Ver Update 9: 08/28/2017 [MEGA]

Replies

• hothhan.jpg
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • leef wrote: »
    Torzek wrote: »
    I feel sorry for all of you who saved energy for TB only to find out it was delayed. I thought the people in Texas had it bad, but man. You poor, poor people!

i feel sorry for all those people in texas. I thought the people in siera leone had it bad, but man. Those poor poor people.
    For the record, i sympathize with both. I'm just saying that when i stub my toe it doesn't hurt any less knowing that some other unfortunate soul lost his leg to a landmine. But then again, Walter Sobchak didn't watch his buddies die face down in the mud to hear me complain about stubbing my toe.

Is that where he's getting his toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon? Never knew you were a nail polish guy.
  • Does make me feel a bit better about not doing something foolish like maxing out my cantina energy on the speculation that I'll be able to fast farm something.
  • iHATeMolEliza
    141 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    THey have to release something today or tomorrow or push a hot fix or else we won't Phasma Shards we don't need starting on Friday.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Nvm
  • SHIPS AND SHARDS
    Captain Han Solo shards are now available on Cantina Battles (Battle 7-D).

For a limited time, Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum) is available in the Shard Store. Additionally, Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum) will be farmable in Fleet Shipments
  • Indigø wrote: »
    So some of us have made preparations based on the time line of TB being released today. Can we get more info on the ETA for release? If it's not today or this week even, will need to dump some energy.

Would be nice if crystal compensation is offered if update is pushed beyond today. I don't always buy the 200 crystal cantina refreshes, but did specifically to use on Han today.

So you're telling me you bought the 2 cantina refreshes before you looked to see if he was actually on the node?

I'd say that's you jumping the gun there personally. Now the first territory battle was scheduled to start at 6AM today before the delay (according to Kozi's thread). Since they go by Pacific time, that means the time when all the changes were expected to be live hasn't actually happened yet, which means even if they were going live, you STILL would have jumped the gun by buying the refreshes before looking to see if he was there.

Not being mean, it's just that this is really your own screw up, not theirs.

• Woodroward wrote: »
    Indigø wrote: »
    So some of us have made preparations based on the time line of TB being released today. Can we get more info on the ETA for release? If it's not today or this week even, will need to dump some energy.

Would be nice if crystal compensation is offered if update is pushed beyond today. I don't always buy the 200 crystal cantina refreshes, but did specifically to use on Han today.

So you're telling me you bought the 2 cantina refreshes before you looked to see if he was actually on the node?

I'd say that's you jumping the gun there personally. Now the first territory battle was scheduled to start at 6AM today before the delay (according to Kozi's thread). Since they go by Pacific time, that means the time when all the changes were expected to be live hasn't actually happened yet, which means even if they were going live, you STILL would have jumped the gun by buying the refreshes before looking to see if he was there.

I'm sure the 6 AM from Kozi was a typo. The timing had changed to 1pm UTC. Previously was going to be 6 AM of the guild leader's time zone (but starting on Fridays).

But the rest of your comment was legit.
  • 1pm utc is 6am Pacific
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »

I'm sure the 6 AM from Kozi was a typo. The timing had changed to 1pm UTC. Previously was going to be 6 AM of the guild leader's time zone (but starting on Fridays).

But the rest of your comment was legit.

6AM PDT = 1PM UTC.
  • So perhaps also consider that for newer players phamsa is not as easy to acquire. They would have not have gotten her when we all did as she hasn't been arena viable for a long time, and many newer players struggle to complete gw every day. There is quite a lot of competition for how to spend gw tokens for newer players.

Daily log in also does not give you that many shards. It is more used to get you started on a toon that is worth farming for future content.
  • I bought 5 cantina refreshes last night, anticipating TB going live today. I planned to buy another 5 today as well. Normally I just buy the 3x 100 refreshes. Just saying it's an extra 400 crystals I spent trying to prepare that would've been unnecessary if there is a substantial delay.

Some form of crystal compensation shouldn't be out of the question.
  • EA owes you compensation because you bought a refresh but didn't use it? Or you did use it but want compensation for having to use it on a different toon even though you bought it before he was actually released.
  • Finity wrote: »
    hothhan.jpg

This has improved my mood enough to make me move along, thanks.
  • If the update doesnt go live any time soon, and If they wanna deduct 240 cantina energy from my stock and refund 400 crystals that'd be fine too. I'm just saying I only stockpiled extra due to this update going live today.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I bought 5 cantina refreshes last night, anticipating TB going live today. I planned to buy another 5 today as well. Normally I just buy the 3x 100 refreshes. Just saying it's an extra 400 crystals I spent trying to prepare that would've been unnecessary if there is a substantial delay.

