CLS Leader Impact

Prev13
Wondering what people are seeing for the impact of CLS on their shard -

This morning my Nov '15 hard-launch leaderboard was 9/10 CLS in the top 10, 12/15 in the top 15, and 17/25 in the top 25.

Additionally, only 4 DS leads total in the top 50 - 12/14/31/36 ranks (Thrawn - me, Boba, DN, and DV leads respectively)

CLS has wiped away the Tarkin / Thrawn leads seen before and taken many of the Rex. My LB is generally a dead on leading indicator of how the arena game in general will move across the entire playerbase as demonstrated on GG - I'd expect we see CLS lead % on GG continue to shoot up and pass Rex within a week. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he hits an unprecedented 60%+ on the site.

What are the rest of you all seeing at this relatively early point in CLS's reign?

Replies

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Highest CLS lead on my shard is rank 7. There's a CLS at rank 2 but not a leader though. Those are the only 2 in the top 10 at the moment.
    Rank 1 is Vader, Tarkin, Thrawn, DN, GK.
  • I think youre just seeing everyone want to play him is all. Hes good but not the best team
  • Nov 15 shard here:
    4 CLS (top 10)
    7 CLS (top 20)
    8 CLS (top 30)
  • Lebronaims wrote: »
    I think youre just seeing everyone want to play him is all. Hes good but not the best team

Nah - shard chat feedback indicates otherwise - DS teams like the guy running DV having a big problem winning. Tarkin guys same feedback. Rex Classic cleanse as well - struggle winning. There are a high number of forced CLS conversions and the guys that haven't been able to are now not making the top 10.

We've observed a zJinn player that took 1 reliably at his payout through all these metas not be able to take 1 for 3+ days now with a CLS team camping at 1 during his payout. The CLS shift is legit.
  • I agree. My Nov Leaderboard is not that extrem but top positions are now CLS and also some lower ranked players could move up with switching to cls leads.

Biggest drops/struggles have the classical triple cleanse team without GAT (Rex, DN, something).

What speaks in favor of the cls meta is that those teams can finish a battle probably the fastest right now.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    That's good to hear. I was a bit worried at first when people were reporting he was a bit underwhelming.
  • Olga wrote: »
    Highest CLS lead on my shard is rank 7. There's a CLS at rank 2 but not a leader though. Those are the only 2 in the top 10 at the moment.
    Rank 1 is Vader, Tarkin, Thrawn, DN, GK.

What is the age of your LB? I would think that on younger LBs he wouldn't be owned as much due to the 7* farming requirements.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Not sure, early 2016. I think maybe around January or February.
  • The top 4 on my LB are all CLS. That's new today. There is only 5 others in top 50. I could change, but my Thrawn lead is still able to auto against CLS leads, even those with superior mods, so I feel good about my team still.

Honestly, they've all removed Nihilus from their teams, which has made things easier for me. I run Thrawn/Nihilus/Shore/GK/DT. I've prepping to run CLS/GK/Nihilus/R2/Thrawn. I still need 3 more zetas to finish off CLS and R2 though. Right now nothings broken though, so while I'm preparing to move on, I'm not messing with it yet.
  • I'm running

CLS, Gear XI, zeta on "it binds"
    Old Ben, Gear X1, no zeta
    Raid Han, Gear X, zeta on Shoots first
    Leia, Gear X, no zeta
    R2, Gear XI, zeta on Number Crunch

I have 2 more zetas to hand out but don't know where to place them on this team, BUT, since switching from my zVader squad to this one I have gotten up to low 20s in my launch shard, and so far, it holds up quite well on defense. Woke up this morning and only fell to 38.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • November 16 shard here and we have 16 CLS leads in top 50, some are switching to AA leads now.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    People are still experimenting with combinations under a CLS lead. IMO , Kanan is a taunting tank that would benefit from the counter chances. He grants a cleansing and protection up, and receives 25% health when debuffed.
    Along with R2, and a couple fast attacking characters he should be great. Working on mine now.
  • I'm also on a Nov 2015 shard. Our CLS leads look are:

2 in top 10
    5 in top 15
    5 in top 25
    7 in top 50

sounds like you have it pretty rough.

D
  • Can anyone please tell me how CLS is a counter to Rex? I don't think I understand it yet....
  • I'm assuming if I threw another zeta on one of Luke's abilities it would definitely get me higher up.

I'm not in the practice of those mixed up "throw all power toons together" type of teams. I like my teams to look like they belong together. Lol!

Granted, R2/Han/CLS are power toons but at least they belong together.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    The top 4 on my LB are all CLS. That's new today. There is only 5 others in top 50. I could change, but my Thrawn lead is still able to auto against CLS leads, even those with superior mods, so I feel good about my team still.

