Territory Battle Overview [MEGA]

Replies

• I’m really regretting my maxed out Empire and Sith squads. That was a lot of time and resources completely wasted for this mode.
  • With all the commotion of territory battles I'm getting super anxious to play it. Most gameplay has become somewhat stale and having something new to look forward to is a nice touch. Any word on when it will officially launch?
  • Yeah this whole darkside getting shafted things needs to stop and stop quick.

Light side and specifically rebels have got way too much stuff going on compared to any faction by a long shot. I can understand having more things go on being the main faction but seriously.... you even introduce rebels on a empire rework like I mean....

Only darkside toons that have weathered the storm on an arena scale is DN and Thrawn when there's easily list for light as well as how long they have been in meta
  • Carnac the Magnificent says, "On or about September first", just saying!
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Very very very soon are the words I keep hearing.
  • I'm excited for the new challenges! Launch this bad boy and let the baddie begin!!
  • Point, September first is such a long time away. Don't know what I could have been thinking?
  • I just decided to quit this game after seeing preview of TB. After playing many months my rooster is very week and most of the guilds I played are very week comparing to requirements for this TB. Many guilds will be receiving very low level of awards. And I was in two guild. For almost 100 players only 2 had unlocked CLS. I know, not top guilds but I want to quit this. Thank you, goodbye, never again
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Gmytrix wrote: »
    I just decided to quit this game after seeing preview of TB. After playing many months my rooster is very week and most of the guilds I played are very week comparing to requirements for this TB. Many guilds will be receiving very low level of awards. And I was in two guild. For almost 100 players only 2 had unlocked CLS. I know, not top guilds but I want to quit this. Thank you, goodbye, never again

So dramatic. Don't worry about getting top stuff if you don't want to. Get the extra stuff that you can. Life is easier, not harder
  • Gmytrix wrote: »
    I just decided to quit this game after seeing preview of TB. After playing many months my rooster is very week and most of the guilds I played are very week comparing to requirements for this TB. Many guilds will be receiving very low level of awards. And I was in two guild. For almost 100 players only 2 had unlocked CLS. I know, not top guilds but I want to quit this. Thank you, goodbye, never again

You expected the highest reward when you're saying your roster is weak? K. Bye, Felicia.

Look, man, you can just get the regular rewards. Why not spend the couple days to see what you get before you take your ball and go home?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Territory Battles is where you bring the strength of your entire roster.

P.s. unless they are darkside. Shafted again. What a shocker.

No one should have a weak rooster.
    Is it wrong to think this person sounds like a snowflake?

TB is supposed to be hard. It's for people who've been at the top for a long time, with the same (for them) repetitiveness that they've had nothing to really strive for. Except to level and gear up Toons they barely have any interest of. They maxed out their Top 30, and want a new challenge. It's like being stuck in Grade 9 for 4 years. They want/need that thrill of achieving something that's not a "walk-in-the-park".

For the rest of us grunts, it's to help speed up our progress. We're not done Challenges, Mod Battles/Challenges, GW, Level 9 in Hard Mode and Cantina like breeze to the point of quitting for a month, and upon returning, you're still near the top of the hill.

I've only been playing for 6-ish months, my Galactic Power isn't even 700K. But for Phase 1 Combat Battle, I'm sure I can guarantee 4/6. Possibly maybe even 5/6 if the RNG is in my favor. It's not much, but it will help the Guild. Filling up quite a few slots in Platoons will also help. Then dumping the rest into Deployment is the bare minimum I can do.

TB isn't even here yet. There's still time for everyone to improve. Doesn't matter if you're casual, dedicated, or hardcore. You're not going backwards. Throw on some gear, star up a couple of Toons, add a couple of ability mats, throw on a mod, and BAM, a few thousand more GP is added to your total.

You don't need to be the best, you just have to try your best. The rest of your Guild will have to do the rest.

Or find another Guild.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Most of you guys are such babies..
  • just curious on how screwed up i am on roster cause it looks to me like this WHOLE **** THING is going to be predicated on rebels. i dont understand why im bieng forced to play a faction i literally HATE. in all seriousness why dont they just take out all DS toons in game and just make this legit LS able?
  • Is it wrong to think this person sounds like a snowflake?

