Hermit Yoda Arena Gameplay Unveiling!

AhnaldT101
140 posts Member
edited August 2017
Hey guys!

Yoda has come out of hiding and will be arriving to the game soon! I managed to capture some footage of Hermit Yoda in action with some arena gameplay I captured while visiting Capital Games (SWGOH's HQ).

Some quick facts about Hermit Yoda:
  • Has NO damage dealing attacks
  • Has numerous healing abilities/healing equalization abilities that also top off your protection
  • Will really take your Jedi to the next level with his Master's Training bonus which he grants
  • Will be farmable in the new shipments that is launching alongside Territory Battles

Hope you enjoy the video and stay tuned for a video coming out 12PM CST tomorrow showcasing Territory Battles! It'll be a comprehensive video telling you everything you need to know in preparation for its release!

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yt1a_WfK98&lc=z22jx1fzowapg1hueacdp432l5xdqyhx2qv4ukfqj2hw03c010c

EDIT:

Link to the official dev post if you would like to read Hermit Yoda's kit!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127289/character-strategy-hermit-yoda/p1?new=1
Post edited by AhnaldT101 on

Replies

• Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks matey!

Love the change that heal over time over chirrut is just one icon with a number over it!
  • Nice, too bad I cant watch the video right now.
    Devs might as well just make a post with his abilities.
    Please
    ?
  • Chequerdz
    20 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I see that the HoT are now added as a number instead as additional icon, this is helpful since before you could not see the characters behind that long line of HoT :smile:
  • Nice, too bad I cant watch the video right now.
    Please
    ?

It's in the characters section now.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127289/character-strategy-hermit-yoda#latest
  • dsteve wrote: »
    Nice, too bad I cant watch the video right now.
    Please
    ?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127289/character-strategy-hermit-yoda#latest

Oh, great, thanks bud.
  • Sickest support ever.
  • Thanks matey!

Love the change that heal over time over chirrut is just one icon with a number over it!
    Chequerdz wrote: »
    I see that the HoT are now added as a number instead as additional icon, this is helpful since before you could not see the characters behind that long line of HoT :smile:

Yup it is a great QoL update that they are planning on releasing. A much needed improvement for sure.
    dsteve wrote: »
    Nice, too bad I cant watch the video right now.
    Please
    ?

Thanks for linking the dev post!

ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Sickest support ever.

Yeah he is gonna be bonkers I think!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Very excited about this. Looks like I very cool kit
  • I wonder, if you run Yoda under a GK lead... and use Ezra to pull him as assist, will that cause everybody at full health to assist? As well as get a 10% heal and a TM buff?
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    I wonder, if you run Yoda under a GK lead... and use Ezra to pull him as assist, will that cause everybody at full health to assist? As well as get a 10% heal and a TM buff?

Probably cant call him assist.
    I wonder, if you run Yoda under a GK lead... and use Ezra to pull him as assist, will that cause everybody at full health to assist? As well as get a 10% heal and a TM buff?

Nope, because the leader ability states a special ability and Yoda uses a basic
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Acrofales wrote: »

Probably cant call him assist.

You can, he does in the video
  • Riffinator wrote: »

But Ezra, in effect, called a "team healing special ability"... Yoda used a basic, but it was part of Ezra's special >:)
    Riffinator wrote: »

But Ezra, in effect, called a "team healing special ability"... Yoda used a basic, but it was part of Ezra's special >:)

I mean..... you got me there
  • Glad I accidentally clicked the art & media subforum. Interesting character that guy is. Too bad I'm primarily dark side
  • @AhnaldT101

So, quickly gotta ask again since you never replied to my Youtube comment:
    Won't gear 12 make all your amazing in-depth reviews... kinda pointless?
  • @AhnaldT101

I thought I replied to someone about this awhile ago but it is a question a lot have been asking. It is something you can't really avoid except not making videos on it. A lot of my in-depth reviews were made even before every character had G11. Then AAT raid gear became a thing. Then reworks etc etc.. Character stat rankings can change in a week alone. Game changes a lot so I can either just not make videos on them, not go "in-depth" on them and show gameplay, or just keep on making videos and letting the old ones become outdated when things change since you can't avoid a video like the current formula from becoming obsolete.

I've been doing a lot of thinking regarding the future of in-depth reviews and whether to keep doing them or do them but in a different fashion.

Hope that answers your question!
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »

Ezra's special doesn't heal anyone. It calls an assist and then ends there. In response, HYoda uses a basic ability, and that in turn heals everyone, but doesn't proc the Kenobi effect since the ability that caused the healing to occur was a basic ability.

This was very well thought out. HYoda was intended to be great, not broken.
  • AhnaldT101 wrote: »
    @AhnaldT101

I thought I replied to someone about this awhile ago but it is a question a lot have been asking. It is something you can't really avoid except not making videos on it. A lot of my in-depth reviews were made even before every character had G11. Then AAT raid gear became a thing. Then reworks etc etc.. Character stat rankings can change in a week alone. Game changes a lot so I can either just not make videos on them, not go "in-depth" on them and show gameplay, or just keep on making videos and letting the old ones become outdated when things change since you can't avoid a video like the current formula from becoming obsolete.

I've been doing a lot of thinking regarding the future of in-depth reviews and whether to keep doing them or do them but in a different fashion.

Hope that answers your question!

Thanks man!
    First:
    Awesome work in videos, keep memeing
    Second: If that girl was named Izzy and had a anime profile pic, I never got a reply
    Third: You're awesome
  • Torin_Woodle
    464 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Great video! Did you also happen to get gameplay of him in raids and him escaping in any battle? Cause a couple of guild mates and I are just curious as to see how that would work.
  • Off topic...buuuut, no one mentioned the "2" over chirrut's hots at 4:55. Finally.
  • Off topic...buuuut, no one mentioned the "2" over chirrut's hots at 4:55. Finally.

I think that means more than 1 heal overtime effects, meaning they merge into 1 and the numbers appear after there are more than 1 active on that unit.

I think that means more than 1 heal overtime effects, meaning they merge into 1 and the numbers appear after there are more than 1 active on that unit.

Yes, that is exactly what it means. "Finally" was for my relief of finally getting this changed.

Yes, that is exactly what it means. "Finally" was for my relief of finally getting this changed.

Ok, didn't know
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Awesome vid