CLS Leader Impact

Replies

• In my dec'15 shard's top20, 10 guys use cls, of which 7 use him as a leader.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • leef wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    The top 4 on my LB are all CLS. That's new today. There is only 5 others in top 50. I could change, but my Thrawn lead is still able to auto against CLS leads, even those with superior mods, so I feel good about my team still.

Honestly, they've all removed Nihilus from their teams, which has made things easier for me. I run Thrawn/Nihilus/Shore/GK/DT. I've prepping to run CLS/GK/Nihilus/R2/Thrawn. I still need 3 more zetas to finish off CLS and R2 though. Right now nothings broken though, so while I'm preparing to move on, I'm not messing with it yet.

i was using that team you're using, i got absolutely destroyed the first battle vs commander luke lead. I used drain force and they KO'd my almost full protection kenobi with counters. (user error, i know, but auto would have done the same). It went down hill from there.
    This was vs luke lead, leia, raid han, old ben and r2.

I've never had a problem with the counters. My Kenobi has 104k ehealth. He recovers 30k protection with Thrawns command. Plus against a team like the one you faced with limited dispels he will almost always have crit immunity up from Shore. Basics aren't going to power through that.

So your shore is faster than your nihilus?
    it doesn't really matter, but i find it hard to believe that your team can auto a luke team that has superior mods. If your mods were superior i wouldn't have commented.
    edit: you can ignore this post if the luke team you auto'd had chaze in it btw.

My normal TM order would be Thrawn/DT/GK/Shore/GK. But it's all messed up with Raid Han and counters. Thrawn is usually stunned. Which means DT goes next for me. He uses his AOE dispel, which wipes out stealth, and a few toons counter Shore (average will only be 2, since 1 DT hit will miss due to foresight). Usually it's his turn next because he gains TM with a debuff, although that depends on who counters. There's a 1/3 chance he's stunned and misses his turn because of R2. Then Nihilus and GK.

I haven't faced your exact team, so maybe it's just a bad matchup for reasons I'm underestimating. But so far CLS leads have been a joke defensively, because they remove Nihilus and simply can't damage me fast enough before Nihilus annihilate and DT starts applying deathmark.
  • Dec '15
    Right now in top 10: 3 CLS leads (1 has switched to GK after several tries with CLS leads)
    top 20: 6 CLS leads
    top 50: 10 CLS leads

top 10 leads: 2 GK. 2 Rex, 3 CLS, 1 Thrawn, 1 QGJ, 1 DN
    It's fairly evenly distributed as the top 10 through the top 50 with a couple of loners like a Vader lead that can claim 1 at his payout no problem.

What I would say is that CLS is good, but not over the top good. It does take some figuring out how to beat him and R2 in particular. But in my shard, the guys that are normally at the top (myself included, I run DN lead) stay at the top regardless of the team being used. Since CLS is the new toy, within the first couple days, I did have 7/10 CLS leads, but now it's starting to even out because people rise and fall the same with or without Luke.
  • Olga wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me how CLS is a counter to Rex? I don't think I understand it yet....
    Rex gives tenacity buff which feeds CLS squads TM when their debuffs are resisted.

Zeta required.
  • Dec 2015 shard. We have bunch of cls leads and I have g11 cls. I tried some teams but no sandbox mode so watching whales have fun trying new teams. The few teams I tried had nothing that was better than my current team of rex lead, dn, thrawn, r2 and gk on D. So cls is on my bench now but at least he is useful in raids
  • Olga wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me how CLS is a counter to Rex? I don't think I understand it yet....
    Rex gives tenacity buff which feeds CLS squads TM when their debuffs are resisted.

I run threxus against 3 CLS teams and it's not that big of an impact. Then again none are running pure Rebels but if they did, there wouldn't be many debuffs. In addition tenacity buff is probably up for less than 1/2 of the time.

• pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    8 in our top 50
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    And yeah, Threxus is tough. You'd probably want a Luke zeta.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    And yeah, Threxus is tough. You'd probably want a Luke zeta.

