Ver Update 9: 08/28/2017 [MEGA]

Replies

• Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be Hoda.

tenor.gif
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Rogee wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    So why remove the booster now, instead of waiting for these "alternate forms" to arrive and switch it at that time? Or at very least, mention what the new form(s) of the booster will be if for some reason overlapping boosters is the issue. Or, just be upfront that it's gone without a replacement. It's like someone slept through customer relations class.

Feel like we're only getting half the story. There was probably an exploit with it that someone took advantage of and ruined it for the whole community.

Yeah. Though if there was an exploit, just say so and most users of the booster would be a lot less upset. The fact that no reason was cited leads people to speculate that it was greed that motivated its removal. "We Hope" it will return doesn't offer much consolation. Hopefully one of the devs clarifies this soon.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I think they removed the 21 day crystal pack so everyone could rush and buy it for "one last time." Then in one month, it will return. Think about it, everyone is gonna rush to buy it once more. Revenue will sky rocket. Then it'll return in one month, and everyone will buy it again

Exactly. Except when they bring it back, it will be more expensive and give you less crystals.
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    People's spending habits are most likely the cause, i.e. I've probably only bought x2 boosters in 18mo. But I've bought more $20 crystal packs (then i care to admit) on impulse, for gear in the fleet shipments.

People who buy boosters probably buy crystals less, thus they may be trying to convert the patient spenders, to impulse spenders.
  • dogwelder79
    1465 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    It's funny how everybody brags about getting everything for free, soloing every raid as f2p, finishing every event without buying packs or gears, being first in their arena shard "full of whales"... And now turns out that everybody was buying crystals regularly. LOL. Now I understand a lot of things.
    But it isn't such a big problem. If you want to keep spending, get other crystal packs. If you don't want to spend, become f2p (this time for real). Being f2p is not so bad, you only need more time to get toons, gears and mods.
    Now seriously, don't worry. They are trying to get a lot of people to buy "before it ends". In a month or two, they'll say "well, because people really misses those crystal packs we are bringing them back. We listen to feedback!". And then, people will rush to buy in case they take it back again.
  • It's funny how everybody brags about getting everything for free, soloing every raid as f2p, finishing every event without buying packs or gears, being first in their arena shard "full of whales"... And now turns out that everybody was buying crystals regularly. LOL. Now I understand a lot of things.

Or you're just talking about two different groups of people. It's the non-f2p that are talking the most in here because this update affects them.
    But it isn't such a big problem. If you want to keep spending, get other crystal packs. If you don't want to spend, become f2p (this time for real). Being f2p is not so bad, you only need more time to get toons, gears and mods.

I can't hoard. Something about my mentality. I literally can't buy a $20 crystal pack and make it last, spending only 100 crystals of it a day. Therefore, I will not be replacing the daily crystal booster with anything.
    Now seriously, don't worry. They are trying to get a lot of people to buy "before it ends". In a month or two, they'll say "well, because people really misses those crystal packs we are bringing them back. We listen to feedback!". And then, people will rush to buy in case they take it back again.

Not a chance. You're forgetting all of the people that have a crystal booster in place that will run out after it's gone. We don't have the option to buy another one now. More likely, they want to see what spending habits are like with it gone and people frantically trying to farm Captain Han Solo with their cantina refreshes.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Rogee wrote: »
    People's spending habits are most likely the cause, i.e. I've probably only bought x2 boosters in 18mo. But I've bought more $20 crystal packs (then i care to admit) on impulse, for gear in the fleet shipments.

People who buy boosters probably buy crystals less, thus they may be trying to convert the patient spenders, to impulse spenders.
    Most people who are patient spenders are also those that count value for bucks, they are also very unlikely to start doing impulse buying, it's more likely that they will spend their money somewhere else and if the game gets to hard to keep up they simply quit
    Only way to get those who patience with their purchases to do impulse buying, is to do surprise limited sales, simple well proven sales tactic
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • I'd say light side but not rebel; I'd say it won't be a new unit. Though if it is a rebel it'll be a Rogue One or Phoenix unit. I wish it to be Fulcrum, but, you know.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    Operation take back August was a failure :lol: don't worry there is always next August :lol:

"August" now will mean "a game update that takes away good things." :D:'(
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The forums are starting to float with all the salty tears in this mega.

