Are CLS rebel counter squads the end of DN?

Mine is hardly the hardest hitting rebel squad (until I swap in Raid Han and ATF :wink:) but DN basically kills himself by doing his AoE.

https://youtu.be/sO4aD3FW2Tc

Is this the end of DN? Is it finally too risky to run him in non Zaul teams?

Replies

• Well cls killed him, was to beatable with Rex for the most.
  • Mine is hardly the hardest hitting rebel squad (until I swap in Raid Han and ATF :wink:) but DN basically kills himself by doing his AoE.

R2 in the squad, give him Stealth and he won't be getting counters.
    But yes, Luke's 50% Counter chance feels like 150%.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Use DN lead and he's a lot harder to kill.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Nah, he's not dead. He's a useful tool in your arsenal. A counter to CLS lead is Zariss. Well, guess who the counter to Zariss is? DN.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    My Nihilus either doesn't survive long enough to annihilate, or the fight is already over and it's too late. His AoE against a counter team is too dangerous, and the cooldown is too long for it to be useful without it. His basic dispel is nice, but he's mostly a one trick pony who isn't a good choice against a CLS counter team.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    My Nihilus either doesn't survive long enough to annihilate, or the fight is already over and it's too late. His AoE against a counter team is too dangerous, and the cooldown is too long for it to be useful without it. His basic dispel is nice, but he's mostly a one trick pony who isn't a good choice against a CLS counter team.

Yeah, he'd be terrible to run against CLS unless you also run R2 for stealth. He would be great against a Zariss based team though. They're all about delaying until they slowly take you down. So annihilate should end up happening
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Gk lead Zarris Thrawn dn Han beats the strongest of cls comps crit immunity and Zarris I aoe all the time and hardly ever lose a toon
  • for offense, rex,dn,r2,gk,thrawn will work against cls teams.
  • DV (L)
    R2
    DN
    GK
    Thrawn
  • zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Mine is hardly the hardest hitting rebel squad (until I swap in Raid Han and ATF :wink:) but DN basically kills himself by doing his AoE.

Nope it's the end of squads without a tank (if such squads dare to still exist). :)
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Nah, he's not dead. He's a useful tool in your arsenal. A counter to CLS lead is Zariss. Well, guess who the counter to Zariss is? DN.

One just needs to play DN under a CLS lead - problem solved and DN unique zeta synergizes **** well with Luke lead own zeta especially againt Rex lead.
    R2 will also help DN to use his AoE while being stealthy.

• One just needs to play DN under a CLS lead - problem solved and DN unique zeta synergizes **** well with Luke lead own zeta especially againt Rex lead.
    R2 will also help DN to use his AoE while being stealthy.

you run DN zeta unique with CLS zeta lead? is it worth?
  • evoluza wrote: »
    12k on basic against Rex with your Luke... And you talk about hardest hitting rebels?

Well my CLS is only g10. I've put speed mods on him so he's not optimized for damage, so he's not going to be hitting for 20k ... Yet. :)

But it's now possible to surround CLS with a LOT of hard hitting rebels. ATF, Ezra, Leia, Han, etc. But a pure damage team (with maybe R2 as the only support) definitely seems like a viable way to build a team now.
  • Mine is hardly the hardest hitting rebel squad (until I swap in Raid Han and ATF :wink:) but DN basically kills himself by doing his AoE.

Nope it's the end of squads without a tank (if such squads dare to still exist). :)

It's funny - I was reading a thread that said tanks were dead because Raid Han can avoid pre taunts to start the fight, and CLS can avoid taunts during the fight.

There are definitely a lot of different ways to build a team these days!
  • Since CLS arrived DN has been in decline and he's more of a counter-elite build, not the core guy in elite builds any longer. His value is lessened in arena, but not "dead" - Maul is dead - DN is just not king of the hill anymore. Pre-CLS DN usage on #1 teams per gg was steady around 75-80% for months - already he's down to 45% usage.

And on Tanks...yeah idk where the thought on running tanks being a necessity is coming from. Now more than ever, tanks are optional. I think you're better off with another damage dealer in there.