Territory Battle Overview [MEGA]

Replies

• If you fill platoon with toon you needed for combat then you will not be able to make this combat. Then you should always check toon required for each mission in order to be sure to not put them in platoon. After that, you complete platoon....
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    The devs stated if a character is required in a special mission, they will not be a random requirement in the platoon mission that phase. There is a video already on this.

With that said, I still believe platoon is going to be first before special and regular combat missions.
  • DanTastix_1
    284 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I'd say:
    1) Check platoon for rare toons and put them in if needed (to make sure you don't use them and then not be able to fill platoon)
    2) Special missions (if any)
    3) Combat missions
    4) Fill in rest of platoon
    5) Deploy all remaining troops
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    From what I've seen, it could be both and will have to be checked. Both Combat Missions AND platoon may require specific characters. If you use a character for one of them, you cannot for the other. This is the choice you will have to make (and coord with your guild).

Initially the order I will be checking is..

Special Combat
    Combat
    Platoon
    Deploy
  • I've tried to persuade my guild to focus on platoon missions. The abilities it gives you in the next stages will help weaker(and therefore more) guild members complete missions.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Thats a good point. I only have one example, this video between mobile gamer and @CG_Dan talk about this.

https://youtu.be/lw9-DOvXWBQ
    Around time 13:30 mark, @CG_Dan does talk about how a platoon member will not be needed in any special combat mission during that phase. This video came out August 24, I believe this is the most up to date info.

(Gear 11, 7*, good modded characters all had difficulty in phase 3,4,5 and 6 [video from warrior]; If your guild doesnt have the ion cannon maxed out from platoon missions, you're going to be missing out on potential stars later in the phases. It sounds like gear 12 and good mods arent enough to get 40+ stars, a guild will need to max out the ion cannon.)
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    I’m really regretting my maxed out Empire and Sith squads. That was a lot of time and resources completely wasted for this mode.

Had this first TB been a primarily Empire event then the Rebel scum/Light side would be the ones complaining. I don't get why people are **** and moaning about the predominant Light side flavor of the inaugural TB raid. Anyone who thinks that the Empire will not have their day in the sun is just deluded in my opinion. Thanks to MobileGamer, Ahnald, and Warrior we have quite a bit more of information to work with now. Adapt and overcome or pack your bags and walk away.

Let me fix this for you:

“Anyone who thinks Empire will not have their day in the sun has been playing this game for a while and understands that developers have always given Rebels the best characters and content.”

I could understand giving Rebels bonuses, but to exclude dark side characters completely flies in the face of their misleading announcement that you can “bring the strength of your entire roster.” Because you can’t.

I've been playing close to the beginning of the game so I won't blow smoke up anyone's tail pipe to say that Rebels have (and continue) to have their moment to shine. A few months ago it was an Empire meta with the appearance of Thrawn. And now it's back to a Rebel meta with CLS. Varying opinions for what is meta I am sure but I don't disagree that Rebels (for now) have the best characters/content.

"Bring the strength of your entire roster" is all a matter of interpretation. From what I've seen in videos the Dark Side roster counts towards the "deployment". A **** move that you can't use your Dark Side forces in battles for sure. But not entirely false. Misleading? I'm sure we could beat this point to death but I say to each his own as to their views on it.

The only thing that matters is that you can’t bring them to the fight. They are worthless in that aspect for TB. Ok, so great... in a year there will be a dark side themed TB. Very encouraging.

As to your Empire meta comment. Thrawn held the top spot for about as long as you can smell a fart in the wind, they released R2 and ATF DURING the Empire rework... and now it’s back to rebel meta and a whole new game mode made just for them. Look, I have Rebels, Jedi and zCody, I’m not walking in empty handed. Just very disappointed that literally 60% of my roster is worthless.

