Ver Update 9: 08/28/2017 [MEGA]

Replies

• Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    HA! Just got a pop up "SPECIAL DEAL JUST FOR YOU!" "completely regular priced crystal pack" um.. no thanks.
  • It seems they value the feedback recently, so i'll take 30 seconds to write my thoughts about this:
    Everything is good, the game seems more "vital" than ever, they probably HAVE to generate some more cash flow otherwise i don't think they would have removed the crystal delivery....Point is: MANY players, me included, always ever spent their money on that delivery, nothing more; they (me included) are not gonna spend otherwise, and even if they still had a pulse, they probably still wouldn't because of it looking like "scam" (why would i spend so much more on the same value?)

So, i believe that what probably looks good from the math (probably al lot of microeconomics stuff) actually is NOT.
    But i think they know this, they are probably trying to generate a shot time cash flow, so here's what's gonna happen:
    1) The crystal daily delivery will come back soon, maybe different or maybe not, as this might be a test (like 5 hard node fights). Obviously, they are not going to tell you THIS time, as if we knew it is a test we would simply wait for the delivery to return. They want us to believe they won't come back so we spend money and they can do their statistics.
    2)It could show up in the future to people who stopped spending as a "special offer"

So, can just wait and see! i will not sure spend any money, as the deliveries were the only thing that was not overpriced, or at least not too much
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Ish_Vos wrote: »
    I understand the anger at the booster removal, I am right there with all of you. However I believe there is much more at play then simple greed or **** moves.

From an accountant perspective: The 21 day booster was originally never meant to be an ongoing subscription. It was meant to get a player hooked and invested.
    Now that they know players are willing to have an ongoing subscription they can forecast revenue.
    The question is what to replace the booster with as a subscription. As the words affect our spending habits. A booster is simple and easy with little expectation. However a subscription will have a higher expectation, 3200 crystals (100 bonus, and 100 daily) at 15 or 16 dollars would be identical to the booster but is it enough to have user subscribe.

Personal opinion: If this is a move to increase revenue by getting more users buying crystals monthly by reworking the booster. Then I think a subscription is the way to go, but to get more users to spend I believe that a random gear salvage drop of 5 (mainly thinking about Mk III Czerka Stun Cuffs Salvage, Mk V A/KT Stun Gun Prototype Salvage, and Mk III Sienar Holo Projector Salvage) daily, since gear is the biggest crunch, that will keep players engaged. This will probably also increase the number of individuals spending on the game that were previously F2P.

Most people are budget conscious by either necessity or desire, few people are truly instant gratification spenders that can afford it for the long haul.

P.S. Developers if you take this suggestion into consideration be sure not to add gear from challenges or has less than 1000 pieces needed across all toons. It would water down the bonus.

I'd totally be down for a monthly subscription.
    With an option to auto-renew, would be nice.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Rogee wrote: »
    Ish_Vos wrote: »
    I understand the anger at the booster removal, I am right there with all of you. However I believe there is much more at play then simple greed or **** moves.

From an accountant perspective: The 21 day booster was originally never meant to be an ongoing subscription. It was meant to get a player hooked and invested.
    Now that they know players are willing to have an ongoing subscription they can forecast revenue.
    The question is what to replace the booster with as a subscription. As the words affect our spending habits. A booster is simple and easy with little expectation. However a subscription will have a higher expectation, 3200 crystals (100 bonus, and 100 daily) at 15 or 16 dollars would be identical to the booster but is it enough to have user subscribe.

Personal opinion: If this is a move to increase revenue by getting more users buying crystals monthly by reworking the booster. Then I think a subscription is the way to go, but to get more users to spend I believe that a random gear salvage drop of 5 (mainly thinking about Mk III Czerka Stun Cuffs Salvage, Mk V A/KT Stun Gun Prototype Salvage, and Mk III Sienar Holo Projector Salvage) daily, since gear is the biggest crunch, that will keep players engaged. This will probably also increase the number of individuals spending on the game that were previously F2P.

Most people are budget conscious by either necessity or desire, few people are truly instant gratification spenders that can afford it for the long haul.

P.S. Developers if you take this suggestion into consideration be sure not to add gear from challenges or has less than 1000 pieces needed across all toons. It would water down the bonus.

I'd totally be down for a monthly subscription.
    With an option to auto-renew, would be nice.

