Anybody have experience with CLS, Leia, R2, and Chaze?

I can g11 Luke and Leia by the end of the weekend, and am thinking of using them with Z2Z2 and Chaze in the arena. Given the proliferation of CLS teams, does anybody have experience with this particular team? Is it top tier, or is it weaker in comparison?

Out of interest, the twins would be replacing Jyn and Cassian in my arena team. I am currently hovering in the 40 to 50 range with that team, poaching the last few Zaul teams hanging in between all the rebels.

Replies

• I finish regularly in the top 20 on my shard. CLS lead with Leia, R2 and Chaze is not a team to take lightly as long as your toons are fast. Princess Leia has more than once within the last week destroyed my team. I'd honestly rather face Han than her at the moment. Depending on the enemy's team, sometimes I can't even lay a finger on her.
  • CK_3030 wrote: »
    I finish regularly in the top 20 on my shard. CLS lead with Leia, R2 and Chaze is not a team to take lightly as long as your toons are fast. Princess Leia has more than once within the last week destroyed my team. I'd honestly rather face Han than her at the moment. Depending on the enemy's team, sometimes I can't even lay a finger on her.

Thanks for the insight. I currently have Chirrut and R2 and 239 speed, Leia at 228, and Luke at 216. Not blazing fast, but I sometimes go faster than the other team.

It does make me think that it wouldn't be a waste of the stun cuffs, carbanti, and mk 8 gold mod to get the twins to g11.

Thanks yo!
  • coeuss
    216 posts Member
    I face this team, and it is tough. My opponent has a fast R2 and CLS, both above 250 speed. That makes a huge difference.
  • coeuss wrote: »
    I face this team, and it is tough. My opponent has a fast R2 and CLS, both above 250 speed. That makes a huge difference.

Do you know the name of that opponent? I want to swgoh.gg stalk him/her to see how he/she has their team modded.
  • There are several of these teams in top 20 of my shard and I agree with other responses, speed makes the difference between a good team vs a great one.
  • TheMegaSage
    393 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    As an update, I used 1400 saved crystals (sigh) to buy a stun cuff. Leia is now g11. Luke just needs a carbanti (challenge gear by Monday) and mk 8 gold gear (probably have to buy for 750 crystals after I've saved it up bin a couple of days) to g11, so I should be there in a few days.

Anyway, I ran Luke (l), Leia, R2, and Chaze against a Jedi squad and kind of destroyed it. Leia didn't even get a triple attack or a counter attack (rng!) but still tore through a couple of Jedi. Definitely easier and faster than my R1 team.

I guess I've officially joined the dark side by running a CLS rebel squad. With Chaze. You may all judge me harshly. *sigh*
  • Out of interest, here's a quick video of a squad that used to eat my R1 team for lunch.

https://youtu.be/IuErx7S6jX0
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    I come down on the other side of the argument. The team isn't very threatening compared to some of the alternatives. It seems really hard to lose to a Chaze team since Luke and I'll purposefully target Chaze teams. I run Han Zolo, however, and that changes up strategy quite a bit from a team without him. However, I have seen more and more Zolos popping up. If you don't face many, go for it. If you face quite a few in your general ranking or see them proliferating, just beware.

That being said, taking Luke and Leia to G11 has a variety of incredible uses - including arena with some slight changes to the team. For example, both of them have incredible HAAT uses (CLS in P1, Leia in P4), Rancor (CLS), and GW - in addition to arena with the right composition.

I have surprising holding power with CLS/R2z2/Zolo/Leia/Old Ben.

No matter which direction you go, try to get Leia to at least 240 and CLS to at least 235. Once you reach that point you can start sacrificing a bit of future speed for offense if needed.

It looks like you're starting to have success though, so if it works for you keep it up. Just keep these thoughts in mind in case you start to fall rapidly or find yourself at a logjam.

Good luck!
  • @TheMegaSage i have all of these toons g11 (except cls who is g10) and to be competitive in my Jan 16' shard you must have a zeta cleansing R2 and 250+ speed on R2 and leia just under R2...

It works and i can get into top 50, but not much further... btw all of those toons are 220-230 speed except baze. I do not have GK and still have the best luck with the rex (L) chaze/nihlus/thrawn team... but it seems sooo boring now... i regularly swap to ewoks or cls led rebel comps... i particularly like cls (L) R2/leia/atf/zarris
  • Napoli wrote: »
    I come down on the other side of the argument. The team isn't very threatening compared to some of the alternatives. It seems really hard to lose to a Chaze team since Luke and I'll purposefully target Chaze teams. I run Han Zolo, however, and that changes up strategy quite a bit from a team without him. However, I have seen more and more Zolos popping up. If you don't face many, go for it. If you face quite a few in your general ranking or see them proliferating, just beware.

