Territory Battle Overview [MEGA]

Replies

• SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    6am to 6pm is the absolute worst time spread I've ever seen. This should be determined by the guild leader, not his timezone. And if it requires creating a guild on an alt account on a diff timezone and moving everyone to it, so be it, but requiring a set timeframe is the worst thing I can imagine CG had ever done to this game.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • JPBrunel wrote: »
    I'm excited for the new content, sounds like fun but I have one major concern: the times. We are a guild that has always prided itself on having members from all over the world, but we are mostly a happy mix of US and UK players. I'm worried about the start times and the time limit being only 12 hours. Could you please consider expanding the time limit to 18, 20 or even 24 hours? That would go a long ways in alleviating these fears and making the event a bit more "reasonable". For example, as it is explained right now, for me, the event would run from 10pm until 10am. FAR from ideal. Can you PLEASE consider doing something about this? Please, please, please...
    t

The 12h time limit will be killing for international guilds (like ours). A 24h time limit will be so much easier to manage. Please consider this :)

Create new guild
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    John13 wrote: »
    Can you just take all the empire and dark side toons out of the game??? I honestly feel it's worse to have them and have them not be useful or competitive.

Dont mind maul, savage, thrawn, shoretrooper, krennic, palpatine, dooku, nihilus, sith assassin, sith trooper, vader, deathtrooper, kylo (and the rest of first order), or tarkin. They're all totally useless for all players in all aspects of the game.
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Can you just take all the empire and dark side toons out of the game??? I honestly feel it's worse to have them and have them not be useful or competitive.

Dont mind maul, savage, thrawn, shoretrooper, krennic, palpatine, dooku, nihilus, sith assassin, sith trooper, vader, deathtrooper, kylo (and the rest of first order), or tarkin. They're all totally useless for all players in all aspects of the game.

TFP isn't a bad toon either, not to mention DS have most of the best ships.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Aeriston wrote: »
    Aeriston wrote: »
    Any chance we can get how to launch the event? If its tokens how much? Or if its not how often you can launch it?

They said it's a 3 day event, so presumably it'll launch at set times like other events. Since they're resetting the leaderboard monthly I'm guessing it'll run at least once a month, possibly twice.

It's how you get gear 12 and character shards. You really think its once a month? Or twice? How would you like to only Run ATT raid twice a month? Good luck getting Kenobi.

Seeing as you've no idea what quantity of rewards we'll get from a 3 day event, it's possible you're jumping the gun there. I'm in an all heroic guild in the top 100 that does 5 or 6 raids a week, I also have children and a job, I don't want to be doing a 3 day, 12 hour a day event any more than twice a month and early feedback from guildmembers is the same.

Agreed. To quote myself in my chats, rancor, HAAT, arena, fleet arena, GW and now this? An event every 12 hours that will require most of my roster? Lol! What happens to guilds that don't have all 50 members on the same time zone as the guild leader, even if all 50 members don't have a life and don't need to sleep, eat and ... lol. Btw, my guild just finished a rancor, HAAT and just started another rancor in the past 2 hours.

I'm not very optimistic but I'm still hanging in there. Hope all the attacks won't require mod swapping/ RNG and multiple retreats like HAAT and rancor did when they started.
  • It is a great deal to take in, but you have time to digest it all! Additionally, in the coming days and weeks, further breakdowns and elucidation will be featured soon. We want to make sure the Playerbase knows as much as they can before this exciting new mode launches!

I think we have the best time-estimate on release yet: after at least "the coming weeks" ;)

The tag-line is obvious: September is the new August :*
  • Mihai29 wrote: »
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    I'm excited for the new content, sounds like fun but I have one major concern: the times. We are a guild that has always prided itself on having members from all over the world, but we are mostly a happy mix of US and UK players. I'm worried about the start times and the time limit being only 12 hours. Could you please consider expanding the time limit to 18, 20 or even 24 hours? That would go a long ways in alleviating these fears and making the event a bit more "reasonable". For example, as it is explained right now, for me, the event would run from 10pm until 10am. FAR from ideal. Can you PLEASE consider doing something about this? Please, please, please...
    t

The 12h time limit will be killing for international guilds (like ours). A 24h time limit will be so much easier to manage. Please consider this :)

Create new guild

Please... Do you even understand whats the issue here? The world runs on a 24 hour clock, not 12 hours. There's no way an international guild can ever hope to make a certain 12 hour period acceptable to all the time zones in the world.
    Frankly, I don't know why I'm even responding to you. You're probably thinking, join a guild with all players in your time zone.....duh!
  • 6am to 6pm... great, so those of us that work, how are we going to be able to do this?
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    6am to 6pm is the absolute worst time spread I've ever seen. This should be determined by the guild leader, not his timezone. And if it requires creating a guild on an alt account on a diff timezone and moving everyone to it, so be it, but requiring a set timeframe is the worst thing I can imagine CG had ever done to this game.

Completely agree.

We are mainly a UK based guild, but have a lot of US people (all of whom we love dearly) and it's just going to be tough.

6am-6pm most people are at work during this time. I'm not going to play a game at work - because a) I'm too busy b) I'm not paid to play games c) I'm a business leader, and it's not exactly good leadership playing on an ipad all day!

Sure I could take a long kitten, but frankly that will get suspicious every day ;)

I'm quite happy (and want to be) the guild leader - but this is bonkers. At least make it 24hr!
  • Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    6am to 6pm... great, so those of us that work, how are we going to be able to do this?

