Chewbacca Speculation

So as I was looking through my collection of characters and as I was scrolling I noticed that Chewbacca had the distinction of "Clone Wars Chewbacca" leading me to think it was referring to the Chewbacca that aided Yoda in Episode 3. So since that distinction was made in the name, I was wondering whether any of you guys thought we would get some other Chewbacca and if so what some characteristics might be! Just wondering.

Replies

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    We better get another Chewbacca. While I know we're all tired of rebel characters to a degree, for Chewie I would make an exception, especially if he had synergy with Han.

Han is fast, Chewie powerful. Some synergy there would be good. Maybe a co-pilot assist ability.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    We better get another Chewbacca. While I know we're all tired of rebel characters to a degree, for Chewie I would make an exception, especially if he had synergy with Han.

Han is fast, Chewie powerful. Some synergy there would be good. Maybe a co-pilot assist ability.

And add the Original Falcon
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Imo there should be about 3 chewbaccas:
    Clone Wars Chewbacca: Galactic Republic
    Galactic Civil War Chewbacca: Scoundrel/Rebel
    Chewie: Resistance

• i wonder why he doesn't have synergy with yoda
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Imo there should be about 3 chewbaccas:

What about Slave Chewbacca, and lieutenant Han Solo of the Imperial Navy?
  • DarthTaral wrote: »
    Imo there should be about 3 chewbaccas:

What about Slave Chewbacca, and lieutenant Han Solo of the Imperial Navy?

They are just legends. The han solo movie will rewrite the canon. That Disney's MO ;)
  • Wookiee's and Ewoks. Would love to see a synergy between them. It only makes sense.
  • Rename to Chewbacca

Retag with Galactic Republic, Rebel and Resistance

Simple
  • RogueOne wrote: »
    Rename to Chewbacca

Simple

+1

A Chewie rework including this would be the perfect solution.
    Rename to Chewbacca

Simple

That is so R2D2. Chewie needs 12 different toons like han, luke, and liea :P ;):D
    Rename to Chewbacca

Simple

That is so R2D2. Chewie needs 12 different toons like han, luke, and liea :P ;):D

Lol yep
  • DarthMufasa4
    214 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I guess with han, leia and so forth they looked different. Chewie and R2 look more or less the same throughout all the films, and thus just having 1 chewbacca seems fine. Give him lots of versatility, and Han synergy and everyone will love it (rebel or not)
  • One thing to consider is that a chewie rework doesn't necessarily have to have a specified synergy with Han "in name." Take for example how leia now works really nicely going after R2 without having that "R2" specified in text. Chewie could be versatile and perhaps still work well with Han.
    Rename to Chewbacca

Simple

Put C3PO on his back and add on the Droid tag for OP synergy with R2
  • Rework would be the easy route, but I think it'd be interesting to see Chewy as another raid reward or a territory battle reward.

Maybe even introduce a new game mode as an event.. "The Kessel Run" - a ship race that you need Han Solo (raid) at 7* to compete in the Kessel Run with the Falcon, also at 7*. After winning it (in under 12 parsecs of course!) you unlock OT Chewy.
  • Rework would be the easy route, but I think it'd be interesting to see Chewy as another raid reward or a territory battle reward.

Maybe even introduce a new game mode as an event.. "The Kessel Run" - a ship race that you need Han Solo (raid) at 7* to compete in the Kessel Run with the Falcon, also at 7*. After winning it (in under 12 parsecs of course!) you unlock OT Chewy.

Even though I dont really like ships, sounds fun.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    RogueOne wrote: »
    Rename to Chewbacca

Simple

That's it. This is all that they need to do.
    Rename to Chewbacca

Simple

And give him his original Bowcaster
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    Rename to Chewbacca

Simple

But that won't generate new revenue, so prob not gonna happen. Chewie is an iconic star wars character so they could really bank on a few more chewies ;) besides having several kits to choose from would be really cool
  • admiral_akbar
    98 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    Rename to Chewbacca

Simple

But that won't generate new revenue, so prob not gonna happen. Chewie is an iconic star wars character so they could really bank on a few more chewies ;) besides having several kits to choose from would be really cool

I agree, like I said above - rework would be the easy route, an event is more fun and brings revenue from packs, etc. Additionally, there's the continuing trend of having multiple versions of the same character.