Ver Update 9: 08/28/2017 [MEGA]

Replies

• Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    Now August is Wednesday?

We will know that tomorrow

Deja vu. That what everyone said in July :D:'(

And they added CLS... So maybe TB tomorrow...
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    CUPz pls
  • Another reason they may be removing the current daily pack could be to implement an automatic recurring monthly purchase pack. It makes better sense to have the purchase happen automatically rather than requiring the player to sign in and initiate the transaction every renewal period. It is a more consistent revenue stream that can be used for forecasting and budgeting over the long term.

Totally agree with this, but it makes no sense to alienate their customers and drive away those interested in such a subscription in the meantime by removing the current pack.
  • I'm betting the September toon is HRSo, but they aren't telling people because they don't want to devalue the packs that many will buy over the next 3 days.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    usho1 wrote: »
    CUPz pls

Yes, that would be awesome
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    The daily crystal pack is $10 for 21 days of crystals (or 220 crystals with the free bonus), or 45.45 cents per 100 crystals.
    The 'most popular' pack they offer is 2800 crystals for $20. That is 71.43 cents per 100 crystals.

71.43/45.45 = 157%. From an accounting standpoint, you are leaving 57% of your potential profit on the table by selling the daily pack vs the 'most popular' pack.

My assumption is the accountants are going to come in with a 30 day pack (still 100 crystals a day) for $20, with a free 200 crystals to start. The brings the price per crystal to 62.5 cents per 100 crystals.

IMO.

Not if you dont sell them because people wont buy them. Its virtual currency that costs nothing to create.
  • So when is the update live?
  • This is the part where i urge someone with photoshop skillz to post a picture of hoth rebel solider posing smexily as Mr. September... with the caption... "would you like to see my Ion Cannon"
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    The devs has really done a good job with the memory management, at least on iPad, my 4th gen is running as smoothly as in 2015 now and on my Air2 the game runs faster than ever
    -
    The Accountants in charge did a terrible job, I usually buys a couple of Vaults a month and the Crystal Booster, but the removal of the Booster is so below the waist that I won't be buying any crystals until it's back or replaced with something similar, so that's 200-300$ + Booster lost from me per month.
    And I probably isn't the only one
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    @Loose_Lee
    That user will be jailed or banned xD
  • Bhaalor wrote: »
    DAILY CRYSTAL BOOSTER SIGNS OFF

We are removing the Daily Crystal Booster from the Store effective 8/29/2017 for Android and iPhone users. Any Daily Crystal Boosters purchased before 8/29 will yield their full 21 days of crystals. We are reviewing alternative formulations of the booster pack and hope to bring it back in the future.

What... what was the reasoning behind this? This was simply the best deal for crystal that there was.

Correct! It was a good deal, can't have those lingering around ;-)
  • I just want to echo all the negative comments regarding the booster pack. It was really a good deal.
  • If my Guild leader is under 65 will my guild not be able to start raids?
  • I agree with most of you here. I routinely bought the booster pack. Won't be buying anything else unless they bring it back the same or better.
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    It's really sad that the biggest update to the game to date is overshadowed (10 pages worth and counting) by the most horrible decision to take away a way for us to give money to them.
  • SumiXam wrote: »
    @Devs...Removing the crystal booster pack is a terrible idea. With all of the good things happening in the game right now, why do this?

You can't blame this on the Devs. This has nothing to do with game development. This is a marketing decision. Devs have nothing to do with it.
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    Cuzzins wrote: »
    Bhaalor wrote: »

We are removing the Daily Crystal Booster from the Store effective 8/29/2017 for Android and iPhone users. Any Daily Crystal Boosters purchased before 8/29 will yield their full 21 days of crystals. We are reviewing alternative formulations of the booster pack and hope to bring it back in the future.

What... what was the reasoning behind this? This was simply the best deal for crystal that there was.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I do not alter it further."
  • Tuscan21 wrote: »
    And the September toon?

I would guess nightsister acolyte but thats in a cantina node, the biggest gem-eater of the game next to shipments, so i'll go with mob enforcer. :D
  • I bought the booster pack every time it was available. Just want to echo everyone else here in my disappointment in how this was handled.

I've been a CG apologist for most of their decisions - I get that they need to make money. This one hurts though. It makes me angry. I realize that we'll get the booster back, but it will almost certainly cost more money. In a game that has horrible value for spending cash (effective $10 for ONE piece of raid gear), we had one decent deal, and now it's gone because they realized they could probably gauge us for more and get away with it.

It's extremely off-putting. I'll wait and see how it's handled, but I'm extremely discouraged. Enough of these "events" and I will probably have to stop playing.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Ceodoc wrote: »
    Cuzzins wrote: »

"I am altering the deal. Pray I do not alter it further."

Yeah, big difference though is in this deal if we dont like it we dont get force choked, we just dont take any deals.
  • Re: most of update -- AWESOME
    Re: invisible damage indicators -- oops
    Re: daily booster -- bad move

It takes a special kind of strategy to shoot yourselves in the foot like this. You could have at least waited a week.
  • MoeB74 wrote: »
    SumiXam wrote: »
    @Devs...Removing the crystal booster pack is a terrible idea. With all of the good things happening in the game right now, why do this?

You can't blame this on the Devs. This has nothing to do with game development. This is a marketing decision. Devs have nothing to do with it.

*sigh* You clearly know what was meant and you have to argue semantics? No wonder the majority of the users went to Reddit...too many wannabe interwebz police around here.
  • Man they really can't catch a break in August :lol: Operation take back August was a failure :lol: don't worry there is always next August :lol:
  • ZhilAxfow
    58 posts Member
    edited August 2017

Maybe cause it was the best deal is the reasoning behind.

I am altering the deal pray i don't alter it any further.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Re: most of update -- AWESOME
    Re: invisible damage indicators -- oops
    Re: daily booster -- bad move

It takes a special kind of strategy to shoot yourselves in the foot like this. You could have at least waited a week.

Absolutely, and here I thought SONY had patented this way of shooting yourself in the foot (MiniDisc, Betamax, etc.)
    Guess I was wrong
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Way to go CG. You tainted an otherwise excitingly awesome update. You (CG) thought you could squeeze in this booster pack news with the cover of Territory Battles. And now guess what... Nobody is talking about TB's.

I don't even buy the booster pack, I buy the crystal packs. But I understand the desire and need of the booster. Do the right thing and bring back the pack so we can get back to talking about Territory Battles.
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    If only they had the foresight of the impending shadow this would have created. /sigh
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    So why remove the booster now, instead of waiting for these "alternate forms" to arrive and switch it at that time? Or at very least, mention what the new form(s) of the booster will be if for some reason overlapping boosters is the issue. Or, just be upfront that it's gone without a replacement. It's like someone slept through customer relations class.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • The only thing I have EVER purchased in this game is the booster, and I do it with regularity... Roughly once a month. I suppose this makes me a minnow or goldfish or whatever, but it has now made me fully FTP and I doubt I am the only one. The other packages simply do not have enough value. This move will prove to remove what I expect is a significant revenue stream from a large minnow player base. Do you not realize that whales do not make up your entire income?
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    So why remove the booster now, instead of waiting for these "alternate forms" to arrive and switch it at that time? Or at very least, mention what the new form(s) of the booster will be if for some reason overlapping boosters is the issue. Or, just be upfront that it's gone without a replacement. It's like someone slept through customer relations class.

Feel like we're only getting half the story. There was probably an exploit with it that someone took advantage of and ruined it for the whole community.