Territory Battle Overview [MEGA]

Replies

• Aeriston wrote: »
    Any chance we can get how to launch the event? If its tokens how much? Or if its not how often you can launch it?

They said it's a 3 day event, so presumably it'll launch at set times like other events. Since they're resetting the leaderboard monthly I'm guessing it'll run at least once a month, possibly twice.

It's how you get gear 12 and character shards. You really think its once a month? Or twice? How would you like to only Run ATT raid twice a month? Good luck getting Kenobi.
  • I lean more towards light side / rebel toons but I was disappointed to see that the advantages actually leans that way. It puts people who focused more on dark side at a disadvantage.
  • Iyaoyas wrote: »
    Waez wrote: »
    Well, whales will have a good time with those exclusive toons and will keep the upper hand in Arena with G12.

This will only fracture the playerbase even more, and will destroy guilds internally.

It's clear the game is steering away from the "casual" approach it initially had.
    Now, more structured and organized guilds will stay ahead while people who can't dedicate 3 hours a day to a mobile game will lag behind, unable to catch up.

I'm glad we got content, but I would have preferred a new Raid, or something different from these Territory Battles.

Get out what you put in. Simple as that. Why should someone who plays more be penalized for people that don't?

Actually, the base rewards are flat, it says so in the rewards section. There are special rewards for people who have CLS and work towards the other toons.
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    Now if only they would give us a way to utilize the thousands of pieces of useless gear we have to help further our guilds development in the new endevour.... I see this as exciting, but I do agree this is going to drive the casual player away from the game completely. People that can't dedicate hours upon hours to this game a day will be shut out and most likely turned off.
    Any chance we can get how to launch the event? If its tokens how much? Or if its not how often you can launch it?

They said it's a 3 day event, so presumably it'll launch at set times like other events. Since they're resetting the leaderboard monthly I'm guessing it'll run at least once a month, possibly twice.
    You may be reading too much into the word event. It may take currency just like the Raids.
  • was this removed from shipments? i only see the full piece for 2,250, not just the salvage. that and the mk8 biotech implant (which i only see in 25 pieces anymore not 50). i've looked for 3 weeks for the one piece and nada.
    Aeriston wrote: »

It's how you get gear 12 and character shards. You really think its once a month? Or twice? How would you like to only Run ATT raid twice a month? Good luck getting Kenobi.

Seeing as you've no idea what quantity of rewards we'll get from a 3 day event, it's possible you're jumping the gun there. I'm in an all heroic guild in the top 100 that does 5 or 6 raids a week, I also have children and a job, I don't want to be doing a 3 day, 12 hour a day event any more than twice a month and early feedback from guildmembers is the same.
  • ptr
    173 posts Member
    I am happy that we will have new thing to do in game and really looking forward for TB.

BUT once again Rebel characters are preferred over dark side. Why? It should be equal.
    This puts people who prefer playing for dark side in disadvantage
    #darksidematter

You may be reading too much into the word event. It may take currency just like the Raids.

I could see it taking 120k raid tickets, making it something you can launch once a week for the most part. So most weeks, you do 3 Rancor, 2 tank, 1 TB a week.
  • Bossak wrote: »
    So the very first bullet says, " with unique bonuses for rebel and light side forces". Why so one sided? I love the concept but what if you don't want to fight the empire and would rather fight the rebels? I would love to see an option to switch the battlefield and have the empire and dark side gain bonuses- like gain control of a star destroyer instead of an ion cannon. Just a thought but one that gives players more control and fun!

There will be other maps, Sith and other factions will have their day.
  • I think my kid was playing a Roblox game recently with the same concept and similar implementation. My expectations for innovative and engaging content from a AAA development team on a mobile platform may be a bit too high.
  • I'm excited for the new content, sounds like fun but I have one major concern: the times. We are a guild that has always prided itself on having members from all over the world, but we are mostly a happy mix of US and UK players. I'm worried about the start times and the time limit being only 12 hours. Could you please consider expanding the time limit to 18, 20 or even 24 hours? That would go a long ways in alleviating these fears and making the event a bit more "reasonable". For example, as it is explained right now, for me, the event would run from 10pm until 10am. FAR from ideal. Can you PLEASE consider doing something about this? Please, please, please...
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP @CG_TopHat
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Looks interesting, and I think it will become a lot clearer to me once we start running it as it looks pretty complicated reading about it.

What greatly concerns me is the push against dark side users right now. They already took a large blow with Commander Luke when they were already well behind light-side in arena. The impression I got is that only light-side characters can participate in this territory battle, but perhaps I am wrong. The dark side users in my guild are understandably not happy about this. I also hope zetas will become more available so we can farm them faster as right now, it is too slow in my opinion.
  • Mzee wrote: »
    Looks interesting, and I think it will become a lot clearer to me once we start running it as it looks pretty complicated reading about it.

What greatly concerns me is the push against dark side users right now. They already took a large blow with Commander Luke when they were already well behind light-side in arena. The impression I got is that only light-side characters can participate in this territory battle, but perhaps I am wrong. The dark side users in my guild are understandably not happy about this.

