Shard Shop Exclusive Character later this month

Replies

• is the new character going to be randomly placed in the shop and purchasable 2 shards at a time like the others? or will there be a choice to buy it out right? it would suck if it were like the others, hoping to have the new guy show up in the shop 50 times just to unlock him. i hope the devs are taking this into consideration.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    On my 3rd refresh on shard shop, JKG 3times, one she was doubled, sid 2times, jawa 2times, this time double, RG two times, looking like the same gravel as shipments
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Honestly...

The shard shop converts at a 10:1 ratio...

That is DISGUSTING.

Better off just topping up a few toons here and there then trying to get 2500+ shards together for an 'exclusive' toon.

Shards should convert 1:1, period. It's only fair. Value is value.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Honestly...

The shard shop converts at a 10:1 ratio...

That is DISGUSTING.

Better off just topping up a few toons here and there then trying to get 2500+ shards together for an 'exclusive' toon.

Shards should convert 1:1, period. It's only fair. Value is value.

I agree, but I knew that 1:1 would never happen, and here is why, if you pull a 4* toon you get 80 shards if it's locked, but only 32 if it's unlocked
    and now if you have the toon 7* the pull is only 3.2 shards = 4% of the original value or 25:1 ratio :#
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • To the poster concerned about Chromium Exclusives moving to the various shops; it's a pretty safe bet that at least one or two characters will make the move, perhaps one per available shop. That's 3, right? If EA/CG continues the trend of following the games that came before it in this genre, they will update the shops with formerly exclusive characters while introducing an appropriate number of new characters as well to continue the incentive of buying the packs.

I'd say just plan for it. It's almost always a good idea to hoard the appropriate currency before an update goes live. They aren't doing a fantastic job of explaining it compared to other games who post it on their forums weeks in advance, but I don't know how large their team is and what directives they have. I would appreciate the heads up as much as anyone, but I also like the mystery surrounding it. We've gotten very spoiled at having complete access to development teams and the communication that the internet brings with it, but tend to forget that they don't really owe us anything. Make the argument you pay their bills all you want, but they didn't make you buy their packs any more than they made me. I chose it, and I can wait.

That being said...DETAILS! I WANT DETAILS!

sigh

Tool
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Robobob wrote: »
    rotam wrote: »
    this shard shop is a waste of time. whales are not interested because you offer them characters they already have maxed, f2p are not interested because we do not have hundreds of extra shards. well done

Exclusive coming in two weeks then whales will be thrilled. How anyone spends thousands of dollars on a game is beyond me anyways.

LOL. Exactly. Imagine if Xbox or Playstation released a game for $80 or $100. Gamers would lose their minds, yet people are spending thousands on a single game to grant them access to some heroes that one day will disappear from this earth when the game becomes unprofitable and folds. Addiction is a terrible thing.

Hang on, I thought it was my money to spend how I want. The last time you went out on a Friday or Saturday night and spent >$100 on alcohol?

Seems some do this every weekend.... how dare they spend their own money like that.... What a waste!!!!!

Oh yeah, I have another mate who has spent nearly $8000 on a marine (salt water) fish tank. It is awesome!! He has only had it for about a year an a half and is now selling it cos he wants to go travelling (needs attention like most pets). He might get $2000 for it. Even though he has enjoyed it for the past year and a half, he will lose over $6000. What an **** to spend his own money like that!!! Must be addicted to fish or something.
  • Kurgen wrote: »
    this shard shop is a waste of time. whales are not interested because you offer them characters they already have maxed, f2p are not interested because we do not have hundreds of extra shards. well done

Exclusive coming in two weeks then whales will be thrilled. How anyone spends thousands of dollars on a game is beyond me anyways.

LOL. Exactly. Imagine if Xbox or Playstation released a game for $80 or $100. Gamers would lose their minds, yet people are spending thousands on a single game to grant them access to some heroes that one day will disappear from this earth when the game becomes unprofitable and folds. Addiction is a terrible thing.

Hang on, I thought it was my money to spend how I want. The last time you went out on a Friday or Saturday night and spent >$100 on alcohol?

Seems some do this every weekend.... how dare they spend their own money like that.... What a waste!!!!!

Oh yeah, I have another mate who has spent nearly $8000 on a marine (salt water) fish tank. It is awesome!! He has only had it for about a year an a half and is now selling it cos he wants to go travelling (needs attention like most pets). He might get $2000 for it. Even though he has enjoyed it for the past year and a half, he will lose over $6000. What an **** to spend his own money like that!!! Must be addicted to fish or something.

Best post of the forum ever :)
  • I want to see if I am understanding this correctly: if you have a 7 star character and continue to gain shards for them past their max, those are the only shards you may trade in? Those shards you can trade in for....any character? Specific characters only?

My concern with this new released character is that they are going to become much like Darth Vader. "Yay cool I got him! ....but I can't promote him because his shards are exclusively game achievement based...so he is essentially useless." In other words, why would I save shards to buy a new character who I can only get shards for by converting at a loss...as opposed to playing normal and promoting others?

