Territory Battle Overview [MEGA]

Replies

• Just to clarify is the start time for this 6am Guild LEADER time or Guild FOUNDER time?

Probably founder, like how daily guild activities reset. Just a guess, though.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Not yet.
  • The vids aren't clear but make it sound like it's CURRENT leader's time zone, not FOUNDING leader's - can anyone clarify?
  • Guild as a whole. Each territory has 3 potential stars, there are 15 territories. Prizes are based on the number of stars your guild earns.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    edited August 2017

Eustacie wrote: »
    The vids aren't clear but make it sound like it's CURRENT leader's time zone, not FOUNDING leader's - can anyone clarify?

Guild reset doesnt change when the leader does so i would lean towards founding leader.
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Eustacie wrote: »
    The vids aren't clear but make it sound like it's CURRENT leader's time zone, not FOUNDING leader's - can anyone clarify?

Guild reset doesnt change when the leader does so i would lean towards founding leader.

My understanding is founding leader.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone would know the answer to this but when we see 45 star count for TB, is that an individual accomplishment, like does that mean that each individual person in the guild is capable of getting 45 stars or are those stars from everyone together.

Because I saw a picture somewhere that showed a TB with waay more than 45 stars. Would that be like the total guild star count?

Ill see if I can find the pic
    You're remembering incorrectly. It's always been 45 stars. One pic showed 216 phases instead of 6, but a dev cleared up that that was just for internal testing purposes, essentially a neverending TB with very short phases, but lots of them.
    And the stars are guild-wide.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Yup, 45 stars as a whole guild. Level of rewards for your guild is based off stars. So everyone has to work together to star each territory, aiming for 3 stars, so they can try to maximize their earnings.

The pic with more than 45 stars was from early development and testing, but it has been said that it will not be final product. Final star count has been set at 45.
  • I've watched a few videos and saw that only light side units are used. Can I use dark side toons in combat missions?
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    I've watched a few videos and saw that only light side units are used. Can I use dark side toons in combat missions?

None
  • @CG_Dan or masterful Meme'stress @CG_Kozispoon - Are you able to confirm yet how often TBs will repeat?
    Is it known?
  • I've watched a few videos and saw that only light side units are used. Can I use dark side toons in combat missions?

@KyloJarJarBinks Not in Combat Missions. But it sounds like DS heroes may have a use in the Ship Missions, and may even be useful for Deployment.

@KyloJarJarBinks Not in Combat Missions. But it sounds like DS heroes may have a use in the Ship Missions, and may even be useful for Deployment.

Very disappointing. Hope the next one let's us use dark side toons for more important roles.

Make it a Yuuzan Vong or whatever they are called territory battle with everyone able to contribute.

Very disappointing. Hope the next one let's us use dark side toons for more important roles.

Make it a Yuuzan Vong or whatever they are called territory battle with everyone able to contribute.

They no longer exist
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."

They are absolutely useful in Deployment.
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    I've watched a few videos and saw that only light side units are used. Can I use dark side toons in combat missions?

They are ONLY useful in Deployment.

Fixed it

It's also the absolute least amount of work for a casual player to do to participate.

Click "Select All", and "Deploy".
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.

It's also the absolute least amount of work for a casual player to do to participate.

Click "Select All", and "Deploy".

Yep fun.
  • Riffinator wrote: »

They no longer exist

That shouldn't be a bar. The rogue one people are all dead but they are needed for a Hoth combat mission.

They no longer exist

That shouldn't be a bar. The rogue one people are all dead but they are needed for a Hoth combat mission.

But those are rebels
  • Man, all you guys want to do is whine and see the worst in this game. I can only assume you guys were complaining when you couldn't use the DS characters in LS Battles too. lol

If it makes you complainers feel any better (which I doubt) just look at TB like a big LS battle and am sure in the future there will be a DS battle/TB.
    Man, all you guys want to do is whine and see the worst in this game. I can only assume you guys were complaining when you couldn't use the DS characters in LS Battles too. lol

If it makes you complainers feel any better (which I doubt) just look at TB like a big LS battle and am sure in the future there will be a DS battle/TB.

