Territory Battle Overview [MEGA]

Replies

• Think it's less orientated towards having high quality characters and more towards a high roster of lower power characters. Just from the description of the battles, the screenshots of low health and gear enemies and the fact that once a character is used in a phase he can't be used in that phase again.

I would disagree on focusing on getting as many G10 characters for this and more on getting a lot of G8 or so characters since you might need 60 or 70 chAracters per phase each, they did say over 7,500 ( I think) units will be utilized
  • Dya think both rebel solider will be September login character?
  • Think it's less orientated towards having high quality characters and more towards a high roster of lower power characters. Just from the description of the battles, the screenshots of low health and gear enemies and the fact that once a character is used in a phase he can't be used in that phase again.

I would disagree on focusing on getting as many G10 characters for this and more on getting a lot of G8 or so characters since you might need 60 or 70 chAracters per phase each, they did say over 7,500 ( I think) units will be utilized

@Boba_The_Fetter I did not say focus on getting as many G10 characters I said focus on getting 7*. I did say take inventory of usable characters who are at GL10 but I do not think there is any need to focus on gearing up until after we get more details on the event. Part 1 section B is still applying only towards keeping track of inventory of all characters in case they are needed. So, we are in agreement i also don't think G10 will be needed that is why I suggest to hoard gear and prepare to use the exchange because we simply don't know the power level needed for characters.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Agree with inventory... and a method to keep it up to date. Disagree with the limited scope, while the very last phase may require high requirements there will be a lot of lower level ones as well that most likely ramp up.
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Just a thought for the Devs.

Of course I know you have factored this in, I mean it would be super duper silly not to have thought of this*

Take halve your roster and mod them out with all your 15 5* mods, deploy them at that GP.
    Then remove their mods and place them in the remaining halve of your roster and then deploy them at that GP, hey presto you get a massive boost to GP as a hack/ploit.

Now as I say I am sure you have thought of this ;p

* If in fact it is an oversight, I of course will be happy to receive a bundle of crystals for saving your blushes :P Ally: 145-288-233
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    No, it is different than battles. During deployment you assign characters to territories. Only characters that you assigned to that territory can be used in its battles. The amount of territory points you earn from battles depends on the power of the units you assign to a territory.
    @SalduRey

Are you sure (that TP gained from battled is effected by the TP you earned from deployment)?

My first thought would be they are not directly related like that but indirectly.... AKA you can only use the deployed toons to complete the battles. The battles have a set TP amount (per round), not effected by the TP you earned from deployment.

• I cant understand why CG doesnt give more control to the guilds. Put a maximum and minimum time limit of 3 days, but let the guilds decide when to open phases (this goes for haat too). If a guild crushes tb in 3 hours, great. But just make it so they cant re-open the tb for a minimum of 3 days. Allow the guilds to do what they were meant to do.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    We're a little concerned about the 12h windows in our guild as well, having long time members from Europe, US, and Australia. Perhaps it can be changed so a new Phase starts every 12h, but is 24h long? This would mean that two phases are active at once, but only if the last phase got 1* by the time 12h was up. As an example:
    • 6am Fri: Phase 1 starts (P1)
    • 6pm Fri: P2 starts (P2+P1)
    • 6am Sat: P3 starts, P1 ends (P2+P3)
    • 6pm Sat: P4 starts, P2 ends (P3+P4)
    • 6am Sun: P5 starts, P3 ends (P4+P5)
    • 6pm Sun: P6 starts, P4 ends (P5+P6)
    • 6am Mon: P5 ends (P6)
    • 6pm Mon: P6 ends (rewards)

The full battle takes 3.5d. Heroes deployed to the previous phase wouldn't affect deployment in the other active phase. The new phase only starts if there's a star in the previous phase, so failing to get a star delays the rewards by 12h.
    My rationale for this is that players can log in and do 2 phases worth at once without working much about timezone issues or logging in multiple times a day. Granted it's more complicated that the current setup, but I just thought I'd toss it out there just in case. My 2nd vote would be for 15h phases (6am Fri, 9pm Fri, Noon Sat, 3am Sun, 6pm Sun, 9am Mon).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Im a little confused. In the release it stated we would use all characters in TB. Does this mean in Hoth or in TB in general, like if we get a darkside map? Should I level up just the light side toons I don't usually use. Sorry if this is redundant just not sure if people are jumping to conclusions. Thanks
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    What if it can be completed in 5-10 minutes, but you can get some extra rewards based on the amount of time you have to do optional missions? Wouldn't there be some breakdown of rewards that would be able to satisfy you? What if the bonuses only amount to an extra 50% rewards? 20% rewards? They could structure it in a way to make it worthwhile even if you don't have time to spend, but a bit more rewarding if you do.
    At least that's how I'd do it.

