Game Crash / Freeze Issues (New Patch 7/3 Related Only) [Mega] -- DEV RESPONSE

Replies

• Im sure ill get a warning for this but its the truth...

For the crashing issue to be going on for this long without fixes or responses from the devs is straight up something that amatuers would do. Thats why they work on a mobile game for a living and not some big time PC titles. That kinda ignoring stuff wouldnt fly if the devs worked on a huge popular game that millions of people played. This is a small time game, with small time workers that can only fix small time problems.

Truth hurts sometimes...but its still the truth regardless.

Prove me wrong devs...respond to the crashing complaints or fix it.
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you

For the crashing issue to be going on for this long without fixes or responses from the devs is straight up something that amatuers would do. Thats why they work on a mobile game for a living and not some big time PC titles. That kinda ignoring stuff wouldnt fly if the devs worked on a huge popular game that millions of people played. This is a small time game, with small time workers that can only fix small time problems.

You get points for trying to get their attention, but I don't think name calling and belittling them is the way to go. Believe me I'm just as much frustrated about update 6/30 making my iPad obsolete as anyone else here is..after spending money and spending a year and a half playing this game on my iPad, I still don't understand why this crashing issue hasn't been addressed yet:(

I play on an iPhone now thankfully. Because I still can't even collect energy nor spend energy without crashing on my iPad 2 since update 6/30. I'm greatful for new toons and events that were released and will be released...I just wish this game still worked on my iPad like it did before.

@EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon @EA_MindTricks it would be nice to hear from you folks pretty pretty please:))

Fyi, Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes is a huge popular game that millions of people play. At one point, it was bringing in over $200,000 every single day.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Im sure ill get a warning for this but its the truth...

Fyi, Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes is a huge popular game that millions of people play. At one point, it was bringing in over $200,000 every single day.

Im not saying this game isnt popular or making money..if anything with the amount of money they've made the devs should be doing the proper testing to make sure devices should run smoothly like it did before the devs released the update.

I said all this ignoring the players that keep crashing is some amateur and shady business. Almost 2 months now crashing still aint fixed or even talked about by the developers is something that bigtime game companys like Blizzard wouldnt do. EA puts out good games, there's a Star Wars Old Republic game for computers and the people that work on that game fixes issues quickly. They take pride in their work.

As for as the team in charge of galxy of heros...i dont know whats their deal. Thrawn release video was basically 3 people talking on the sidwalk outside about what was next to come. Update comes out then ios users complain about the game crashing and cant play no more.

And what do the devs do? They make a megapostthread that sweeps all the crashing complaints under the rug and another developer says to be patient...that was over a month ago. Meanwhile all these events continue to be released and not all ios users get to do the events because their devices crash.

If the developers dont know how to fix the problem..maybe they should be replaced by someone that knows how to fix the problem.

The team incharge are obviously small time and can only fix small problems. I can garenntee you a game for example like World of Warcraft that has has 10s of millions of players play it would not have to endure the neglect of their games crashing problems be left alone and be ignored for two months now because of some untested update that was rushed through by small time developers that dont know how to fix it..or rather they dont have the decency to even respond to everyone here that has missed out on events or had to purcahse new devices just to play this game.

Im sure ill get me a warning or ban..but its still the truth..

You devs are wrong for ignoreing ios users that have been crashing for 2 months.

Of course they got nothing to say...all they do is delete posts from people like me that tells it like it is.

If all this doesnt look amatuerish to everyone here on these forums..then i dont know what it is.
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you
  • Another day ... another crash
  • Dundadarr wrote: »
    Another day ... another crash

Yup.
    Day 273, to be exact...
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Im sure ill get a warning for this but its the truth...

Im not saying this game isnt popular or making money..if anything with the amount of money they've made the devs should be doing the proper testing to make sure devices should run smoothly like it did before the devs released the update.

I said all this ignoring the players that keep crashing is some amateur and shady business. Almost 2 months now crashing still aint fixed or even talked about by the developers is something that bigtime game companys like Blizzard wouldnt do. EA puts out good games, there's a Star Wars Old Republic game for computers and the people that work on that game fixes issues quickly. They take pride in their work.

As for as the team in charge of galxy of heros...i dont know whats their deal. Thrawn release video was basically 3 people talking on the sidwalk outside about what was next to come. Update comes out then ios users complain about the game crashing and cant play no more.

And what do the devs do? They make a megapostthread that sweeps all the crashing complaints under the rug and another developer says to be patient...that was over a month ago. Meanwhile all these events continue to be released and not all ios users get to do the events because their devices crash.

If the developers dont know how to fix the problem..maybe they should be replaced by someone that knows how to fix the problem.

