How does one gear a toon past tier 8?

Tman
257 posts Member
I guess its more of how to get the pieces. Thank You.
I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    with patience ;)
    What piece are you looking for? some can't be farmed in lightside or darkside nodes, but only in raids or purchased from shops.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Rancor Raid (heroic), Fleet Shipments, Shipments, Shard Shop. All have the gear you are looking for.
  • Bhaalor wrote: »
    Rancor Raid (heroic), Fleet Shipments, Shipments, Shard Shop. All have the gear you are looking for.
    This.

@Tman if you're in a guild that is doing 5 star Rancor and 6 star AAT, there's a gear gap between those two raids. Heroic Rancor goes a long way toward helping to fill that gap. And you can supplement that by buying gear from shops. If your guild has not done Heroic Rancor, try consulting with your guild leaders and see if they're willing to graduate the guild to that tier.

If they're not, it might be time for you to find a new guild.
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Thanks for the replies.
    Not quite sure @leef.
    That's disappointing for me, @Bhaalor.
    I'm in my first guild that does heroic, @lisztophobia. You could make a case I wasn't ready I barely get to top 20. That actually one reason I am trying to gear them past tier 8 and unlock Erso.
    Again, Thanks.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • Also make sure to progress as far as you can through the Light Side & Dark Side Battles. Some high level gear can be farmed there. Some, but not all, and it can be kinda slow to farm gear that way. Every little bit counts though.

Ideally concentrate on the hard nodes that drop both character shards that you want & gear that you want. To maximize your chance to come away with at least something that you wanted.
  • Get lucky in heroic Rancor

Or slowly farm them 3 pieces at a time from Shard Shop

Or buy crystals and buy them from shipmenta