The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Question: Who would fit as 5th better on this squad: Thrawn (L), Shoretrooper, Stormtrooper, Deathtrooper
    a) Director Krennic
    b) Snowtrooper
  • Krennic. But he requires the zeta on deathtrooper
  • My rank continues to drop. Anything past 26 means you have to buy a refresh to take 1st.

Sitting at rank 29 now :\
    Question: Who would fit as 5th better on this squad: Thrawn (L), Shoretrooper, Stormtrooper, Deathtrooper
    a) Director Krennic
    b) Snowtrooper

As long as DT has his Zeta, Krennic is way better.

Snowtrooper needs the extra crit chance from Veers and the offense up to really go beast mode.

Plus GK mitigates some of his usefulness due to his crit immunity.

If there aren't a lot of GK's in your shard and DT doesn't have a zeta, then Snow might still be a good option.
  • How is Veers (Zeta) lead in arena?

I'm farming imperial troopers but don't have Thrawn so considering Gar Saxon too.
    Maybe Gar, DT, Veers, ShoreT, Stormzy/DK/Snow
  • I have seen great results with him, but it's shard dependent.
  • So what are yall empire players gonna do when G12 hit? I'm tempted to boost my empire arena squad to G12 ( they don't need that much gear anyway) think it would be intresting to see a Thrawn(z) lead with all the protection gains when we have more prot, survivability would be greatly increased. Hoping Krennic will have more survivability with G12, teamed with a DT.

On the other side, im afraid Rebels are going to get more op, and my investment into empire will be in vain.. Seeing all these new rebels coming out, with anti-empire synergie..
    Besides that rebels are also needed for TB, and maximising TB is surely important to get max TB points to spend in the TB Shop.

So what are your thoughts?
  • I suppose it will depend on what the stat changes are, but assuming some degree of relative balance in stat increases, my plan is to get my Empire team to g12, and to continue running them. After that is done, I will look into increasing squads to g12 for TB.
  • Thats my first idea aswell, grinded empire chars for months, hard to stop gearing them now, and jump to the rebel meta, i rather counter it then go with it!
  • Hi!
    Need some advice from experienced empire players. Im closing in on my first zeta and are building my empire team for arena. Planing to use either Tarkin or Thrawn as leader backed up by Tie pilot, shore trooper and stormtrooper. Death trooper and Krennic are on farm but will take more time.
    My question: Who is best suited for leader in arena and where should I put that sweet zeta?!
    My profile if that helps: http://swgoh.gg/u/fastradioburst/
  • Clearly G12 for empire Arena since TB design is worst with light side only even for new characters...

At least since empire is super uncommon (but ironically more than solid vs rebel meta) i dont expect Hoth Han and more anti Empire Rebel scum to become viable. Top teams already struggle with all the ("op") light side toons (and nihilus) to craft a Team, overall it doesnt matter if they like all the clone squads to fight over and over again.

Empire works very well for me, even better now with CLS
  • Hi!
    Need some advice from experienced empire players. Im closing in on my first zeta and are building my empire team for arena. Planing to use either Tarkin or Thrawn as leader backed up by Tie pilot, shore trooper and stormtrooper. Death trooper and Krennic are on farm but will take more time.
    My question: Who is best suited for leader in arena and where should I put that sweet zeta?!
    My profile if that helps: http://swgoh.gg/u/fastradioburst/

I think u should use Thrawn as leader, then zeta his leader or unique abilities
  • Thrawn for sure.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    Now that I've seen the new rebels in action and the rebels to come, I feel pretty good about my empire squad going forward.

I like hermit Yoda and ROLO's kits but I'm not gonna spend months working on rebels like I did for empire. I AM looking forward to the next faction I can get excited about. Maybe Jedi with a Mace rework to give them more of an edge.
  • FastRadioBurst
    48 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for advice @ftpreliable and @c1pher_Five!
  • Need empire advice. Currently run tarkin lead with zthrawn, TFP, EP and shore. My shore is only 3* though and i want to upgrade my LS team to be able to start farming him. I have a zeta ready...should I switch to zzthrawn lead, or should I use the zeta on R2 instead to help towards starring shore (and would help with TB)? My mods aren't that great so I'm wary of switching away from tarkin lead which lets me go first on everyone. Is thrawn lead that much better? Btw I'm not that close to having DT or storm ready. Will get there eventually...

Swgoh.gg/u/macattack
  • sooo when i get thrawn is the current successful empire group shore storm thrawn lead DK and DT?? because if that the case my first 2 zetas are going to thrawn lead and DT or am i missing someone in group?
  • Macattack9 wrote: »
    Need empire advice. Currently run tarkin lead with zthrawn, TFP, EP and shore. My shore is only 3* though and i want to upgrade my LS team to be able to start farming him. I have a zeta ready...should I switch to zzthrawn lead, or should I use the zeta on R2 instead to help towards starring shore (and would help with TB)? My mods aren't that great so I'm wary of switching away from tarkin lead which lets me go first on everyone. Is thrawn lead that much better? Btw I'm not that close to having DT or storm ready. Will get there eventually...

Swgoh.gg/u/macattack

Arena should be always your first priority, so I'd give Thrawn the zeta; his lead is currently Empire's best IMO
  • 212Attack wrote: »
    sooo when i get thrawn is the current successful empire group shore storm thrawn lead DK and DT?? because if that the case my first 2 zetas are going to thrawn lead and DT or am i missing someone in group?

