Chewbacca?

Anyone have end game info in using him?

I've recently swapped him back in and even at lvl 63 seems to be doing well with my other lvl 68-70 chars.

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    He sucks in arena. He's ok in missions but tanks aren't really necessary.
  • Telaan wrote: »
    He sucks in arena. He's ok in missions but tanks aren't really necessary.

Seems to be the key to fighting lvl 70 max GW teams. Had to sac him second to last fight today.
  • MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Anyone have end game info in using him?

I've recently swapped him back in and even at lvl 63 seems to be doing well with my other lvl 68-70 chars.

I use a level 70 7* T8 Chewbacca in GW and Arena. I am not all that successful in Arena, my highest rank is 83. However, I find that he is great on my GW team.
  • here are chewy's level 70 stats and abilities. http://www.swgohcantina.com/clone-wars-chewbacca/
  • MenaceTEC
    670 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    here are chewy's level 70 stats and abilities. http://www.swgohcantina.com/clone-wars-chewbacca/

Thank you.

I've checked out most of the info on that site. He seems viable just wondering if anyone uses him at max.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    He's slow does very little damage and can still be easily nuked. By the time he goes most of your other toons will already be dead.
    He's slow does very little damage and can still be easily nuked. By the time he goes most of your other toons will already be dead.

Your referring PVP?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Yessir
    Yessir

Don't plan on using tanks in arena just looking for one who doesn't die in a single round of glass cannons for GW.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    I use mine for fodder in GW. It's not much different than arena.
    I use mine for fodder in GW. It's not much different than arena.

In the arena I don't mind if my toons die. If I win with one standing it's as good as five standing.

That philosophy left me with no tanks. I prefer doing as much damage (think that's the obvious meta now) as I can.
  • I think Chewie can be useful in GW, very likely to die if you're facing a strong squad, but at least it's him and not a good character dying...
  • Monxie wrote: »
    I think Chewie can be useful in GW, very likely to die if you're facing a strong squad, but at least it's him and not a good character dying...

I was using him vs 7 lvl higher teams and he did really well today. Im going to lvl him up and see how it goes.
  • MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Monxie wrote: »
    I think Chewie can be useful in GW, very likely to die if you're facing a strong squad, but at least it's him and not a good character dying...

I was using him vs 7 lvl higher teams and he did really well today. Im going to lvl him up and see how it goes.

My Chewbacca is on my A Team for GW and he survives all 12 nodes everyday start to finish. The key is not to use him for taunt immediately, you use taunt when your healing is on cooldown and he can basically save your team for a turn. In Arena it's a bit different as once you taunt with him he seldom lives thru the turn, sure he still saves your other guys for a turn but he seldom survives compared to GW.

My Chewbacca is level 70
    7*
    Tier 8
    Ability Level 7-6-6-6
  • My lvl 70 chewie was an absolute stalwart in arena until the advent of poe. I've been in the game since the start and have reached number 1 on my very competitve server. He is packing 17k hp which allowed him to survive to taunt or taunt and survive! Poe made the massive damage low hp characters too common for him to be viable after that and I had to go faster than he was capable of going. Still a starter for me in gw. Nearly unkillable until the big teams come along and even then he works after the suicide squads go in.