Territory Battle Overview [MEGA]

Replies

• Jinks wrote: »
    Sad day for Dark Side. It's confirmed as an all good guy event via the datamine of the hotfix. Dark Side is riding the bench. I could rant but what's the point. They should change the elder Kenobi's last name to Dover.

I agree. It totally sucks that dark side is being ignored. Most of the missions from what I have read need 3*, 6*, and 7* rebels. At this point they should just make a seperate game where dark side toons are overbalanced and rebels are weaker. I would much rather play that game than this constant rebel theme.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Jinks wrote: »
    Sad day for Dark Side. It's confirmed as an all good guy event via the datamine of the hotfix. Dark Side is riding the bench. I could rant but what's the point. They should change the elder Kenobi's last name to Dover.

I agree. It totally sucks that dark side is being ignored. Most of the missions from what I have read need 3*, 6*, and 7* rebels. At this point they should just make a seperate game where dark side toons are overbalanced and rebels are weaker. I would much rather play that game than this constant rebel theme.

Wow. SO TB attempts to cut my roster and my day in half. Well done.

I'll wait until TB drops to see how this shakes out, but as of now, this is sitting worse with me than mod-gate and pre-craft gate. It's really kind of sad, as there had been some solid good will built up over the past few months. I love Star Wars....but not enough to be jerked around like that.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Yeah, whoever made this call of 3*, 6* and 7* Rebels (if true) just has to move on to a different game.
    I mean, using mostly Light Side was already bad, but requiring Rebels? What the heck, man.
    What about the people who invested in Jedis as their main focus? Or Resistance? Or any non rebel for that matter?
    He/her just gets the shaft?
    I'm actually glad they announced this before release, I hope they can realise that, AS IS, Territory Battle will be a huge disappointment, and change things accordingly.
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    What if soon after Imperial Invasion was launched, 'Hoth Defence' was launched and you got to attack the Rebel base on Hoth as an Imperial, with all the bonuses that DS toons would bring?
    Would be quite amazing if you looked at the Holo table each week or TB cycle and said this week we will Invade/Defend.
  • Ceodoc wrote: »
    What if soon after Imperial Invasion was launched, 'Hoth Defence' was launched and you got to attack the Rebel base on Hoth as an Imperial, with all the bonuses that DS toons would bring?
    Would be quite amazing if you looked at the Holo table each week or TB cycle and said this week we will Invade/Defend.
    I would not be surprised at this, in fact, I am anticipating it. I can see that when flipped, getting the AT-AT would be the advantage for the Empire, as the Ion Cannon is for Rebels.

Rinse and repeat, with the other factions. Seperatists vs Galactic Republic, and First Order vs Resistance.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • What about the actual release?
    Every post from devs says " soon or very soon "
    But then it could be another month?
    Why not give us some sort of idea as to when it will start?
    Only reason I can think of is they don't know when.
    It's very big change and it's not complete.
    If they said that, I would appreciate the honesty.
    But instead it's just every time game restarts I'm wondering today?
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    What about the actual release?
    Every post from devs says " soon or very soon "
    But then it could be another month?
    Why not give us some sort of idea as to when it will start?
    Only reason I can think of is they don't know when.
    It's very big change and it's not complete.
    If they said that, I would appreciate the honesty.
    But instead it's just every time game restarts I'm wondering today?

Well, for once I think you can take the very soon literally. I think on Monday a load of the you tubers are off to EA HQ to have a play through, not beta testing, to have a play through. And despite signing whatever NDA or soul selling they will do to take part, once you let the 'public' see your **** it does not stay disclosed for much longer after that.
    So I would say Monday they see the prize, they are allowed to post some you tube through that week leading up to a 1st week of September release.
    Also the release of the packs are quite telling, guildies thought that we would be given time to develop the pack toons, but that is counter to sales, nothing sells a pack quite like a 'the content you need the pack for is super hot out now' release.
    So hedging I am going to bet a ton of credits 7th Sept release.
    Doc
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Ceodoc wrote: »
    I would not be surprised at this, in fact, I am anticipating it. I can see that when flipped, getting the AT-AT would be the advantage for the Empire, as the Ion Cannon is for Rebels.

Rinse and repeat, with the other factions. Seperatists vs Galactic Republic, and First Order vs Resistance.

Yes, but what is the lag time in between? So the DS flip happens when...in October? December? Then how long until the other factions? 2018? "Oh wait, no territory battles this month - we are doing a Tusken/ Jawa pass!!!" "Not this month either - there is a special movie character we're making available- it's Maz Month!" Uggghhh....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Someone in my guild noted that your Galactic Power only is impacted once you get a character above lvl 53 and gear7. Any truth to this? Or does any character, regardless of rank and level, impact it?
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Yes, but what is the lag time in between? So the DS flip happens when...in October? December? Then how long until the other factions? 2018? "Oh wait, no territory battles this month - we are doing a Tusken/ Jawa pass!!!" "Not this month either - there is a special movie character we're making available- it's Maz Month!" Uggghhh....