This is a really good idea.
  • I don't understand something about territory battles. One statement stated using your entire roster and then I read another statement saying you need light side characters. So does that mean dark side characters will not be used? Most of the pictures show rebels fighting snowtroopers...
  • I don't understand something about territory battles. One statement stated using your entire roster and then I read another statement saying you need light side characters. So does that mean dark side characters will not be used? Most of the pictures show rebels fighting snowtroopers...

So to unlock the stars per phase of territory battles you will use your whole roster, but within the phases there will be other little missions that you participate in, in those battles you will need to use specific toons, mostly light and rebels for this map it seems.
  • Thank you sir! I have alot of DS toons which is why I was asking.

I think the key paragraph here is :

Combat Missions have special requirements for which units to use. Most commonly they require Light Side Characters or Rebel Characters, but sometimes even a specific unit. These missions also provide stat bonuses for some units that are important to Hoth and Rebels.

So you CAN use your other characters for other missions, but for some, you will need specific units - this is where the LS /Rebels part comes in. Basically, it means a LOT of work for Guild officers and leadership to make sure the right people deploy in the right places (and at the right times!). Hope this helps.
  • Yes. It does. Thank you.
  • And the key sentence is this one:

"Most commonly they require Light Side Characters or Rebel Characters, but sometimes even a specific unit."

I think the posters of the videos only know as much as we do, really.

Reading closely, this doesn't preclude being able to use DS toons. It just means the plurality precludes DS toons. Mist could just be supplying his interpretation of this sentence.

Maybe we won't fight with DS toons. Maybe it'll just be veers/snowT/whoever. Maybe it'll be LS on the left side of the map and DS on the right side.

It simply isn't clear yet. grr.
  • Davius
    432 posts Member
    Ipoopsy2 wrote: »
    Ipoopsy2 wrote: »
    Phelynor wrote: »
    I think 12 hour time periods is and was a great idea because no matter where in the world you live, no one i know sleeps 12 hours and therefore will be able to participate twice daily. If you sleep 8 hours, then you might be restricted to 4 hours to play for that particular phase. This is a far cry from the flash events where you have to check each hour.

I say well done with the 12 hour time periods!

You're not thinking of the big picture, aka WORK! Yes, some people work for a living. 99% of the P2P players work during those 6am-6pm hours. And work involves waking up, getting ready, driving, working, coming home, etc.

Actually you're not. People have different odds time working. 12 hrs is sufficient. You assume people have a 9-5 job, but everyone have a different work schedules.

Plus, TB might take like a few mins to finished for each players...guess you haven't considered that in your "bigger picture"...

Actually, I am. If anyone works odd times, it's me. I work off of a modified DuPont schedule of 12 hour shifts: 7 nights on, 3 days off, 3 days on, 7 days off, 4 days on, 4 days off, rinse & repeat. My workday starts at 5:30pm on nights and 5:30am on days. The bigger picture I discussed still holds true for me, and likely for the super majority of players here. You're certainly one of the oddballs (in more ways than one).

If it's that rough to you, you sure have a lot of time posting online when you should be using that time to to play TB when it's out.

And FYI, I have two jobs and a family and I still can make time to play.

Apparently, the world's #1 Mr. Mom isn't even affected regardless of times, so why does it matter to you that others are? Moving on...

Well well well, it doesn't appear you can even meet your payout commitment in Arena. Quit trolling.

IMG_8695.png

giphy.gif
  • "Most commonly they require Light Side Characters or Rebel Characters, but sometimes even a specific unit."
    "Most commonly" is not "always". So this sentence makes it clear that some missions (very few) will require dark side toons, or will leave freedom to decide which toons to use (light or dark side, or mixed).
  • #NerdGasm
  • I know you can't please everyone, but please help me understand how there are ALREADY complaints about the gameplay. It hasn't even been released for crying out loud.
  • Waez wrote: »
    Well, whales will have a good time with those exclusive toons and will keep the upper hand in Arena with G12.

This will only fracture the playerbase even more, and will destroy guilds internally.

It
    I'm glad we got content, but I would have preferred a new Raid, or something different from these Territory Battles.
    I would rather ship battles like LS DS ones that I could do all by my lonesome at a time of my choosing. Or pretty much anything I could do ALONE!
  • anyone know when TBs are being previewed today at gamescon on EA.com today? i have 0 interest in sitting through this crap watching need for speed, sims, fifa, etc.
  • Reinhardt wrote: »
    I lean more towards light side / rebel toons but I was disappointed to see that the advantages actually leans that way. It puts people who focused more on dark side at a disadvantage.

