Territory Battle Overview [MEGA]

Replies

• Davius
    432 posts Member
    RWTD_Burn wrote: »
    It's August. If they said Territory Wars will be released this month, would we believe it anyway?

I certainly would... deadlines are a big deal. just look at all the new staff they've added
  • AC_
    82 posts Member
    it appears August is all about Luke, at this point I don't anticipate territory battles to drop until September or October, especially with the lack of detail on it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I have learned to expect nothing...then when something actually does get released, I am pleasantly surprised. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Slyfox
    34 posts Member
    AC_ wrote: »
    it appears August is all about Luke, at this point I don't anticipate territory battles to drop until September or October, especially with the lack of detail on it.

I made a previous prediction in a different post but i think its probably November optimisticly october. By the way of previous pod casts mentioning things that are coming up before territories. I suspect something like...

August: Comander Luke, new X-wing, flash events

September: Ship content update,
    - New energy type for a new pve cantina type table
    - Farmable kylo, reaper, falcon,cassian.
    - Several new ships about 3 i think, yoda, jka, cad bane.
    - One new fleet commander nute.
    - Ship hardware
    - Ship omegas

October: Either Territories or Nightsister faction pass with srveral nightsisters

November: Territories or faction pass perhaps inferno squadron introduced

December: Episode 8 stuff, discounts, free gifts
  • Mob enforcer!
  • Just so you all know, Daka and Ventress are awesome.
    The rest of the Nightsisters are trash. DO NOT FARM!
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    andyistic wrote: »
    Just so you all know, Daka and Ventress are awesome.
    The rest of the Nightsisters are trash. DO NOT FARM!

I remember a dev hinting at a nightsister rework after the ewoks got theirs
  • Now that's an update. It'll take some planning to tame this beast. Bring it on.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Awesome ^_^
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Holy moly guacamole. Its going to take a long time for me to fully understand this :D
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Holy moly guacamole. Its going to take a long time for me to fully understand this :D

It will be easier when they appear in the game
  • Any specific dates on when these epic new features will be added to the game?
  • Holy info dump batman
  • So confusing haha I'll just wait till its in game and listen to my guild officers
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Well, whales will have a good time with those exclusive toons and will keep the upper hand in Arena with G12.

This will only fracture the playerbase even more, and will destroy guilds internally.

It's clear the game is steering away from the "casual" approach it initially had.
    Now, more structured and organized guilds will stay ahead while people who can't dedicate 3 hours a day to a mobile game will lag behind, unable to catch up.

I'm glad we got content, but I would have preferred a new Raid, or something different from these Territory Battles.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Well for all of us anxiously wanting info.... looks like we just got a 4 course meal :D

yll7b8ft7ktk.gif
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    It is a great deal to take in, but you have time to digest it all! Additionally, in the coming days and weeks, further breakdowns and elucidation will be featured soon. We want to make sure the Playerbase knows as much as they can before this exciting new mode launches!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • CLS event communication wos poor, 3/10. This is 9/10. THANKS! We need only one date ;)
  • Seems like
    a gamegasm for those who love the lightside/rebel aspects (why not rename the game 'star wars rebels?); i can only hope they do a version for the darkside/sith/first order
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    It is a great deal to take in, but you have time to digest it all! Additionally, in the coming days and weeks, further breakdowns and elucidation will be featured soon. We want to make sure the Playerbase knows as much as they can before this exciting new mode launches!

I hope we can see Hermit Yoda's kit soon ^_^
  • It is a great deal to take in, but you have time to digest it all! Additionally, in the coming days and weeks, further breakdowns and elucidation will be featured soon. We want to make sure the Playerbase knows as much as they can before this exciting new mode launches!

Elucidation huh. Nice. Thanks for the info.
  • Waez wrote: »
    Well, whales will have a good time with those exclusive toons and will keep the upper hand in Arena with G12.

This will only fracture the playerbase even more, and will destroy guilds internally.

It's clear the game is steering away from the "casual" approach it initially had.
    Now, more structured and organized guilds will stay ahead while people who can't dedicate 3 hours a day to a mobile game will lag behind, unable to catch up.

I'm glad we got content, but I would have preferred a new Raid, or something different from these Territory Battles.

Get out what you put in. Simple as that. Why should someone who plays more be penalized for people that don't?
  • Any chance we can get how to launch the event? If its tokens how much? Or if its not how often you can launch it?
  • NoahScape
    126 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks CG For making Sith useless in TB. It would have been nice to know it was never going to be an even playing field from the get go.

Zero point in continuing to do anything with the dark side.
    Post edited by NoahScape on
  • Aeriston wrote: »
    Any chance we can get how to launch the event? If its tokens how much? Or if its not how often you can launch it?

They said it's a 3 day event, so presumably it'll launch at set times like other events. Since they're resetting the leaderboard monthly I'm guessing it'll run at least once a month, possibly twice.
  • Uh oh! International guilds might have a tough time. Also, I suppose a neat communication tool will be integrated to help co-ordinate 50 guys finish this.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Any chance that youtubers will be able to post videos using dev accounts? I think seeing TB in action before its release will help a lot in learning how everything works.
  • So much read, please give us a demo reel! Much. Complicate.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Any chance that youtubers will be able to post videos using dev accounts? I think seeing TB in action before its release will help a lot in learning how everything works.

There's actually a video up regarding this announcement in the Media Archives right <<HERE>>
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Bossak
    119 posts Member
    So the very first bullet says, " with unique bonuses for rebel and light side forces". Why so one sided? I love the concept but what if you don't want to fight the empire and would rather fight the rebels? I would love to see an option to switch the battlefield and have the empire and dark side gain bonuses- like gain control of a star destroyer instead of an ion cannon. Just a thought but one that gives players more control and fun!