P1 HAAT solo complete without retreats (video added)

Prev13
DarthScott
292 posts Member
edited August 2017
Probably not the first time this has been done but I hadn't seen anyone else using this team so I thought I would share. Hope it helps people out.

The team is:
  • Teebo Lead - for TM reduction
  • CLS - for speed down, buff immunity, tenacity down and TM reduction
  • First Order Officer - for TM reduction and for calling teebo and CLS to assist for TM reduction
  • Old Ben - for evasion down and his two non attacking specials
  • Barris - heals and cleanse

Possible substitutions:
  • Bodhi would be much better than old ben in that slot, but mine is not geared.
  • Pretty much any healer with a non damaging special works for Barriss. Ewok Elder, CI, or Lumi for example
  • edit: as mentioned below in the comments, Hera could work for FOO.

The annoying part about this team is you need to keep track of how many hits you have put on GG. Every 7th hit HAS to be a TM reduction ability, or he takes a turn. Here is the screenshot near the end:

5iilbhr81r3e.jpg

Sorry, no screenshot with the damage totals right now, this is a preloaded team, I can't drop the damage on our raid for a few hours.

Edit:

Here is the damage totals. Note that this is actually about 95%. Someone dropped a little early damage so it was all that was available. CLS is alive because I escaped him for a P3 Solo.

i3fuzlgou9wj.png

Edit:

We have another AAT tomorrow, so I could record some video. Here is the first 20% of the fight.

https://youtu.be/CICjQm0EvTY

Post edited by DarthScott on

Replies

• DarthScott
    292 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Oh and for those that want to know, here is my swgoh.gg profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/scott/collection/

Note that barriss is g8 and has poor mods. FOO g10 and poor mods. I didn't even put things that make sense on them, totally not needed. CLS and Teebo are the only ones that I put some thought in to the mods.
  • You forgot griveus will hit you in each 10 hit. And then bye bye
  • TuncBlack wrote: »
    You forgot griveus will hit you in each 10 hit. And then bye bye

I think you misunderstood. I already did this. the solo is complete. If you hit GG with turn meter reduction every 7th attack, he doesn't go.
  • Interesting would it work just as well in normal.
  • Nice team, thanks for sharing! Any idea how long it takes?
  • Interesting would it work just as well in normal.

Honestly, I am not sure if the mechanics are different in normal or not. I have never done normal AAT. I would look it up in game, but my preload is sitting there and I don't want to do the 30 minute run again :)

If the mechanics are the same, I don't see why not.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    dang, still 8 turns on the enrage timer.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nice team, thanks for sharing! Any idea how long it takes?

30-35 minutes, full manual. If I improved mods / gear on FOO it would take a lot less time. He, OB, and Barriss had some serious wet noodle action going.
  • DarthScott
    292 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    leef wrote: »
    dang, still 8 turns on the enrage timer.

Yeah, in complete disclosure, this is only a 95% run. Someone dropped some accidental damage in our preload time period, so I couldn't start with a fully clean run. That last 5% might have used up 1 more on the timer.
  • Thanks for this.

And, thanks for not posting it in a video without a summary.
  • Wouldnt also Jyn work instead of First Order Officer? She can remove turn meter herself, or call an ally to assist her AoE...
  • DarthScott
    292 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    fotrovina wrote: »
    Wouldnt also Jyn work instead of First Order Officer? She can remove turn meter herself, or call an ally to assist her AoE...

Great question. Sadly the answer is no. Jyn used to work great in this phase. See https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5o6vwt/heroic_aat_phase_1_65_26m_damage_with_vid/
    from 6 months ago. But since then, Jyn's mechanics have changed. She removes TM first and then does damage. Because of that, here is what happens on hit #7 with jyn:

- jyn reduces GG's TM to 0
    - jyn does damage, which counts as hit #7
    - GG gains 100% tm, takes a turn.

Basically, any character that does damage AFTER their TM removal is useless. (Thrawn also does the damage after the TM removal, so he is not usable in this manner either, although his TM swap works well on hit 7).

