Update to Territory Battle Timers - 8/25/17 [MEGA THREAD]

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Might be in minority here, but I am strongly against having all the territory battles (after the initial period with 24-h phases) during weekends. It will probably be fine in winter, but I am going to miss a lot of it in summer.
  • I didnt really mind the timers at all but i know
    A lot who did. What I really wanna say thank you for and commend you is the transparency, it doesnt seem like pandering or caving when you change something but also give your thought process going into the idea. I think this method of info giving will vastly improve the game because it will allow us to have more input as well.

That being said I hope that this is not a thing unique to feedback changes, i think this would be a very helpful tool to use when you release new information as well, it doesnt seem arbitrary when you address our concerns upfront and I think it will go along way to community acceptance of your decisions. There will always be knowitalls and complainers but a lot of us are here to make this game better.

So once Again thanks for the explanation.
  • Question:

In a video, that was posted, it showed that the Guild Leader had to launch the Battle.

Even though the event is "active" - A leader had to click on Launch (Join) for the members to be able to Enter it.

If this is true, what happens when a leader decides to go MIA or doesn't launch it at all.??

What happens if a leader launches it 25 hrs later from the event start.
  • Frankly, I don't care of the schedule, to know that the Dark Side is not allowed in this mode or anything else. Just release the **** thing so we can see if this is boring or not. If this mode is not fun I will probably quit the game because frankly for an early player there is not much to do anymore.
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    12 or 24hr never bothered me.
    So just want to add a compliment for listening to the community.
    Very impressed with that.

INB4
    Community complains TB takes too long can we shorten the 24hr timer!
    Post edited by Ceodoc on
  • Regarding the 'Leader's time' thing.

Is this the actual sitting Leader's time or is it the Guild's time?
    Our Guild was created by a UK-based player but was handed over to a US-based player recently. All information you posted seems to indicate it's the actual current leader's timezone what dictates TB's launch time but we have been coming across conflicting interpretations on the matter...

Thanks in advance for clarifying.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Regarding the 'Leader's time' thing.

Our Guild was created by a UK-based player but was handed over to a US-based player recently. All information you posted seems to indicate it's the actual current leader's timezone what dictates TB's launch time but we have been coming across conflicting interpretations on the matter...

They explained from the get go that this is the timezone of the original creator of the guild:
    Territory Battles are a three day Guild event consisting of six phases that are each 12 hours long. After each phase, units that were used previously are reset to be used again. The first phase begins at 6AM local time, based on the time zone of the founding Guild Leader.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Alle
    27 posts Member
    Maybe the 24h per phase are good for the first weeks but then we can go over to 18h periods when everyone knows what to do.
  • This is what sort of communication this game need. Not only you acknowledge player feedback (how many "problem" never rated a ea/cg post before?), but you also explain what motivated your decision. As a player I'll never be happy with every decision ea/cg will make, but at least it doesn't seems I am talking to a wall with a paying interface.
  • It's rare when developers listen to the player base, so definitely kudos to you guys!
  • Uklem wrote: »
    This is what sort of communication this game need. Not only you acknowledge player feedback (how many "problem" never rated a ea/cg post before?), but you also explain what motivated your decision. As a player I'll never be happy with every decision ea/cg will make, but at least it doesn't seems I am talking to a wall with a paying interface.

This too. Always good to understand.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Being unable to participate in TB if you're not in the guild when it starts will be a huge problem. How will guilds be able to recruit anyone if it meant missing out on a whole week of TB?
  • DarthPhaco wrote: »
    Thank you!!

Go BLUE!!!
  • Regarding the 'Leader's time' thing.

They explained from the get go that this is the timezone of the original creator of the guild:
    Territory Battles are a three day Guild event consisting of six phases that are each 12 hours long. After each phase, units that were used previously are reset to be used again. The first phase begins at 6AM local time, based on the time zone of the founding Guild Leader.

It used to be. That was when it was 12 hours. Now it launches at the same time for everyone. Since it is 24 hours there is no need to fit it to a timezone.
  • I think this is the right move here - big credit to the devs for listening and taking it slow out of the gate. Give players some flexibility to adjust to the new schedule and requirements.
  • Would be nice if someone could reply to my original question please !

Any idea what date the TB will actually start to be available from ?
  • Geshtianna wrote: »
    Being unable to participate in TB if you're not in the guild when it starts will be a huge problem. How will guilds be able to recruit anyone if it meant missing out on a whole week of TB?

All TBs will launch on the same day. And whether they are three days or six days, there will be only one a week. So anyone looking for a guild will be missing out on the TB no matter what guild they go to. What I would expect is that you will see more people who are looking and asking to join once rewards have posted for TB, so they get whatever they can before switching over.
  • Would be nice if someone could reply to my original question please !

