Territory Battle Overview [MEGA]

Replies

• DrewR
    272 posts Member
    +1 Algeroth
    It is all about business.
  • What u guys think.
    Pack for sell to prep for tb.
    Makes me think tb will for sure start before pack sell expires.
    They want to sell packs and many people would want to see exact toon needed before they buy.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    There's a megathread.

And there are already packs in the store.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • What u guys think.
    They want to sell packs and many people would want to see exact toon needed before they buy.
    So pack ends in 23 days tb should launch few days before that
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    What u guys think.
    So pack ends in 23 days tb should launch few days before that

I think TB will launch much sooner than 2-3 weeks. They want people to panic-buy the packs. That doesn't work as well if you have a lot of time to farm/buy shards for most of the characters available in the pack. The only character that you couldn't focus farm in 3 weeks+ is HRSoldier. And the pack isn't guaranteed to give you him anyway.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I really hope they change the 12hrs to 24hrs. Even if it means redesigning it so that there are only 3 phases rather than 6. or cutting it down to 5 phases for a 5 day timeframe.

12hrs is very bad. especially having a phase landing on a sleep schedule, then getting up and going to work. that pretty much blocks out players from being able to do anything for 1 of the phases.
  • I like the 12 hours.
    6am to 6pm
    Then next 6pm to 6am.
    Maybe I just don't sleep much.
    But I'll never miss a phase
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Ansroff wrote: »
    I know you can't please everyone, but please help me understand how there are ALREADY complaints about the gameplay. It hasn't even been released for crying out loud.
    Well, there are some valid concerns about things like the length of phases. Then the length of the event as a whole, since that's predicated on length of phase.

The rest is a lot of concerns about needing characters that they haven't needed before while also complaining that those now useful characters are still useless while now being used for things. The crux of it is that territory battles represent having to look at the game in a new way and the people who benefitted from the old way (focus on arena meta first then raid teams then ignore everything that isn't meta) are bent out of shape because they have to do something new and different.

I'd also say there are some concerns about how complicated this sounds. I think it'll be pretty straightforward once we get our hands on it, but because they're describing something we've never seen, we're all having some trouble understanding everything right now.

Fair enough. Very well put, thank you.
  • It's still August. I expect TB will drop either tomorrow or next Thursday, 8/31.
  • Algeroth wrote: »
    Yeah, whoever made this call of 3*, 6* and 7* Rebels (if true) just has to move on to a different game.
    I mean, using mostly Light Side was already bad, but requiring Rebels? What the heck, man.
    What about the people who invested in Jedis as their main focus? Or Resistance? Or any non rebel for that matter?
    He/her just gets the shaft?
    I'm actually glad they announced this before release, I hope they can realise that, AS IS, Territory Battle will be a huge disappointment, and change things accordingly.

Simple, whole company did this. Cash Grabers are hard rebel fanboys and they never allow anyone else to overcome their rebels, even other LS factions cant be better/more useful.

Jinks wrote: »

I don't want to hope that they will make it right. I want them to give some evidence. Silence tells all. On that note my journey has come to an end. Thanks for the good experiences but you folks are mercilessly cruel with your design direction and information hoarding. I admire your business acumen and your cash flow but your treatment of your customers is heartless. Good luck in the battles to come.

Please, do not give up, we have to stick together and fight this rebel favoritism.
    Even if I had to be the last DS player I would never fall to this rebel plague.

The game reflects what is in the movies and tv shows. There are far more named light side characters, stories evolve mostly around rebels and in the end the rebels defeat the empire. Only normal that this makes its way into the game.

And that must be the reason for the rebels to be OP?
    Yes, there are more LS characters than DS characters, but that's not a reason for the LS chars to be stronger. Even so, both sides could be balanced.

Amen I will run my sith team forever because I love the lore of the sith going back to Exar Kun bane Marka Ragnos and the very first break where the original Jedi and Sith battle occurred
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    I like the 12 hours.
    6am to 6pm
    Then next 6pm to 6am.

Good for you. Except, for some of us in international guilds, it might be 3am to 3 pm, 12 am to 12 pm and so on. Even now with HAAT and Rancor, a bunch always gets in a 0 hit and cannot participate in zerg every 3rd raid or so. I wonder how many guilds with heavy roster players are truly in a single time zone...
  • Hey can we maybe reconsider the time window for TBs. I get up in the morning go to work and get home right around 6. I would like to be able to participate in this game mode, but you are not exactly making it player friendly. 6am to 6am is the prime work time for most people, consider extending the window to 18 hrs or moving the start time to 10 or 11 am if keeping a 12 hour window.
  • There's a giant megathred with about 100+ topics that say the same thing...don't make your own post about it
  • Sorry didn't see the megathread. They used to sticky to the top.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    Sorry didn't see the megathread. They used to sticky to the top.

And now, you're in it. :wink: no worries.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    Howay let's see some of the you tubers footage, I've got Pilates in 45mins and then I won't have access to social media until maybe even Saturday!*
    Chop chop

*Hoping I get called to work tomorrow just so I have internet.
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    Jinks wrote: »
    Rebels = 30 + 2 or 3 imminent (Hermit Yoda?)
    Empire = 15

Rebel Arena participants:

R2, Leia, Raid Han, CLS, Ezra, Biggs, Wedge, Baze, Chirrut, Fulcrum, Jyn on occasion= 10.5

Empire Arena participants:

Thrawn, Death Trooper, Vader, Shore, Palp, occasionally Krennic, Tarkin, Tie Fighter Pilot = 6.5

Not even close by a long shot

If you argue Dark vs Light it's still lopsided but the factions are important because of synergy. Rebels have far more available synergistic combos because they have more toons to tinker with.