Depends if your glass is half full, or half empty I guess?
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    Someone in my guild noted that your Galactic Power only is impacted once you get a character above lvl 53 and gear7. Any truth to this? Or does any character, regardless of rank and level, impact it?

Nope, have been spending resources on 1-20lvl toons today and raised GP by 10k.
  • Someone in my guild noted that your Galactic Power only is impacted once you get a character above lvl 53 and gear7. Any truth to this? Or does any character, regardless of rank and level, impact it?

@TheXBoarder g7 is when you unlock protection, which provides a large (largest?) % power boost to your character. L53 is generally enough to allow you to reach g7. All characters do indeed impact your Galactic Power, but at L1g1 they do not add much. That g7 tier marks the point where your characters begin have significant power levels of their own.
  • I stopped reading after it said that well be using light side toons to ward off the imperials.... Why even have a dark side in this game anymore when the Rebels you release are so broken? You do realize the imperials won on Hoth right?
    So dumb.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.
  • I agree with those who think TB will begin "very soon". The rebel packs are probably giving us a time frame (less than 24 days, probably half that time). The same happened with the CLS packs, they were there during the event so that people had the temptation to buy. The fact that Hoth scout and soldier are "featured" on the expensive packs makes me think they will be required, at least for some missions. So the TB will start while the packs are still in the shop, so that people feel the urge to buy them for the Hoth guys.
  • Tedbeast wrote: »
    I stopped reading after it said that well be using light side toons to ward off the imperials.... Why even have a dark side in this game anymore when the Rebels you release are so broken? You do realize the imperials won on Hoth right?
    So dumb.

The Imperials technically won on Yavin 4 as well. True, they suffered a devastating loss of the Death Star, but they still drove the Rebels off the moon when the rest of the fleet arrived. If they had actually lost, the Rebels would not have scampered off to Hoth.
    None of which matters anyway. This game is a holotable simulator, and the Territory Battles will be set in the Hoth environment with some of the features you saw in the film (e.g. ion cannon). But don't make the mistake of assuming TB is a re-enactment of the Imperial attack on Hoth from ESB, because it is not.
  • "Winning" a battle is an arbitrary declaration. Lots of battles have both sides declaring victory. Phyrrus declared victory and then also declared that one more victory like that and he'd be utterly ruined. Likewise, there are battles that are tactical victories on the field, like pushing the Rebels off Hoth, but strategic defeats, like the Rebels successfully escaping Hoth intact to continue fighting. What'd the Empire get after the battle? A big ball of resorceless ice.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Should have weaponized the wampas.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

I partially agree with your pessimism. I have those thoughts too.

BUT this is the first go-round of TB. I want to believe that they're going to fix all the glitches, "unfair RNG" stuff, and analyze the player data (playing, participation, and packs bought), before changing all the stuff that's required to make it an Empire Campaign. With thousands playing, I'm sure the forum is going to light up with "glitch here", "glitch there", "thing over here causes my _____ to crash", etc etc etc.

That way, they have 2 templates to use for other factions.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

What, you don't like the 6-12 month content development cycle? Decades of enjoyment to be had this way.
  • @CG_Carrie and @CG_Kozispoon
    I appreciate you taking a look at the 12 hour phase times. There've been some good suggestions in this thread I hope you'll take a look at (allowing 24 hrs to complete 2 phases at our own pace seemed most reasonable to me).

A lot of people here have talked around it, but here's the big question in my mind: How often will this TB occur? Once a week? Once a month? Based on guild coins earned like Pit and HAAT?
    If gear 12 is locked behind these TB's and they only play once a month... that's a whole new level to the gear grind wall. Plus, this seems to be the only way to unlock Cpt. Organa and Hermit Yoda... so we'll have to make a choice there as well, gear or toons.

One last thing, 7* Cpt. Solo seems to be a required toon in at least one of these battles. I assume we'll have an event to unlock him before TB's happen? Or will he be behind a paywall so only Whale guilds will be able to complete that battle?
  • Jinks
    50 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    What's a shame is the content, mechanically and strategically looks pretty cool. Would have been nice to play it but I can't take the Dark Side abuse anymore. I used to be pretty balanced but the wildly imbalanced Chaze combo sent me to the Dark Side. They seemed so cheap and everyone was using them so I had to be different and try to beat them using the baddies. It was a difficult but rewarding adventure. The favoritism towards Light Side continued but each time I had the chance to retool my Dark Side roster and find a solution. It's been very fun. But now, it comes to an end. I can't even use my hard earned team. To be sure there will probably be a flip of the map. However 2 problems:

1. With all of the angst on DS why can't they just say it will happen and give a rough ballpark figure of when
    2. They have a horrible track record with intervals between major releases. One could hope this time is different but the evidence up to now says otherwise

I don't want to hope that they will make it right. I want them to give some evidence. Silence tells all. On that note my journey has come to an end. Thanks for the good experiences but you folks are mercilessly cruel with your design direction and information hoarding. I admire your business acumen and your cash flow but your treatment of your customers is heartless. Good luck in the battles to come.
  • Why does everyone think the Dark side gets no love? Seems like everyone is forgetting about Nihilus, Krennic, Thrawn, DT the Empire and Trooper faction reworks. Not to mention, there are only about 4 to 5 amazing rebels out of 27, the rest are junk and hardly used. And the chaze meta is practically over.
  • Jinks
    50 posts Member
    Rebels = 30 + 2 or 3 imminent (Hermit Yoda?)
    Empire = 15

