Territory Battle Overview [MEGA]

Replies

• Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Well how else could they release the Hoth rebels?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Phelynor wrote: »
    I think 12 hour time periods is and was a great idea because no matter where in the world you live, no one i know sleeps 12 hours and therefore will be able to participate twice daily. If you sleep 8 hours, then you might be restricted to 4 hours to play for that particular phase. This is a far cry from the flash events where you have to check each hour.

I say well done with the 12 hour time periods!

I assume you don't have a job...
  • So confusing haha I'll just wait till its in game and listen to my guild officers
  • Karfax wrote: »
    Phelynor wrote: »
    I think 12 hour time periods is and was a great idea because no matter where in the world you live, no one i know sleeps 12 hours and therefore will be able to participate twice daily. If you sleep 8 hours, then you might be restricted to 4 hours to play for that particular phase. This is a far cry from the flash events where you have to check each hour.

I say well done with the 12 hour time periods!

I assume you don't have a job...

Being a troll under a bridge is a full time affair I hear.

I think you're taking a subtle comment pointing out that he didn't factor anything other than sleep was the intention. Your comment is the textbook attempt at a troll job. Thanks.
  • Mihai29 wrote: »
    I login almost every hour beside when i dont sleep....i take it quite ok

You've used all your energy and everything is on a long cooldown, what do you log in every hour for exactly??
    Go outside and feel the sun on your skin or do some work lol
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • More territory battles besides hoth. Stop crying about dark side and use your brain. Hoth is just the first one. Just like assault battles and omega battles other factions will have their turn.

I swear this forum makes me want to vomit. Quit crying please. Dark side is not useless. Most arena teams use thrawn and DN. That's a 60/40 split, as close to balanced as you can get on a 5 person team. Can you guys not figure that one out?

Grow up or go home!
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    You've been eating too much red meat, calm the storm bruh. We know we will get a DS TB maybe in August 18 ¤_¤
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • One more vote towards bigger windows, as an employed West Coast guy in an East Coast guild, I'd only be able to play ~50% of a "Territory Battle," please consider changing this, and thanks for the replies, CG team!

- Dave
  • Would be really cool, and we can use Rebels and give the R1 toons bonuses.
  • Will you make guild chats no longer unavailable for some players, because now more than ever will guild cooperation be absolutely vital?
  • And because the R1 team was there and died I'm thinking an insta-death bonus
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • We don't event know when Hoth TB will release lol.
  • even in death, they were the winners!!! Go Rebels Go
  • Vicrory is when all R1 team died on Scariff ;)
  • Settle yet? Sooo... when? November? :#
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    For those who are concerned about players from different timezones playing together - this is why we made the windows so long for each phase (12 hours) - so that if your guild leader is in another time zone, and it would cause the event for you to happen almost entirely over your evening - that there should be time on either side (either evening or morning) for you to be able to do the event.

These are among the worst hours to pick when we should be playing. It should be similar to the raids where they start and end based on the time we start the raid.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    I'm excited for the new content, sounds like fun but I have one major concern: the times. We are a guild that has always prided itself on having members from all over the world, but we are mostly a happy mix of US and UK players. I'm worried about the start times and the time limit being only 12 hours. Could you please consider expanding the time limit to 18, 20 or even 24 hours? That would go a long ways in alleviating these fears and making the event a bit more "reasonable". For example, as it is explained right now, for me, the event would run from 10pm until 10am. FAR from ideal. Can you PLEASE consider doing something about this? Please, please, please...
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP @CG_TopHat

This. 1000% this. Having a 12 hour window pretty much guarantees the need to dissolve international guilds - and any guild that doesn't share the same availability. Very poor design decision.

I was hoping all of the complaints about "doing such and such" at specific times (i.e. arena payouts, flash events, bonus energy refreshes, tournaments, etc., etc.) would not have fallen on deaf ears. Apparently it did. Sad.

24 hour windows would have been a much better choice. But instead, yet another "YOU PLAY WHEN WE TELL YOU TOO!!"

:/

Weren't the people who took issue with the time tethering of flash events, tournaments, and arena payouts called whiners and basically told to shut up and color, though? In fact, I'm pretty sure some of the people who are taking issue with this particular time nonsense, were some of the same people doing the telling when those particular mechanics didn't effect them personally.

No. But even if they were, there is a world of difference between a flash event that hands out some mediocre gear and a major event that requires one's entire roster.

Nice attempt at trolling though.

It wasn't an attempt at a troll, and I agree with the sentiment. But was just pointing out that when individually valid concerns are raised but are immediately dismissed as whining because of an innate inability to empathize, how were they supposed to hear/learn anything when all that materializes is a giant praise giving echo chamber.
  • Twbtmtr
    6 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Hiya Holotable Heroes!

