Zeta Han is a liability on opening

Prev1
Neo2551
1824 posts Member
Hello :)

As much as I love Zeta Han, his Zeta makes him a liability in arena on the first move, because it feeds TM to the most popular leaders (CLS, Rex and Thrawn). We just need a little bit more to make him really dangerous: No TM gain on first move of Han.

Replies

• usho1
    363 posts Member
    Options
    He's already op, get out.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    I think I remember now why I told myself not to give my opinion over the forums.

As you might be reaallllllyyyyy smart, I can explain why he is not OP: against CLS or Rex lead, Han will just feed TM, and the opponent only need to be smart enough to adjust the speed of their cleanser to go before any of the stunned toon while considering the TM gain.

With this respect Leia is much better, but I am just saying.
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Doesnt really matter when you can one shot most stuff
  • Options
    All characters have benefits and drawbacks. Han is incredibly strong, the small TM gain is a tiny price to pay.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Switch him out for someone else if he is that much of a liability to you
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, no: because making the opponent team going first while you should have the speed advantage is ****.
  • Options
    So don't use him against those teams.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Which are all the teams on my shard :) I am just saying to avoid Han, that is it.
  • Options
    And Han will get 20% TM under a Wedge lead. Win win i guess.
  • Options
    Well, Han gets a guaranteed first hit and stun so... would you rather an enemy hit first?
  • Options
    "Oh no, my toon has counters"

Like han is a counter to other toons, some toons counter him (somewhat). Thats how games work and always will, and thank god for that.
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Honestly, no: because making the opponent team going first while you should have the speed advantage is ****.

but....han shot first right? So that means the opponent team did not go first....
  • Tifer
    130 posts Member
    Options
    I think I remember now why I told myself not to give my opinion over the forums.

As you might be reaallllllyyyyy smart, I can explain why he is not OP: against CLS or Rex lead, Han will just feed TM, and the opponent only need to be smart enough to adjust the speed of their cleanser to go before any of the stunned toon while considering the TM gain.

With this respect Leia is much better, but I am just saying.

OP has a point. I too would like to see Han have 0 weaknesses. Get on it, devs...

While you're at it, can I request the same for a few more of my others?
  • Skuddy
    137 posts Member
    Options

As much as I love Zeta Han, his Zeta makes him a liability in arena on the first move, because it feeds TM to the most popular leaders (CLS, Rex and Thrawn). We just need a little bit more to make him really dangerous: No TM gain on first move of Han.

LOL he's not a liability. He's broken. He has basically infinite double taps and can practically do 50k every time I attack
  • Options
    Surround him with a fast r2, thrawn, cls and GK for taunt. No problems here
  • Options
    Who did you use before the Han zeta?

Go back to that.
  • Options
    Skuddy wrote: »

LOL he's not a liability. He's broken. He has basically infinite double taps and can practically do 50k every time I attack

Best way to mod him:/?
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Options
    I noticed there are certain times when my Han zeta does have a disadvantage as well. One thing I do for the opening shot is check out the speed of the opposing team. Sometimes, I will choose to stun a cleanser instead of an attacker and can do a 180, going from a horrible loss to a lopsided win.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    if the point is that raid han works better if you're battling a faster opponent than if you're battling a slower opponent that benefits TM wise from han's first shot(s), than i completely agree.
    This isn't the same as raid han being a liability though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Options
    kylorexx42 wrote: »
    Skuddy wrote: »

Best way to mod him:/?

I experimented with several different options. In the end, I sacrificed speed for crit damage and offense. I have on a full CD set and one CC set. I put CD on the triangle and offense on the cross. End result is 216% crit damage and 95% crit chance (after zeta bonuses from Han and R2).
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Or....don't Zeta. No Zeta, no double tap. Solved. Although, then there would be a post saying he's too weak... ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Or....don't Zeta. No Zeta, no double tap. Solved. Although, then there would be a post saying he's too weak... ;)

True that. Even with a rare liability, an opening stun, crit damage up, ability to manipulate turn meter, and honestly the ability to take out most turns with the triple shot (special followed by zeta basic) more than makes up for perceived weaknesses.
  • Options
    They make a balanced toon and people come to the forums and ask him to be op smh. The problems listed are nowhere related to his zeta. Its related to his skillset. The only lead that could counter specifically his zeta is rex, but its hard to find a rex without gk in it.
    -Rex lead could be true if no gk, since 2 crits means double tm given. Otherwise its nonsense, it changes nothing.
    -Thrawn lead gets tm when debuffs applies or are resisted. Only his first shot gives tm cause it stuns. The second is just another tap. Even still, it gives tm to the debuffed, not to the team.
    -CLS lead. ****. Really. Did you even read his lead? Lmao
  • Options

The bigger deal is gk gaining taunt
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    NPMelo wrote: »
    They make a balanced toon and people come to the forums and ask him to be op smh. The problems listed are nowhere related to his zeta. Its related to his skillset. The only lead that could counter specifically his zeta is rex, but its hard to find a rex without gk in it.
    -Rex lead could be true if no gk, since 2 crits means double tm given. Otherwise its nonsense, it changes nothing.
    -Thrawn lead gets tm when debuffs applies or are resisted. Only his first shot gives tm cause it stuns. The second is just another tap. Even still, it gives tm to the debuffed, not to the team.
    -CLS lead. ****. Really. Did you even read his lead? Lmao

I should have precised CLS unique.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »

The bigger deal is gk gaining taunt

I don't care about GK: my fastest toon is GK at 254 speed, so he will be the second to go and call everyone on assist and also remove the foresight from the opponent R2. If Luke has It binds all thing Zeta, it will also give everyone TM making virtually my team at 254 speed.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

First hit still crits, so Rex team gain TM, and CLS unique gain TM.

My point is because of the TM gain, if you synchronize your cleanser, then the stun is useless. CLS unique is also a problem as he will give 10% TM to all Rebels, speeding up the cleansers.
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Options

My point is because of the TM gain, if you synchronize your cleanser, then the stun is useless. CLS unique is also a problem as he will give 10% TM to all Rebels, speeding up the cleansers.

Neo, with Rex leads I often have to use my opening stun on Rex. It took a while to figure out what was going on when I would stun Thrawn, the double tap would apply, and then all of the sudden Thrawn would un-stun and fracture.
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Moving to Feedback: Characters
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

1. I thought only CLS gains TM on his unique when you attack a Rebel besides him? Is there another ability that causes him to give all Rebels TM? He gives TM when opponents resist, but that has nothing to do with getting attacked.

2. As has been mentioned, if you face Rex lead... stun Rex first. Then proceed as planned.

3. Han can do 30k on a basic... 30!!!! With a counter chance at 85% under CLS lead. Can't be evaded. And he can do 20k on his special, stun, and get full TM with good mods. Then instantly go again for 30k more. He's an insanely good attacker now. There should be counters to everything.

4. If everyone in your arena uses the best counter to a certain team or toon... use something different. I built what I think was the best counter to the triple cleanse when that was everywhere, and loved every moment. Either use who you need to win, or use who makes you happy, and live with wherever that puts you in arena. Don't expect the game to be changed to suit your individual arena.

Han is fantastic exactly as he is now. And the ONLY leader that causes a minor problem for him (which can be worked around) is dropping drastically in the meta report every day. Be patient.