But it's not and that's the issue
  • LukeDukem8
    607 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Riffinator wrote: »
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Man, all you guys want to do is whine and see the worst in this game. I can only assume you guys were complaining when you couldn't use the DS characters in LS Battles too. lol

The issue is they just created content focused on LS. (just like LS Battles)...so what. it's not what you expected..is it ever? Enough whining about it. Every thread I read keeps getting contaminated with all this nonsense.
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »

The issue is they just created content focused on LS. (just like LS Battles)...so what. it's not what you expected..is it ever? Why keep whining about it? Every thread I read keeps getting contaminated with all this nonsense.

Stop trying to make TB like regular battles, it's more like a raid. Which makes alienating DS users really bad.

They no longer exist

But those are rebels

Fair point.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    With all this new information I'm much less concerned with Territory battles than I was initially. The main issues I was worried about were the 12h window and Light Side requirement. If I'm busy with life and can't do much during that 12h window, I do the equivalent of what I do now when I'm busy: deploy, which is the same as just logging in to collect energy. And since Dark Side heroes can earn stars, which are really the main focus for the store coins, they are hardly useless - they can earn you stars for territories, which is a big part of the event. It should take less than a few minutes to check the platoon missions to slot in LS heroes that I have no time to use in combat or special missions. We'll likely delegate our various players in different timezones to handle the combat and special missions in phases that others might not have time for.

That being said, I'm not impressed with the always-on-the-weekend aspect of things. My suggestion would be to allow the TB to be launched as early as 6am Friday, but the Guild Leader gets to launch the event whenever they choose. So if Saturday night is better for everyone, we go then. At least then we could advertise that our HAAT guild does TBs from X-day to Y-day and attract players with similar schedules if we lose a few due to timezone or schedule issues.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • stohelit
    149 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    One major downside I see with territory battles is that you can only do a mission once. This is a problem particularly for ships. Ship arena battles crash it seems like about half the time. (They used to be a lot worse when they first came out, but still not really stable.)
    The crashing problem isn't too bad for ship arena, because you have several tries per day, and the reward tiers aren't too steep. (I generally do one or two battles per day, just get the daily in and stay top 100. No sense trying to climb since no sense in spending time on a battle with a high probability of crash and I get nothing.)
    With territory battles I hope they fix the bug(s) in ship battles so they don't crash so much, and/or add some mechanism to detect crashes and give you another try if the program did crash. (At the very least, when it issues an error number so and so box, it should give you another try. Most of the crashes with ships get no error at all, just blank screen and back to home screen. Still should be detectable crash vs. force close - assuming android/ios gives you that information.)
    [Edit: additional:] In battles with phases, I hope they record your progress after each phase, so that if it does crash, you get credit for the phases you did, rather than losing the whole battle.
  • So, apparently, AhnaldT101 and MobileGamer are not very excited by this new mode. They just finished a Live stream on the MobileGamer channel and they criticized it a lot. Still fun apparently but not astonishing by far.
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    NewCaprica wrote: »
    So, apparently, AhnaldT101 and MobileGamer are not very excited by this new mode. They just finished a Live stream on the MobileGamer channel and they criticized it a lot. Still fun apparently but not astonishing by far.

Hi
    Could you paste a link for this stream please?
    Doc
  • Ceodoc wrote: »
    NewCaprica wrote: »
    So, apparently, AhnaldT101 and MobileGamer are not very excited by this new mode. They just finished a Live stream on the MobileGamer channel and they criticized it a lot. Still fun apparently but not astonishing by far.

Hi
    Could you paste a link for this stream please?
    Doc

Unfortunately MobileGamer didn't upload the video after the Live. Not yet anyway.