I get it. They've heard you. They suckered me in, went ahead and bought one last pack because I'm really excited for Territory Battles!
    Moving on...
    @CG_RyDiggs / @CG_Carrie / @CG_Kozispoon - Can you please tell us with certainty - Does TB start tomorrow, or 9/6?
    Will the packs/Han node update today at 7:30pm ET (right when I'm in the middle of an arena battle per the norm)?
  • MoeB74 wrote: »
    SumiXam wrote: »
    @Devs...Removing the crystal booster pack is a terrible idea. With all of the good things happening in the game right now, why do this?

You can't blame this on the Devs. This has nothing to do with game development. This is a marketing decision. Devs have nothing to do with it.

Well yeah of course.. if u can pointed me to SWGOH marketing division forum that will be awesome, i can unleash my unlimited power there.

Obviously, this is the ONLY official forum to talk about the game. Do u have any suggestion where we can voice our thought about daily booters removal? reddit?

:flushed:
  • UrbanSpacemanKAL
    2450 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    People have a right to express opinion, but as usual some are making this into the worst thing ever since the last worst thing ever. It's not:

X3syHee.gif

In all seriousness, if this is the worst thing that happened to you recently, it's a bit of a first world problem. Thousands in this community will now have $11 they were going to spend on crystals they can get for free by waiting.

There are certainly no current situations ongoing where that could help anyone or anything.
    Post edited by UrbanSpacemanKAL on
  • Bhaalor wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Be advised.. wise man will come:
    - If u don't wanna buy, don't buy
    - Nobody force u to play the game
    - Quit whinning!!
    - etc

:#

If you dont speak out, they will never know its an issue. Staying silent and accepting it just cuz its "their game" is pathetic.

I don't mind to speak out, but i know "my ground". We can't speak up freely in host home. I can't silent either.. i can organize via messaging apps. I know many whales.. sooo just wait n see
  • No more booster? Oh well just bought another vault. Onto more important things like when we get our first TB and when han is in the cantina :)
  • I understand the anger at the booster removal, I am right there with all of you. However I believe there is much more at play then simple greed or stupid moves.

From an accountant perspective: The 21 day booster was originally never meant to be an ongoing subscription. It was meant to get a player hooked and invested.
    Now that they know players are willing to have an ongoing subscription they can forecast revenue.
    The question is what to replace the booster with as a subscription. As the words affect our spending habits. A booster is simple and easy with little expectation. However a subscription will have a higher expectation, 3200 crystals (100 bonus, and 100 daily) at 15 or 16 dollars would be identical to the booster but is it enough to have user subscribe.

Personal opinion: If this is a move to increase revenue by getting more users buying crystals monthly by reworking the booster. Then I think a subscription is the way to go, but to get more users to spend I believe that a random gear salvage drop of 5 (mainly thinking about Mk III Czerka Stun Cuffs Salvage, Mk V A/KT Stun Gun Prototype Salvage, and Mk III Sienar Holo Projector Salvage) daily, since gear is the biggest crunch, that will keep players engaged. This will probably also increase the number of individuals spending on the game that were previously F2P.

Most people are budget conscious by either necessity or desire, few people are truly instant gratification spenders that can afford it for the long haul.

P.S. Developers if you take this suggestion into consideration be sure not to add gear from challenges or has less than 1000 pieces needed across all toons. It would water down the bonus.
  • Don't feel bad, guys. I've been playing for over a year and forgot that there even was a crystal boost option. Now...