The team incharge are obviously small time and can only fix small problems. I can garenntee you a game for example like World of Warcraft that has has 10s of millions of players play it would not have to endure the neglect of their games crashing problems be left alone and be ignored for two months now because of some untested update that was rushed through by small time developers that dont know how to fix it..or rather they dont have the decency to even respond to everyone here that has missed out on events or had to purcahse new devices just to play this game.

Im sure ill get me a warning or ban..but its still the truth..

You devs are wrong for ignoreing ios users that have been crashing for 2 months.

Of course they got nothing to say...all they do is delete posts from people like me that tells it like it is.

If all this doesnt look amatuerish to everyone here on these forums..then i dont know what it is.

My friend, they are a good team.
    But, the business model they follow is really really bad.
    Especially customer care.
    They are a 62 employee studio, this is their second game.
    They are forcing a EA-special bisiness model very eagerly.
    Out of the team only a smaller group is the responsible for fixing bugs.
    This is more than a bug, it is much greater and rooted in much deeper.
    They missed the chance to fix it at the beginning, when it didnt seem to be an issue that the game uses too much RAM.
    At that time it worked just fine, as there was not really much content to load into RAM.
    Now, they are in trouble as with the constant new content added to the game, there are more and more bigs to fix, and they dont really have time to deal with the crash issue in the meantime.

I really respect them, but I say it is really unprofessional and arrogant behaviour what they are currently doing, saying nothing, because: 'We wont share any detail about our progress, because we are EA and professionals'.

Making errors is human. Admiting that is noble.
  • Another one here to the list!
    This is getting really out of hands! im starting to get crashes not only on every game mode, but also changing mods now!
    In my case this was completly progressive, and if this will continue this way i thinkk 2gb of ram will be no good if they no fix it!
  • Get a iPhone 7 it won't crash
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Fear not
    Love the crystals and zeta, but wish the flaming hot mess from the 7/3 update would have been fixed. We're up to 14 pages now on the megathread :'(
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1230324#Comment_1230324

We took the time to address a number of specific performance issues and crashes (this mega included). The next major version update should fix a lot of these.

• We will see... fingers crossed...
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    If the devs end up successfully fixing this, they will have my full gratitude. However, I do not believe I am remiss in pointing out that I had to ask in the Hotfix Megathread to get this response. How long have the devs known they were going to be able to fix all these problems? Why did they let us stew in our anger with their silence? How much effort would it have taken to stop by this thread and tell us? I know for a fact they lost some paying customers with this megathread. That all could have easily been avoided.
    A suggestion for EA/CG. I could be wrong, but I thought you had at least 1 employee whose sole job is to communicate with the community. There was a listing a few weeks ago for such a job, and I thought that was why TopHat was brought on last year. If not, perhaps create/assign such a job? My vision if I had this job would basically be go on the Forums/Reddit/Facebook/Twitter/Myspace :p , and answer ALL the questions. Responses could range from "We're working on it" to "I can't tell you anything right now", but the key to all of this is that someone COMMUNICATES. That way, you can code awesome content instead of having to talk with us and our irrationality. ;)
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Fear not
    Love the crystals and zeta, but wish the flaming hot mess from the 7/3 update would have been fixed. We're up to 14 pages now on the megathread :'(
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1230324#Comment_1230324

We took the time to address a number of specific performance issues and crashes (this mega included). The next major version update should fix a lot of these.

@CG_Kozispoon , thanks for the icebreaking answer. It sounds promising...
    stock-photo-optimist-pessimist-realist-pessimist-514644277.jpg
    However, I am still pessimistic, for obvious reasons...
    But if you fix it for real...
    I... I... I dont know what will I do then.
    These words of you felt like a bottle of water in the desert.

water-in-the-desert.jpg

Thanks.
  • BigSillyPanda
    41 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon , thanks for the icebreaking answer. It sounds promising...
    However, I am still pessimistic, for obvious reasons...
    But if you fix it for real...
    I... I... I dont know what will I do then.
    These words of you felt like a bottle of water in the desert.
    Thanks.

If this was just a typical bug, I would completely agree.

However, in this case I don't really believe they will solve a thing. It's way cheaper to just ignore these complaints and "discard" those players, as new ones will be coming in anyway. :-(

That's why that bottle of water analogy actually reminded me of the ending for Quantum of Solace, unfortunately... :-(

Personally, I'm not sure if I will continue playing the game even if they fix the issue.
    The last few weeks, I've reduced my play time considerably (not caring about arena, bonus energy, gw, any battles whatsoever, just simming everything and quickly dispatching the heists); after all, why should I lose time with something that I _know_ is going to crash?
    The result: I have much more free time, and also I am performing my work even more efficiently (because I don't interrupt it with not even 5m breaks to collect energy and whatsoever, and so I don't "get out of the zone").
    Just goes to show that this game is continuously demanding ever more time from players. Whoever calls the shots probably thinks people don't have something called "life" and "job".
  • I'm on IOS and the crashing for ships have gotten much worse. I can play other parts of the game fine but I have noticed that arena has become increasingly laggy and I can barely finish a ship battle. Please fix these issues.
  • IOS ship crashing is bad. This really hasnt been fixed. I have lost 4 battles in the last two days and its costing me chances to get inside the top 10-15, which as everyone knows hurts the zeta grind.