Unless my Threxus teams on my shard aren't up to par, I haven't had a ton of trouble with my CLS team so far. I mean, I've lost but I've also won.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    December 2015 Shard.

Before CLS came out, it was not uncommon to see 6 different leaders in the top 10 alone. I like that my shard has always been a bit of an oddball and a large number of us are in a chat together which keeps things civil.

However, that changed with the release of CLS (we are still civil though).

7 out of top 10 are now CLS lead teams. The other 3 teams are myself running Thrawn, one Nihilus lead and one Rex lead (classic triple cleanse).

The most extreme thing I have noticed is that most people in the top 30 have switched around their teams in the days following CLS. Even when Thrawn came out it was a couple weeks before people starting switching around teams.

Most notably, there is now only a single Nihilus lead team within all of the top 50 teams which I found very striking.

Thrawn teams that used to hang out around the teens have dropped to the 20s.

Tarkin lead was never a thing on our shard although someone switched to Tarkin lead today BUT also oddly has CLS in his team. I believe he is trying to compensate lack of speed mods to get his Thrawn to go first.

Saw a team earlier comprised entirely of tanks with a zBarriss. If anything, it looked like it would be incredibly annoying to fight.

Only one zQGJ in top 30 left now.

After rank 30, there are no more CLS lead teams. Its all the old mix that seems to have been the same for many many months now; triple cleanses, Zauls, some lower star Thrawn leads, zQGJ, etc. Also we have Boba guy, the only guy running Boba lead and has refused to bend to any rework. Seeing him at rank 45-49 every day makes me happy.

TL;DR:

Most of the 30 arena teams in my shard have made some noticeable changes. There is far less diversity in top 10 than there was before CLS. I am proud that Boba guy has stuck to his guns and continues to run Boba lead.

• Wondering what people are seeing for the impact of CLS on their shard -

This morning my Nov '15 hard-launch leaderboard was 9/10 CLS in the top 10, 12/15 in the top 15, and 17/25 in the top 25.

Additionally, only 4 DS leads total in the top 50 - 12/14/31/36 ranks (Thrawn - me, Boba, DN, and DV leads respectively)

CLS has wiped away the Tarkin / Thrawn leads seen before and taken many of the Rex. My LB is generally a dead on leading indicator of how the arena game in general will move across the entire playerbase as demonstrated on GG - I'd expect we see CLS lead % on GG continue to shoot up and pass Rex within a week. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he hits an unprecedented 60%+ on the site.

What are the rest of you all seeing at this relatively early point in CLS's reign?

He is very strong taking over my shard and peoe running him lower than g11 and still having success. His lead is to strong. I run thrawn lead and have yet to find d a sure way to win every time but probably about 75% win at this point. Getting countered to death on 1 aoe move is disheartening. Hope they tone him down a bit. As he can solo rancor on his own, solo p1 on his own with no escapes.
  • My shard is seeing more and more of them. As soon as I get mine properly geared I'm switching to him or I will be left in the meta dust.
  • In my top 10 we have:

- Thrawn (L), Nihlus, ST, DT, Tarkin x2 ish
    - CLS (L), Nihlus, Thrawn, R2, GK x2 ish
    - Rex (L), Nihlus, R2, Kylo, GK
    - Rex (L), Chaze, Nihlus, GK x3

Rex still seems to be the most popular lead, but I have definitely noticed a swing towards CLS -maybe 5-7 CLS leads in the top 20. Pretty much all the top 20 teams in my shard are made up of Rex, Nihlus, GK, Chaze, Thrawn. Afew QGJ Zeta leads, Maybe 3-4 Thrawn/Empire teams like mine, 1 Zaul Lead at best.

I am not sure what month my shard is though!

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Dec. 2015 here.

From 1-20, CL is leader of 10
    From 21-50 there's only 1 CL lead.
  • 3 in our top 20, my guess is it will grow as people are still gearing him but won't overtake Rex.

The most common team is threxus which is what I run and have don't have any problem beating the CLS teams at all, even the whale that out mods me.