I was in one guild that was nothing but people from my workplace. 12h would be a disaster for that guild. Not everyone wants to/can grind over lunch. It will be worse for the hard core guilds, you're going to see burn-out quickly when they have minimum territory battle points.
  • It is a great deal to take in, but you have time to digest it all! Additionally, in the coming days and weeks, further breakdowns and elucidation will be featured soon. We want to make sure the Playerbase knows as much as they can before this exciting new mode launches!

So, not going to drop for a couple of months then.
  • 6am to 6pm is the absolute worst time spread I've ever seen. This should be determined by the guild leader, not his timezone. And if it requires creating a guild on an alt account on a diff timezone and moving everyone to it, so be it, but requiring a set timeframe is the worst thing I can imagine CG had ever done to this game.

Couldn't agree more +1
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    I totally agree on the 12h phases. It will kill all international guild and the worst is that it would just be impossible for players with a real job to be able to play. Timeframe is horrible.

A good solution would be to allow officers to end and start a phase whenever it is the most convenient for the guild, especially if the phase is successful.
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    For those who are concerned about players from different timezones playing together - this is why we made the windows so long for each phase (12 hours) - so that if your guild leader is in another time zone, and it would cause the event for you to happen almost entirely over your evening - that there should be time on either side (either evening or morning) for you to be able to do the event.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    For those who are concerned about players from different timezones playing together - this is why we made the windows so long for each phase (12 hours) - so that if your guild leader is in another time zone, and it would cause the event for you to happen almost entirely over your evening - that there should be time on either side (either evening or morning) for you to be able to do the event.

What's wrong with 24 hours in that scenario? I'm in work at 6.30 and have to pick my kids up from school and get them sorted after, even arena hour being from 5-6pm can be a pain. A 24 hour period to participate (like everything else in the game) would solve the problem for international guilds and for working people with families.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

TFP isn't a bad toon either, not to mention DS have most of the best ships.

Exactly, there are so many great ds toons i cant even remember them all

12 hours is really not long enough. For me that means the battle starts in the middle of the night and ends in the middle of the work day. I can't bail on work to play a game, nor can I stay up all night to play. There needs to be a longer time frame. Also, how about some dark side toons getting some love.

In the coming... weeks?!!! OK lol! :|
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    CG_Carrie wrote: »

I'm sorry @CG_Carrie , but during working hours?! People are getting ready, traveling, working, traveling again, during those times, and then trying to wind down after getting home. Or do you think we should be playing when we wake up before we start to get ready, while we drive, and during fake bathroom breaks at work? Sorry, not sorry, but these time requirements are ridiculous and delusional at best. Do you really want us to have to create new guilds under alt accounts in different timzones to try and make it where we can play when we are NOT at work, or NOT during the weekends when we have to commit to our family and friends? Or ask that we only find players in our timezone? The US has one of the biggest timezone spreads, at that. Playing when you want us to, and not giving us more choice to control such for our teammates, is totally unacceptable.

IMG_8483.png
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • cheetah2114
    84 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    CG_Carrie wrote: »

I think this is a mistake. 6pm-6am isnt bad but others in a guild would be stuck with 11pm-11am or worse. Not sure how its expected for internaational guilds to stay together as people will just find a guild that fits their schedule rather tban building a quality guild.
  • Waw TB will be wonderful.. i've see very positive feedback. :flushed:

Sooo. For example, i'm in Europe and play in a pst timezone guild. If phase 2 starts at 6pm pst and goes to 6am. This means its from 3am to 3pm local time. Do you know what usual worktimes for normal people are (6-8 am to 4-6 pm) and that people dont got normally 2 hours break at work to eat and play or coordinate for a mobile game? I dont try to be offense. But with all due respect.... Do you want us to play after waking up, at breakfast, while showering or use our small breaks at work, just to be able to play this mode? I think you didnt really thought this through.. @CG_Carrie
  • Please make each phase 24 hours long. And make guild leader and officers able to choose the time to launch TB like raids! Many guilds might broke because of 12 hours limit. And many players may leave the game because of this. Please make 24 hours limit and players will rejoice!
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie thanks a lot for your message!
    Can you maybe explain, how a guild could fail or be delayed in progression in TB? Is it something happening constantly, irrelevant of raid tickets?

Moreover I have strong suggestion on UI from the screen for deployment: allow us to use our predefined team for deployment if it really require strategy to select which toon has to be placed where. This feature is just wonderful and I really hope we can use it for TB as well! Thanks a lot for your message!
  • Anton23 wrote: »
    Please make each phase 24 hours long. And make guild leader and officers able to choose the time to launch TB like raids! Many guilds might broke because of 12 hours limit. And many players may leave the game because of this. Please make 24 hours limit and players will rejoice!

Well the 12 hour time limit is just going to annoy anyone with a job with the times they've selected, that's a really good way to alienate anyone who pays money into the game.

I appreciate the thought of 12 hours being long, but this is actually short. Some people dont have time to play for work, for some people depending on the timezone this will be mistly during sleep etc. 12 hours in an international world is not easy to manage.

It is already a paint to work on raid schedules right now and only works with pre 0 scoring, which is ok for raids as guild members can do their part for beating the right.

But my understanding here is that there is stuff every player of the guild has to do, and there a 12 hour limit is a serious issue for various people. Please rethink your choice.

I seriously don't know what to say except maybe, thank you for the response.
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    I join in with the general consensus. I am a German in a US leader guild. 12h is too short.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • Awesome. When?