Territory Battle Overview [MEGA]

Replies

• I think a better solution is for leaders in a guild to start each of the 6 phases of TB similarly to how they start a raid with maybe a 6 day cap on the whole battle. Then let each guild manage their schedules; a better option than CG dictating schedules from 6am to 6 pm, then 6pm to 6am and so on for 3 straight days.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • 7_GSTF
    203 posts Member
    12 hours is short... consider my scenario... I am in an EDT guild - 4 GMT and my time zone is IST +5 and 1/2 GMT ... difference of about 10 hours is no matter for the raids as the times cycle about
    But this is just ridiculous .... 12 hours would mean 5 am to 5 pm for me.... and 5 pm to 5 am... kind of makes it like i can only participate in 3 of 6 in a TB.... bad planning ... i would say....Also guild leaders need control over this component actively... not passively! CG had better correct this issue quick
    No problems with the requirements though.... an event of this magnitude needs to be difficult
  • CG please allow guild leaders to pick their own start time. 6am-6pm EST is rough for many with gainful employment, even worse for those with gainful employment on the west coast. We gotta make money to spend on SWGOH somehow...
  • Well this sucks. Pretty disappointed.
  • Agreed!

We need to create a new guild, move everybody to it just because of a best timezone? That's your solution?

Let guild leader set what time they want it to start. Plus 12hs is too short for "normal people" who have a normal life and doesn't play this game as part of their job!
  • 12 hours is brutal, and a terrible 12 hour stretch at that. Noon to midnight would be a much better 12 hour stretch.

Also, am I the only one who read these descriptions and felt like I was reading a foreign language. About all I took from this was I need to focus on improving overall galactic power and working on light side characters.
  • I'm a guild leader in a mostly Canadian eastern time zone guild and even we are going to have problems with this 12 hr rule. I'm the leader so tb will kick off at 6am for us and that's right when everyone is at work. How are we supposed to do this?? By the time everyone is off at 6pm it's done?? A 12hr window in middle of day...great...so basically 3/4 of my guild can't participate. Hope this changes
  • So the overall consensus is this is a HUGE swing and miss! U know we cant buy all those crystals if we get fired for playing during work hours. Ever think of that.....
  • Deanolavorto91
    245 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    For those who are concerned about players from different timezones playing together - this is why we made the windows so long for each phase (12 hours) - so that if your guild leader is in another time zone, and it would cause the event for you to happen almost entirely over your evening - that there should be time on either side (either evening or morning) for you to be able to do the event.

6am-6pm is going to be brutal. Ya know having a job and family and all.
  • Why we can't launch as a guild when we want is beyond me...why force us to play during hours when no can play?? Makes 0 sense.
  • I absolutely agree with snakes. 6 am to 6 pm is simply not an option for many people who work busy jobs. The only thing worse would be 3 am to 3pm for PST people in a US guild. I can't even imagine what the international guilds will do. Please consider changing it to a 24 hour period.
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    Too many respondents to reply to just one. Consider the points on the 12 hour window well made and heard. Will investigate with the team.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Too many respondents to reply to just one. Consider the points on the 12 hour window well made and heard. Will investigate with the team.

Thank you

Thank you! @CG_Carrie
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
    For those who are concerned about players from different timezones playing together - this is why we made the windows so long for each phase (12 hours) - so that if your guild leader is in another time zone, and it would cause the event for you to happen almost entirely over your evening - that there should be time on either side (either evening or morning) for you to be able to do the event.

Not really happy about this. This would be disaster for the guilds with many timezone players. It needs to be changed. For you sake and this game please don't fix the time like this.
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    If we're forced to play during working hours or when we should be sleeping so we're not zombies the rest of the day, can we at least be provided with official paperwork that will allow me to change my work schedule to accommodate playing a video game? If not, I'm afraid I'll need to submit my 2 weeks notice and let them know where my priorities are...

More seriously, the additional time commitment is welcomed given that it's a new game mode and the commitment to raids is less and less. However, telling me I need to play this at time that are inconvenient to me and the intent is to require the entire guild participation is a major misstep. It seems that coordination between guild mates and using the entire strength of your roster has been emphasized through various posts over the last few months. It seems the biggest hurdle is going to be finding people who are willing to take time out of their lives whenever CG tells them to.

The two options should be this. Either the guild decides to launch these events the same way they do raids or you make these 24 hours in length for each phase. The initial option seems a lot more logical.

This is being re-evaluated. Thanks @CG_Carrie
    Thanks as well. All in all it is a game and a great one at that. With a specified time limit only to play it turns more into a job and just isnt fun. Thanks again.

Thank you
    I think the consensus is we need a 24 hr window at least, if not being able to launch on our own timetable would be even better.
    Thankyou.

Thank You.

