Any DS love soon?

Prev1
All in title

Ps. Don't speak to me about DN or GAT, they work better with lightside toon

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I sill do very well with a zaul team in arena. I often get beaten by thrawn teams and zader/boba teams. I also see a lot of first order teams.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    or do lightside toons work better with GAT or DN ?
    food for thought
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • A zeta on Palp or a new ability on Vader and the dark side could be back in contention. Problem at the moment for DS is that they generally rely on debuffs but Ten Up really negates that.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    AlexTheG wrote: »
    A zeta on Palp or a new ability on Vader and the dark side could be back in contention. Problem at the moment for DS is that they generally rely on debuffs but Ten Up really negates that.

But fewer people are going to be using ten up due to cls lead
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    A zeta on Palp or a new ability on Vader and the dark side could be back in contention. Problem at the moment for DS is that they generally rely on debuffs but Ten Up really negates that.

tenacity up is slowly disappearing, atleast it is on my leaderboard.
    However, the possibilities with zeta's are endless. So tenacity up or even cleanses could potentially not be a problem anymore with a new zeta ability.
  • DN might work better on defense with Lightside but full Empire still absolutely destroys on offense.

I would argue that Thrawn does better on full Empire. Fracture for days with all the specials under Thrawn lead.

• What I'd like to see out of the dark side is a separatist faction pass, a nightsisters faction pass, a 5th ability for Vader (seriously almost every raid/legendary/hard to earn popular toon has 5 abilities), and some zetas for palps.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    DN might work better on defense with Lightside but full Empire still absolutely destroys on offense.

I would argue that Thrawn does better on full Empire. Fracture for days with all the specials under Thrawn lead.

synergy usually isn't enough to compensate for "weaker" characters. For example, I tried a thrawn lead full empire team, it's simply not as good without DN.
  • leef wrote: »
    or do lightside toons work better with GAT or DN ?
    food for thought

Exactly! I wish I could replace my DN by another Rebel, but he is too good to be removed from my team
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Jabba would be considered dark side....

Just sayin'
  • Personally I do not care who is LS or DS, it's the mix and different combinations of characters that makes this game work for me.

tenacity up is slowly disappearing, atleast it is on my leaderboard.
    However, the possibilities with zeta's are endless. So tenacity up or even cleanses could potentially not be a problem anymore with a new zeta ability.

You might be right in the longer term but I am not seeing much CLS leadership yet - early days of course. It's tough on DS at the moment. Not saying it will never change - I am sure it will.
    I do think it's time that Vader and Palp were looked at. It would be nice if DS / Empire could get something like the LS classic trilogy have got. So nice synergy built around Vader / Palp / Royal Guard / Tarkin / Stormtrooper
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Vader's zeta prevents his dots from being cleansed, they should just update it so that it bypasses Tenacity Up and doesn't expire as long as he's alive.
  • Only if you can think up a dark side rebel
  • c1ever_pun wrote: »
    Only if you can think up a dark side rebel

Agent Kallus
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • There should be some sort of Palpatine/Tarkin/Vader synergy that would allow for either of those three to be in charge. They could just leave Tarkin's kit alone, and build it around the other two, who are due for reworks.

* Droidekas would definitely be tank/attacker considering their shield and constant rate of fire - DS/Separatist/Droid

* FO Storm Trooper, (FO Riot Trooper?), the one with the shield and the rotating baton - DS/FO/Tank

* Riff Tamson would definitely be a tank considering his size - DS/Tank/Support/Separatist

* Pong Krell, don't know if too much of a Tank but he was very big physically, and 4 light sabers - DS/Tank/Attacker/Separatist

* Droidekas would definitely be tank/attacker considering their shield and constant rate of fire - DS/Separatist/Droid

* FO Storm Trooper, (FO Riot Trooper?), the one with the shield and the rotating baton - DS/FO/Tank

* Riff Tamson would definitely be a tank considering his size - DS/Tank/Support/Separatist

* Pong Krell, don't know if too much of a Tank but he was very big physically, and 4 light sabers - DS/Tank/Attacker/Separatist

But Riff Tamson Was more of an Attacker/Assassin. size has nothing to due with it I.E. Chief Nebit
    Also if Pong Krell was dark side he wouldn't be a Separatist
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    c1ever_pun wrote: »

But Riff Tamson Was more of an Attacker/Assassin. size has nothing to due with it I.E. Chief Nebit

Didn't Krell confess that he was in allegiance with Dooku? I don't recall, it's been too long.

Didn't Krell confess that he was in allegiance with Dooku? I don't recall, it's been too long.

Right but the fall of Umbara would have been his way in, but it didnt fall
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »

Right but the fall of Umbara would have been his way in, but it didnt fall

He still was working against the Republic, and his alliances had changed to be with the Separatists. The fall of Umbara would've been his way to train under Dooku, and become a powerful figure within the Separatist Alliance, not just his entry ticket to the Separatists.

But he's not a rebel so clearly he won't be in game any time soon ;)
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Has the Legendary Event (or similar) characters gone light-dark-light-dark-light (Yoda, Palp, R2, Thrawn, CLS)

So it seems like maybe a dark side should be next.

Jango or Mallick would both be good choices.
  • Xetal wrote: »
    Has the Legendary Event (or similar) characters gone light-dark-light-dark-light (Yoda, Palp, R2, Thrawn, CLS)

nope Palp was first
    DN might work better on defense with Lightside but full Empire still absolutely destroys on offense.

synergy usually isn't enough to compensate for "weaker" characters. For example, I tried a thrawn lead full empire team, it's simply not as good without DN.

I get that DN is bad to the bone and wouldn't argue against that. What I like about Thrawn is the ability to choose a toon and keep them shut down as long as I want them to be. Without full Empire it's hard to have enough specials to keep Thrawn in Fracture, especially when one of my toons end up getting Fractured or stunned.
  • Xetal wrote: »

Or Darth Bane
    Xetal wrote: »

nope Palp was first
    No, Yoda was first.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Xetal wrote: »

nope Palp was first
    F A K E N E W S
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    I could go for a Phasma rework, and give her a spear while their at it. That would be sweet.
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    Just wait until Snoke.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    Jango event would be built like Luke's where you require certain characters each phase.

General Kenobi, Jedi Knight Anikan, Mace, Clones, Yoda, Zam.

Darth Malak would be a 5/6/7-star Legendary requiring Sith to complete.