Are there plans to fix GW?

Prev1
I think most would agree it is currently broken. For us mere mortals, winning is a random and rare occurence. Even with depth, the current meta full zeta teams are impossible for us to beat even as somebody who has 3 zetas myself. I know many will post (without reading this) how easy GW is. Fine. Some want it to be hard, that's fine. But beyond that, my main issue is time. GW is by far the longest time suck of the game. With them for some reason putting TB on the weekend when time is already the hardest to find, what will they do to shorten GW? Requiring play time is fine but needing to play 2-3 hours Friday, Saturday and Sunday or fall behind isn't sustainable for a mobile game.

Replies

• I play til node 11, if i can beat it in reasonable time(i have a perma broken node 12), i proceed if not then reset or wait for reset. Takes me 20 mins to get to that point. Dont frustrate yourself needlessly
  • It's not intended to be won everyday.
  • I hear you about the zeta problem, I was there a few months ago where I had a zeta or two and I'd face teams with 3-4+. I was continually behind on zetas for nodes 9, 11, and 12 for a while. Zylo and Zody are both amazing for allowing you to save most of your depth for later, so if you don't already have one/both, consider them. Other than that I can acknowledge that it was certainly the largest time sink, but that's kind of why I'm looking forward to TB-it looks to be something in the game you can spend some time doing. I can do all the rest of my dailies in 10-15 minutes, so having GW to clock through for a while wasn't the end of the world.

The time it takes is probably where the "Galactic Chore" nickname came from,and while I liked having something (anything) that was a little time consuming, I agree that it was relatively boring. That being said the content seems to be geared towards the future (eg: raid ticket bug), so I wouldn't bet that old content would be fixed as its unlikely to generate revenue.
  • Khayman wrote: »
    I play til node 11, if i can beat it in reasonable time(i have a perma broken node 12), i proceed if not then reset or wait for reset. Takes me 20 mins to get to that point. Dont frustrate yourself needlessly

20 minutes is still a long time. Considering they have the best rewards in the game, hard not to push. I've started skipping N12 quicker but when I am now facing zeta's on N6, N9, and N11, it takes a while. Honestly, if I don't win everyday that's OK. Frustrating but ok but it needs to be shortened. A lot.
  • Broulan wrote: »
    I hear you about the zeta problem, I was there a few months ago where I had a zeta or two and I'd face teams with 3-4+. I was continually behind on zetas for nodes 9, 11, and 12 for a while. Zylo and Zody are both amazing for allowing you to save most of your depth for later, so if you don't already have one/both, consider them. Other than that I can acknowledge that it was certainly the largest time sink, but that's kind of why I'm looking forward to TB-it looks to be something in the game you can spend some time doing. I can do all the rest of my dailies in 10-15 minutes, so having GW to clock through for a while wasn't the end of the world.

The time it takes is probably where the "Galactic Chore" nickname came from,and while I liked having something (anything) that was a little time consuming, I agree that it was relatively boring. That being said the content seems to be geared towards the future (eg: raid ticket bug), so I wouldn't bet that old content would be fixed as its unlikely to generate revenue.

But they should fix it to prevent burn out. You can't ignore GW and succeed in this game. The rewards are too high.
  • Just because it's to hard for you doesn't mean it's broken. The system works perfectly as designed. Your problem is with the design not the functionality.
  • I love this.. poor full rosterd people who have played forever can't beat something.. how does it feel? I best it ev time u try but couldn't get Luke or thrawn.. deal with it
  • Zeta Finn and get your resistance team leveled....steamroll....repeat.
  • aeaswen wrote: »
    But they should fix it to prevent burn out. You can't ignore GW and succeed in this game. The rewards are too high.