Rebel Arena participants:

R2, Leia, Raid Han, CLS, Ezra, Biggs, Wedge, Baze, Chirrut, Fulcrum, Jyn on occasion= 10.5

Empire Arena participants:

Thrawn, Death Trooper, Vader, Shore, Palp, occasionally Krennic, Tarkin, Tie Fighter Pilot = 6.5

Not even close by a long shot

If you argue Dark vs Light it's still lopsided but the factions are important because of synergy. Rebels have far more available synergistic combos because they have more toons to tinker with.

Any way you look at it it's tough sledding for the Empire. Which is ok. I like a challenge. What is not ok is after doing the hard work, being told I can't use them. That is adding insult to injury.
  • LukeDukem8
    607 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    My argument was dark side, but if you want to go empire that's cool too. They just finished an entire rework of ANH rebels just this month that made 3 of the 10.5 viable in arena. By your count that would have been 7.5 to 6.5 less than a month ago. How is that "not even close"?
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Rebels = 30 + 2 or 3 imminent (Hermit Yoda?)
    Empire = 15

Rebel Arena participants:

R2, Leia, Raid Han, CLS, Ezra, Biggs, Wedge, Baze, Chirrut, Fulcrum, Jyn on occasion= 10.5

Empire Arena participants:

Thrawn, Death Trooper, Vader, Shore, Palp, occasionally Krennic, Tarkin, Tie Fighter Pilot = 6.5

Not even close by a long shot

If you argue Dark vs Light it's still lopsided but the factions are important because of synergy. Rebels have far more available synergistic combos because they have more toons to tinker with.

Any way you look at it it's tough sledding for the Empire. Which is ok. I like a challenge. What is not ok is after doing the hard work, being told I can't use them. That is adding insult to injury.

Plus arena is only limited to 5 toons anyway... I don't care if Jedi have 15 toons, when only 1 of them is the best tank of the game.

People seems to forget all the Zaul complains...
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    The game reflects what is in the movies and tv shows. There are far more named light side characters, stories evolve mostly around rebels and in the end the rebels defeat the empire. Only normal that this makes its way into the game.
    Post edited by Delmon_Ciiidrr on
  • Will you make guild chats no longer unavailable for some players, because now more than ever will guild cooperation be absolutely vital?

How is guild chat unavailable to members? I have not seen that unless there is an issue where everyone has a problem with the chat or the person is having WiFi issues.

When I started the game my age was not of the age requirements for the game, so some features like changing your name and guild chat are disabled for me
  • Yeah, whoever made this call of 3*, 6* and 7* Rebels (if true) just has to move on to a different game.
    I mean, using mostly Light Side was already bad, but requiring Rebels? What the heck, man.
    What about the people who invested in Jedis as their main focus? Or Resistance? Or any non rebel for that matter?
    He/her just gets the shaft?
    I'm actually glad they announced this before release, I hope they can realise that, AS IS, Territory Battle will be a huge disappointment, and change things accordingly.

Simple, whole company did this. Cash Grabers are hard rebel fanboys and they never allow anyone else to overcome their rebels, even other LS factions cant be better/more useful.

I don't want to hope that they will make it right. I want them to give some evidence. Silence tells all. On that note my journey has come to an end. Thanks for the good experiences but you folks are mercilessly cruel with your design direction and information hoarding. I admire your business acumen and your cash flow but your treatment of your customers is heartless. Good luck in the battles to come.

Please, do not give up, we have to stick together and fight this rebel favoritism.
    Even if I had to be the last DS player I would never fall to this rebel plague.

The game reflects what is in the movies and tv shows. There are far more named light side characters, stories evolve mostly around rebels and in the end the rebels defeat the empire. Only normal that this makes its way into the game.

And that must be the reason for the rebels to be OP?
    Yes, there are more LS characters than DS characters, but that's not a reason for the LS chars to be stronger. Even so, both sides could be balanced.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Algeroth wrote: »
    And that must be the reason for the rebels to be OP?
    Yes, there are more LS characters than DS characters, but that's not a reason for the LS chars to be stronger. Even so, both sides could be balanced.

There are strong ls characters but as there are for ds. Ther were plenty of nerf DN and also GAT requests. And those two are awesome and deliver mechanics that are not avaiable on LS. You can have a completely viable DS arena team. As there are more toons on ls there are more options avaiable, but it is far from unbalanced. We had droid meta and zMaul meta and the same complaints of them being unbalanced showed up but in the long term it will even out.

That being said I don't like the Territory Battles are LS only when i comes to actual fights. There may be reasons for this from CGs point of view but at this point a little bit hard to understand.
  • We have a date of sorts.
    We at least know the very longest we will have to wait is 20 more days.
    The pack for territory battles ends then.
    They have never stopped selling a pack before the event starts.
    Many people will want to see event before they get the pack so u can just about be sure it's less than 20 days from now