Hoth is just the first territory battle. The next one will be Darkside for sure.
  • JPBrunel wrote: »
    I'm excited for the new content, sounds like fun but I have one major concern: the times. We are a guild that has always prided itself on having members from all over the world, but we are mostly a happy mix of US and UK players. I'm worried about the start times and the time limit being only 12 hours. Could you please consider expanding the time limit to 18, 20 or even 24 hours? That would go a long ways in alleviating these fears and making the event a bit more "reasonable". For example, as it is explained right now, for me, the event would run from 10pm until 10am. FAR from ideal. Can you PLEASE consider doing something about this? Please, please, please...
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP @CG_TopHat
    The whole event is 3 days, but I agree with what you're saying, you may not be able to participate in some parts of the event because of the difference.

• All i read was blah blah blah a mission for whale guilds and another cripple for those of us trying to build our own guild from the ground up w 90% f2p
  • Mzee wrote: »

What greatly concerns me is the push against dark side users right now. They already took a large blow with Commander Luke when they were already well behind light-side in arena. The impression I got is that only light-side characters can participate in this territory battle, but perhaps I am wrong. The dark side users in my guild are understandably not happy about this. I also hope zetas will become more available so we can farm them faster as right now, it is too slow in my opinion.

Quite funnily Siths ruled arena for months and Nihilus/Thrawn still are mandatory in many high end team and could easily be considered as the most broken toons around.

Hopefully you didn't play Ewoks !
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Mzee wrote: »

What greatly concerns me is the push against dark side users right now. They already took a large blow with Commander Luke when they were already well behind light-side in arena. The impression I got is that only light-side characters can participate in this territory battle, but perhaps I am wrong. The dark side users in my guild are understandably not happy about this.

Hoth is just the first territory battle. The next one will be Darkside for sure.

I get that, but there is no indication of when it will be released, and how they will alternate between the two. It's poor timing in my opinion when dark side users are already feeling very left out, and coerced to switch to lightside to feel really competitive. I was the only dark side user left in my top 20 along with one otherfirst order user finding it harder and harder to compete, and I just switched to rebels, and my team of no zetas is doing better than my Nihilis lead team with numerous zetas. The First Order guy finally switched to rebels as well, so now my shard is only lightside with Thrawn and Nihilis mixed in. It's disappointing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    All i read was blah blah blah a mission for whale guilds and another cripple for those of us trying to build our own guild from the ground up w 90% f2p

Keep an open mind, restrictions don't mean you will need 7* g11. They could be as light as 3*.

Give it a chance, as more info comes out, we will know more, then you can complain :wink:
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Mzee wrote: »

Maybe, but all the events that had faction bonuses were made for light side (And the AAT)
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • So Hoth will be Light Side only (+ Rebels prefered)...the way i see it is that the next one then will most likely be Dark Side only (+ dark side faction prefered)...and what could be better than Geonosis with Separatits as prefered faction? They would finally get their rework and become a real faction with synergy!
  • All i read was blah blah blah a mission for whale guilds and another cripple for those of us trying to build our own guild from the ground up w 90% f2p

:lol:
  • fotrovina wrote: »
    So Hoth will be Light Side only (+ Rebels prefered)...the way i see it is that the next one then will most likely be Dark Side only (+ dark side faction prefered)...and what could be better than Geonosis with Separatits as prefered faction? They would finally get their rework and become a real faction with synergy!

Or Endor
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Dark side TB one day in the future, @CG_Kozispoon ?
    Ooba hutar.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    fotrovina wrote: »
    So Hoth will be Light Side only (+ Rebels prefered)...the way i see it is that the next one then will most likely be Dark Side only (+ dark side faction prefered)...and what could be better than Geonosis with Separatits as prefered faction? They would finally get their rework and become a real faction with synergy!

Or Endor

Or Scarif
  • Hskull55 wrote: »

Or Endor

Or Scarif

Special mission "Call Tarkin" instantly kills all troops in play(ally and enemy)
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."

Aeriston wrote: »

This involves people within a guild cooperating with each other so there should be no one complaining about things being uneven
  • Chewie_says_Aaarww
    753 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    I'm excited for the new content, sounds like fun but I have one major concern: the times. We are a guild that has always prided itself on having members from all over the world, but we are mostly a happy mix of US and UK players. I'm worried about the start times and the time limit being only 12 hours. Could you please consider expanding the time limit to 18, 20 or even 24 hours? That would go a long ways in alleviating these fears and making the event a bit more "reasonable". For example, as it is explained right now, for me, the event would run from 10pm until 10am. FAR from ideal. Can you PLEASE consider doing something about this? Please, please, please...
    t

The 12h time limit will be killing for international guilds (like ours). A 24h time limit will be so much easier to manage. Please consider this :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Can you just take all the empire and dark side toons out of the game??? I honestly feel it's worse to have them and have them not be useful or competitive.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Hskull55 wrote: »

Or Endor

Or Scarif

Special mission "Call Tarkin" instantly kills all troops in play(ally and enemy)

I would like to see a mission called "Kill Chaze"
    Phase 1: You use a team of DT to kill Chirrut
    Phase 2: You use more DT to kill Baze
    Rewards: DT gains a new unique: (At the start of each battle, DT throws a grenade that chills Baze and Chirrut)