Well that's the name of most grind/collection games. You either have to be willing to slog through it for the best rewards, or you'll get burned out/bored and move on. I would agree with the above that if you can plan on beating 10-11 of 12 nodes all the time, and don't beat yourself up on that last node or two, then overall you'll maintain a balance of good rewards and sanity. :P
  • Mrjenkins wrote: »
    I love this.. poor full rosterd people who have played forever can't beat something.. how does it feel? I best it ev time u try but couldn't get Luke or thrawn.. deal with it

I have CLS and you need to read better. My biggest problem is with the time involved to beat it. I win 30-50% of the time which is probably average. I dunno. It isn't random though. Only meta teams in N12 lol.
  • c1ever_pun wrote: »
    Just because it's to hard for you doesn't mean it's broken. The system works perfectly as designed. Your problem is with the design not the functionality.

It is too much of a time suck especially with TB coming out. This is a mobile game. 6-8 hours on the weekend is too much time. It is broken.
  • Jookaa
    30 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I agree with op that at level 85 when you are topped off in arena with your set five best rooms GW becomes insanely time consuming if you choose to beat all of it and retry until you win.

Little things I found helpful.
    Some teams do better in GW than others, for example when I got chaze gw became a breeze until 9-12. I hear zfinn and other synergistic teams do well with the sustain.

Throw in your final boss units early on build some turn meter and save for the end.

Try not to use your arena rofl stomp team until the end nodes. I found that when I beat certain nodes using the weakest teams possible in power and composition the next day that node isn't insanely strong meta comps.

Overall my time is worth more than the amount of time it takes to beat all 12 nodes in gw to get the credits and other rewards. I feel when progressing gw is very important but at end game it's like optional to do it or not since I don't need anything specific from gw and I haven't bought everyone yet from the gw store.

P.S.
    I will openly admit, if I face 4 teams in a row containing meta toons like thawn cls chaze nilly gk R2d2, I also struggle to beat them all in a short time frame or at all for that matter.
  • You do understand the purpose of a freemium game like SWGOH, right? It is designed to make you spend MORE time, not less, on it. Because the more time you spend playing the game, the more likely you are to spend $$$ on the game. You are complaining about the basic strategy of this game, which is TO MAKE MONEY. If you don't like the changes, quit.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    aeaswen wrote: »
    c1ever_pun wrote: »
    Just because it's to hard for you doesn't mean it's broken. The system works perfectly as designed. Your problem is with the design not the functionality.

It is too much of a time suck especially with TB coming out. This is a mobile game. 6-8 hours on the weekend is too much time. It is broken.

The longer a game is out the more content its going to have. Its unavoidable that its going to take more time. Like someone else said just because you dont like it doesnt mean its broken.
  • I usually only take 1-2 minutes /node. Gw isn't timed so you can do a battle or two, go off, and come back another time at your convenience. It really isn't that time consuming in the whole of your day. If you had to do it in one chunk the argument would have more weight, but it was designed to take some time that could be spread out over a day.
  • I zeta'd Finn and ever since that day several months ago I've only lost GW once
  • GW wasnt meant for everyone to complete. It is a place where you can improve with time.

Having said that I agree that GW is waaaaaay to much time consuming and it should be reworked.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    GW is not broken, so no, I doubt there are plans to fix it.
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    Would be nice to see it shortened to 9 battles. You would have to make a serious effort and get help from RNG to lose the first three battles, so why bother? Just bump the rewards a bit for the last 9 and get rid of the first three.

On the other hand, those are an ideal time to TM load, so if they shortened it people would probably gripe.

