Character Strategy-Hermit Yoda

Replies

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Looks like there will be a better range of teams that are top notch. Next phase might be better ways to apply healing immunity?
  • I noticed another thing on Ahnald's video, Buffs of the same kind are now Stackable!
  • Fanatic wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Varlie wrote: »
    Unique Ability – In Exile:
    • Yoda gains Stealth for 2 turns at the start of encounter, and has +100% Evasion while Stealthed. When there are no active allies, Yoda escapes from the battle.

Does "Can't be evaded" like Han's basic override 100% Evasion while stealthed?

Doesn't matter how much evasion you have if it can't be evaded. It'll hit.

It also doesn't matter how much "can't be evaded" you have, when the target can't be targeted due to stealth.

Well it also means that AOEs will be evaded.
  • Fanatic wrote: »
    • Yoda gains Stealth for 2 turns at the start of encounter, and has +100% Evasion while Stealthed. When there are no active allies, Yoda escapes from the battle.

It also doesn't matter how much "can't be evaded" you have, when the target can't be targeted due to stealth.

Except for R2's
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Looks like a better version of Barriss...
  • As I predicted, Kermit is not a rebel. Good and logical decision.
    Is he the only toon in the game who doesn't attack at all?
  • As I predicted, Kermit is not a rebel. Good and logical decision.
    As I predicted, Kermit is not a rebel. Good and logical decision.

Why would he be a rebel lol?
    And yes he is, currently.(I mean JE throws detonators and doesn't do a normal attack, but I don't count this as "not attacking")
  • Varlie wrote: »

Yep!
    DatBoi wrote: »
    ...And some specifics on "escape" would be appreciated (especially in arena). If he escapes, is the battle a draw? How does that work in different game modes?

What happens to Hermit Yoda after he escapes can change depending on the game mode
    • Arena- Loss
    • Raids- Loss, but Yoda remains available to use in future attempts
    • Galactic War- Available to use if he escapes

TLDR- Hermit Yoda's escape is mechanically the same as the "Escape" button in raids, just triggered automatically.

I just want to reiterate that it will be "Defeat" not a "Draw".

That is correct right Kozi?
  • Finally the jedi get an OP toon! And no one say GK cuz he is plug and play and can be used anywhere.
  • zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Fanatic wrote: »

Except for R2's

R2, Sabine, Palpatine's heal, Zam and Greedo detonators would also work i gues.

Best way to deal with Yoda ? Just hide tons of thermal detonators everywhere in his jungle and nuke everything alive. ^ ^
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited August 2017
    Neegan wrote: »

Yep!
    ...And some specifics on "escape" would be appreciated (especially in arena). If he escapes, is the battle a draw? How does that work in different game modes?

What happens to Hermit Yoda after he escapes can change depending on the game mode
    • Arena- Loss

TLDR- Hermit Yoda's escape is mechanically the same as the "Escape" button in raids, just triggered automatically.

I've added an escape table at the bottom of the strategy post for easier reference. Cheers!

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Neat. I know it's just a holotable simulation, but I must recall a quote from Hermit Yoda: "A jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense. Never for attack." Yet Master's Training sends his friends to attack. Seems out of character. Other than that though, very neat.
    +50% accuracy ... Jedi teams needed this so very much to combat Maul leads. I might actually build a jedi team now.
  • Neegan wrote: »

Yep!

• Arena- Loss

I've added an escape table at the bottom of the strategy post for easier reference. Cheers!

So, if i'm in arena and fight a team with yoda, and i leave him for the final, that team will be defeated and i win?
  • Exciting character. And I'm not a fan of weak or in this case non attacking characters. Seems the lack of an attack is far outweighed by what he brings to the table. Good job putting this one together, development team
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hermit Yoda
    NOTE- Keen eyed Holotable heroes have spied that sweet buff stacking in some of the gifs and videos circulating over this release. This will not be implemented in game when Territory Battles go live, but please consider it a sneak peek of things to come for the future!

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Super speed on this guy and a GK lead is really scary imo
  • guidaki wrote: »

Yep!

• Arena- Loss

So, if i'm in arena and fight a team with yoda, and i leave him for the final, that team will be defeated and i win?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.
  • These same toons with different skins and kits should have a restriction built in with them, so you dont end up people playing with 3 hans, 2 lukes, 2 yodas, etc. etc etc.
    Does anybody agree with this at all or is it just me?
  • Man I am so hyped for hermit Yoda! I'm holding out hope for some alternate versions of dark side characters :) a new crazy OP Vader would be a dream
  • Man I am so hyped for hermit Yoda! I'm holding out hope for some alternate versions of dark side characters :) a new crazy OP Vader would be a dream

They just need to give Vader a Unique and another Zeta. He's pretty awesome as is, but yeah, needs a boost for sure.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • evoluza wrote: »

Yep!

• Arena- Loss

What do you not unterstand when she says "loss"? It's defeat before you ask again

Because a Draw is a "Loss" on offense, and as we all know when dealing with this game, incorrect wording can change the intended outcome.
  • @CG_Kozispoon

I have no problem with him being flagged as a Jedi.

That said, what was the justification for giving him additional Jedi synergy on his first two skills?

He was as the name implies >>> a hermit <<<.

In this stage of his life he had no interaction with anyone other than Luke (in the CLS incarnate), R2, and Ghost Ben (sure to be the dodgiest toon ever released). If the character was going to have additional synergy through his skills, it should have been with the aforementioned characters and not dead jedi.
  • Wacka
    22 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    All other Jedi are dead at this point. I assume Hermit Yoda (Hoda for short) spent all his time talking with lots of dead Jedi before Luke crashed in the swamp.

After all, Hoda was not the least bit surprised when Dead Ben started talking to him
  • Geoclarķ884
    28 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    What happens with say SRP if he's given Masters Training but yoda is killed first? Since he won't lose the buff per the description. Will he lose it if revived?
  • evoluza wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »

Yep!

• Arena- Loss

What do you not unterstand when she says "loss"? It's defeat before you ask again

Because a Draw is a "Loss" on offense, and as we all know when dealing with this game, incorrect wording can change the intended outcome.

Win is win, loss is loss and draw is draw...
    I don't get this at all

What don't you get @evoluza
    Win means you won the battle, your rank goes up(unless you're in first place, obviously).
    Defeat means you lost the battle, your rank doesn't change.
    Draw means neither of you win, both your and his rank don't change(in other words it's a loss for you again).
  • Wait, shouldn't his basic trigger GK's leadership and call people to assist? Since it is a heal is it not? In the videos I watched this wasnt the case?
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Basilisk wrote: »
    Wait, shouldn't his basic trigger GK's leadership and call people to assist? Since it is a heal is it not? In the videos I watched this wasnt the case?

Nope GK leader states when a SPECIAL ability heal is used, and yodas is a basic
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."