Territory Battle Overview [MEGA]

Replies

• CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Too many respondents to reply to just one. Consider the points on the 12 hour window well made and heard. Will investigate with the team.

I'm thankful of your reply and further discussion with your teammates. I know I sounded a bit harsh earlier, and I apologize.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    I'm excited for the new content, sounds like fun but I have one major concern: the times. We are a guild that has always prided itself on having members from all over the world, but we are mostly a happy mix of US and UK players. I'm worried about the start times and the time limit being only 12 hours. Could you please consider expanding the time limit to 18, 20 or even 24 hours? That would go a long ways in alleviating these fears and making the event a bit more "reasonable". For example, as it is explained right now, for me, the event would run from 10pm until 10am. FAR from ideal. Can you PLEASE consider doing something about this? Please, please, please...
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP @CG_TopHat

This. 1000% this. Having a 12 hour window pretty much guarantees the need to dissolve international guilds - and any guild that doesn't share the same availability. Very poor design decision.

I was hoping all of the complaints about "doing such and such" at specific times (i.e. arena payouts, flash events, bonus energy refreshes, tournaments, etc., etc.) would not have fallen on deaf ears. Apparently it did. Sad.

24 hour windows would have been a much better choice. But instead, yet another "YOU PLAY WHEN WE TELL YOU TOO!!"

:/

Weren't the people who took issue with the time tethering of flash events, tournaments, and arena payouts called whiners and basically told to shut up and color, though? In fact, I'm pretty sure some of the people who are taking issue with this particular time nonsense, were some of the same people doing the telling when those particular mechanics didn't effect them personally.
  • Was this CG Carries first time on today? Bad first day. But as always applaud this type of communication and great responses from the community. This is how forums should be. Here is info. And here is feedback.
    On a personal note- I'm excited for TB. Really really not a fan of rebels but I agree next will be Empire/DS and that's fine.
    Looking forward to some videos of all things tb.
  • Lobed the info, thanks!

But, why Vader, Veers and Snowtrooper do not have any bonuses there? They made the rebel scum run away.

#empiredidnothingwrong
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • @CG_Carrie Thx for taking it under consideration. At the very least make it 18 hours please.
  • does "stricter unit requirements" refers to hoth rebel scout and soldier ?
  • Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Lobed the info, thanks!

But, why Vader, Veers and Snowtrooper do not have any bonuses there? They made the rebel scum run away.

#empiredidnothingwrong

Yeah I wanted to use my zetaed Veers and SnT and crush the Rebels
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Too many respondents to reply to just one. Consider the points on the 12 hour window well made and heard. Will investigate with the team.
    If at all possible, I think an 18 hr window would be better than a 12 or 24 hr window
    Lobed the info, thanks!

#empiredidnothingwrong

They said characters specific to the map would get bonuses, you've interpreted that in one way that I wouldn't have. Why not wait and see?
    Lobed the info, thanks!

#empiredidnothingwrong

They said characters specific to the map would get bonuses, you've interpreted that in one way that I wouldn't have. Why not wait and see?

"with unique bonuses and mission opportunities for Rebel and Light Side forces."
    First bullet point
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Lobed the info, thanks!

#empiredidnothingwrong

"with unique bonuses and mission opportunities for Rebel and Light Side forces."
    First bullet point

Fair enough, missed that. DS will get maps though, patience.
  • I think 12 hour time periods is and was a great idea because no matter where in the world you live, no one i know sleeps 12 hours and therefore will be able to participate twice daily. If you sleep 8 hours, then you might be restricted to 4 hours to play for that particular phase. This is a far cry from the flash events where you have to check each hour.

I say well done with the 12 hour time periods!
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    If this could be a thing: you could split the 12 phase into 2 times 6 phases that could be run in parallel with 24h periods.

Something like Hoth 1 and Hoth 2 so we get the overall same experience.
  • Bottom line is that it is just a game, it doesn't matter if you are f2p, light or dark side, or even a whale. The point is that you make the best of it. So why complain, no one knows what EA or CG has planned for future events or updates. Lets just take it one step at a time.
  • NoahScape wrote: »
    No, CG completely screwed over every player who went dark side. It's a joke and it's one I'm tired of. They won't "have their day" because CG has shown time and again it's all about rebels and that's it.

Zero point in investing anymore more in DS. Also, don't forget who won that battle on Hoth...

I run sith too but people should realize or have read "all toons needed" DS toons will still matter in this mode but may not be used in actual matchs. Will still need them to hold positions and for there power rating. There will be another TB battle diwn the road that requires DS for battles and LS will be just for power and holding.
  • Phelynor wrote: »
    I think 12 hour time periods is and was a great idea because no matter where in the world you live, no one i know sleeps 12 hours and therefore will be able to participate twice daily. If you sleep 8 hours, then you might be restricted to 4 hours to play for that particular phase. This is a far cry from the flash events where you have to check each hour.

You're not thinking of the big picture, aka WORK! Yes, some people work for a living. 99% of the P2P players work during those 6am-6pm hours. And work involves waking up, getting ready, driving, working, coming home, etc.

SnakesOnAPlane
    I think 12 hour time periods is and was a great idea because no matter where in the world you live, no one i know sleeps 12 hours and therefore will be able to participate twice daily. If you sleep 8 hours, then you might be restricted to 4 hours to play for that particular phase. This is a far cry from the flash events where you have to check each hour.