Others have mentioned resistance, but it is worth mentioning again. If you want to solve the GW problem once and for all, you need a resistance squad with zeta finn. I haven't lost a GW since getting his zeta, and about 1/10 GWs I am able to do without getting hit a single time (seriously). My Resistance toons are pretty well maxed, but I have guild mates with lesser toons who still steamroll GW, only needing to bring in a second or third team on node 12 to clean up a lingering baze or nihilus. As a bonus, you will also officially receive ownership of the LS hard nodes, stage 8 cantina, and HAAT phases 2 and 4.
  • Khayman wrote: »
    I play til node 11, if i can beat it in reasonable time(i have a perma broken node 12), i proceed if not then reset or wait for reset. Takes me 20 mins to get to that point. Dont frustrate yourself needlessly

Yeah, this my strategy as well. I do GW before bed. Takes about 15 to 20 mins to get to the last node. If it doesn't look like i can beat it... I reset and go to bed. No stress. It's not like I'm missing out on a ton of loot from that one node.
  • What the heck GW is easy. Wish it were harder haha
  • You don't need a resistance squad to win. I almost always defeat gw pretty easily without it. Use Phoenix Squad since that is easy for everyone to get. I use them usually through node 9, sometimes I use another squad for 6,and steamroll the competition. Then my really powerful squads are available for the hard nodes.
  • You do understand the purpose of a freemium game like SWGOH, right? It is designed to make you spend MORE time, not less, on it. Because the more time you spend playing the game, the more likely you are to spend $$$ on the game. You are complaining about the basic strategy of this game, which is TO MAKE MONEY. If you don't like the changes, quit.

Always a breaking point for players. You can make the game more streamline and fun and have plenty of reasons to get my cash. We aren't dumb enough to know that the game needs to make money. Making the game frustrating because it is a time suck isnt' a great model.
  • phinfan309 wrote: »
    You don't need a resistance squad to win. I almost always defeat gw pretty easily without it. Use Phoenix Squad since that is easy for everyone to get. I use them usually through node 9, sometimes I use another squad for 6,and steamroll the competition. Then my really powerful squads are available for the hard nodes.

You can't beat CLS/R2/Thrawn/DN/GK unless you have a super team. Depth ain't gonna help you but I'm more considered with the time involved.
  • phinfan309 wrote: »
    I usually only take 1-2 minutes /node. Gw isn't timed so you can do a battle or two, go off, and come back another time at your convenience. It really isn't that time consuming in the whole of your day. If you had to do it in one chunk the argument would have more weight, but it was designed to take some time that could be spread out over a day.

2 minutes per node=24 minutes. That's if you don't have to play n11 or n12 6 times to beat it which you do most of the time. That's way too much time with TB coming up in addition to rancor and HAAT.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    aeaswen wrote: »
    phinfan309 wrote: »
    I usually only take 1-2 minutes /node. Gw isn't timed so you can do a battle or two, go off, and come back another time at your convenience. It really isn't that time consuming in the whole of your day. If you had to do it in one chunk the argument would have more weight, but it was designed to take some time that could be spread out over a day.

2 minutes per node=24 minutes. That's if you don't have to play n11 or n12 6 times to beat it which you do most of the time. That's way too much time with TB coming up in addition to rancor and HAAT.

The time sucks only going to get worse....idk what to tell you if its getting too much for you now.
  • im just confused. Why do you wanna play the game if you complain about playing the game? Lol. You wanna auto everything? Delete the game
  • All I'm saying is remember GW before 4x?
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    GW isn’t broken so long as you can keep up with other players’ progression. If you’re not doing that then you will fall behind.

As far as the time sink, it shouldn’t take two minutes per node for the first five or even sixth node, depending on the day. Seven and eight. Should be fairly easy, too. The only way to make it faster is to improve your teams. Last I saw the devs were pretty happy with where gw is difficulty-wise so I don’t think they will do anything to change it.

For what it’s worth, I agree it would be nice if it was changed a bit to make it shorter as far as amount of time to complete it goes. It doesn’t seem like territory battles will be a constant ongoing thing so we will just have to suck it up for a few days every so often. Otherwise, we may have to chose to cut our gw runs short.
  • im just confused. Why do you wanna play the game if you complain about playing the game? Lol. You wanna auto everything? Delete the game

We get it bruh. You have all the characters and everything is super easy. It really isn't hard to understand you don't want to have to play hours to keep up in a mobile gme you otherwise enjoy.