The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Excellent, thanks @Indominable_J. :)
    Any substitute for DK (GK?), mine is low geared?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ddlooping/collection/
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    @ddlooping2 -- ask and ye shall receive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji08dbC8B1I

The last death in the video (CLS) is very satisfying.

This team (but with Nihilus instead of Tarkin) is my favorite empire squad by far... Tarkin is a great substitute if you want to keep it pure empire ;)
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Excellent, thanks @Indominable_J. :)

Nihilus, GK, or Boba could be useful, though the synergy Krennic brings with a zDT is a beautiful thing.
  • Everyone, as I shared in the Empire Players discord video channel, I'm completely doomed by the new Rebels. The more I see the teams you have and win on auto against the teams that fully destroy me (look bellow some examples), I feel that I'm just doing everything plain wrong.

https://youtu.be/FifGlzHehYs

Please let me know what I'm doing very wrong. In the fight bellow I was facing this guy (https://swgoh.gg/u/winkillerinc/), a fellow shard mate.

Also, I did a test fight using Thrawn but my success rate against most CLS (lead or not) is very low, like 20-30% wins only.

Here is my full roster https://swgoh.gg/u/ronoaldo
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Everyone, as I shared in the Empire Players discord video channel, I'm completely doomed by the new Rebels. The more I see the teams you have and win on auto against the teams that fully destroy me (look bellow some examples), I feel that I'm just doing everything plain wrong.

Please let me know what I'm doing very wrong. In the fight bellow I was facing this guy (https://swgoh.gg/u/winkillerinc/), a fellow shard mate.

Also, I did a test fight using Thrawn but my success rate against most CLS (lead or not) is very low, like 20-30% wins only.

Zeta on thrawn lead is HUGE!!! I see you're not maxed there. I wouldn't run Vader vs. Rebels - you need to remove debuffs and also regenerate health somehow. I'd also consider making your tanks faster even if at the expense of DN / DT. Storm also needs a 3rd protection primary mod not health. I'd also say get 3x prot primary on DN as well - these teams do damage you need the prot. Thrawn I find doesn't need 3x prot primaries because he always is getting the 40% regen when swapping unlike his other 4 allies who get it whenever. I also like a tenacity primary on the cross for Thrawn so he's never debuffed in fracture. Helps a lot if ebb and flow is maxed as well, but I think the zeta on the leader is critical. These rebels do to much damage not to regen protection. Also - DT should be modded for cc / cd with offense secondaries + potency. You need him landing those dazes vs. rebles and doing damage. He doesn't need to be fast - he needs to be a killer. Shore and storm will protect him fine. Get a potency cross on him with prot circle and CD triangle. These changes should give you a lot better balance across the team.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Top tier Empire teams should consider splashing dn and gk if you want to hold reasonably well vs rebels. Gk's crit immunity is a life saver on the ohgan/Leia variants out there.

Thrawn lead is the best empire lead. Luke's basic is tossing out 2 debuffs per swing (his special does too). That's a lot of tm gain by empire. I hate maneuver on defense, but that's a separate argument.

I agree with @JohnnySteelAlpha regarding dt. Go offense on him and think of speed as bonuses. I use tenacity cross in thrawn also. He must NOT get stunned/dazed while he fractured an opponent.

Shore, dn and gk should be fast while maintaining protection on the tanks. Dn can have offense, potency or a mixture of both.

With the counter attacks from luke lead, we need more consistent daze and/or stealths.
  • I trully hope Luke zeta lead will help to bury deep down boring Rex/Chaze teams. That will open a spot for empire, sith and other squads, making arena interesting again.
  • @Indominable_J That's the same team I run and love it. I even have a zeta on Tarkin's unique. It's so fun to climb to 1 amidst all the new Luke leads. I was told by a shard mate that runs cls, atf, r2, leia, and gk that my team was the most challenging for him. It's good to hear that Empire can still be relevant.
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Excellent, thanks @Indominable_J. :)

Nihilus, GK, or Boba could be useful, though the synergy Krennic brings with a zDT is a beautiful thing.
    Thanks @Indominable_J :)
  • SpeedRacer wrote: »
    I trully hope Luke zeta lead will help to bury deep down boring Rex/Chaze teams. That will open a spot for empire, sith and other squads, making arena interesting again.

I can't see Sith lasting much past round 2 vs. these rebels. Once R2 burns them it's going to be a curb stomp of epic proportions.
  • Mega_Man wrote: »
    @Indominable_J That's the same team I run and love it. I even have a zeta on Tarkin's unique. It's so fun to climb to 1 amidst all the new Luke leads. I was told by a shard mate that runs cls, atf, r2, leia, and gk that my team was the most challenging for him. It's good to hear that Empire can still be relevant.