Does anyone you know have a family, work or responsibilities other than playing games all day?
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • 12 hour window works if you live in (or near) the same time zone as your leader. But we're a Pacific guild with a couple members in Scandinavia and Southeast Asia, so the 12 hour window might be a stressor. I get why CG wants six 12 hour phases to fit the event into a Friday, Saturday, Sunday schedule. But I just think 16 hour phases will make things easier for everyone all around. Start the event on a Thursday, 16 hours for phase 1, end on Sunday. Still fits a weekend even window. The first phase looks like it's just that one Territory, so it *probably* doesn't need as much micromanaging and folks could plod through that first phase no problem!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

So I get the sleep part but what about the whole job part? At least with flash events they took maybe 3 minutes. This game mode will be a little more time invested as well as getting 49 other people on the same page.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Can we please have cuffs and guns as reward in TB as well? :)
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    I'm excited for the new content, sounds like fun but I have one major concern: the times. We are a guild that has always prided itself on having members from all over the world, but we are mostly a happy mix of US and UK players. I'm worried about the start times and the time limit being only 12 hours. Could you please consider expanding the time limit to 18, 20 or even 24 hours? That would go a long ways in alleviating these fears and making the event a bit more "reasonable". For example, as it is explained right now, for me, the event would run from 10pm until 10am. FAR from ideal. Can you PLEASE consider doing something about this? Please, please, please...
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP @CG_TopHat

This. 1000% this. Having a 12 hour window pretty much guarantees the need to dissolve international guilds - and any guild that doesn't share the same availability. Very poor design decision.

I was hoping all of the complaints about "doing such and such" at specific times (i.e. arena payouts, flash events, bonus energy refreshes, tournaments, etc., etc.) would not have fallen on deaf ears. Apparently it did. Sad.

24 hour windows would have been a much better choice. But instead, yet another "YOU PLAY WHEN WE TELL YOU TOO!!"

:/

Weren't the people who took issue with the time tethering of flash events, tournaments, and arena payouts called whiners and basically told to shut up and color, though? In fact, I'm pretty sure some of the people who are taking issue with this particular time nonsense, were some of the same people doing the telling when those particular mechanics didn't effect them personally.

No. But even if they were, there is a world of difference between a flash event that hands out some mediocre gear and a major event that requires one's entire roster.

Nice attempt at trolling though.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Phelynor wrote: »

So I get the sleep part but what about the whole job part? At least with flash events they took maybe 3 minutes. This game mode will be a little more time invested as well as getting 49 other people on the same page.

It's because The person mentions sleep but not work therefore the person doesn't have a job.
    They will change the time window, it's caused too much upset to us all.

*** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Plus 1 takes about 60 seconds to auto while you use the pisser the other will require more time invested.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    12 hour window works if you live in (or near) the same time zone as your leader. But we're a Pacific guild with a couple members in Scandinavia and Southeast Asia, so the 12 hour window might be a stressor. I get why CG wants six 12 hour phases to fit the event into a Friday, Saturday, Sunday schedule. But I just think 16 hour phases will make things easier for everyone all around. Start the event on a Thursday, 16 hours for phase 1, end on Sunday. Still fits a weekend even window. The first phase looks like it's just that one Territory, so it *probably* doesn't need as much micromanaging and folks could plod through that first phase no problem!

16 would be great.
  • Nesh
    49 posts Member
    If it was designed around a friday to sunday window 12hour phases would work for, the majority of the player base. The issue is, a lot of people work weekends so 12 hours really is still too short.

If you could tell us how you envisioned it working there may be less push back on the timings.

Ie do you want it to be a twice weekly event with essentially 12 hours downtime between. Or is it weekly launching set time and day (appears this way)

That aside. It looks like it will be amazing and can't wait to hear more and to play it

The problem isn't sleep. The problem is jobs. Like, I'm lucky because I live in our founder's time zone and have a job where I get in at 6:00am, but leave at 2:30 so I have plenty of time to get my stuff in on both windows. But we have members on the east coast for whom the window is 9:00am to 9:00pm... Assuming they have a refular 9:00-5:00 job, that gives them a great window for the morning phase, but the evening phase will be rough on them--especially if they have some Platoon-critical character.

16 hours is good. Gives everyone time to do their real life job before they have to punch in for the virtual jn that GoH can sometimes become.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Mzee wrote: »
    Looks interesting, and I think it will become a lot clearer to me once we start running it as it looks pretty complicated reading about it.

What greatly concerns me is the push against dark side users right now. They already took a large blow with Commander Luke when they were already well behind light-side in arena. The impression I got is that only light-side characters can participate in this territory battle, but perhaps I am wrong. The dark side users in my guild are understandably not happy about this.

Hoth is just the first territory battle. The next one will be Darkside for sure.

Can you be 100% sure that is true? I wouldn't bet too much $ on that being the case.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Honestly, I've been considering walking away. If this becomes a big time sink in a narrow game determined" time slot, it will make the decision very easy.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I login almost every hour beside when i dont sleep....i take it quite ok
  • With the duration thing hopefully addressed, I am excited about the mode. So far everything was focuse on more or less single battles. With the new mode it sounds coordination anove battles becomes important (which toon to deploy and use where). We may have to start use toon we didnt even consider using. I am looking forward to that!