I'm not sure you understand how timezones work around the world. Hopefully the other people who tried to explain why this is a problem for a majority of the guilds has enlightened you to why this this timeframe is a horrible idea.
    With all the time that has passed since a new mode has been introduced, it amazes me that this timeframe idea was never considered a problem. This is simple stuff that should be easy to figure out and find a solution too. It took the community a very short time to point out this will be a huge problem, yet developers can't figure it out in months.
    This game owes a lot of its success to the community who formed around guilds and as much fun as we have playing, we have just as much fun talking and socializing with our guild mates on chat platforms.
    What this timeframe does is screw over the social aspect of guilds by them having to make a choice of playing the new mode with the intent to actually maximize rewards by restructuring or missing out on the rewards by sticking together. It is an awful choice and one developers have made us choose in the past with very poor results.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • No, CG completely screwed over every player who went dark side. It's a joke and it's one I'm tired of. They won't "have their day" because CG has shown time and again it's all about rebels and that's it.

Zero point in investing anymore more in DS. Also, don't forget who won that battle on Hoth...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    I'm excited for the new content, sounds like fun but I have one major concern: the times. We are a guild that has always prided itself on having members from all over the world, but we are mostly a happy mix of US and UK players. I'm worried about the start times and the time limit being only 12 hours. Could you please consider expanding the time limit to 18, 20 or even 24 hours? That would go a long ways in alleviating these fears and making the event a bit more "reasonable". For example, as it is explained right now, for me, the event would run from 10pm until 10am. FAR from ideal. Can you PLEASE consider doing something about this? Please, please, please...
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP @CG_TopHat

This. 1000% this. Having a 12 hour window pretty much guarantees the need to dissolve international guilds - and any guild that doesn't share the same availability. Very poor design decision.

I was hoping all of the complaints about "doing such and such" at specific times (i.e. arena payouts, flash events, bonus energy refreshes, tournaments, etc., etc.) would not have fallen on deaf ears. Apparently it did. Sad.

24 hour windows would have been a much better choice. But instead, yet another "YOU PLAY WHEN WE TELL YOU TOO!!"

:/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'm excited for the new content, sounds like fun but I have one major concern: the times. We are a guild that has always prided itself on having members from all over the world, but we are mostly a happy mix of US and UK players. I'm worried about the start times and the time limit being only 12 hours. Could you please consider expanding the time limit to 18, 20 or even 24 hours? That would go a long ways in alleviating these fears and making the event a bit more "reasonable". For example, as it is explained right now, for me, the event would run from 10pm until 10am. FAR from ideal. Can you PLEASE consider doing something about this? Please, please, please...

This. 1000% this. Having a 12 hour window pretty much guarantees the need to dissolve international guilds. Very poor design decision.

I was hoping all of the complaints about "doing such and such" at specific times (i.e. arena payouts, flash events, bonus energy refreshes, tournaments, etc., etc.) would not have fallen on deaf ears. Apparently it did. Sad.

24 hour windows would have been a much better choice. But instead, yet another "YOU PLAY WHEN WE TELL YOU TOO!!"

^
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."

I'm not sure you understand how timezones work around the world. Hopefully the other people who tried to explain why this is a problem for a majority of the guilds has enlightened you to why this this timeframe is a horrible idea.
    With all the time that has passed since a new mode has been introduced, it amazes me that this timeframe idea was never considered a problem. This is simple stuff that should be easy to figure out and find a solution too. It took the community a very short time to point out this will be a huge problem, yet developers can't figure it out in months.
    This game owes a lot of its success to the community who formed around guilds and as much fun as we have playing, we have just as much fun talking and socializing with our guild mates on chat platforms.
    What this timeframe does is screw over the social aspect of guilds by them having to make a choice of playing the new mode with the intent to actually maximize rewards by restructuring or missing out on the rewards by sticking together. It is an awful choice and one developers have made us choose in the past with very poor results.

^
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. 1000% this. Having a 12 hour window pretty much guarantees the need to dissolve international guilds. Very poor design decision.

This. This so much.

Please, EA, CG, you need to acknowledge that most guilds are international and will not be able to survive this.
    It is not too late.
  • Waez wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. This so much.

Please, EA, CG, you need to acknowledge that most guilds are international and will not be able to survive this.
    It is not too late.

^
  • NoahScape wrote: »
    No, CG completely screwed over every player who went dark side. It's a joke and it's one I'm tired of. They won't "have their day" because CG has shown time and again it's all about rebels and that's it.

Zero point in investing anymore more in DS. Also, don't forget who won that battle on Hoth...

They stated that there will be more TB maps in the future, so the Empire will have their day
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    14, 16, or even 18 hours would add some flexibility. Looking forward to the mode, but want to have players who can be involved with this too. The social aspect is why so many of us play. please consider even a slightly longer window, so we can enjoy the new mode with our friends around the world.

Respectfully,

Rath - The Alliance