Yeah. I was worried that I would have to retire my team less than two months after getting it together, with CLS coming out. I'm glad I can my own against it. Interestingly, that Han Zolo team in the last video lost to me shortly after that fight (though he's beaten me even before the zeta on Han).

• SpeedRacer wrote: »
    I trully hope Luke zeta lead will help to bury deep down boring Rex/Chaze teams. That will open a spot for empire, sith and other squads, making arena interesting again.

I can't see Sith lasting much past round 2 vs. these rebels. Once R2 burns them it's going to be a curb stomp of epic proportions.
    For every faction is always hard to run a 100% pure. Said that, just add kenobi, he will help to Han shoot him first and can clean R2 burning stuff. I do agree that R2 accuracy unique makes them dodge way less, but they still dodge.
  • Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Everyone, as I shared in the Empire Players discord video channel, I'm completely doomed by the new Rebels. The more I see the teams you have and win on auto against the teams that fully destroy me (look bellow some examples), I feel that I'm just doing everything plain wrong.

Zeta on thrawn lead is HUGE!!! I see you're not maxed there. I wouldn't run Vader vs. Rebels - you need to remove debuffs and also regenerate health somehow. I'd also consider making your tanks faster even if at the expense of DN / DT. Storm also needs a 3rd protection primary mod not health. I'd also say get 3x prot primary on DN as well - these teams do damage you need the prot. Thrawn I find doesn't need 3x prot primaries because he always is getting the 40% regen when swapping unlike his other 4 allies who get it whenever. I also like a tenacity primary on the cross for Thrawn so he's never debuffed in fracture. Helps a lot if ebb and flow is maxed as well, but I think the zeta on the leader is critical. These rebels do to much damage not to regen protection. Also - DT should be modded for cc / cd with offense secondaries + potency. You need him landing those dazes vs. rebles and doing damage. He doesn't need to be fast - he needs to be a killer. Shore and storm will protect him fine. Get a potency cross on him with prot circle and CD triangle. These changes should give you a lot better balance across the team.

Wow that is a very deep insight. I'll try reworking the mods as per your suggestions. Thanks.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Do y'all think there could be a return of a EP leadership because it counters rebels? I was thinking EP(L), shore, thrawn, DT, DN that had your fastest mods could work.

Any team with Zolo would have to stun thrawn off the bat else he could just use his swap ability with whoever is stunned. That allows EP to go in and hopefully land a lot of stuns then the team could go to work.
  • EldMapat wrote: »
    Do y'all think there could be a return of a EP leadership because it counters rebels? I was thinking EP(L), shore, thrawn, DT, DN that had your fastest mods could work.

Any team with Zolo would have to stun thrawn off the bat else he could just use his swap ability with whoever is stunned. That allows EP to go in and hopefully land a lot of stuns then the team could go to work.

I think EP is still too squishy, maybe a zeta could change that though in the future
  • EldMapat wrote: »
    Do y'all think there could be a return of a EP leadership because it counters rebels? I was thinking EP(L), shore, thrawn, DT, DN that had your fastest mods could work.

I think EP is still too squishy, maybe a zeta could change that though in the future
    I agree, especially as zHan is going to be quite prominent on CLS teams.

• ive only just ditched ep since getting him first time, hes fully maxed, but can easily be one shot by chirrut, wiggs, ezra, and loads of toons. so yeah hes a bit squishy... :) Shore helps, but as soon as QGJ/DN/Baze etc dispell hes a sitting duck. he really needs a zeta
  • So a question if i may. Is a 6 or 7* Shore much better than a 5* ? (Gxi maxed minus one stuncuff which wont help him a lot). I heard gear was far more important than stars for tanks. I could farm stormtrooper or snow instead. obvs can be used in raids but weve cracked haat now so not a biggy.

cheers
  • hey, many thanks. I knew that info would be around somewhere but didnt know where to look.

cheers
    B)
  • You're very welcome. :)
  • hmm well it seems ill get around 2k/4k health for 6/7* respectively, and a bit of armour/damage etc. Hardly seems worth it?! Im 45/85 now so might just get to 6* out of stubbornness/sunk cost but doesnt seem hugely beneficial? Maybe im mising something. thanks again.
  • You're not missing anything, @thee_pdx, most toons do not benefit a lot from stars (damage dealer do more than most others though).
    It's all mainly about gear, mods and level.
    However, as you know, some events require a star level, so you'd be mainly missing on those. :)
  • @thee_pdx -- Don't forget that G12 will only be available for 7* characters, so that's another reason to gather those stars.
  • Very good point @Indominable_J :)
  • CLS keeps is taking over my top 20 now.

