhelming positive response and feedback" - is that actually not true?

Right now, with the evidence I see, I'm going with Occam's Razor: they obviously did not want hoards of players with Commander Luke. We can speculate why that was, but it still doesn't change the fact that they could have easily made such a thing happen and didn't.