[VID] The End of Luke's Meta in Arena

Prev1
The short lived rebellion is over, enjoy :/

https://youtu.be/qbjkwmP2Oac

Replies

• Plenty of teams can beat CLS.. I'd rather see people hitting your team with a CLS squad. 90 second battles for them, vs 180 second battles for you.
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Plenty of teams can beat CLS.. I'd rather see people hitting your team with a CLS squad. 90 second battles for them, vs 180 second battles for you.

Try me :D works even better on defense
  • This is a great counter to CLS - but I think we're still going to see the CLS leads go up and up. This counter build isn't very good on D vs teams people can put together. I just can't see people moving to sit on this squad as it's inferior to the most recent Rex teams. We have a heavy CLS board and a guy running zBarriss / GK / DN / R2 still gets moved to 20 +. I see it more as a counter squad, not a meta team. Similar to how DN-led Sith prior to R2 was a great counter to Classic Cleanse, but it wasn't the best D slot you could run and could get moved readily.

Great video though and thanks for sharing. Good to see Ezra in there.
  • WildGrunt wrote: »
    Plenty of teams can beat CLS.. I'd rather see people hitting your team with a CLS squad. 90 second battles for them, vs 180 second battles for you.

Try me :D

I don't run the meta. I have a Resistance team, so it wouldn't be much of a fight to be fair :p
  • This is a great counter to CLS - but I think we're still going to see the CLS leads go up and up. This counter build isn't very good on D vs teams people can put together. I just can't see people moving to sit on this squad as it's inferior to the most recent Rex teams. We have a heavy CLS board and a guy running zBarriss / GK / DN / R2 still gets moved to 20 +. I see it more as a counter squad, not a meta team. Similar to how DN-led Sith prior to R2 was a great counter to Classic Cleanse, but it wasn't the best D slot you could run and could get moved readily.

Thanks man, the reason that made me make this team to begin with was that I was running CLS lead and came against a very similar team and there was just no way no matter what mods I have on. He had Rex lead though.
  • GK/Zarriss has always been anti rebel

It is a crit based team, same when Wedge lead with r2 came back
  • Berimbolo wrote: »
    GK/Zarriss has always been anti rebel

It is a crit based team, same when Wedge lead with r2 came back

Tried them before without R2 and didn't work as well
  • this video and character strategy was very fun to watch in a boring defensive sort of way. that double team attack from gk and zariss is great. plus w gk lead increasing the health pool, zariss gets better. they almost need nihilus to take out your zariss. its especially annoying because r2 increases the health pool EVEN MORE and twice for gk and stealth of course. not sure of ezras role aside from the double hp bump from r2 and decent damage/assists.

overall fun squad to watch. i can only assume zariss is about to become alot scarier with g12 coming, which would mean that nihilis is going nowhere too
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    WildGrunt wrote: »

I don't run the meta. I have a Resistance team, so it wouldn't be much of a fight to be fair :p

I think my biggest mistake since i started playing was to neglect resistance. From a strategic standpoint, it s a huge mistake. I do enjoy playing Empire tho, and battling rebels in arena. I win maybe 3/4 of the time, but i have fun. Resistance is a formidable squad, useful in almost every part of the game, but from what ive seen they make GW a breeze lol

I think my biggest mistake since i started playing was to neglect resistance. From a strategic standpoint, it s a huge mistake. I do enjoy playing Empire tho, and battling rebels in arena. I win maybe 3/4 of the time, but i have fun. Resistance is a formidable squad, useful in almost every part of the game, but from what ive seen they make GW a breeze lol

GW indeed.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127467/resistance-vid-f2p-ownz#latest
  • this video and character strategy was very fun to watch in a boring defensive sort of way. that double team attack from gk and zariss is great. plus w gk lead increasing the health pool, zariss gets better. they almost need nihilus to take out your zariss. its especially annoying because r2 increases the health pool EVEN MORE and twice for gk and stealth of course. not sure of ezras role aside from the double hp bump from r2 and decent damage/assists.

overall fun squad to watch. i can only assume zariss is about to become alot scarier with g12 coming, which would mean that nihilis is going nowhere too

That's a very interesting point actually, I am glad that Zarriss has been my first zeta, no regrets!

GW indeed.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127467/resistance-vid-f2p-ownz#latest

Exactly, I made an entire series about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EAKOWPIlx4

There's no R2 bonus for Jedi, only for Galactic Republic. Ezra only gives a bonus because he's a Rebel, right? I'd add—Ezra can be used if you have a slow to DN because DN will get 40% TM when chosen for assist, on top of being able to Drain Force immediately afterwards if the assist caused a dispel.
  • Someone else made a video using Thrawn instead of Ezra. That seemed to work even better for more protection regain and giving Nihilus extra turns.
  • Interesting video, but those aren't the main CLS teams I see on my shard. At least no where in the top 20. You basically just have Threxus teams with CLS in place of Rex. Some people have Chaze in there, like the second team you fought.