• One thing a lot of you don't seem to understand is this: paying to buy chromium packs isn't meant to make you the best player. All it is for is convenience. The FTP players will eventually be where you all are, and haven't had to spend a dollar. It will take much longer assuming they move the p2w characters over down the road but the way I'm seeing things go, the chromium only characters aren't even the best. Buying packs simply gives you a short term advantage over FTP players.
  • Fher wrote: »
    I think the shard shop is an addition to everything we already have. It should not be considered a main source to promote heroes. I think the exclusive character (s) should be obtainable by other means.

The shard shop should be there to assist with those heroes that you're just a few shards away from maxing them, for instance there was someone around here that said they had like 64/65 shards on Darth Maul. The shard shop allows for completions of these type of sets. It should be intended to compliment shard completion, not to be the primary method to do so.

I agree BUT. By this logic there is no reason to put a exclusive hero in the shop then-- since the only way to get said hero is to farm the shop. If they make the new exclusive hero available with every refresh or it can have an unlimited amount of purchase the shard shop might then be okay. It would help players, as you said that might need a few shards to complete a toon as well as whales who want to exchange the absurd amount of shards they have going unused

If they do not make the exclusive charter truly Farmable (not the total **** where you get 2 refreshes a day) then this shard shop is a total slap in the face.
  • I am predicting Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. (TFA)
  • BB8!!! Ultimate droid team!
  • I just don't want to know how long its gonne take to get that character with this f'd up ratio in the shard shop. Hmmm, a month maybe...if you're lucky. :smile:
  • I just got 2 Poe shards for only 200 points, he didn't have enough tenacity to resist the purchase
  • Problem with your "shard shop" is that you can only use it once every 24hrs. The drop on packs is honestly crappy and should have a way put into place that doesn't give you same shards and same characters time after time. You have made the yoda event so most people have to spend hundreds to get him. I spend a lot on this app each month but not anymore after seeing how it's going. I consider myself a serious gamer and I like knowing I can either spend or play free. but you have shifted this game more towards p2p and just made it way less interesting. Even though my voice and words will go overlooked and the $500 - $1000 a month I spend is nothing to you guys I still wanted to voice my opinion for the first time here and vent my concerns.
  • I think the exclusive character will be poe un-nerfed version.
  • @EA_Jesse
    Someone in another thread said that you said the shard shop exclusive would take less shards than other heroes, can you confirm? Otherwise I am looking at trading in 220 days of clearing GW for the SSE Hero....bit much IMO.
  • TCouldhe char is to 99,99% Emperor Palpetine

Could be Jedi Luke or regular Han as well. Both those characters are already in the game as NPCs.

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    It's a clone, ewok or a jawa
  • Fher
    188 posts Member
    Shard Shop definitely needs a refresh button like regular shipments with same increments 50, 50, 100, and so on and refresh on its on every 6 hours, not 24 hours.
  • When is this exclusive character making his appearance ?
  • Jfavor wrote: »
    Problem with your "shard shop" is that you can only use it once every 24hrs. The drop on packs is honestly crappy and should have a way put into place that doesn't give you same shards and same characters time after time. You have made the yoda event so most people have to spend hundreds to get him. I spend a lot on this app each month but not anymore after seeing how it's going. I consider myself a serious gamer and I like knowing I can either spend or play free. but you have shifted this game more towards p2p and just made it way less interesting. Even though my voice and words will go overlooked and the $500 - $1000 a month I spend is nothing to you guys I still wanted to voice my opinion for the first time here and vent my concerns.

I agree with you on the shard shop, but there is absolutely no need to spend $$ on the Yoda event. It's reoccurring, so do what you can now and spend time farming the appropriate characters for when it pops up again in a few weeks.
  • Monkeyman
    143 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Maz Kanata ftw
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • a think came to my mind, if they will raise the star cap?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Fher wrote: »
    I think the shard shop is an addition to everything we already have. It should not be considered a main source to promote heroes. I think the exclusive character (s) should be obtainable by other means.

The shard shop should be there to assist with those heroes that you're just a few shards away from maxing them, for instance there was someone around here that said they had like 64/65 shards on Darth Maul. The shard shop allows for completions of these type of sets. It should be intended to compliment shard completion, not to be the primary method to do so.

Well they plan to add a shard shop only toon so what "should be" the case and what is actually the case are not the same. While i agree with you that it SHOULD just be for a few extras, thats simply not the case concerning whatever the exclusive toon will be. If its exclusive to he shop as they said then the shard shop is 100% the primary (and only) way to work on them
  • Kurgen wrote: »

Great post. There can be only one! Lol
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Reddplague wrote: »
    Lol, by the time I get shards to spend in the shop serval characters will have been released.

Yep. I don't have $50 to drop every couple of days.
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    On my 3rd refresh on shard shop, JKG 3times, one she was doubled, sid 2times, jawa 2times, this time double, RG two times, looking like the same gravel as shipments

staring at Datcha x 2, Sid (7 starred), ugnaught, stormtrooper, Daka (7 starred) right now
  • Tomek
    327 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    The description of new shop says if I will have more 7* chars I will receive more tokens in the shop. The question is : how many 7* chars do I have to own for receive 1 new shard in exchange of 5 old for sure ?
This discussion has been closed.