I went over to the dark side a while ago in both arenas & improved in both. So yeah not good for me.
  • Iyaoyas wrote: »
    Waez wrote: »
    Well, whales will have a good time with those exclusive toons and will keep the upper hand in Arena with G12.

This will only fracture the playerbase even more, and will destroy guilds internally.

It's clear the game is steering away from the "casual" approach it initially had.
    Now, more structured and organized guilds will stay ahead while people who can't dedicate 3 hours a day to a mobile game will lag behind, unable to catch up.

I'm glad we got content, but I would have preferred a new Raid, or something different from these Territory Battles.

Get out what you put in. Simple as that. Why should someone who plays more be penalized for people that don't?

Actually, the base rewards are flat, it says so in the rewards section. There are special rewards for people who have CLS and work towards the other toons.

Yep so I will be penalised by the slackers in my guild who don't even do any guild activities & don't get 600 daily as it is.
  • Iyaoyas wrote: »
    Waez wrote: »

It's clear the game is steering away from the "casual" approach it initially had.
    Now, more structured and organized guilds will stay ahead while people who can't dedicate 3 hours a day to a mobile game will lag behind, unable to catch up.

Get out what you put in. Simple as that. Why should someone who plays more be penalized for people that don't?

Actually, the base rewards are flat, it says so in the rewards section. There are special rewards for people who have CLS and work towards the other toons.

Yep so I will be penalised by the slackers in my guild who don't even do any guild activities & don't get 600 daily as it is.

In preparation for TB, we've been getting rid of slackers and bringing in stronger, more active players. Our newest requirement is that they have CLS, and they have to start working towards gearing the Hoth twins.

https://swgoh.gg/g/5057/hd-wolfpack/
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • In preparation for TB, we've been getting rid of slackers and bringing in stronger, more active players. Our newest requirement is that they have CLS, and they have to start working towards gearing the Hoth twins, as you can see in our guild link below:

https://swgoh.gg/g/5057/hd-wolfpack/
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Ansroff wrote: »
    I know you can't please everyone, but please help me understand how there are ALREADY complaints about the gameplay. It hasn't even been released for crying out loud.
    Well, there are some valid concerns about things like the length of phases. Then the length of the event as a whole, since that's predicated on length of phase.

The rest is a lot of concerns about needing characters that they haven't needed before while also complaining that those now useful characters are still useless while now being used for things. The crux of it is that territory battles represent having to look at the game in a new way and the people who benefitted from the old way (focus on arena meta first then raid teams then ignore everything that isn't meta) are bent out of shape because they have to do something new and different.

I'd also say there are some concerns about how complicated this sounds. I think it'll be pretty straightforward once we get our hands on it, but because they're describing something we've never seen, we're all having some trouble understanding everything right now.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Instead of making the community guess and argue, they should have released this info with their own internal gameplay videos. While that's obviously coming, what's better than creating chaos with mandating when we play. Great start! :D
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Hmmmm ... I don't get it. Thanks for information, though.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Ansroff wrote: »
    I know you can't please everyone, but please help me understand how there are ALREADY complaints about the gameplay. It hasn't even been released for crying out loud.
    Well, there are some valid concerns about things like the length of phases. Then the length of the event as a whole, since that's predicated on length of phase.

This is my primary concern - not just for myself, but for guildies and others. They give us 48 hours for raids. 24 for most other events (Assault Battles, Omega Battles, etc.). And yet for what many think is supposed to be a (pardon the pun) game-changer of an event where we "must bring the strength of our entire collections to take over strategic landmarks and ward off the Imperial forces..." and "work together to conquer Territories on a map by participating in a variety of missions on that Territory, including Deployment, Combat Missions, Special Missions, and Platoon Missions." Yet with all of these seemingly complicated and varied aspects, we are given a narrow window (and, if your Guild Leader lives in another country and you work, have responsibilities, etc. possibly a VERY narrow window) to accomplish these various tasks.

While it's true, we don't know the specifics, how much time it will actually take, etc., one of two things is true of these 12 hour windows and Territory Battles:

Either:

1) We will have a great many varying tasks to accomplish and the afore mentioned very narrow window to accomplish them. This would also make it extremely difficult on international guilds or members who have work schedules with longer shifts. This is only exacerbated by the fact that the in-game guild chat looks/functions like something out of 1990's.

Or

2) The Territory Battles are actually very simple and so there really isn't much "playable" content, so the narrow window isn't a big deal, as it's just a few clicks and maybe an "auto". If this is the case, than TB is really a whole lot of hype for nothing.

One of the two above is likely true. Both create concerns (although point 2 would simply be annoying).

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*