Character Strategy-Hermit Yoda

124Next

Replies

• EdSolo
    410 posts Member
    Ok, let me see if I understand this correctly:

Say you are in GW with Yoda on your team, your last toon gets killed with Hermit Yoda alive and he escapes and you lose the fight. Yoda is available again, but I assume the other four toons are lost. Could be bad from the retreat standpoint if you are down to Yoda and one other toon and the other toon gets killed before you can retreat.

Now, lets look at facing a team with Hermit Yoda in either GW or Arena. In either mode, if you kill the four other toons before killing Yoda, does that mean he retreats and you win? Does he not retreat and you still have to kill him? Heaven forbid, if he does retreat, does it mean you lose because you didn't kill him? That would be bad enough in arena, but could once again cause all kinds of problems in GW in terms of not being able to retreat and losing toons that you did not want to lose yet.

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    EdSolo wrote: »
    Ok, let me see if I understand this correctly:

Say you are in GW with Yoda on your team, your last toon gets killed with Hermit Yoda alive and he escapes and you lose the fight. Yoda is available again, but I assume the other four toons are lost. Could be bad from the retreat standpoint if you are down to Yoda and one other toon and the other toon gets killed before you can retreat.

Now, lets look at facing a team with Hermit Yoda in either GW or Arena. In either mode, if you kill the four other toons before killing Yoda, does that mean he retreats and you win? Does he not retreat and you still have to kill him? Heaven forbid, if he does retreat, does it mean you lose because you didn't kill him? That would be bad enough in arena, but could once again cause all kinds of problems in GW in terms of not being able to retreat and losing toons that you did not want to lose yet.

If yoda is the only toon left on a team, that team loses. If its a raid or GW, yoda can still be used in other teams
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Taramel wrote: »
    Ah Gotcha, I still think this should qualifiy as it is a team heal that does no dmg. It just isn't a special and its not a passive heal so should count I would think but thats just me.

Yeah, would be cool if something could be worked out there.

But imagine, Zariss heals, calls all other to assist, well Yoda assists with his heal, well that calls everyone again. It would be insane
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »
    What happens with say SRP if he's given Masters Training but yoda is killed first? Since he won't lose the buff per the description. Will he lose it if revived?

Idk who SRPis but yes, he won't come back with the buff.

Scarif Rebel Pathfinder
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »
    What happens with say SRP if he's given Masters Training but yoda is killed first? Since he won't lose the buff per the description. Will he lose it if revived?

Idk who SRPis but yes, he won't come back with the buff.

Scarif Rebel Pathfinder

Oh cool thanks
  • spetsnaztnt
    246 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    What happens if a single Yoda faces a another single Yoda in arena? Do they both escape simultaneously? :tongue: Who wins?
    Can you even enter a battle with only Hermit Yoda?

To clarify, you put Yoda and no one else in your arena team.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    What happens if a single Yoda faces a another single Yoda in arena? Do they both escape simultaneously? :tongue: Who wins?

Can that even happen? I've never seen simultaneous deaths which would cause two yodas to face each other
  • Ender22 wrote: »

Can that even happen? I've never seen simultaneous deaths which would cause two yodas to face each other

I mean if you put Yoda and no one else on your arena team and then someone else battles your team with Yoda and no one else :)
  • Ender22 wrote: »

I mean if you put Yoda and no one else on your arena team and then someone else battles your team with Yoda and no one else :)

It'd probably be a draw- attacker loses basically. Would be awesome though lol
  • Maybe I'm missing something, but unless his base stats are amazing I don't see this being a game changing character. Looks like a fairly weird and complicated kit
  • Maybe I'm missing something, but unless his base stats are amazing I don't see this being a game changing character. Looks like a fairly weird and complicated kit

You are missing a lot, I think. More training, you need
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Maybe I'm missing something, but unless his base stats are amazing I don't see this being a game changing character. Looks like a fairly weird and complicated kit

Imagine a zarriss type character who constantly heals and buffs allies, but can't be targeted
  • So do we have an answer on what happens when
    1) a Master Trained character gets Fractured
    2) a Fractured characteg gets MT?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    So do we have an answer on what happens when
    1) a Master Trained character gets Fractured
    2) a Fractured characteg gets MT?

--Master’s Training: +25% (doubled on Jedi) Accuracy, Defense, Offense, Potency, and Tenacity. Can’t be Dispelled or prevented.

1) MT can't be dispelled.
    2) MT can't be prevented.

• He looks really good. I look forward to having this little guy on my team
  • Why did Hermit Yoda go from 900 to 1350 Guild Event Tokens per 5 shards.

This is unfair to change content which was already put out. Make things easier ok, make it harder and you get angry customers.
  • What are we thinking are going to be optimal Hermit Yoda teams? zQGJ (L) / R2D2 / Hermit Yoda / Ezra / GK? If no GK, Anakin or Old Ben?

GK (L) / R2D2 / Hermit Yoda / Ezra / JKA? Aayla? Would have lots of assists and surviability.

I don't play Jedi so curious what the more experienced players think.
  • Fellas.
    Please.
    Stop saying you are using a "Jedi" team but then you jam R2 in there. A team with 4 jedis + R2 isnt a jedi team, it's a meta team, period.
    The exercise here is building a Jedi team that has only Jedis, jeez.
    People tend to bring this very often "oh but Jedi teams are so strong, they are top 10 material", but they usually forget to say that those compositions always run either CLS or R2D2. Then facts get skewed.
    Jedi teams are composed of only jedis.
  • Oh, and I'll probably swap Hermit Yoda for GM Yoda. Leave the rest to QGJ, Ezra, Aayala and GK.