Yes. Because the word snowflake, in that context, is the only thing in the world dumber than the people who say snowflake in that context.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    Gmytrix wrote: »
    Is it wrong to think this person sounds like a snowflake?

Pretty sure they just played the "taking my ball and going home" card because weak guilds are not going to get the highest rewards from brand new content. So yeah, snowflake sounds pretty accurate.
  • chrischaos wrote: »
    Friday start? Weekends only? RIDICULOUS. Please look at changing this ASAP. Let GUILDS decide what day and time to start that makes the most sense for them-just like raids. Dictating when we play is getting out of hand (bonus energy/flash/arena/ships). @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP

This!! :)
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    Does anyone recall how long it was before they released the content the U-tube guys went to test last time?
    I can't even recall the content?
    It was a couple of months ago.
    The usual culprits all posted you tube footage after their visit. And not long after that content was released.

Might give us a clue to this release?

• cuyler41 wrote: »
    Territory Battles is where you bring the strength of your entire roster.

P.s. unless they are darkside. Shafted again. What a shocker.

:lol::lol:
  • Boofpoof
    318 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    I’m really regretting my maxed out Empire and Sith squads. That was a lot of time and resources completely wasted for this mode.

Had this first TB been a primarily Empire event then the Rebel scum/Light side would be the ones complaining. I don't get why people are kittening and moaning about the predominant Light side flavor of the inaugural TB raid. Anyone who thinks that the Empire will not have their day in the sun is just deluded in my opinion. Thanks to MobileGamer, Ahnald, and Warrior we have quite a bit more of information to work with now. Adapt and overcome or pack your bags and walk away.

Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
    SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    I’m really regretting my maxed out Empire and Sith squads. That was a lot of time and resources completely wasted for this mode.

Had this first TB been a primarily Empire event then the Rebel scum/Light side would be the ones complaining. I don't get why people are kittening and moaning about the predominant Light side flavor of the inaugural TB raid. Anyone who thinks that the Empire will not have their day in the sun is just deluded in my opinion. Thanks to MobileGamer, Ahnald, and Warrior we have quite a bit more of information to work with now. Adapt and overcome or pack your bags and walk away.

Let me fix this for you:

“Anyone who thinks Empire will not have their day in the sun has been playing this game for a while and understands that developers have always given Rebels the best characters and content.”

I could understand giving Rebels bonuses, but to exclude dark side characters completely flies in the face of their misleading announcement that you can “bring the strength of your entire roster.” Because you can’t.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    There is absolutely no reason why demanding specific characters should suddenly be acceptable. It's already bad enough that people need specific chars for unlocks, but I can understand that. Invalidating large parts of the roster for no apparent reason sounds to me like it's just really poor design.
    This new direction for the game is a bad one, and one I don't want to follow. We've had almost pure rebel meta for months on end, and now this is topped off by saying: Not only is a rebel only meta a good thing, we ENCOURAGE only farming rebels at any stage in the game.
    Because everyone knows that third Han is preferable over say, Jango Fett, Padmé, Ki Adi Mundi or General Hux.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »

Had this first TB been a primarily Empire event then the Rebel scum/Light side would be the ones complaining. I don't get why people are **** and moaning about the predominant Light side flavor of the inaugural TB raid. Anyone who thinks that the Empire will not have their day in the sun is just deluded in my opinion. Thanks to MobileGamer, Ahnald, and Warrior we have quite a bit more of information to work with now. Adapt and overcome or pack your bags and walk away.

Let me fix this for you:

“Anyone who thinks Empire will not have their day in the sun has been playing this game for a while and understands that developers have always given Rebels the best characters and content.”

I could understand giving Rebels bonuses, but to exclude dark side characters completely flies in the face of their misleading announcement that you can “bring the strength of your entire roster.” Because you can’t.

