Galactic War and overall game phenomenon

Aplus
138 posts Member
Rant warning: Don't start reading if you have a poor sense of humour. Thank you.

There you go. Finally hit the wall. I was breezing through Galactic war today when I met this team on node 11: z-CLS(L), z-r2, GK, z-thrawn, Baze. I was running zader lead until my first force crush which resulted in 42k counter damage on my baze.

So I realised that I needed daze to get past CLS, and I swapped in maul to deal with the problem. Without prior turn meter however, maul went dow quickly along with EP, rex and vader. None of this mattered, since I got past the node, and I was all but a little annoyed.

Then I realised the near EXACT SAME TEAM was waiting for me in node 12, only this time it is z-CLS(L), z-r2, GK, z-thrawn, z-FAT. Without anymore group stuns and certainly no daze, this time with FAT instant nuked one of my toons away, I was annihilated by the enemy team's COUNTERS, not even during their turns.

So tell me, CG, how the hell, am I or anyone supposed to beat that team TWICE in a row? Do-oh-please explain this to me, or if you are kind enough include a video, in a non-whale language (sorry I am a fish, I don't speak whale or stashed a vault or crystals under my coral reefs). Or, maybe you just can't balance your Star Wars: Galaxy of Speed Rebel Heroes correctly. Might as well just call it SWGSRH from now on, since it is as unplayable for other factions as unpronounceable this ^ sounds.

Replies

• Aplus wrote: »
    Without prior turn meter however, maul went dow quickly along with EP, rex and vader.

Here is your problem.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Aplus wrote: »
    Without prior turn meter however, maul went dow quickly along with EP, rex and vader.

Here is your problem.

+1
    GW requires more strategy than blowing through the whole thing with a single team. Will you beat it every time? Of course not, but learn from your mistakes and get better.
  • Aplus
    138 posts Member
    Rant warning: Don't start reading if you have a poor sense of humour. Thank you.

There you go. Finally hit the wall. I was breezing through Galactic war today when I met this team on node 11: z-CLS(L), z-r2, GK, z-thrawn, Baze. I was running zader lead until my first force crush which resulted in 42k counter damage on my baze.

So I realised that I needed daze to get past CLS, and I swapped in maul to deal with the problem. Without prior turn meter however, maul went dow quickly along with EP, rex and vader. None of this mattered, since I got past the node, and I was all but a little annoyed.

Then I realised the near EXACT SAME TEAM was waiting for me in node 12, only this time it is z-CLS(L), z-r2, GK, z-thrawn, z-FAT. Without anymore group stuns and certainly no daze, this time with FAT instant nuked one of my toons away, I was annihilated by the enemy team's COUNTERS, not even during their turns.

So tell me, CG, how the hell, am I or anyone supposed to beat that team TWICE in a row? Do-oh-please explain this to me, or if you are kind enough include a video, in a non-whale language (sorry I am a fish, I don't speak whale or stashed a vault or crystals under my coral reefs). Or, maybe you just can't balance your Star Wars: Galaxy of Speed Rebel Heroes correctly. Might as well just call it SWGSRH from now on, since it is as unplayable for other factions as unpronounceable this ^ sounds.
  • Aplus wrote: »
    I was running zader lead until my first force crush which resulted in 42k counter damage on my baze.

So I realised that I needed daze to get past CLS, and I swapped in maul to deal with the problem. Without prior turn meter however, maul went dow quickly along with EP, rex and vader.

Wel there's your problem. You're bad at Galactic War.

Don't use one team all the way through. That's bad and you will lose.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I've been facing the exact same thing, some variation of CLS (L), R2, Thrawn, and 2 others, all with Zetas, on Nodes 9, 11, and 12. I run Resistance with all possible Zetas (at this point in time), so with a TM advantage and decent RNG I can still always come out on top, but I definitely got blindsided the first time it happened, and was fortunate that I'd been OCD enough to TM boost my Zader backup squad to let me get through Node 12. Best answer to CLS is a combination of Daze and Stealth, but with those insane lineups, even the best laid plans may go awry. Best of luck in the future.
  • Put together a team with the 5 toons with the most protection.
    Fight Node 1 and win.
    You just need to do this once, until you're standing before another wall.

(Probably) Enjoy easy nodes 11 and 12 (or at least 12).
  • J3FF
    69 posts Member
    You have about five nodes to prime your squads/toons. After that GW really starts. Use those first few nodes to get that tm primed for your best toons. I bet you've learnt from this. Maul will be ready for tomorrow.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    I don't even bother looking at node 12 anymore. It's not worth the stress.
  • Resistance! ;)
  • Loading TM on a couple of squads early (while keeping specials off cool down) is a great way to beat faster/stronger squads at the end of the table.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Moving to appropriate sub-forum: Feedback: Galactic War
  • Jay_cube1 wrote: »
    Resistance! ;)

I used to tm load 5 squads. Now I just use resistance. It is the gw easy button.
  • I've been facing the exact same thing, some variation of CLS (L), R2, Thrawn, and 2 others, all with Zetas, on Nodes 9, 11, and 12. I run Resistance with all possible Zetas at this point in time, so with a TM advantage and decent RNG I can still always come out on top, but I definitely got blindsided the first time it happened, and was fortunate that I'd been OCD enough to TM boost my Zader backup squad to let me get through Node 12. Best answer to CLS is a combination of Daze and Stealth, but with those insane lineups, even the best laid plans may go awry. Best of luck in the future.