State of the Galaxy 8/11/2017 [Mega]

Replies

• DarthTaral wrote: »
    I have been playing this game since November of 2015. That's right I was on the waiting list for this game, I've been playing it since day 1. When they made the announcement for the CLS event and what was needed, I was livid. Why out of all the characters I didn't even have Old Ben unlocked. I have 4/80 shards for his toon. How is that possible if I have been playing from the very first day. I have NEVER cared about the meta, I know Old Ben was part of the evasion meta back in the day. Which is part of the reason I never farmed him. So when I found out he was needed I was upset beyond belief. At that point I made the decision that I would get Luke and started farming Old Ben. If I get Commander Skywalker I get him if I don't there is always next TIME. It is just easier to blame others than take responsibility for one's failures. I mean I could see here and go on and on and say that I deserve to have Luke because I've been playing since the first day and I was on the waiting list so I deserve to having you should be given to us. Life is easy you make choices and you don't look back. Stop blaming other people for your failures in your shortcomings and take responsibility for your own actions.

First of all. It is not about F2P getting iconic chatacters. I'm certainly not F2P. It's not about people feeling entitled to some character. It's not about blaming others for you're own failures. It's about the changing the format on a character acquisition that was already perfect to begin with.

The so called slackers didn't get the 7* version while the elite did. That perfectly satisfying for everyome. The so called slackers couldn't do much with the new character in Arena, couldn't play them in raids, but could atleast try the kit out in GW and energy nodes. They could acquire the ship if it came out soon after BUT were still impaired with their lesser version. There was nothing wromg with that format and it worked for everyone. Now it's like sorry you get nothing on the lomgest anticipated character and now have to wait yet again for who knows how long. How can people not understand this? It's mind boggling.

This a million times over. Why change a perfect system? I was absolutely within a few crazy panic days of farming from 5* ability. 7* is some serious investment with a lot of planning. And no, even with the hints, not enough time. I'm not an old timer, but I'm no noob. Been playing for 7 months, am always top 20 in arena, 50 in fleet, been lvl 85 for over two months. The mid gamers are still farming everything. I always plan on 5* as the standard to unlock toons. 7* is for Max performance in arena, and to do heroic raids. The biggest slap in the face was the unlocking of a character at 7*.
  • Does anyone else see TB and think Tampa Bay, or CLS and think Columbus?

Just me? Okay.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • The biggest slap in the face was the unlocking of a character at 7*.
    I feel like people who say this is a slap in the face have never been slapped in the face.
  • Buffems wrote: »
    Are you guy at EA ever going to more with ships? You introduced them and have done much else with it. I'd like to see light side and dark side ship nodes like you do for the characters in the game. Better and easier way to farm ships would be great.

Ships and other aspects of the game are still on our radar, but our team has admittedly been occupied with content of territorial proportions as of late.

@CG_Kozispoon Believe me. Our guilds, and I, are patiently waiting for TB! OK, I admit, I'm impatiently waiting! As are many of us.

{insert meme here of little boy impatiently waiting to open Christmas presents while doing the i-got-to-go-pee dance}
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • F2p is a hard road to follow, no sometimes we don't have the characters to level to complete the events 1st time around and maybe not even the 2nd or 3rd time, but when you do beat it. The feeling of self accomplishment is the best feeling ever. I'm not completely f2p but I'm not whale either. I play to have fun and in the end isn't that what a game is really supposed to be about.
  • ImYourHuckleberry
    1421 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I can't wait anymore.

1Elf.jpg
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Andariesh
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Only one thing: As a new Dad, with a little daughter, I'm a real F2P! I'm a Star Wars fan, I played days along on PC with Super Star Wars, Rebel Assault etc.. I'm not sad, while I can't do to buy 20 $ packs for 80 shards of Farmboy, or Old Ben, a middle pack of Pampers is also 20$ :wink: . I buy Pampers, that is an easy way to a clean room! :wink:
    Many peoples say, that they have unlocked Luke, while they worked hard, but if I haven't farmed them before I didn't work hard?
    I have tons of 7 star characters, because I worked hard too from the first minute I played SWGoH - just not on the needed hero :D -...
    Only one question, if I can't unlock Commander Luke before the end of the event: what/who can't I unlock in the future, when I haven't Cmndr. Luke!? :smiley:
    Have a nice day! :blush:
  • jrc021369 wrote: »
    F2p is a hard road to follow, no sometimes we don't have the characters to level to complete the events 1st time around and maybe not even the 2nd or 3rd time, but when you do beat it. The feeling of self accomplishment is the best feeling ever. I'm not completely f2p but I'm not whale either. I play to have fun and in the end isn't that what a game is really supposed to be about.