Any way you look at it it's tough sledding for the Empire. Which is ok. I like a challenge. What is not ok is after doing the hard work, being told I can't use them. That is adding insult to injury.

Plus arena is only limited to 5 toons anyway... I don't care if Jedi have 15 toons, when only 1 of them is the best tank of the game.

People seems to forget all the Zaul complains...

It's not that people forgot the zaul complaints.....it's that cg listened to them and released a toon with a direct counter, after people wasted money and zetas on zaul. Still no counter to chaze. Counter to wiggs was shore but shore is locked up on the hardest light side node. Yeah I know thrawn, which is locked up behind ls cartoons I'll never use.
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    Ceodoc wrote: »
    Howay let's see some of the you tubers footage, I've got Pilates in 45mins and then I won't have access to social media until maybe even Saturday!*
    Chop chop

*Hoping I get called to work tomorrow just so I have internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfzvIWdPaxc

Lolz
    Xxx
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    @ all the DS grief, looking at this, in fact a well lvled DS roster could be very important, sure you won't get to 'play' them, but making up deployment points as your high GP LS toons are spent in missions looks to be very important.
  • Ceodoc wrote: »
    @ all the DS grief, looking at this, in fact a well lvled DS roster could be very important, sure you won't get to 'play' them, but making up deployment points as your high GP LS toons are spent in missions looks to be very important.
    Agreed.

Not playing DS =/= useless in TB

The fact that dumping them all into "Deployment" just gives you less Toons to have to manually play. Plus it helps your Guild's score.

It feels like Galactic War, Arena, Cantina, Hard Mode, Omega, and Assault Battles was just training. This is what it all leads to.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    I like the 12 hours.
    6am to 6pm
    Then next 6pm to 6am.
    Maybe I just don't sleep much.
    But I'll never miss a phase

There are tons of issues with it. Morning during the day, I can sneak in my attacks during meetings. No biggie there. But in the evening....That is arena and fleet payout and then try and put in this work. Not to mention, family time and dinner. I guess if I lived in a peanut butter fort in my mom's basement that time frame would be cool.

The next phase should start as soon as you finish a phase. I don't see the point in 12 hour windows. Especially if you can finish the phase in a faster time frame. Next, the guild should be able to launch the battle. Most guilds launch their raids around payout times so people can be attack in their arena/fleet shard.

• The whole 12 hour thing and the dev response reminds me of that episode of The Office where Jim and Michael Scott are co-managers, and Jim comes out and tells the whole office that only the sales staff are getting end-of-year bonuses. There's a general uproar and Jim is forced to slow things down and re-evaluate. Classic!
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • The 12 hour timeframe interacts very badly with my work times so depending which day the mess starts I will only be able to participate at most in three phases, possibly only two! What a bunch of ....... has come up with that **** schedule?
  • charlyw64 wrote: »
    The 12 hour timeframe interacts very badly with my work times so depending which day the mess starts I will only be able to participate at most in three phases, possibly only two! What a bunch of ....... has come up with that **** schedule?
    Most people work Monday through to Friday, so making it a Friday to Sunday thing allows the majority to play.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    charlyw64 wrote: »
    The 12 hour timeframe interacts very badly with my work times so depending which day the mess starts I will only be able to participate at most in three phases, possibly only two! What a bunch of ....... has come up with that **** schedule?
    Most people work Monday through to Friday, so making it a Friday to Sunday thing allows the majority to play.

Except possibly doctors, nurses, firefighters, police, military, anyone who works in retail, or the restaurant industry, most people who work in entertainment and anyone who actually does work weekends. Oh...and people who have families are typically busy on weekends too.

But other than that, you're right. Lol.

There is a reason my guild DOESN'T raid on weekends - because everyone is too busy.

Which is kinda the point and problem with the 12 hour window; there is NO 12 hour period of time that works for "most" people - especially when you take into account the fact that this is a game with an international player base.

• Nikoms565 wrote: »

Which is kinda the point and problem with the 12 hour window; there is NO 12 hour period of time that works for "most" people - especially when you take into account the fact that this is a game with an international player base.

If they don't reconsider even top guilds will have a hard time staying together - I don't see a single guild being able to weather the problems coordinating 50 people every 12 hours. Only professional players will be able to givevthat sorr of commitment!
  • ^ I don't think it's even possible for this game to please everyone.

If the Devs gave out free crystals, we're going to get:
    >"I didn't log in for a few days and missed it."
    >"It's not enough."

I just hope participation is going to good, so that it'll give them incentive to continually upgrade and revamp this for other factions to be essential.

• Did anyone else get bored of reading by the second or third paragraph and think "I'm just going to auto this with whatever toons get put in."?
  • Friday start? Weekends only? RIDICULOUS. Please look at changing this ASAP. Let GUILDS decide what day and time to start that makes the most sense for them-just like raids. Dictating when we play is getting out of hand (bonus energy/flash/arena/ships). @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP