Speculation on Thrawn returning?

Prev1
I'm not asking people as of course no one knows but I told myself I wouldn't worry about going turbo on getting Phoenix up to snuff until after R2's event came back.

It has come and gone so I whether Thrawn is coming back this week or in two months, I don't want to get caught with my pants down.

Currently I have all Phoenix toons (aside from Chopper) at level 80, G8 and 7*.

My plan is to bump Ezra and Sabine up to G9 (possivbly Hera as well and trying to ride out the event like that.

Most of the uniques are omega'd at this point and I'm trying to get omega mats to level the rest of their abilities. At around 80 omega mats total, this seems a daunting task.

For those who already have Thrawn at 7*, what do you think recommend i gear my Phoenix squad to?

My mods aren't whale mods per se but they are pretty good. I can do 115+ on one toon and 90+ on the rest with pretty darn good primaries and secondaries.

Advice and thoughts welcome and appreciated!

Replies

• The thread title and its content are somewhat at odds with each other.

I don't have a 7 star Thrawn, but I believe I remember seeing that t8 was sufficient.
  • I highly doubt that thrawn will return this month. R2 broke patterns and was brought back just for the CLS event. Thrawn is needed for any "big" event (like this CLS thing) sooooo don't count on his return right now. But if all of your toons are 7* then you shouldnt worry too much! That's the hardest part...grinding that gear to jump from G8 to G9 should be your only focus now for this team, I would just stockpile said gear until we get an official word on his return.
  • I think thrawn will come back and be needed for an ultra OP Rebel character in Septembers Rebel pass when wiggs and Lando get zetas
  • Yoda came back in 3, palps and R2 in 4. Thrawn will be back in Sept/Oct (about 4 months) and CLS will be our Christmas event assuming it follows the legendary cadence.
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm not asking people as of course no one knows but I told myself I wouldn't worry about going turbo on getting Phoenix up to snuff until after R2's event came back.

It has come and gone so I whether Thrawn is coming back this week or in two months, I don't want to get caught with my pants down.

My plan is to bump Ezra and Sabine up to G9 (possivbly Hera as well and trying to ride out the event like that.

Most of the uniques are omega'd at this point and I'm trying to get omega mats to level the rest of their abilities. At around 80 omega mats total, this seems a daunting task.

For those who already have Thrawn at 7*, what do you think recommend i gear my Phoenix squad to?

My mods aren't whale mods per se but they are pretty good. I can do 115+ on one toon and 90+ on the rest with pretty darn good primaries and secondaries.

You can with equipments VIII and good mods, Sabine and Ezra are the most important for damage, so higher become easier. Just need focus to kill the Deathtroopers first, let Thraw to last. Hera, Kanan, Sabine are essential, Ezra for more firepower, so you choose or Zeb or Chooper to the team, i preffer Zeb
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    My speculation? Yes. He will return. Be ready.

I'm still trying to 7* Hera, so I hope it's later rather than sooner.
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member
    Hera is essential because leadership skill, Kanan is essential because the 70% counter chance and that skill need omega, Sabine give critical chance and critical damage bonus and omega help, Ezra give extra damage per turn and omega is not essential, same for Zeb or Chooper, but higher skills make easier the fight. When i did my Sabine and Ezra was XI, but the others VIII or IX, Sabine full omegas and Kanan unique skill with omega. First try i lost because had focus trying to kill Thraw first, second try was easy killing Deathtroopers first
  • Ezra 72/100 (28 to go) Chopper 230/65 (20 to go) Sabine 167/85 (18 to go).
    The rest 7*. Bring on the Thrawn.
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member

You can with equipments VIII and good mods, Sabine and Ezra are the most important for damage, so higher become easier. Just need focus to kill the Deathtroopers first, let Thraw to last. Hera, Kanan, Sabine are essential, Ezra for more firepower, so you choose or Zeb or Chooper to the team, i preffer Zeb but had players that did with Chooper
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Caljr wrote: »
    Hera is essential because leadership skill, Kanan is essential because the 70% counter chance and that skill need omega, Sabine give critical chance and critical damage bonus and omega help, Ezra give extra damage per turn and omega is not essential, same for Zeb or Chooper, but higher skills make easier the fight. When i did my Sabine and Ezra was XI, but the others VIII or IX, Sabine full omegas and Kanan unique skill with omega. First try i lost because had focus trying to kill Thraw first, second try was easy killing Deathtroopers first

Good to know. Thanks! She's my last one left to finish starring. Gear is still a bit meh on all, and I have no idea how to mod them aside from the obligatory "speed".
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    13 shards from 7* Sabine. Last one to *.

Hera G9, Sabine G7, the rest G8.

Might take a few goes but I'll get him.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Problem is Ezra and Hera both come from Cantina nodes. For me it's a choice of one or the other and Hera is the leader so she's kind of important.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I'd say just bump Ezra to g10 instead..
    You'll be fine either way. Level them all the way up and put some mods on. You'll be g2g
    Oh also helps if you omega the uniques
  • Caljr wrote: »

You can with equipments VIII and good mods, Sabine and Ezra are the most important for damage, so higher become easier. Just need focus to kill the Deathtroopers first, let Thraw to last. Hera, Kanan, Sabine are essential, Ezra for more firepower, so you choose or Zeb or Chooper to the team, i preffer Zeb but had players that did with Chooper

Funny. All the other strats I read said it is much easier with Chopper than Sabine. Using him instead makes it doable at lower gear levels than with Sabine.

I guess some people get too fixated on damage over survivability though.
  • Woodroward wrote: »

Funny. All the other strats I read said it is much easier with Chopper than Sabine. Using him instead makes it doable at lower gear levels than with Sabine.

Many players did use Chopper instead of Sabine, mostly because she's quite a pain to farm i guess. Sabine isn't mandatory at all, Ezra is (and he's way easier to farm too). Sabine's unique won't help you that much cause every other Phoenix deal really low damages, even with more critical.

One only needs a well modded/geared Ezra. Plus Chopper brings a lot of survivability to the team.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

One only needs a well modded/geared Ezra. Plus Chopper brings a lot of survivability to the team.

zeb is key, even at g8.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • My strategy: 5 Phoenix guys at lvl 72 at 7*. Gear lvl 7.

Instead of wasting gear on them, I'm spending the crystals to farm speed mods for the next month, hoping I can complete the event with my arena mods equipped.

I have no interest in Phoenix at all, will never use them after the Thrawn event, so I don't want to gear them :smile:
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Stratos wrote: »
    Yoda came back in 3, palps and R2 in 4. Thrawn will be back in Sept/Oct (about 4 months) and CLS will be our Christmas event assuming it follows the legendary cadence.

July was emperor, august was yoda and june was yoda too, so not likely one of those will return soon, R2 event was just there while thrawn was unannounced with 2 weeks of farming instead of 4 so i think they will bring back thrawn because not many people got him. Otherwise R2 I suppose.
  • Stratos wrote: »
    Yoda came back in 3, palps and R2 in 4. Thrawn will be back in Sept/Oct (about 4 months) and CLS will be our Christmas event assuming it follows the legendary cadence.

July was emperor, august was yoda and june was yoda too, so not likely one of those will return soon, R2 event was just there while thrawn was unannounced with 2 weeks of farming instead of 4 so i think they will bring back thrawn because not many people got him. Otherwise R2 I suppose.

You must have missed the announcement that Yoda and Emperor trade off month after month. In other words, Emperor will be September, Yoda will be October, etc, etc. The ones that have random timetables are Thrawn, R2, and CLS.

@Stratos R2 came back in 2 months, not 4. June - Aug is 2 months.

Thrawn will almost certainly be back in either September (for premiere of new Rebels season) or October (because that will be 4 months, and no legendary event has ever taken longer than that to come back).

• Thanks for the responses.

@Woodroward

I guess the disparity between the title and what I wrote is that my speculation is that it will be sooner rather than later.

I also heard a rumor that it was coming back VERY soon but it is all hearsay so who knows.

I'm just actively gearing Sabine and Ezra.

Thrawn is already 6* so I will apply the same strategy I used last time as I didn't use Chopper then either.
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Stratos wrote: »

You must have missed the announcement that Yoda and Emperor trade off month after month. In other words, Emperor will be September, Yoda will be October, etc, etc. The ones that have random timetables are Thrawn, R2, and CLS.

@Stratos R2 came back in 2 months, not 4. June - Aug is 2 months.

Thrawn will almost certainly be back in either September (for premiere of new Rebels season) or October (because that will be 4 months, and no legendary event has ever taken longer than that to come back).