WRONG!!!!!!! There is no such thing as "fun" here boi, there is only whining about nerfs and being the best in arena because apparently no other game modes exist.
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    NicWester wrote: »
    The biggest slap in the face was the unlocking of a character at 7*.
    I feel like people who say this is a slap in the face have never been slapped in the face.

Requirements for G9 with CL is a slow motion slap in the face.
    qlYMKP2.gif
  • I've got Commander Luke! What an amazing character and event for him! Devs, great job! Thanks for an amazing event!
  • The most ridiculous thread ever. The forum has become increasingly awful to look at everyday now. They should just rename it "Complaint Box".
  • J3FF
    69 posts Member
    The most ridiculous thread ever. The forum has become increasingly awful to look at everyday now. They should just rename it "Complaint Box".

Have you visited the GW page. Lol it's the worst.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Does anyone else see TB and think Tampa Bay, or CLS and think Columbus?

Just me? Okay.
    Great, now I'm going to see it all the time.

On topic, for those worried about TBs:
    I'm no where near having an elite roster, I'm just hoping not to be one of those that gets brushed away too quickly. Just do the best you can, if you can throw more time at the game, great. If you want to spend a tiny bit of money at the game for your roster, that's good too.

At the end of the day, it's a game. Do your best. Or if you're a casual, just have fun.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.

Just me? Okay.
    Great, now I'm going to see it all the time.

On topic, for those worried about TBs:
    I'm no where near having an elite roster, I'm just hoping not to be one of those that gets brushed away too quickly.
    Yeah, I think people are freaking out about this prematurely.

Like, if you're in an all-or-nothing guild that goes balls out to accomplish everything super fast, then you're going to be fine. If you're in a casual guild you're going to be fine. If you're in a min-max guild that thinks you're dumb for investing in anything other than the notness meta of the day, you're STILL fine because all of you are in the same boat.

Just relax and play the best you can. You'll progress.

Just me? Okay.

You watch too much Hockey, Nick.

On a side note, how close are you to unlocking CLS?
  • WOOHOO!!! I thoroughly enjoyed the Hero's Journey and was sad when it was over. I'd love to replay all these events again. Thank you so much for looking into it. That is awesome!
  • The State of the Galaxy is a complete mess.
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Ok EA loved the hero's journey but you've been to quiet. So when is Territory Battles going to be released and are there any specific toons that are required for the new game mode?
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Roahn wrote: »
    Ok EA loved the hero's journey but you've been to quiet. So when is Territory Battles going to be released and are there any specific toons that are required for the new game mode?

https://youtu.be/hib2cnhE_fQ?t=112
    At about 1:55
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Hakoda wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

Just me? Okay.
    You watch too much Hockey, Nick.

On a side note, how close are you to unlocking CLS?
    No such thing as too much hockey.

Finished T1, got the Achievement reward. I'll do the rest of it next time around.
  • Ok this is just stupid now. I took my very best mods and put them on St Han. Got his speed up to 184. He's level 85 Gear 9 and 5* and still can't clear tier 3 of Cls event. St Han is at red health by the time I reach phase 2 and Luke still has protection at level 74 gear 9 and 7 stars with junk 5* mods on. Someone tried to tell me stars don't matter as much as mods. Well I just tested that theory and the improvement was very little. He still dies in phase1 8/10 times whereas he died in phase 1 7/10 times with the junk 5* mods. St Han is WAY too squishy to be a tank. Otherwise my account is broken and bugged somewhere. Would someone like to explain this to me because it's the most ridiculous thing.
  • . . . . .
  • I've also had my problems with my g11 han on lights side 9b and 9c. he is not very tanky thats true :)
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    edited August 2017