YOu can use DN instead of DK and save the zeta - the DT zeta is good IF he's with DK and DK needs DT there with a zeta, but I personally think it's too specific of a need for a zeta. You'd be better off with using a zeta on Veers as it applies to a lot more toons and will apply to more released in the future with other troopers. These 3 DS / Empire combos work well in arena still vs. CLS rebels squads:

Thrawns zeta lead, Shore, Storm, DT and DN
    Thrawns zeta lead, Shore, Storm, zDT and DK
    Thrawns zeta lead, Shore, Storm, DT and zVeers

You can also swap in GK for Storm, but full DS those are you best options. I like DN (doesn't need zeta) and zVeers best due to wider applicability of the zeta on Veers and no zeta needed on DN. The Veers zeta also is just flat out way better - O up, TM gain and protection regen on deats is arguably the best zeta in the game and the synergy of that zeta combined with thrawns zeta lead is fantastic to watch work. There's no 2 better zeta combos in the game than Veers + Thrawn with Troopers.

• YOu can use DN instead of DK and save the zeta - the DT zeta is good IF he's with DK and DK needs DT there with a zeta, but I personally think it's too specific of a need for a zeta. You'd be better off with using a zeta on Veers as it applies to a lot more toons and will apply to more released in the future with other troopers. These 3 DS / Empire combos work well in arena still vs. CLS rebels squads:

Thrawns zeta lead, Shore, Storm, DT and DN
    Thrawns zeta lead, Shore, Storm, zDT and DK
    Thrawns zeta lead, Shore, Storm, DT and zVeers

You can also swap in GK for Storm, but full DS those are you best options. I like DN (doesn't need zeta) and zVeers best due to wider applicability of the zeta on Veers and no zeta needed on DN. The Veers zeta also is just flat out way better - O up, TM gain and protection regen on deats is arguably the best zeta in the game and the synergy of that zeta combined with thrawns zeta lead is fantastic to watch work. There's no 2 better zeta combos in the game than Veers + Thrawn with Troopers. [/quote]

Question tho, so with a seven star DK and DN what would my best option be? ZETA or not just wanna know what to work for
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I would say DK due to his versatility. He has a strong synergy with Death Trooper as well.
    Nihilus is a risk with CLS counter-spam, you need a very powerful tank line to effectively use him againct CLS teams. Same goes for DT as well, be careful with his grenade.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    I'd like to add a grain of salt to the Zeers being viable belief. I get destroyed when I run him with zz Tarkin, ShT, storm and DT. My guess is that there are some mod requirements zeers or for the comp as a whole, shard specific cases and/or turn by turn best practices. For me, he's simply to squishy and dies before he can do much.

Right now I can only use Zeers in GW and HAAT. It's a ton of fun and it's pretty strong but there are conditions. I also think the best zeta is reserved for Finn lead, TM gain and CD decrease with no deaths required.
  • Onark wrote: »
    I'd like to add a grain of salt to the Zeers being viable belief. I get destroyed when I run him with zz Tarkin, ShT, storm and DT. My guess is that there are some mod requirements zeers or for the comp as a whole, shard specific cases and/or turn by turn best practices. For me, he's simply to squishy and dies before he can do much.

Right now I can only use Zeers in GW and HAAT. It's a ton of fun and it's pretty strong but there are conditions. I also think the best zeta is reserved for Finn lead, TM gain and CD decrease with no deaths required.

Tarkin is a bad lead vs. CLS - he's kinda bad in general now for arena. You need Thrawn as the lead and zeta'd. Thrawn gives all Empire max protection and frequent protection regeneration; it is a huge increase in survivability. You also want the tanks to be fast so they can have taunt up a lot - Veers shouldn't be taking tons of damage.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    Apologies, I meant zzthrawn. Not Tarkin.
  • I'm doing pretty decent with my zzthrawn (L) DT Storm ShT and currently Tarkin, used DK instead but 4 mats short for DTs zeta, and running DK without just doesn't work. Tarkin actually works very well. He's beefy with good defense so survives a bit longer. On full cls led rebel teams he does get owned (counter) on his aoe.. Can't wait to see if the zeta on DT will make squishy DK viable in the heavy hitting rebel meta.
    My mods aren't that good, Thrawn 229 is highest the rest hangs around 200 sht lowest at 176 grinding speed mods for weeks now but no luck..

Tarkin is a bad lead vs. CLS - he's kinda bad in general now for arena. You need Thrawn as the lead and zeta'd. Thrawn gives all Empire max protection and frequent protection regeneration; it is a huge increase in survivability. You also want the tanks to be fast so they can have taunt up a lot - Veers shouldn't be taking tons of damage.

With CLS u can't really use veers he will die in max 2 rounds, and also gets owned on his aoe
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    DK can take some hits with DT zeta, especially with the rebels being designed for crit damage and not flat offense.
  • Yeah im curious how it will work out once DT's zeta'd ill try to record some fights for you guys

With CLS u can't really use veers he will die in max 2 rounds, and also gets owned on his aoe

Wrong....make sure your taunts are up before using Veers AOE anyway.
    Onark wrote: »

Wrong....make sure your taunts are up before using Veers AOE anyway.

If he plays on auto (like I sometimes do) Veers will kill himself with a quickness.

Manually, it's not too hard to keep him alive.

I can actually use Veers more now CLS has pushed all of the Sith Assassins (Veers' true Bane) out of my top 20-30.

I still prefer Krennic in any case. Especially if Zarriss is on the other team.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    How are you guys modding stormtrooper? I swapped mine out for GK and I've been really underwhelmed so I'm thinking I just need to take another approach to fitting in storm.