Also, so laggy on ships. The rest of the game seems fine...but ships is just brutal to play now.

Please fix this now.
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Yelia wrote: »
    IOS ship crashing is bad. This really hasnt been fixed. I have lost 4 battles in the last two days and its costing me chances to get inside the top 10-15, which as everyone knows hurts the zeta grind.

Also, so laggy on ships. The rest of the game seems fine...but ships is just brutal to play now.

Please fix this now.

The word 'Fine' sounds like an exaggerate for me.
    Post edited by First_but_66_Order on
  • Day 278
    Any news?
  • Or there is going to be a lot of mad people running around here.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Emulators.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    VanKings22 wrote: »
    Or there is going to be a lot of mad people running around here.

There is a thread about this in bugs and issues.

Please check it out, there is a dev response they know and are working on it.

• Olga wrote: »
    Emulators.

Someone brought this up to me before. It may be a solution for some, but for me it's ridiculous if I have to use a computer so that I can play a mobile game. I would rather spend the time with my PS4 that's connected to a new HDTV ;). I mean come on, it's a mobile game so it's what I'm supposed to play when I'm away from my computer.

Anyway, this is moot. I have attained my 7* G11 Kenobi, the last in the list I wanted to accomplish. Crashes is still a way of life for us with old devices, and I am tired of being a dead weight for my guild.
    Emulators.

Someone brought this up to me before. It may be a solution for some, but for me it's ridiculous if I have to use a computer so that I can play a mobile game. I would rather spend the time with my PS4 that's connected to a new HDTV ;). I mean come on, it's a mobile game so it's what I'm supposed to play when I'm away from my computer.

Anyway, this is moot. I have attained my 7* G11 Kenobi, the last in the list I wanted to accomplish. Crashes is still a way of life for us with old devices, and I am tired of being a dead weight for my guild.

Bye then.
    However, I have a weird feeling that you shouldnt leave the forum as well.
    You know, if it would be Fixed, there will be a feast on the forum.........
    Emulators.

Emulators on a PC are an option if your play on an android device. If your playing on an ISO device your out of luck. Unless you have a MAC. I wonder does SWGOH work on an MAC?
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    Olga wrote: »
    Emulators.

Emulators on a PC are an option if your play on an android device. If your playing on an ISO device your out of luck. Unless you have a MAC. I wonder does SWGOH work on an MAC?

If you start an account on android, you can ask to transfer your Game center game progression to it. As I heard it syncs pretty good between the two accounts...
  • Please can you guys fix with the ship battles from crashing the game thankyou
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Emulators.

I don't have an actual android device and I play on PC still. I downloaded bluestacks and made an android account with it. Then I had EA transfer my ios account to the new android account. Now I can play from either my ios device or off the PC with my android account. They both link to the same game account so all data is synced between devices. Until they actually fix the issue it's either this or go buy something new. At least this way I can participate in all the game events plus I finish all my dailies way quicker now that I don't have to wait 2 minutes for a match to load.

• Fumanchu wrote: »
    Emulators.

I don't have an actual android device and I play on PC still. I downloaded bluestacks and made an android account with it. Then I had EA transfer my ios account to the new android account. Now I can play from either my ios device or off the PC with my android account. They both link to the same game account so all data is synced between devices. Until they actually fix the issue it's either this or go buy something new. At least this way I can participate in all the game events plus I finish all my dailies way quicker now that I don't have to wait 2 minutes for a match to load.

Ya still working on transferring.... But according to EA
    - Any future progress on either device is separate as it saves to Google Play and Game Center, which are separate).
    - The game saves are still platform based.
    iOS to Game Center.
    Android to Googleplay.

Still working with ea-"customer support"...
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Fumanchu wrote: »
    Emulators.

Ya still working on transferring.... But according to EA
    - Any future progress on either device is separate as it saves to Google Play and Game Center, which are separate).
    - The game saves are still platform based.
    iOS to Game Center.
    Android to Googleplay.

Still working with ea-"customer support"...

Yeah it took like 9 days before they finally transferred everything after I submitted my request. They definitely aren't quick about it.

• Welp, we got an update in the respective app stores today. Should have a client restart tomorrow. Here's hoping it fixes all our problems!
    1431548987-tumblr-mvv4mylzkt1sgl0ajo1-500.gif