[*] Territory Battles are a three day Guild event consisting of six phases that are each 12 hours long. After each phase, units that were used previously are reset to be used again. The first phase begins at 6AM local time, based on the time zone of the founding Guild Leader.

The 6am to 6pm time constraint is going to be impossible for a majority of our guild who actually work during the day. Please reconsider the time frames or allow guilds to make their own. Nothing will please everyone, but even a 9am to 9pm would get around the vast majority of normal work schedules.
  • Will you make guild chats no longer unavailable for some players, because now more than ever will guild cooperation be absolutely vital?

How is guild chat unavailable to members? I have not seen that unless there is an issue where everyone has a problem with the chat or the person is having WiFi issues.
  • I think the real question will be how long does this take on a daily basis. I'm assuming these are rolling back to back (when you finish one you start the next). We've seen #42 and #27 so there are a lot of these. The question is how long will it take an individual to play their part for 1 phase. If this takes an hour, then I agree that doing 2 a day would be too much. But if this is another 10-15 minutes (once the planning is done), then I would think that the person who mentioned a job from 9-5 and their guild's time is 9-9 would have plenty of time in the 4 hours after they get off work to invest in TB.

And for those questioning, yes I have a full time job, a beautiful family that I spend time with and I've also been enrolled in a master's program the last year and a half. Somehow I find time.

I would prefer 12 or 24 hour time lengths so that they occur at the same time(s) every day. (This is why I don't like the flash events and the idea of 16 hour time blocks.) But if the developers have timed these out to not be too much time invested (most characters you just allocate to a territory) then I think twice a day sounds nice.
  • so...there will be no empire play? or dark side in general? like bounty hunters?
  • jrc021369 wrote: »
    Bottom line is that it is just a game, it doesn't matter if you are f2p, light or dark side, or even a whale. The point is that you make the best of it. So why complain, no one knows what EA or CG has planned for future events or updates. Lets just take it one step at a time.
    Phelynor wrote: »
    I think the real question will be how long does this take on a daily basis. I'm assuming these are rolling back to back (when you finish one you start the next). We've seen #42 and #27 so there are a lot of these. The question is how long will it take an individual to play their part for 1 phase. If this takes an hour, then I agree that doing 2 a day would be too much. But if this is another 10-15 minutes (once the planning is done), then I would think that the person who mentioned a job from 9-5 and their guild's time is 9-9 would have plenty of time in the 4 hours after they get off work to invest in TB.

And for those questioning, yes I have a full time job, a beautiful family that I spend time with and I've also been enrolled in a master's program the last year and a half. Somehow I find time.

I would prefer 12 or 24 hour time lengths so that they occur at the same time(s) every day. (This is why I don't like the flash events and the idea of 16 hour time blocks.) But if the developers have timed these out to not be too much time invested (most characters you just allocate to a territory) then I think twice a day sounds nice.

Agree. All depends on time.
  • Phelynor wrote: »
    I think the real question will be how long does this take on a daily basis. I'm assuming these are rolling back to back (when you finish one you start the next). We've seen #42 and #27 so there are a lot of these. The question is how long will it take an individual to play their part for 1 phase. If this takes an hour, then I agree that doing 2 a day would be too much. But if this is another 10-15 minutes (once the planning is done), then I would think that the person who mentioned a job from 9-5 and their guild's time is 9-9 would have plenty of time in the 4 hours after they get off work to invest in TB.

You don't seem to understand how timezones work either. While some guild members will have a good 12 hour timeframe to do theses battles like 9-9. Others in the same guild will be stuck with timeframes of 12-12 where sleep and work will stop them from doing these battles. Especially if they take 30min plus.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • after all the darkside love the game has gotten im glad its tailors to light side

Yep. I farmed the wrong hard node character (Veers). I'm sure I'll be happy when this comes out and I have something new to try and accomplish. But right now I'm not thrilled with this news.
  • after all the darkside love the game has gotten im glad its tailors to light side

I hope that was sarcasm lol
  • Guys the 12 hour period doesn't mean every phase is from 6am to 6pm because phase 2 would be from 6pm to 6am and thus everyone will have time to participate
  • 12 hours is brutal, and a terrible 12 hour stretch at that. Noon to midnight would be a much better 12 hour stretch.

Also, am I the only one who read these descriptions and felt like I was reading a foreign language. About all I took from this was I need to focus on improving overall galactic power and working on light side characters.

@Bulldog1205 but this would mean that phase 2 would be from midnight to noon so no that doesn't work