Character Strategy-Hermit Yoda

Replies

• Riffinator wrote: »
    Basilisk wrote: »
    Wait, shouldn't his basic trigger GK's leadership and call people to assist? Since it is a heal is it not? In the videos I watched this wasnt the case?

Nope GK leader states when a SPECIAL ability heal is used, and yodas is a basic

Ahhh thanks that clears it up.
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Wait, shouldn't his basic trigger GK's leadership and call people to assist? Since it is a heal is it not? In the videos I watched this wasnt the case?

Nope GK leader states when a SPECIAL ability heal is used, and yodas is a basic

Dang, Hermit Yoda just lost cool points
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    What happens with say SRP if he's given Masters Training but yoda is killed first? Since he won't lose the buff per the description. Will he lose it if revived?

Idk who SRPis but yes, he won't come back with the buff.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited August 2017

oops, already answered
  • Keep the Yoda, Ill take the credits in the first pic!
  • zQGJ, both Yodas, GK, and Zariss = best defense team ever? Lol. So much foresight and healing.

Old Ben lead, yoda, yoda zarris and Darth nihilis

Lol
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Any of Hermit's abilities, including basic, would trigger Ackbar's leader right?
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Any of Hermit's abilities, including basic, would trigger Ackbar's leader right?

By his leader description, I would say yes and interesting
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Any of Hermit's abilities, including basic, would trigger Ackbar's leader right?

No way. His basic wouldn't trigger Ackbar

Edit: Oh wait... interesting
  • Ender22 wrote: »

Why not?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • So screw everyone who had invested in Dark Side teams now?
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    What happens if he has retribution or is under imagun di lead?

And some specifics on "escape" would be appreciated (especially in arena). If he escapes, is the battle a draw? How does that work in different game modes?
    It just explained that the battle would end in defeat.

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    VektorT wrote: »
    So screw everyone who had invested in Dark Side teams now?
    Thrawn, zVader, zMaul, nihilus
  • VektorT wrote: »

Seriously the just HAVE to rework a DS to on or two, or arena is going to be stale as hell
  • My first thought is this is cool...

My next thought is I hate this. A character that essentially can't be attacked for the first 2 rounds (and pretty much forever if paired with R2)? And his buff can't be prevented or dispelled? How do you counter him? I don't see any way to deal with him, other than just having an all out better team.
  • Well...at least he isn't a Rebel...yet. Interesting toon...I'd get him just to have him even if don't use. Creepy Yoda is the best!

Think it was more about the fact you can get 3 new lightside from TB and nothing DS. Not until a DS TB comes out at least. Not sure when that'll be though.
  • My question is that if you're facing this team in a PVP and you somehow manage to kill the other four teammates then what does yoda do? Will the AI leave the battle or will you be stuck fighting an unattackable character until time runs out and it becomes a draw?

My question is that if you're facing this team in a PVP and you somehow manage to kill the other four teammates then what does yoda do? Will the AI leave the battle or will you be stuck fighting an unattackable character until time runs out and it becomes a draw?

It's a loss if he retreats in PvP
  • My question is that if you're facing this team in a PVP and you somehow manage to kill the other four teammates then what does yoda do? Will the AI leave the battle or will you be stuck fighting an unattackable character until time runs out and it becomes a draw?

if Yoda is the last character then they lose.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Varlie wrote: »
    Unique Ability – In Exile:
    • Yoda gains Stealth for 2 turns at the start of encounter, and has +100% Evasion while Stealthed. When there are no active allies, Yoda escapes from the battle.

Does "Can't be evaded" like Han's basic override 100% Evasion while stealthed?

Doesn't matter how much evasion you have if it can't be evaded. It'll hit.

It also doesn't matter how much "can't be evaded" you have, when the target can't be targeted due to stealth.

Well it also means that AOEs will be evaded.

Except for R2's

And burning will negate his 100% evasion since it reduces evasion by -500000%
  • zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »

Why not?

Is it triggering Jawa engineer cause i don't think his basic is considered an attack either.
  • My first thought is this is cool...

My next thought is I hate this. A character that essentially can't be attacked for the first 2 rounds (and pretty much forever if paired with R2)? And his buff can't be prevented or dispelled? How do you counter him? I don't see any way to deal with him, other than just having an all out better team.

You'll certainly have to get rid of a GK first anyway. Wait for 2 rounds and focus Yoda next. You'll have to endure a heavily buffed toon though. If one is playing with R2 too it could be a pain to focus Yoda i must admit.

Perhaps Asaji Ventress could be interesting here especially if they rework her in the meanwhile. She would perfectly dispell him, fast enough.

Quite funnily Yoda could fit in a zMaul team, i don't even want to face a buffed zSavage under such lead.
  • ReyCharles
    279 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Makes speed so much more important, while good speed secondaries are increasingly hard to find. You have to be fast enough and hit hard enough to take out GK before Yoda puts the steroid buff on a 2nd toon. I'm lacking in speed as it is, going to likely take the can't beat em... route

Never really wanted to zeta QGJ but looks like that's going to need to happen.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I wonder how many carbantis Hermit Yoda will require even though none of his attacks deal DMG. I'd like to see some battles of this guy to see how he should be handled (ignored or worth attacking?) because I'm interested in how AI plays against him. As many have pointed out, him and Zariss in one team is going to be annoying as hell and Healing Immunity doesn't really stick for much long because of Zariss' abilities to cleanse it. Thrawn + DeathTrooper is a good counter however.
  • The automatic escape does make sense because he never directly attacks enemies, so remaining alone would mean death.... When we will fight him as an enemy, his illegal power may be compensated by the fact that we will have to defeat only 4 enemies....
  • Yeah, this is pretty funny though. A team with 2 Lukes, 2 Yodas and a young Obi Wan.
    Too weird for my taste, but Im sure it will come.

It'll be funny when JKA, CLS, and Jedi Rey are in the same team wielding the same lightsaber.
  • @CG_Kozispoon I noticed in the hermit yoda reveal videos that under GK lead when yoda does his basic and heals all the jedi (yes they are full health)they are not called to assist, since his basic is a heal shouldn't they all be called to assist due to GK lead?
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Taramel wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon I noticed in the hermit yoda reveal videos that under GK lead when yoda does his basic and heals all the jedi (yes they are full health)they are not called to assist, since his basic is a heal shouldn't they all be called to assist due to GK lead?

@Taramel GK lead asks for Specials. Yoda isn't using a Special to heal, he is using a basic
  • Ah Gotcha, I still think this should qualifiy as it is a team heal that does no dmg. It just isn't a special and its not a passive heal so should count I would think but thats just me.