You guys saw that deployment part? Use your darkside for that and you will be happy to have it

My understanding of the deployment part is that it does not involve actually using the characters in battle. It’s just a galactic power padding.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I don't know what screenshot you're looking for.
    i don't think special missions have deployment since you won't get stars for those, just specific reward * players clearing the special mission.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Any chance we can get those cool Imperial toons as characters?
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Deployment is essentially free stars. If you put in all gear 11, maxed out sith, you accumulate stars. In the videos you can see the GP add up and the stars adding up.
  • I'd say:
    1) Check platoon for rare toons and put them in if needed (to make sure you don't use them and then not be able to fill platoon)
    3) Combat missions

Yup, this should be your order of business when doing territory battles.
  • Coordination will need to be done within the guild to make sure any harder to develop toons (ie. Baze or Shoretrooper) needed for platoons are filled either by strong guild members who don't need them for Special or Combat missions OR by members who maybe know they won't do so well in Combat missions so they sacrifice that toon in Platoons instead.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    https://youtu.be/UfzvIWdPaxc

This explains all - its a very informative video, very helpful seeing it rather than reading it.
  • KyloRey wrote: »
    Coordination will need to be done within the guild to make sure any harder to develop toons (ie. Baze or Shoretrooper) needed for platoons are filled either by strong guild members who don't need them for Special or Combat missions OR by members who maybe know they won't do so well in Combat missions so they sacrifice that toon in Platoons instead.

Shoretrooper won't be much of a problem here, ha.

I actually like limiting large events like this to light side only characters from a gameplay perspective. The problem for me is that Hoth is the worst possible choice for a light side only/rebel emphasis planetary battle. It might be the most resounding defeat of the Rebels within the Star Wars movies.

I have a pretty mixed roster (although I am definitely regretting getting Veers to g10 last month, but beyond relieved I didn't upgrade Snowtrooper with his 400 or so stun cuff requirement), but this would have made much better sense if it was Endor and had Ewok and Rebel bonuses. It just baffles me that during the Empire's finest moment, the Empire toons at Hoth are not playable toons.
  • I saw in Warrior's video that the Guild leader launches the TB and other members enter. I thought these things were going to auto start at 6AM on Fridays. I'd hate to have my guildies waiting on me to wake up.
  • Auto start at a set date/time. Not determined yet. This was confirmed by a dev on a clip
  • Not sure if anyone would know the answer to this but when we see 45 star count for TB, is that an individual accomplishment, like does that mean that each individual person in the guild is capable of getting 45 stars or are those stars from everyone together.

Because I saw a picture somewhere that showed a TB with waay more than 45 stars. Would that be like the total guild star count?

Ill see if I can find the pic
  • Just to clarify is the start time for this 6am Guild LEADER time or Guild FOUNDER time?
  • Videos all say Friday 6AM at founding guild leaders timezone. That's apparently fact.
  • It also says that it's automatic, so they don't need to wait for you to wake up
  • I didnt find the pic but I found a pic showing increased number of phases in a TB, which was explained by an old build of TB for Dev use with exaggerated numbers for testing so that probably explains what I saw anyway.
  • Yea a few weeks ago I heard a dev saying TB was gonna use a ticket system similar to raids but apparently they scraped that idea for the dedicated times
  • Brigger wrote: »
    It also says that it's automatic, so they don't need to wait for you to wake up

I hope that's the case, that's what I understood, then Warrior confused me in his video as he was actually playing it.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    The two videos I've seen say it starts on its own.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    If it's a once a week thing then guilds should get to decide for themselves when they launch. Or the attack window should be more than 12 hours. Or both.
  • Is the update out ?
  • I think the stars are the accomplishment of the whole guild, which would make sense since rewards are also the same for every member.
    In MobileGamers video he sent enough units to reach 1 star, when other people also send enough units to get the rest, 3 stars will be reached, which count for the whole guild.
  • Stars count for the whole guild. You have 6 phases of 12 hours each. You have different territory in each phase where you can earn 3 star in each territory. There is 15 territories distributed in the 6 phases. The total is 45 stars which is the maximum rewards for the whole guild.
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member
    I'd say:
    3) Combat missions

+1 This is the way to go in TB.