I am still staying top 20 overnight and I haven't lost on offense but the tide is definitely turning in favor of the Rebel Scum.

I've subbed out Krennic for Stormtrooper and man is his TM removal beastly against CLS squads.

I had one fight where my Thrawn got smashed in the first 39 seconds but was still able to win the fight thanks to Storm soaking up so much damage.

I was shocked to lose Thrawn like that though.

Curious what others are experiencing...

I was thinking of slowing my Shoretrooper down a bit. He's only 209 but he gains so much TM from debuffs, it keeps messing up my turn order.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    For the 1st time, i am able to field a full single-faction team amd b successful. Successful for me = #1 at payout and not falling out of top 20 on a launch shard.

Thrawn (L), DT, DK, Shore, Storm.

Why Storm and not GK?

He's Empire (benefits under Thrawn)
    Trooper synergy that aids Shore and DT
    +230 defense before defense up...he's a wall
    He strips tm from all opponents

Absolutely love this team.

Zetas on Thrawn lead and DT.

https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

@Gaidal_Cain my Shore is at 217 speed and i'd have him even faster if I could swing it. More crit immunity, more heals, retaunts faster...
    Post edited by Poxx on
  • CLS keeps is taking over my top 20 now.

I am still staying top 20 overnight and I haven't lost on offense but the tide is definitely turning in favor of the Rebel Scum.

I've subbed out Krennic for Stormtrooper and man is his TM removal beastly against CLS squads.

I had one fight where my Thrawn got smashed in the first 39 seconds but was still able to win the fight thanks to Storm soaking up so much damage.

I was thinking of slowing my Shoretrooper down a bit. He's only 209 but he gains so much TM from debuffs, it keeps messing up my turn order.

I'm still staying top 20. I'm more frequently finding myself in the 11-15 range than the 6-9 range I was staying at before. Offensively, sometimes I have to figure out a new team configuration. Yesterday, one of my shardmates, the one running the Han Zolo team, substituted zThrawn for zzR2 (so zCLS, Han Zolo, Ezra, GK, zThrawn) and that squad is murderous. He reported that he dropped Krennic, DT, and Tarkin in about 40 seconds. Facing him the first time, I lost a couple of people in the first minute and got wiped out. The second time, I played much smarter, and was able to beat him, but it took a while.
  • @Poxx, it's funny you mentioned that squad because I just put Stormtrooper back in my squad last night.

So far so good. I guess you're right about the crit immunity and the heals. It can't hurt being able to spam them out.

CLS keeps is taking over my top 20 now.

I'm still staying top 20. I'm more frequently finding myself in the 11-15 range than the 6-9 range I was staying at before. Offensively, sometimes I have to figure out a new team configuration. Yesterday, one of my shardmates, the one running the Han Zolo team, substituted zThrawn for zzR2 (so zCLS, Han Zolo, Ezra, GK, zThrawn) and that squad is murderous. He reported that he dropped Krennic, DT, and Tarkin in about 40 seconds. Facing him the first time, I lost a couple of people in the first minute and got wiped out. The second time, I played much smarter, and was able to beat him, but it took a while.

I hate to say it but I think Tarkin is a weak link right now.

I thought his Debuffs would be really helpful against Rebels but between CLS, zzR2, Chirrut/Fulcrum Ashoka/Thrawn, the debuffs just don't stick.

I tried taking out Krennic yesterday and running Storm in his place but lost for the first time on offense against a CLS squad.

Storm was great but Tarkin went down super quick, followed by DT and and Thrawn.

Then I played around with the same squad that @Poxx is running in GW yesterday by putting Krennic back in and taking out zTarkin.

It worked really well so I put that squad in as my last battle last night and have been holding steady at rank 13 today.
  • I hate to say it but I think Tarkin is a weak link right now.

I thought his Debuffs would be really helpful against Rebels but between CLS, zzR2, Chirrut/Fulcrum Ashoka/Thrawn, the debuffs just don't stick.

I tried taking out Krennic yesterday and running Storm in his place but lost for the first time on offense against a CLS squad.

Storm was great but Tarkin went down super quick, followed by DT and and Thrawn.

Then I played around with the same squad that @Poxx is running in GW yesterday by putting Krennic back in and taking out zTarkin.

It worked really well so I put that squad in as my last battle last night and have been holding steady at rank 13 today.

Against most teams, Tarkin goes frequently enough that he's basically constantly reapplying the debuffs. I don't have Storm geared up right now, but I may do that in order to have a second tank, but against a double dispel/fracture team it might still be hard.