That being said, taking Luke and Leia to G11 has a variety of incredible uses - including arena with some slight changes to the team. For example, both of them have incredible HAAT uses (CLS in P1, Leia in P4), Rancor (CLS), and GW - in addition to arena with the right composition.

No matter which direction you go, try to get Leia to at least 240 and CLS to at least 235. Once you reach that point you can start sacrificing a bit of future speed for offense if needed.

It looks like you're starting to have success though, so if it works for you keep it up. Just keep these thoughts in mind in case you start to fall rapidly or find yourself at a logjam.

Good luck!

For facing equilavent to your team and his, I would say that Han do less damages than Leia but is more intimidating : the RNG on first shot can totaly disturb your comp if the wrong toon get stuned

If I can act before enemy R2/Leia I prefer facing Leia
  • Raid han with zeta is better than Leia i run cls r2 han dn gk
  • I have run both CLS (L), zR2(Number Crunch), Chaze and either zHan or Leia. Bother versions are good on offense (can reach number 1 on a Fen 2016 Shard regularly) and I have had Leia take down Savage, DN, etc. On defense, it seems that more people like to attack the Leia team, so I normally keep Han in there. Like others have said, it's not necessarily better, but it is more unpredictable and that is key for defense. This is my swogh.gg profile if you want to check out the mods. https://swgoh.gg/u/kevwalker/
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)

Good luck!

Why 240 for Leia and 235 for CLS?
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Metasly wrote: »
    Napoli wrote: »

Good luck!

For facing equilavent to your team and his, I would say that Han do less damages than Leia but is more intimidating : the RNG on first shot can totaly disturb your comp if the wrong toon get stuned

I run Han and Leia.
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Starcron wrote: »

Good luck!

Why 240 for Leia and 235 for CLS?

It seems to be close to a magic number for maxing damage via multiple turns in arena and Raids. You may find it different in arena on your shard. Experiment a bit. In wrestling with the speed v. physical damage dilemma, I found I did worse by maxing damage instead of speed until I hit those numbers.
  • I could move my Chirrut mods to CLS. Thoughts on this move order?

R2 (239 speed)
    CLS (232)
    Leia (228)
    Chirrut (223)
    Baze (98)

Anyway, I've thought about it, and this team is probably the best way to go for now. My R1 team was always in the 40-50 range for payout, but I really had to focus on Sith teams to win. Plus I'd drop to 50-70 most nights. If anything, I've taken the target off my back as "something different". I'm sure people would attack me just to fight something not CLS, Rex, or Zaul.

Plus I have g11 on Luke to look forward to now. :)

Good luck!

I run Han and Leia.

My ultimate team that I'm working towards (right now) is CLS, R2, Leia, Han, ATF. I get the feeling that would be a ridiculously massive pure damage team that would win fast or die fast. :)
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    I could move my Chirrut mods to CLS. Thoughts on this move order?

R2 (239 speed)
    CLS (232)
    Leia (228)
    Chirrut (223)
    Baze (98)

Anyway, I've thought about it, and this team is probably the best way to go for now. My R1 team was always in the 40-50 range for payout, but I really had to focus on Sith teams to win. Plus I'd drop to 50-70 most nights. If anything, I've taken the target off my back as "something different". I'm sure people would attack me just to fight something not CLS, Rex, or Zaul.

Looks good. I would probably switch Leia to 232 and CLS to 228 if you can maintain the crit damage sets.
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member

Good luck!

I run Han and Leia.

My ultimate team that I'm working towards (right now) is CLS, R2, Leia, Han, ATF. I get the feeling that would be a ridiculously massive pure damage team that would win fast or die fast. :)

A little risky without a tank, but you can setup R2 to function that way. ATF would hit like crazy. And anyone the other team hits is a bad choice with the Luke counter-attack Leader ability.
    I could move my Chirrut mods to CLS. Thoughts on this move order?

R2 (239 speed)
    CLS (232)
    Leia (228)
    Chirrut (223)
    Baze (98)

Looks good. I would probably switch Leia to 232 and CLS to 228 if you can maintain the crit damage sets.

Thanks for the advice. I've always run Chirrut fast so I could get Tenacity Up, but that was before I put the second zeta on R2. Probably less needed now since this is a crit based team, so debuffs should hopefully fall off pretty quickly. Anyway, I did swap around my mods - will be interesting to see how the team holds.
  • I'm using this team, and it only works if you've got the mods to back it up on R2 and Leia. Zolo is a better option than Leia, I think, and having both is better than having Chirrut, but I already had Chaze built and I don't want to spend another Zeta.

