Revan Extrapolation based on CLS

I'm guessing that whenever the Revan unlock event rolls around, HK-47 will be essential in unlocking him, just as Luke's Rebel comrades were necessary in unlocking him. For all you Revan/Kotor 1 fans out there, make sure you have HK at 7*. It makes sense to me, just thought I'd share and (maybe) give people a heads up? I've just started thinking of all the characters they have yet to release, and if any of them are CLS style, I'm going to try to be prepared.

Replies

• Or he will be a marquee event open to any toon
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    I'm thinking Marquee too, since Nihilus was also a 3*.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Who is revan again?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    Who is revan again?

Just some guy, he was a Jedi then a Sith then a Jedi again. Sort of like Vader come to think of it.

And before anyone comments, I am aware leef is well known for sarcasm.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Definitely marquee. I dont see what the big deal is about him
  • wow, so you all don't think there's any chance of the devs changing things up? Maybe marquee events are growing stale. Maybe CLS is the new model for major character releases - perhaps not the 7* only unlock, but in the necessity of using related toons in more of a story arc than just a string of battles.
  • RandyMarsh
    380 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    SwiftMooky wrote: »
    wow, so you all don't think there's any chance of the devs changing things up? Maybe marquee events are growing stale. Maybe CLS is the new model for major character releases - perhaps not the 7* only unlock, but in the necessity of using related toons in more of a story arc than just a string of battles.

I don't think so. CLS was supposed to be different to pay tribute to how significant luke is to the Star Wars universe. They may do something different from a marquee event, but I doubt it will be a hero's journey style event.

Edit: right after I posted this I remembered something I heard on the galactic war report podcast. They had a few devs on there (TopHat was one) and they hinted that there might be a dark side heroes journey. I could see that being revan.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Maybe marquee, but I hope he's legendary. Make Bastilla Shan, T3-M4, and some other KOTOR toons marquee, and require them to unlock Revan. DN is awesome, but I would prefer a CLS style unlock for Revan.
  • RandyMarsh wrote: »
    wow, so you all don't think there's any chance of the devs changing things up? Maybe marquee events are growing stale. Maybe CLS is the new model for major character releases - perhaps not the 7* only unlock, but in the necessity of using related toons in more of a story arc than just a string of battles.

I don't think so. CLS was supposed to be different to pay tribute to how significant luke is to the Star Wars universe. They may do something different from a marquee event, but I doubt it will be a hero's journey style event.

Edit: right after I posted this I remembered something I heard on the galactic war report podcast. They had a few devs on there (TopHat was one) and they hinted that there might be a dark side heroes journey. I could see that being revan.

I'm just saying, it seems like it would be very costly to rule this out as a possibility, may as well take the next 30 days (or less) and get HK to 7* to at least be somewhat prepared - and who knows, maybe a rework will see HK with a Revan synergy.
  • Revan will be a money maker for EA. I predict a Thrawn type event, with new characters and character packs (along with double drops and shard shop availability) dropped two weeks before his event ends. Characters can be anyone from the same era.
  • If anything he'll be marquee
  • Can we get a Vader or EP "heroes journey" before Revan or anyone else from KOTR?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    APX_919 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Who is revan again?

Just some guy, he was a Jedi then a Sith then a Jedi again. Sort of like Vader come to think of it.

And before anyone comments, I am aware leef is well known for sarcasm.

thanks ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Can we get a Vader or EP "heroes journey" before Revan or anyone else from KOTR?

How would this new Vader or EP differ from the ones we have now? Not being snarky, I'm curious what you have in mind.
  • Mitchell_1313
    341 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Can we get a Vader or EP "heroes journey" before Revan or anyone else from KOTR?

How would this new Vader or EP differ from the ones we have now? Not being snarky, I'm curious what you have in mind.

Well considering we will have 3 Han Solo's...I think the devs can easily make a second Vader or Palpatine.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Can we get a Vader or EP "heroes journey" before Revan or anyone else from KOTR?

Well considering we will have 3 Han Solo's...I think the devs can easily make a second Vader or Palpatine.

True, we need a Rogue One Vader, who can actually fight.
  • But Vader and Palpatine aren't Rebels. So, you'll get one version. And you'll like it. -_-
  • DEATHCOYOTE
    977 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    RandyMarsh wrote: »

They did that simply by letting him heal his own health, heal his own protection, buff his own TM, reduce others TM, and stun. The only power* they didn't give him is to throw X-wings at people and I'm pretty sure new Yoda will have that. At this rate the only way to balance things out is to release 7 new sith and 4 new empire. Rebels will still outnumber both factions combined but at least it wouldn't be as noticeable
  • I just want the man xD