4934652667_ba04c77366.jpg
    Real Old Timers and Misfits - Officer

OldGreybeard 763-474-659
  • Is anyone else completely confused by the TB gameplay? Seems like a game that is relatively easy to play has become seriously complicated. I wonder if that is going to turn some people off.
  • Waiting this long for TB is turning people off.
  • Not confused, just want to get to the hands on part of it.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    When I read the post that explained TB, I thought it was was going to be confusing, but now I think it's not that hard to understand
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Is anyone else completely confused by the TB gameplay? Seems like a game that is relatively easy to play has become seriously complicated. I wonder if that is going to turn some people off.

From the general stance and reaction we got in the TB timing update, I think we are over analyzing this and it's more straight forward then we all think.

We will all have a better idea when we play it but I think we will all survive and have this down in no time.
  • Iden Versio would be a fantastic login character...!
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Mine is still locked in my guild.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Tman wrote: »
    Mine is still locked in my guild.

It is locked, no one can play TB ATM
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Is anyone else completely confused by the TB gameplay? Seems like a game that is relatively easy to play has become seriously complicated. I wonder if that is going to turn some people off.

From the general stance and reaction we got in the TB timing update, I think we are over analyzing this and it's more straight forward then we all think.

We will all have a better idea when we play it but I think we will all survive and have this down in no time.

I'm not so sure. From talking to other players, it seems like guild officers are going to provide direction as they can look at everyone's roster and coordinate. It doesn't sound like I can just go in and play. I feel that players who don't go along with the guild's plan are going to be booted.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    FusRoJosh wrote: »
    Iden Versio would be a fantastic login character...!

I think inferno squad will appear in November
  • Metroplex79
    832 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Not hard at all.

-actual combat is in Combat Missions and Special Missions (approx. 2-6 per Phase)
    -play BINGO in Platoon Missions
    -dump the rest everything you got into your Guild's Deployments (1 to 3 per phase)

Later phases would have 1 requirement or 2 in Platoon, so you just have to chose to either Platoon that Toon or use in Combat. Hence, communication in Guild would be beneficial.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Ish_Vos wrote: »
    I understand the anger at the booster removal, I am right there with all of you. However I believe there is much more at play then simple greed or **** moves.

From an accountant perspective: The 21 day booster was originally never meant to be an ongoing subscription. It was meant to get a player hooked and invested.
    Now that they know players are willing to have an ongoing subscription they can forecast revenue.
    The question is what to replace the booster with as a subscription. As the words affect our spending habits. A booster is simple and easy with little expectation. However a subscription will have a higher expectation, 3200 crystals (100 bonus, and 100 daily) at 15 or 16 dollars would be identical to the booster but is it enough to have user subscribe.

Personal opinion: If this is a move to increase revenue by getting more users buying crystals monthly by reworking the booster. Then I think a subscription is the way to go, but to get more users to spend I believe that a random gear salvage drop of 5 (mainly thinking about Mk III Czerka Stun Cuffs Salvage, Mk V A/KT Stun Gun Prototype Salvage, and Mk III Sienar Holo Projector Salvage) daily, since gear is the biggest crunch, that will keep players engaged. This will probably also increase the number of individuals spending on the game that were previously F2P.

Most people are budget conscious by either necessity or desire, few people are truly instant gratification spenders that can afford it for the long haul.

P.S. Developers if you take this suggestion into consideration be sure not to add gear from challenges or has less than 1000 pieces needed across all toons. It would water down the bonus.

If they replace it with a subscription say 15 bux for a full month, that would be absolutely fantastic. That wasnt mentioned however, so we dont know how true or false that is.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    Be advised.. wise man will come:
    - If u don't wanna buy, don't buy
    - Nobody force u to play the game
    - Quit whinning!!
    - etc

If you dont speak out, they will never know its an issue. Staying silent and accepting it just cuz its "their game" is pathetic.

I don't mind to speak out, but i know "my ground". We can't speak up freely in host home. I can't silent either.. i can organize via messaging apps. I know many whales.. sooo just wait n see

Best of luck; if you have a message you wish passed on some other boards, let me know. As far as my ground, I "now" know about how far I can take it before "something happens". I'll skirt that edge the best I can; and push some of the other stuff into discord/youtube/line rooms and Reddit.