Honestly, they've all removed Nihilus from their teams, which has made things easier for me. I run Thrawn/Nihilus/Shore/GK/DT. I've prepping to run CLS/GK/Nihilus/R2/Thrawn. I still need 3 more zetas to finish off CLS and R2 though. Right now nothings broken though, so while I'm preparing to move on, I'm not messing with it yet.

i was using that team you're using, i got absolutely destroyed the first battle vs commander luke lead. I used drain force and they KO'd my almost full protection kenobi with counters. (user error, i know, but auto would have done the same). It went down hill from there.
    This was vs luke lead, leia, raid han, old ben and r2.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me how CLS is a counter to Rex? I don't think I understand it yet....
    Rex gives tenacity buff which feeds CLS squads TM when their debuffs are resisted.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    November '15 shard as well.
    5/10 in the top 10 with CLS lead.
    11 of the top 20. Only 1 Thrawn lead in the top 30 now - was probably 1/3 until CLS was released. While Thrawn lead has disappeared, Thrawn remains in most of those CLS teams.

Unfortunately it seems as though CLS is causing arena to "undiversify". Most that have it are running CLS (lead), GK, DN, R2D2 and Thrawn. That is most of the CLS lead teams on my shard.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nerf CLS
  • DarthVengeance
    83 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    L - g11 CLS, Raid Han, GK, Maze, Chiruut, team #1 on our shard, 5 teams in top 20.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    April 2016 shard, and we haven't seen many CLS leads.

He has one of the easiest counters for old shards in zBarriss. Also, if rex teams are disappearing in favor of CLS, then look for a resurgence of Zaul who is also a direct counter to CLS.

He's good though, but not 75% of the top 20 dominant. He fits right in with the rock/paper/scissor meta of the last couple of months imo.
  • Olga wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me how CLS is a counter to Rex? I don't think I understand it yet....
    Rex gives tenacity buff which feeds CLS squads TM when their debuffs are resisted.

Aaahh I see... Thanks! :)
  • Does Wiggs have a spot in a CLS team in arena. Not a Chaze user and I left raid Han neglected when I got him since he was underwhelming.
  • Yep I run a sith nihilus team and I'm done. 3 CLS leads on my shard 1/2/3 can't beat them no matter what I try. Been getting 1st for months until this week....CLS is definatly a game breaker/changer. Almost to good I think
  • leef wrote: »
    The top 4 on my LB are all CLS. That's new today. There is only 5 others in top 50. I could change, but my Thrawn lead is still able to auto against CLS leads, even those with superior mods, so I feel good about my team still.

i was using that team you're using, i got absolutely destroyed the first battle vs commander luke lead. I used drain force and they KO'd my almost full protection kenobi with counters. (user error, i know, but auto would have done the same). It went down hill from there.

I've never had a problem with the counters. My Kenobi has 104k ehealth. He recovers 30k protection with Thrawns command. Plus against a team like the one you faced with limited dispels he will almost always have crit immunity up from Shore. Basics aren't going to power through that.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    leef wrote: »

I've never had a problem with the counters. My Kenobi has 104k ehealth. He recovers 30k protection with Thrawns command. Plus against a team like the one you faced with limited dispels he will almost always have crit immunity up from Shore. Basics aren't going to power through that.

So your shore is faster than your nihilus?
    it doesn't really matter, but i find it hard to believe that your team can auto a luke team that has superior mods. If your mods were superior i wouldn't have commented.
    edit: you can ignore this post if the luke team you auto'd had chaze in it btw.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    June 2016 shard.

In top 50, CLS leads are currently at:

• December 2015 shard and cls is slowly dominating the top of my shard. 5 of top 5, 7 in top 10 and 8bin top 20. I have most of the whales in my shard in my guild so we are often a little slow to shift with meta because we don't really have to.
  • Milestogogreg
    119 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I changed to a CLS lead and am on an early shard and am able to get first now if I try.

Cls lead(no zeta), chaze, han(zeta) and r2(all zeta)

Rex teams are a joke now. Shoot first rex and stun him, luke special on dn or gk, good to go. Han takes out thrawn pretty much on his own
  • 3 in our top 20, my guess is it will grow as people are still gearing him but won't overtake Rex.

The most common team is threxus which is what I run and have don't have any problem beating the CLS teams at all, even the whale that out mods me.

What I've observed is that 3-5 people play around with different teams while the rest stick w the same team until forced otherwise. CLS isn't going to force the Rex guys to switch so most won't be changing. The only guys who said the CLS teams are hard are the DS leads.