Here's my account: https://swgoh.gg/u/brianfinndu/
  • I'm using this team, and it only works if you've got the mods to back it up on R2 and Leia. Zolo is a better option than Leia, I think, and having both is better than having Chirrut, but I already had Chaze built and I don't want to spend another Zeta.

I'm in the same situation, in that I have Chaze developed to g11 from my Rogue One team, and while I want to do Han, I still need a mk 5 CEC for g10, and then ALL THAT GEAR for 11. So because I wasn't ready for my 'perfect group', I made due with what I had.

http://swgoh.gg/u/themegasage/

That being said, I can officially say Chaze *is* very viable in a CLS team. I'm on a Dec 15 shard, and went from arena level 39 to 7 yesterday (with 1 refresh), winning 8 and losing 2, with all battles on full auto. I went for spot 3 with 5 minutes left before payout, but Han (**** you Han!) messed me up. Interestingly, given this topic, the two times I lost yesterday both had Han in the group. Even though Leia and Han probably average out to the same damage over time, Han is just more consistent. Guaranteed double taps for 30k or so damage for Han, versus Leia who can triple for 50k or single for 5k.

Anyway, Chaze covers a lot of sins, especially, I think, for slightly undergeared characters. My Luke is only gear 10 (so close to gear 11 now ... sooooooooo close!), and Chirrut's heals kept everybody alive, because Leia is squishy in general and Luke is really missing that bump to 11. Plus Baze is a brick wall, even at only 6 stars. I calculated out his HP/Prot to 107k, not even counting the HoTs that keep him rolling, and my team was generally able to defeat one enemy pretty quickly, bringing the taunt back without too much delay. Plus having Thrawn take out Baze leaves my other damage dealers still active, which is what you want.

Over night, my team has dropped from 7 to 10, so it's (presumably) holding relatively well. Of course, the real test will be what place it's at in 8 hours, when I start moving into my payout period.

As an aside - I *really wish* we could see battle for our teams. I would love to know if my team just happens to be 0-1 since last night, or if it actually won 5 battles in that time. Is my team holding because it's good or because it was a light night and didn't get attacked at all.

I am going to get Han to g11 after I'm done with Luke, and then if ATF makes her way to the shard shop (pleasepleaseplease!), I should be able to get her to 5-6 stars from there, at which point I'll be trying out my tankless team of Luke, Leia, Han, ATF, and R2, but for right now ... Chaze works.

I'm in the same situation, in that I have Chaze developed to g11 from my Rogue One team, and while I want to do Han, I still need a mk 5 CEC for g10, and then ALL THAT GEAR for 11. So because I wasn't ready for my 'perfect group', I made due with what I had.

http://swgoh.gg/u/themegasage/

That being said, I can officially say Chaze *is* very viable in a CLS team. I'm on a Dec 15 shard, and went from arena level 39 to 7 yesterday (with 1 refresh), winning 8 and losing 2, with all battles on full auto. I went for spot 3 with 5 minutes left before payout, but Han (**** you Han!) messed me up. Interestingly, given this topic, the two times I lost yesterday both had Han in the group. Even though Leia and Han probably average out to the same damage over time, Han is just more consistent. Guaranteed double taps for 30k or so damage for Han, versus Leia who can triple for 50k or single for 5k.

Anyway, Chaze covers a lot of sins, especially, I think, for slightly undergeared characters. My Luke is only gear 10 (so close to gear 11 now ... sooooooooo close!), and Chirrut's heals kept everybody alive, because Leia is squishy in general and Luke is really missing that bump to 11. Plus Baze is a brick wall, even at only 6 stars. I calculated out his HP/Prot to 107k, not even counting the HoTs that keep him rolling, and my team was generally able to defeat one enemy pretty quickly, bringing the taunt back without too much delay. Plus having Thrawn take out Baze leaves my other damage dealers still active, which is what you want.

Over night, my team has dropped from 7 to 10, so it's (presumably) holding relatively well. Of course, the real test will be what place it's at in 8 hours, when I start moving into my payout period.

As an aside - I *really wish* we could see battle for our teams. I would love to know if my team just happens to be 0-1 since last night, or if it actually won 5 battles in that time. Is my team holding because it's good or because it was a light night and didn't get attacked at all.

I am going to get Han to g11 after I'm done with Luke, and then if ATF makes her way to the shard shop (pleasepleaseplease!), I should be able to get her to 5-6 stars from there, at which point I'll be trying out my tankless team of Luke, Leia, Han, ATF, and R2, but for right now ... Chaze works.

Ahsoka is gonna be in shard shop! Hooray!

Yeah—the only way to see yourself on defense is by talking to shard mates who can record their fights against you. I highly recommend seeking them out, especially as you make your way into top five arena. It'll make your entire arena experience better, and it'll open up new doors to theorycraft and enjoy yourself :)