What I've observed is that 3-5 people play around with different teams while the rest stick w the same team until forced otherwise. CLS isn't going to force the Rex guys to switch so most won't be changing. The only guys who said the CLS teams are hard are the DS leads.

Personally I'd shoot Thrawn first, let Rex get his tenacity up off & let the tm flow via resists
  • I think the arena trend to look at is the impact of CLS+Thrawn. Whether Luke is lead doesn't seem to be as important.
  • Feb. '16 shard.

Top 11 all run CLS leads. From 12th to 20th, only 1 other CLS team, which uses him as lead as well.

Lol, I was the 2nd player in my shard to use CLS (as lead) in Arena and now the Top 11 all use him as leader too.

I don't fall out of the top 10 on defense overnight. On offense, I can beat pretty much any team comfortably.

I run CLS (L) with "It Binds All Things" Zeta'd and zzR2, zThrawn and Chaze.
  • Question, convo about arena aside for a moment. How is CLS looking for Raids? Is he only useful in Arena? What about p1, p3, in AAT etc..?
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    Question, convo about arena aside for a moment. How is CLS looking for Raids? Is he only useful in Arena? What about p1, p3, in AAT etc..?

He's part of a p1 HAAT solo team, and I use him with Wiggs and Chaze in p4

Interesting, so AATn would be a no brainer then?
  • With all these Rebels running around Grand Moth Tarkin should get another Zeta added to his skills. All Rebels take 4 Debuffs not two! But only against Rebels.
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    Question, convo about arena aside for a moment. How is CLS looking for Raids? Is he only useful in Arena? What about p1, p3, in AAT etc..?

He's part of a p1 HAAT solo team, and I use him with Wiggs and Chaze in p4

Interesting, so AATn would be a no brainer then?

I've lately managed to solo p3 naat with cls.. never do that before lol :lol:
  • I started at 64% on phase 3 naat with teebo lead cls jyn and chaze and got in to phase 4 so his pretty good in normal.
  • Guildmate just solo'd P1 w no zeta CLS and zolo.

One of our nov 15 whales switched from CLS lead, his reason was the counter is too RNG dependent leading to a lot of close matches which he felt shouldn't of been.

One thing to remember is the cycle of new toons into arena, whenever there is a decent new toon the best modded people/biggest spenders are the early adopters and it takes a while for others to either catch up as well as learn how to deal with them.

Will say it again, Rex L isn't going anywhere but CLS will have his place along w Thrawn, DN, R2 and GK as a plug-n-play support or viable lead.
  • 12 CLS on top 30, top1 is CLS
  • Gamorrean wrote: »

I don't run Rex and haven't - but I think since CLS + Han avoid taunts you can very easily and very early in the match take Rex out. He's so weak as a character and is dependent on superior taunters like GK / Chaze, etc. If you can't hide him well he's a huge liability. The Rebels also seem to just have raw damage output to grind GK down pretty quick. Triple cleanse / GK just don't have enough tankiness / healing capability to reliably hold up even when attacking on O.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    November '15 shard as well.
    5/10 in the top 10 with CLS lead.
    11 of the top 20. Only 1 Thrawn lead in the top 30 now - was probably 1/3 until CLS was released. While Thrawn lead has disappeared, Thrawn remains in most of those CLS teams.

Unfortunately it seems as though CLS is causing arena to "undiversify". Most that have it are running CLS (lead), GK, DN, R2D2 and Thrawn. That is most of the CLS lead teams on my shard.

Our most common, and most effective seemingly, is CLS lead, zeta Han, Thrawn, GK, and R2.
  • 3 in our top 20, my guess is it will grow as people are still gearing him but won't overtake Rex.

The most common team is threxus which is what I run and have don't have any problem beating the CLS teams at all, even the whale that out mods me.

What I've observed is that 3-5 people play around with different teams while the rest stick w the same team until forced otherwise. CLS isn't going to force the Rex guys to switch so most won't be changing. The only guys who said the CLS teams are hard are the DS leads.

What are the CLS team comps you're seeing so far?