How to Spend Ally Points

I'm at a little over 700,000 ally points. Should I spent them on Bronziums, or will there be events coming up that I should save them for?
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Save
  • It would take you hours if you did
  • Tournaments are worthless unless you're spending $1000 a month. Seriously what you spend on them compared to what you get in return isn't worth the trouble. Use them on bronziums and unlock general grievous with the duplicate shards in shard shop.

I don't even bother with tournaments anymore the work/resources spent to benefit ratio is a joke. I ignore tournaments all together.
  • Next 2-3 tournaments are gonna be a dog eat dog fight with the millions some of us have saved.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Tournaments are great for FTP. Requires 0 money, as long as you save your AP. Much better than the paywalls they are putting these new toons behind, costing 600 crystals a shard. I'm going to continue to save my AP until a dev officially announces that there will NEVER be another tournament requiring AP.
    Willis Mcgahee of the Mighty Chlorians ~ https://swgoh.gg/u/willis/
  • Go to Netflix, start watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, put your hand in such a way that your index finger covers the Buy Again button and middle finger covers the Skip/Continue button. Tap your fingers repeatedly while enjoying a lovely TV musical comedy.

It really doesn't take as long as you might think and you're going to get some useful stuff. A lot, a lot, a lot of useless dross--but quite a bit of useful stuff. Hell, with 700k you might get enough spare shards to buy a piece of raid gear out of the shard shop.

It's a safe assumption that there will be tournaments again in the future. It's even a safe assumption that those tournaments will use ally points (although they might not! In which case: Spend them now or spend them later, but you're going to spend them eventually.), but if you have 700k, ten other people have a million. You're not going to outspend them in the next tournament, so you're going to dump hundreds of thousands of tokens out the window and not get anything for them.

Ultimately the choice is between: Some useful stuff and some dross now, or nothing later. Pick now.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • i spend my ap as quick as i can get them.
  • Ewok scout I think is around 30/100 to 7 stars thanks to bronziums -.-
  • Id spend them but i dont give a flying flip about the tourneys. I get plenty of shard shop shards and ive hit 4-5 full purples last couple months.
  • spotremix wrote: »
    i spend my ap as quick as i can get them.
    I used to wait until after a tournament and spend it all. The first one is the longest and hardest, but after that you can just do it after collecting your 5000 for completing all tasks and Bob's your uncle.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Please... give us a way to spend it all at a time and collect items without having to "burn" that screen point "clicking"! xD
  • Thread necromancy!
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • What? where? :flushed:
  • I got really confused for a second, and then I saw the dates...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Please... give us a way to spend it all at a time and collect items without having to "burn" that screen point "clicking"! xD

Use an emulator...sacrifice mice instead.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I perfer to save them. Once a worthy toon becomes available in the shard shop that's when I use them. That's how I got Nihilis to 7*. Currently I'm sitting on over a million ally points.

https://imgur.com/a/DZnLy
  • Wow, I just got 80(!) shards for Poggle from a bronzium!!!
    Great luck ;D
  • I use all my ally points trying to get imperial shards hahahahaha and works : D It's good to get bronziuns shards.
  • It's really not that bad to burn 20-40K AP here and there.Doeant take very long either. Before you know it you will be broke. How many times do you find yourself clicking back and forth from character menu to home screen as your just looking for something to do in-game?
  • It's really not that bad to burn 20-40K AP here and there.Doeant take very long either. Before you know it you will be broke. How many times do you find yourself clicking back and forth from character menu to home screen as your just looking for something to do in-game?

:lol::lol:

When I burned through 700k a few months back for Nihilus to get 7*...it took me close to 5 and a half hours.

I just put Netflix on and watched some movies while doing it. Very boring, but was rewarding as well.