Experience Points When Capped

There is one critical element of this game that needs attention. That is the wasted experience points when you are at level cap. I strongly urge some brainstorming for this issue. Many other games have implemented alternate abilities or mitigation benefits that you can use experience on while you're at level cap so that it still has a purpose.

Replies

• You get a rewards box every day. Sounds like a fair exchange to me.
  • just turn it into Ally points. Problem solved
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    just turn it into Ally points. Problem solved

Something like this yes
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    How about additional levels that don't do anything but show how much xp you have total?
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    You get a rewards box every day. Sounds like a fair exchange to me.

Thar might satisfy fair exchange for experience acquired from dailies but not fair exchange for experience gained from spending 3 refreshes on nodes.
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    How about additional levels that don't do anything but show how much xp you have total?

That sounds interesting too.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Yup. Level 85 rewards are better.
  • Olga wrote: »

Are you guys insane? The reward box is 2 pieces of purple gear that we already have over 1000 of because the same thing drops in challenges. They hardly ever get used and are just more excess. Are you even real players?
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    It's the additional crystals you get. I just got 50 today and 25 yesterday.
  • Tavanh wrote: »

These aren't replacements for experience though. You start receiving them at 80 when you are still leveling for one. They also do nothing in place of gaining experience. I'm talking about something to spend your actual experience points on other than player level. You could even continue to toggle what your experience gets spent on after they raise level cap.

Everquest is the best example i can use with the alternate ability grind. The main thing that would require thought is translating that to player level over character development.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Olga wrote: »

Are you guys insane? The reward box is 2 pieces of purple gear that we already have over 1000 of because the same thing drops in challenges. They hardly ever get used and are just more excess. Are you even real players?
    And an omega mat. I'm not sure what the other rewards are. And a lot of those purple gears are raid gears. Droid callers, furnaces etc.
  • People always want more. No matter how much free stuff is thrust upon them..
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Tavanh wrote: »

These aren't replacements for experience though.
    Well what would you prefer? If extra crystals isn't enough?

• ExarTheKun wrote: »

Thar might satisfy fair exchange for experience acquired from dailies but not fair exchange for experience gained from spending 3 refreshes on nodes.

Do 1 50 crystal refresh for your 600 daily then and spend the other 400 on gear in the shop.
  • Olga wrote: »
    Tavanh wrote: »

These aren't replacements for experience though.
    Well what would you prefer? If extra crystals isn't enough?

I don't have a preference. This isn't for me this for an economic solution to the surplus on experience points after level cap. I was also hoping for more educated responses involved in the discussion but as it stands, i just hope the development team sees it and understands what I'm getting at. Either way it doesn't matter. Just an idea they can take or leave.
  • I'd suggest some kind of conversion of xp to training droids, but that's not exactly something you're short on when you hit 85
  • I'd suggest some kind of conversion of xp to training droids, but that's not exactly something you're short on when you hit 85

This is something that would make perfect sense but as you said, there is no shortage on training droids either.