But either way, I think saying CLS meta is dead is way too premature. I mean I've fought teams very similar to yours and they're pretty easy to beat. The only difference was Thrawn instead of Ezra. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that your team is more of a target. Against a CLS team, there's always the chance RNG goes against me and I could be in trouble. I'd beat your team every time without any risk. It might take a little longer, but it's a guaranteed win.
  • WildGrunt wrote: »
    This is a great counter to CLS - but I think we're still going to see the CLS leads go up and up. This counter build isn't very good on D vs teams people can put together. I just can't see people moving to sit on this squad as it's inferior to the most recent Rex teams. We have a heavy CLS board and a guy running zBarriss / GK / DN / R2 still gets moved to 20 +. I see it more as a counter squad, not a meta team. Similar to how DN-led Sith prior to R2 was a great counter to Classic Cleanse, but it wasn't the best D slot you could run and could get moved readily.

Thanks man, the reason that made me make this team to begin with was that I was running CLS lead and came against a very similar team and there was just no way no matter what mods I have on. He had Rex lead though.

yeah on attacking, some of the guys running CLS are just bringing in their own DN against this team now. zBarriss with GK is a very strong tanking combo against crits.
  • Teams like this is why we shouldn't stray to far from nihilus.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • It's too bad AI doesn't prioritize barris heal assist thing unless someone actually needs healing...
  • Interesting video, but those aren't the main CLS teams I see on my shard. At least no where in the top 20. You basically just have Threxus teams with CLS in place of Rex. Some people have Chaze in there, like the second team you fought.

But either way, I think saying CLS meta is dead is way too premature. I mean I've fought teams very similar to yours and they're pretty easy to beat. The only difference was Thrawn instead of Ezra. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that your team is more of a target. Against a CLS team, there's always the chance RNG goes against me and I could be in trouble. I'd beat your team every time without any risk. It might take a little longer, but it's a guaranteed win.

At least winning consistently on offense is guaranteed right now
  • This is one variation of Meta, i've seen this a lot in top of my Shard but thats mostly because almost all of them had the toons to create this team in the first place.
    The CLS meta team requires 6 Zetas to be at its best, and CLS has yet to be seen at his full potential with the Arena in terms of who he's put with.
    Way too early to tell whats going to happen.
  • @WildGrunt do you find Ezra better than thrawn in this squad?
  • CLS, Solo, GK, R2 and Thrawn much better than squads you are tested in video. You just need to fracture GK and focus Barris.
  • cyxapuk wrote: »
    CLS, Solo, GK, R2 and Thrawn much better than squads you are tested in video. You just need to fracture GK and focus Barris.

Only 1 person on my top 20 run Han, and he's in 18th and hasn't proven himself. Everyone else using CL lead uses PL. That says something right there.
  • cyxapuk
    69 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    cyxapuk wrote: »
    CLS, Solo, GK, R2 and Thrawn much better than squads you are tested in video. You just need to fracture GK and focus Barris.

Only 1 person on my top 20 run Han, and he's in 18th and hasn't proven himself. Everyone else using CL lead uses PL. That says something right there.

I'm in December 15 shard, and it's opposite. We have quite big rotation in top 10 because of different time zones. Zero team with Leia taking top 3. 2 teams with Solo and Thrawn and one with Solo and old Ben. Previous meta squads are really have problems beating such teams.
    All GK with Barris teams have to climb from middle 20 and not always reach top 5.
  • cyxapuk wrote: »
    cyxapuk wrote: »

I'm in December 15 shard, and it's opposite. We have quite big rotation in top 10 because of different time zones. Zero team with Leia taking top 3. 2 teams with Solo and Thrawn and one with Solo and old Ben. Previous meta squads are really have problems beating such teams.
    All GK with Barris teams have to climb from middle 20 and not always reach top 5.

December 2015 as well and this team doesn't fall past 10
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I don't see anybody in the top twenty using CLS with Ezra or Ahsoka. Those are odd teams that I would never have a chance to fight, because nobody is running them.

This is a weird video that claims to end CLS without actually going up against the more powerful and successful configurations. Where's Thrawn? Of course a team that's not fractured performs well.
  • The OP just wants some attention.

this guy just wants attention :D:D;):*B):p
  • Good to see non CLS teams also work. Offence always has the upper hand tho.