But r2 was released in May O.o
    May-August is three months.
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member

Many players did use Chopper instead of Sabine, mostly because she's quite a pain to farm i guess. Sabine isn't mandatory at all, Ezra is (and he's way easier to farm too). Sabine's unique won't help you that much cause every other Phoenix deal really low damages, even with more critical.

Sabine give 25% critical chance and critical damage for all Phoenix heroes under Hera Leadership, Ezra give 10% extra damage per turn, max 40% after 4 if not defeated so with Sabine if you let all Phoenix heroes with 50% critical chance with mods, Will be 75% critical chance to do 175% extra damage, 241% extra damage with 4 critical damage mods with the middleright with 36% critical damage, sincerely i cannot see why Ezra is more important than She about damage if you have Hera Lead and Kanan unique that let all Phoenix heroes with 70% counter chance.

Chooper let Phoenix recover 15% health at start of turn and 15% protection when receive damage if dont already have protection up, but Thraw have 2 Deathtroopers that do a lot of damage, plus put Healing immunit that make Chooper health recover uselles, plus after the first Phoenix dead, they will put deathmark on the others that Will make them receive a lot of extra damage.

Zeb give bonus max protection 30% of health without omega, 40% with omega, plus recover the 15% at start of turn, double if debuffed, so against the Deathtroopers that put Healing immunit i could be wrong, but seems more interesting than Chooper.

Hera need buff Kanan with Plan B to let him ressurect the first death and keep all Phoenix with counter chance, remember that all Phoenix loose the unique skill of the dead Phoenix heroe.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I have no interest in Phoenix at all, will never use them after the Thrawn event, so I don't want to gear them :smile:

That's how I feel. Such a waste of good gear and omegas. I'd rather swap in all my best mods, which can then be returned to the useful characters after the event is over.
  • I have no interest in using them, but since I have to gear them for thrawn anyway, I've been throwing them at HAAT P2... They've done a surprising amount of damage on auto. They end up giving me about 350-400k damage in that phase, so for a team I don't care about they've had a use outside thrawn.

Also... if you have a phoenix die before the DTs die, you might as well reset, you're going to lose anyway.
  • Olga wrote: »
    Problem is Ezra and Hera both come from Cantina nodes. For me it's a choice of one or the other and Hera is the leader so she's kind of important.
    Don't forget--Ezra also comes in Fleet shipments. So if you start by farming Hera, you can progress Ezra simultaneously. You almost certainly won't finish him first, but you can get 40-50 shards in that timeframe no problem.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Sabine give 25% critical chance and critical damage for all Phoenix heroes under Hera Leadership, Ezra give 10% extra damage per turn, max 40% after 4 if not defeated so with Sabine if you let all Phoenix heroes with 50% critical chance with mods, Will be 75% critical chance to do 175% extra damage, 241% extra damage with 4 critical damage mods with the middleright with 36% critical damage, sincerely i cannot see why Ezra is more important than She about damage if you have Hera Lead and Kanan unique that let all Phoenix heroes with 70% counter chance.

ezra's watch and learn comes in pretty handy, so does his dispel. dmg increase on low dmg is not very effective.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Caljr wrote: »

Chooper let Phoenix recover 15% health at start of turn and 15% protection when receive damage if dont already have protection up, but Thraw have 2 Deathtroopers that do a lot of damage, plus put Healing immunit that make Chooper health recover uselles, plus after the first Phoenix dead, they will put deathmark on the others that Will make them receive a lot of extra damage.

Zeb give bonus max protection 30% of health without omega, 40% with omega, plus recover the 15% at start of turn, double if debuffed, so against the Deathtroopers that put Healing immunit i could be wrong, but seems more interesting than Chooper.

This is 100% accurate, tested it in GW. Assuming Chooper is the Mexican Chopper, that is.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Olga wrote: »
    Don't forget--Ezra also comes in Fleet shipments. So if you start by farming Hera, you can progress Ezra simultaneously. You almost certainly won't finish him first, but you can get 40-50 shards in that timeframe no problem.
    That's good to know. Is he really that important if I have the others though?
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    That's good to know. Is he really that important if I have the others though?

I think he is. Hes also the only one thats actually useful outside of Phoenix squad
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Yeah I know he's useful in arena but I wasn't really planning on using him, I guess I'll farm him through shipments if I need him for Thrawn though, thanks.