By introducing new characters they ensure there is incentive to spend. Were you expecting a good ROI here or what is the beef? You took several shortcuts to get ahead and now you moan that in spite of that there's no end in sight? Guess what, there's not going to be end as long as they can churn out new toons (and some content).
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Chreve733
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    And you sir may want to consider that they want the game to have longevity so new characters and new content is the answer surely?
  • I was pretty PO'd that I wasn't gonna get CLS this time around but then I managed to pull it off so my opinion had completely changed because i have him and don't care if others don't have him
  • TheXBoarder
    152 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    For everyone whining about unlocking characters, you really should step back and notice there is a PATTERN to unlocking these tier events.
    - When Yoda came out, you needed Jedi to unlock him which makes sense because it follows the Star Wars universe and storyline (he was a Jedi Master who trained Jedi).
    - When Palpatine came out you needed Rebels to unlock him. Again, makes sense, the Rebellion defeated him.
    - When Thrawn came out you needed Phoenix. Again, follows the story because they were his opponent.
    - When R2 came out, you fought him with Empire characters. Shocking, but still followed the story as the Empire has been constantly looking for "that droid".
    - Now when Commander Luke comes out you need (gasp) the original characters from the first trilogy to unlock him!!!

See the pattern yet? You didn't use Separatists to unlock Thrawn, or Jawas to unlock Palpatine. When new characters are announced they tend to follow the story. So while you never know for sure, you can likely guess who may or may not be needed. Territory Battles are on Hoth, and we have had the Hoth Scout and Hoth Soldier as characters for nearly two years. You think they'll matter? Most likely. And when they finally do introduce C3PO, I suspect his unlocking will have something to do with either Anakin (who literally built him) or the Ewoks (who considered him a God in the movies). Quit the complaining already, you can figure this stuff out. This is how F2P guys like myself have unlocked these toons. Plan your shard farming accordingly and you'll still get the chance to partake in these events.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    :/
    Imagine you own a company that sells widgets. Sales of your original blue widgets was very strong. Then you released red widgets, sales were again strong. Yellow widgets, green widgets, purple widgets ... all widgets continue to sell! The customers love these widgets! Can't get enough widgets. Multi-color widgets, widgets with swirls, metallic flake widgets, translucent widgets ... your customers just keep buying them.
    Then one of your customers comes up to you and says you should stop making new widgets because you are being greedy, trying to steal all their money by making so many different widgets; they aren't going to buy any more of your beautiful widgets. Should you then stop making new widgets?
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Jornstar wrote: »
    What is the point of introducing duplicate characters if not pure greed?

I can't even believe you asked this question. You handed this allegedly greedy company your own money for an event you didn't like in the first place? And then spent more to max out his gear level?

I did this before realising that new Han and Leia are on their way.
  • For everyone whining about unlocking characters, you really should step back and notice there is a PATTERN to unlocking these tier events.
    - When Yoda came out, you needed Jedi to unlock him which makes sense because it follows the Star Wars universe and storyline (he was a Jedi Master who trained Jedi).
    - When Palpatine came out you needed Rebels to unlock him. Again, makes sense, the Rebellion defeated him.
    - When Thrawn came out you needed Phoenix. Again, follows the story because they were his opponent.
    - When R2 came out, you fought him with Empire characters. Shocking, but still followed the story as the Empire has been constantly looking for "that droid".
    - Now when Commander Luke comes out you need (gasp) the original characters from the first trilogy to unlock him!!!

See the pattern yet? You didn't use Separatists to unlock Thrawn, or Jawas to unlock Palpatine. When new characters are announced they tend to follow the story. So while you never know for sure, you can likely guess who may or may not be needed. Territory Battles are on Hoth, and we have had the Hoth Scout and Hoth Soldier as characters for nearly two years. You think they'll matter? Most likely. And when they finally do introduce C3PO, I suspect his unlocking will have something to do with either Anakin (who literally built him) or the Ewoks (who considered him a God in the movies). Quit the complaining already, you can figure this stuff out. This is how F2P guys like myself have unlocked these toons. Plan your shard farming accordingly and you'll still get the chance to partake in these events.

Calm down mastermind....