Bistan is the other big TM reducer. I didn't use him because DOT damage counts as hits, so counting the 7 damaging attacks is a bigger pain in the but with the DOTs.
    Post edited by DarthScott on
  • DarthScott wrote: »
    Great question. Sadly the answer is no. Jyn used to work great in this phase...
    Then what about Hera? She calls someone to assist with increased potency + she also has 1 non-damaging special...Seems like she could fit in well...
  • fotrovina wrote: »
    DarthScott wrote: »
    Great question. Sadly the answer is no. Jyn used to work great in this phase...
    Then what about Hera? She calls someone to assist with increased potency + she also has 1 non-damaging special...Seems like she could fit in well...

Yup she could work. Probably does more damage than FOO, but doesn't have a TM reduction ability of her own like FOO does.

Also there is a difference between her and FOO. FOO gives target ally 100% TM. They can use a special. For example, teebo can stealth himself if needed. Hera calls to assist. So you just get the assisting toons basic ability. On the flip side, calling to assist doesn't 'use up' that person's TM. If CLS is at 80% tm, he keeps it, which is nice.

There are lots of trade offs with her and FOO. If you only have one geared, I would use what you have. I didn't test the difference, but I guessed FOO would be better.
  • DarthScott wrote: »
    Yup she could work...
    Then i will maybe try Teebo, CLS, Old Ben, Hera and Ewok Elder...it sound fun to do it, it brings something new and exciting to HAAT...
  • Mareczq
    29 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Nice job !!! What min speed.you think Teebo and CLS need ? I today did 60% With only CLS G10 ... I think it's possible to do even more maby even solo with 1 toon if you can make him 280 speed with damage set ;)
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    What about Bistan and Ezra?
  • Sorry but u r using too many toons.
    I've done it with Thrawn lead, FOO and CLS (moderate spd and 0 Zeta)
    The idea is from @jonni
  • TurgonGW
    205 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi @DarthScott

Can I ask why you must have Teebo hit on the 7th turn? I've been using Teebo in Phase 1 and try to make sure one of my TM removal characters hits greivious on the 10th turn so he doesn't take a turn and summon the droids back?

Why should you ensure Teebo is the 7th hit? Why particuarly 7 when this number doesn't trigger any of greivous attacks etc? I need to understand the reasoning behind this

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    TurgonGW wrote: »
    Hi @DarthScott

Can I ask why you must have Teebo hit on the 7th turn? I've been using Teebo in Phase 1 and try to make sure one of my TM removal characters hits greivious on the 10th turn so he doesn't take a turn and summon the droids back?

Why should you ensure Teebo is the 7th hit? Why particuarly 7 when this number doesn't trigger any of greivous attacks etc? I need to understand the reasoning behind this

i believe it's the 10th hit in nAAT and 7th hit in hAAT.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    TurgonGW wrote: »
    Hi @DarthScott

i believe it's the 10th hit in nAAT and 7th hit in hAAT.

Thanks Leef, this would make more sense as we currently can only do NAAT

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • jonni
    133 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    hey @johnne just did it earlier today with just Thrawn lead, Luke and FOO. Just to share an alternative.
    imgur.com/a/D6E28
  • Wouldn't Rex work? Or does he work like jyn now too?
  • @DarthScott @jonni

Any chance of a video? I'm not doubting it can be done but just want to see the strategy in action.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • @DarthScott thanks man for sharing that. Cool comp and neat idea.
  • So theoretically teebo, CL, old Ben, ewok elder, hera would work? And just teebo and CL need to be well geared, everyone else just decent?

Thanks a ton for this.
  • sounds brilliant, you surely thought about it a lot.
    i thank you for that, im sure others aswell.
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Kick-ar$e thread guys. @DarthScott P1 solo is big time.

@jonni thanks for sharing as well.

EDIT: :) It edits a'rse
  • Tried luke on his own in a naat. I think he could do it on his own don't know about heroic. I also think he'll be pretty good in phase 3.
  • TurgonGW wrote: »
    Hi @DarthScott

7 for hAAT.