Yup; and they let you link to your facebook; but not your SWTOR account or Origin account which is odd.
  • Whatever you want it to be, just assume it's not that. There's your answer
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    People have a right to express opinion, but as usual some are making this into the worst thing ever since the last worst thing ever. It's not:

X3syHee.gif

In all seriousness, if this is the worst thing that happened to you recently, it's a bit of a first world problem. Thousands in this community will now have $11 they were going to spend on crystals they can get for free by waiting.

There are certainly no current situations ongoing where that could help anyone or anything.

Stop being so sanctimonious - this is a forum about a mobile game. We're not trying to cure cancer or stop world hunger. Yes, EVERYTHING anyone ever posts here is a first world problem....because it's a forum about a mobile game.

Feedback about the game is the point.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    Chaze :wink:
  • If we get lucky, it'll be a new Jedi for our Jedi pass in September
  • New toon: Snowspeeder pilot. To go with the new Snowspeeder ship.
  • Bakhtosh wrote: »
    New toon: Snowspeeder pilot. To go with the new Snowspeeder ship.
    They don't fly in space, do they?

I thought they're just atmospheric vehicles.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • ZephimyrAC wrote: »
    I'm guessing it will be Bib Fortuna.
    zbNUawp.gif

I would bet on a dark side character. Maybe Director Krennic, or a new generic trooper unit.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    so downloaded and installed the update yesterday, but when does any of the changes mentioned in it go live? would it be all at once or only when TB comes out? mainly wondering whether Fulcrum's in fleet shipments yet, haven't seen her...
  • I believe it will be a Generic Monk Caregiver from the Jedi Island !!
  • We will have a client restart later today when everything goes live
  • Likely... the changes come today around 6:30pm ET when the update is forced on all users with ATF appearing in the shard shop after a refresh or your next day starts.
  • UrbanSpacemanKAL
    2450 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    There's a difference between honest feedback and being over dramatically furious over something that at the end of the day isn't real. You can still buy crystals. No one forces you to buy crystals. Do you cry at the gas station when gas goes up?

Why not? That's a way more legitimate life situation.

• Typically the app update goes out, gets normalized across the player base by being required. Once they can be sure only people on the same client can now play that is when they activate the update remotely and you'll get a client restart.

My current guess is tomorrow for activating (so Hoth Han being available, Fulcrum in store) but still not sure if that will include starting TB or if that will be next week.
  • Haven't seen her yet either. I'd bet she'll be released to it when CHan is added to Cantina 7-D
  • But if they were changing the model they could've just switched it out with the new one instead of removing it in its entirety
  • Does anyone know if we need to gain tickets to start TB like we do for raids?
  • DarthGazza wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we need to gain tickets to start TB like we do for raids?

Nope, gonna start every Wednesday automatically. No tickets needed
  • Cuzzins wrote: »
    DarthGazza wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we need to gain tickets to start TB like we do for raids?

Nope, gonna start every Wednesday automatically. No tickets needed

Thanks
  • Bennehftw wrote: »
    But if they were changing the model they could've just switched it out with the new one instead of removing it in its entirety
    This is not how it works, though.
    They have to test the waters and see how it impact players spending habits and whatnot.
    I posted about it yesterday, and I think people missed the message I was trying to deliver: it's ok to criticize what they done in this regard, and give feedback that you are dissatisfied with it, but simply skipping the goods of this update and focusing on the negative is not the way to do it. IMHO.
    Also, this is a business. If this change means less revenue for them, they will bring it back. Chill.
  • Bennehftw wrote: »
    But if they were changing the model they could've just switched it out with the new one instead of removing it in its entirety
    This is not how it works, though.
    They have to test the waters and see how it impact players spending habits and whatnot.
    I posted about it yesterday, and I think people missed the message I was trying to deliver: it's ok to criticize what they done in this regard, and give feedback that you are dissatisfied with it, but simply skipping the goods of this update and focusing on the negative is not the way to do it. IMHO.
    Also, this is a business. If this change means less revenue for them, they will bring it back. Chill.

There's also the chance they bring it back in a way that both makes them more money and gives better values to players. Didn't they say they were looking into it? Some just assume it's a cash grab & I'm not sure evidence for that is in the notes.

If you're being objective about all this.
  • I know it's probably already been asked but can't find the discussion.
  • I read a little of one thread, and most seemed to think it would be Hoth Rebel Soldier.
  • Imperial Probe Droid