Some form of crystal compensation shouldn't be out of the question.

Ok, did you buy your refreshes before or after Kozi said:
    Hiya Holotable heroes,

We have found a fix for the visual issue affecting training droids (See dev update <<HERE>>) and certain characters during the pack opening sequence. This fix will go up as soon as possible. As a result, we will not be launching the first Territory Battle at 6AM this Wednesday (8/30) as intended. However, we do plan to release it shortly, and will keep you posted.
    in here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/129428/version-update-delay#latest

They let us know it wasn't going live today yesterday...
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Finity wrote: »
    hothhan.jpg

Yay! Chewie shards (^o^)
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Bought before that. Had I been privy to that notice, I'd have not bought the extra 2 refreshes and spent the first 3 as normal so that I could continue accruing free energy. Currently I'm losing the free energy for as long as I sit on this stockpile so more info about an updated ETA would be helpful.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    While waiting on the push update
    Here's a time killer I just found on this site
    https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/galaxy-of-heroes/guild-name-generator
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Of all the pressing issues that are wrong with this game, thank you for this.
  • Aye you've wasted at least 60 energy sitting on it as long as you have. Personally I wouldn't have bought refreshes over 12 hours in advance of when I was expecting to use them just for that reason.

I think you are probably fighting an uphill battle here trying to get compensated for energy when the way you did it guaranteed a fair amount was going to waste.

I'm sure we'll hear something more about the update in about 3 hours. (Just a guess based on time zones).
  • I agree with the OP that we should at least be given a timeframe because I too have capped my energy out using crystals. And yes it was announced on Twitter hence my dropping of crystals before my reset last night 12uk time so that I could have the best start possible on captain han solo. And finally to all the people bringing up Texas it's irrelevant to this post, yes Texas floods are a huge issue and some of my guildies are actually affected so I would appreciate you thinking before you come on here and try and belittle a post on a fictional game usimg real life issues. But just for you i'll give you an example that maybe your strange logic might understand, 6million jews died in ww2 holocausts so what's a little bit of flooding or crystals wasted? Think before you write please!
  • Everyone
    This game is now divided between the time before TB and the time after

Not yet it isn't. It's only "time before TB" so far...
  • It's 6:30 AM in the Pacific time zone right now. I don't expect anyone who can really do anything to be in for at least half an hour, maybe an hour and a half. Afterwards, they'd probably need an hour or two to get up to speed on what the techs who worked overnight came up with (if there are any) or to refamiliarize themselves with the issues at hand.

Hence why I said i would expect word in about 3 hours.
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    Ztyle wrote: »
    While waiting on the push update
    Here's a time killer I just found on this site
    https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/galaxy-of-heroes/guild-name-generator

'Legendary Patience'

Great tool!

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    So let's check the scorecard...

F2P - annoyed due to Thrawn, CLS being seen as "p2p" toons. Also annoyed that several characters are only truly "farmable" through packs - or shipments (Baze, Shore, etc.).

Guppies & Dolphins - annoyed by the recent booster being pulled, making economical decisions worse.

Whales - annoyed due to the fact that they stockpiled energy to insta-unlock Captain Solo.

Long-time players annoyed that Phasma is allegedly the log-in character for September.

Wow! CG is batting a thousand in AUGUST!
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    LtGenStu wrote: »
    So much complaining... stop playing the game if it affects you so much...
    So much complaining about complaining... stop reading the forum if it affects you so much...
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • Hamio
    41 posts Member
    I'm in the same boat as OP. I'm in a worse place 1099 stored. Ultimately just some kind of timescale would be nice. "Soon" could be anytime. To the people questioning why this was done, it's because in most cases the people doing it are in TB orientated guilds who have focussed their rosters at the expense of other things. Captain Han is a requirement at 5* and a lot of us will be pushing to get that straight off the bat. Echo the sentiments of Bigchef also.
  • HardPill2Swallow
    108 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Stock piling energy for shards isn't gonna yeild you that much more shards than if you would have just waited.

Let's say you have 999 energy...the most shards you'll probably get is what? 15? 20? Yeah...it's not like that is really worth hoarding the energy.

Only things worth hoarding on this game is credits,gear ability mats, zetas and tokens...people should know this by now.
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you
  • Torzek wrote: »
    I feel sorry for all of you who saved energy for TB only to find out it was delayed. I thought the people in Texas had it bad, but man. You poor, poor people!

Are you sure? The battles in TB consume energy?