Soon. Be patient. Probably August 18

There is no need to be rude. My question was not rude.

My father always taught me if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it.

Please could someone post a helpful comment. One that doesn't involve the long standing August joke.
  • Nith
    22 posts Member
    Would be nice if someone could reply to my original question please !

Please could someone post a helpful comment. One that doesn't involve the long standing August joke.

I think they would launch it on the next friday, september 1st, but now with that change I assume they won't launch next wednesday 30th. Therefore, I'd bet on september 6th
  • Nith wrote: »
    Would be nice if someone could reply to my original question please !

I think they would launch it on the next friday, september 1st, but now with that change I assume they won't launch next wednesday 30th. Therefore, I'd bet on september 6th

I actually wouldn't have expected them to launch it on the 1st, because for a new mode launch I'd expect they would want extra staff around for launch related problems and that's Labor Day weekend.
  • Yes sounds like it could be into September now :(

Thanks for answering guys and restoring my faith in the community.

Would be really nice if someone from EA would actually tell us when it is going to happen
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    Sounds good, but the wanting to go back to 12H phases and in weekends makes me wonder if any of the CG employees have a family? Sorry kiddo but dad/mom can't take you to Disney/Lego/whatever land as CG wants me to play. Yeah right I think people would quit before saying that (I hope so for the kids)
    I for one hope that they keep the new schedule permanently or use the @Faroer suggestion
    Nightlores wrote: »
    I still dont see how hard it is to learn something in 3 days. That we need 6. But ok ;)

If it only takes about 15 minutes every 12 hours this shouldnt put a strain on family life
    Odds are it won't be that hard. But this is an entirely new thing and people were stressing out because they didn't have enough information. So instead of just bullrushing through and saying they know best, they're allaying any concerns and giving us time to see it's not so bad before saying they were right all along and switching to 12 hours. It doesn't cost them anything to be nice :P
    Prudkoan wrote: »
    What the **** change? Small time to play in new mode? Why? If you dont want or cant play mobile game - dont start it. 6 days oh God....1 day per phase that last 10-15 min? Is it very interesting? Play 15 min and need to wait 24 hrs for more 10 min of gameplay?
    It really doesn't chang anything except making this more convenient for you. The goal is 3 days, 12 hour phases, once a week. The early roll out is 6 days, 24 hour phases, once a week.

You're getting the exact same frequency of rewards, while at the same time not having to stress over learning an entire new feature in a hurry.

Ever go in a hot tub? If you just jump right in, you're hot and sweaty and uncomfortable for a couple minutes and it detracts from the fun of the whole thing. If you ease yourself in slowly your body will acclimate to the hot water and you'll be comfortable from start to finish. They're easing us in to Territory Battles.

Relax. It's fine.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Geshtianna wrote: »
    Being unable to participate in TB if you're not in the guild when it starts will be a huge problem. How will guilds be able to recruit anyone if it meant missing out on a whole week of TB?
    You'll just miss one, is all. Same as you miss the first raid. It's not that big a deal, it's a repeatable weekly thing.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Prudkoan wrote: »
    What the **** change? Small time to play in new mode? Why? If you dont want or cant play mobile game - dont start it. 6 days oh God....1 day per phase that last 10-15 min? Is it very interesting? Play 15 min and need to wait 24 hrs for more 10 min of gameplay?

Or alternatively, the shortened window would mean that you have 20-30 minutes of playtime for 3 days and then wait 4 days for it to launch again. Personally, I'd rather have 10-15 minutes of playtime every day for 6 days.
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    This is significantly better.

Most of our guild is made up of working people who work in IT, and we play during work hours and have an unofficial guild rule that we don't raid on Saturdays because Saturdsays is Family day. if we were spending an hour per phase twice on saturday and sunday, that would be awful if it was also acompanied by a tank on Friday or Sunday.

This should never be shrunk back to forcing everyone to play all weekend. ever.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    You'll just miss one, is all. Same as you miss the first raid. It's not that big a deal, it's a repeatable weekly thing.

You'd think people will do that but they won't. The rewards being weekly makes it even more valuable, and movement will be restricted to the off-days. This is a logistical nightmare.
  • It is nice when feedback is actually implemented. Great stuff

Most gaming companies don't do that, but I'm so happy that these guys do, thanks devs!!
  • feature with 24 hour phases. They will start at 1PM UTC (for all players) on Wednesdays and end at 1PM UTC

Seems to me video saying leader will launch tb is wrong