Totally agree with that. I spend much to upgrade my empire n sith. Yeah sure they will use in another TB chapter, but at least give us clear information. I wouldn't upgrade my ds side if i know Hoth TB will heavy rebel. Now i can't upgrade my lighside/rebel chars bcause i'm out of resources.

The information should be like this:
    "Bring the strength of your entire lightside roster."
    :disappointed:
  • Boofpoof
    318 posts Member
    edited August 2017

Had this first TB been a primarily Empire event then the Rebel scum/Light side would be the ones complaining. I don't get why people are **** and moaning about the predominant Light side flavor of the inaugural TB raid. Anyone who thinks that the Empire will not have their day in the sun is just deluded in my opinion. Thanks to MobileGamer, Ahnald, and Warrior we have quite a bit more of information to work with now. Adapt and overcome or pack your bags and walk away.

Let me fix this for you:

I've been playing close to the beginning of the game so I won't blow smoke up anyone's tail pipe to say that Rebels have (and continue) to have their moment to shine. A few months ago it was an Empire meta with the appearance of Thrawn. And now it's back to a Rebel meta with CLS. Varying opinions for what is meta I am sure but I don't disagree that Rebels (for now) have the best characters/content.

"Bring the strength of your entire roster" is all a matter of interpretation. From what I've seen in videos the Dark Side roster counts towards the "deployment". A move that you can't use your Dark Side forces in battles for sure. But not entirely false. Misleading? I'm sure we could beat this point to death but I say to each his own as to their views on it.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited August 2017

Let me fix this for you:

I've been playing close to the beginning of the game so I won't blow smoke up anyone's tail pipe to say that Rebels have (and continue) to have their moment to shine. A few months ago it was an Empire meta with the appearance of Thrawn. And now it's back to a Rebel meta with CLS. Varying opinions for what is meta I am sure but I don't disagree that Rebels (for now) have the best characters/content.

"Bring the strength of your entire roster" is all a matter of interpretation. From what I've seen in videos the Dark Side roster counts towards the "deployment". A move that you can't use your Dark Side forces in battles for sure. But not entirely false. Misleading? I'm sure we could beat this point to death but I say to each his own as to their views on it.

The only thing that matters is that you can’t bring them to the fight. They are worthless in that aspect for TB. Ok, so great... in a year there will be a dark side themed TB. Very encouraging.

As to your Empire meta comment. Thrawn held the top spot for about as long as you can smell a fart in the wind, they released R2 and ATF DURING the Empire rework... and now it’s back to rebel meta and a whole new game mode made just for them. Look, I have Rebels, Jedi and zCody, I’m not walking in empty handed. Just very disappointed that literally 60% of my roster is worthless.
  • A few days ago I saw a screenshot of TB, it showed deployment phase for a Special Mission. At least, that's what my memory tells me so I could be wrong. That screenshot showed a max number for deployments of Hoth Rebel. In other words, the screenie seemed to indicate that only a few guild members, 5 iirc, can actually deploy Hoth Rebel Scout/Soldier in such a mission.
    Can someone point me there? I've been searching for a while now, but so much stuff is being written about TB that I'm getting lost right now. Thanks!
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I believe the consensus for each phase is to fill up the platoon missions first since it makes the difference between 1-3 starring each phase.

Afterwards, do the special combat mission if that phase has one. Third is to do the non-special combat missions. Fourth, is to "dump" the rest of your characters in deployment to get those sweet, sweet stars.

Order of operations:
    Platoon mission filling
    Special combats
    Ship combat/regular combat
    Deployment dump

Let me know what I am missing?

Edit: devs already said characters used in special missions, will not be used as random requirements in platoon missions during that phase.
    Post edited by Blackbeardpepe on
  • My understanding is :
    1) combat
    2) platoon
    3) deployment
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    You would want to fill out platoon first because it requires special characters (ie ezra, baze), if you use them in combat first you would lock them out of being used in platoon.

Thats something the leader and officers will need to discuss with the guild. For example, if you need 15/15 Ezras in platoon and half your guild has low quality Ezras youd want those guild members to fill them in, so the other guild members who have high end Ezras could use him in battle.