Ver Update 9: 08/28/2017 [MEGA]

Replies

• Indigø wrote: »
    I bought 5 cantina refreshes last night, anticipating TB going live today. I planned to buy another 5 today as well. Normally I just buy the 3x 100 refreshes. Just saying it's an extra 400 crystals I spent trying to prepare that would've been unnecessary if there is a substantial delay.

Some form of crystal compensation shouldn't be out of the question.

Maybe There is something realy clever behind it. But would someone stop his cantina energy gains in "preparation" for an update.... But I do not see it. Lets say... do things when its time for them. Not before and even when you do. Just dont tell anyone and learn from it. :)

• At the risk of riling the masses, it's quite funny that some who were smugly saying "you CHOSE not to farm Old Ben" are now being told "you CHOSE to stockpile energy".
  • Meh. I saw the update was being pushed back and assumed it meant everything with the event, Han included. So I spent my energy down to 0 last night.

You assumed it would and bought extea energy.

If Han had come out today, would it be fair for me to ask for crystals from the devs?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Azrul
    57 posts Member
    Ha Ha this is making me chuckle.
    To all cry babies out there, no one forced you to hoard energy. You did it just because you wanted a farming advantage. I have nearly 1k cantina energy sleeping atm and that's the risk I took in the hope the drop rate will compensate for the loss of free energy.
    Just grow up and don't blame the devs
    order 66 41st division lead. European reset
  • Stock piling energy for shards isn't gonna yeild you that much more shards than if you would have just waited.

Let's say you have 999 energy...the most shards you'll probably get is what? 15? 20? Yeah...it's not like that is really worth hoarding the energy.

Only things worth hoarding on this game is credits,gear ability mats, zetas and tokens...people should know this by now.

It would yield enough shards, combined with his packs that are soon to be for sale to have him unlocked by today or tomorrow vs. next week sometime. Every bit helps.

And just because we spend money on this game doesn't mean we don't want to be somewhat economical about it. Stockpiling energy will yield more cost effective shards than the 5-330 shard packs.
  • This thread makes my head hurt so maybe someone can explain it to me. Why would you want to stockpile energy (assuming cantina or regular for that matter) in anticipation for the TB (that has been delayed due to technical issues).?
    SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • SereneGilt wrote: »
    Indigø wrote: »
    I bought 5 cantina refreshes last night, anticipating TB going live today. I planned to buy another 5 today as well. Normally I just buy the 3x 100 refreshes. Just saying it's an extra 400 crystals I spent trying to prepare that would've been unnecessary if there is a substantial delay.

Some form of crystal compensation shouldn't be out of the question.

Maybe There is something realy clever behind it. But would someone stop his cantina energy gains in "preparation" for an update.... But I do not see it. Lets say... do things when its time for them. Not before and even when you do. Just dont tell anyone and learn from it. :)

Well, I am actually hoping the update don't come till next week, I and purchasing 3 cantina refreshes a day so, here's the math:
    If I stockpile energy for a week, I am losing 840 energy in total, but buying 3 refresh a day plus midday energy bonus it's 405 energy a day stockpiled, using 24 a day for the daily mission is 381 gain per day, 7 days of it it's 2667 energy I will have stocked, taking a 33% drop rate of 16 energy node it's a total of 55 shards on the first day, so could have him at 4* for 3 days later that Han will be needed, if unlock it's at 5*, we'll, I'll have him the week after, it's only a win win situation, yes I will lose 840 energy wasted trying to get a good mod that will never drop, I'd take that chance ;-D
  • Hamio
    41 posts Member
    Stock piling energy for shards isn't gonna yeild you that much more shards than if you would have just waited.

Let's say you have 999 energy...the most shards you'll probably get is what? 15? 20? Yeah...it's not like that is really worth hoarding the energy.

Only things worth hoarding on this game is credits,gear ability mats, zetas and tokens...people should know this by now.

Ok so say 20 plus maybe the 40 for the pack leaving 85 over 4 days til when you'll need him 5* on the current timeline. No it's not a lot of shards but in a small timeframe to farm him then it is.
    Azrul wrote: »
    Ha Ha this is making me chuckle.
    To all cry babies out there, no one forced you to hoard energy. You did it just because you wanted a farming advantage. I have nearly 1k cantina energy sleeping atm and that's the risk I took in the hope the drop rate will compensate for the loss of free energy.
    Just grow up and don't blame the devs
    No Ines crying about it just some sort of update timeframe wise, not to much to ask really is it. "Soon" is about as ambiguous as it gets.
  • Visual bug! I can't see it, mmmm...let me think. Now I'm no computer programmer so have you tried cleaning your screen? ;)
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • I'm going to just keep telling myself over the next couple days that they're just trolling us, and on the 1st will go "Captain phasma? Silly me, I meant to say, Captain Han Solo. Here you go!"
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    Hoth han on 7D would be a low effort step forward while we patiently await the rest of the release.
  • while you're on it, put ATF in the shardshop
  • Not an unreasonable request
  • Zero chance of this.
    Han and pack for him will be at same time.
    The packs are part of what they are fixing
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Every decision in this game is a gamble - who to farm, who to gear, who to attack in arena, when to attack, how to mod, etc. Sometimes you bet correctly, sometimes you bet wrong. Sometimes you have to take chance to get a short term advantage and sometimes that chance backfires. When everyone was zeta-ing Vader back in January, a gambled and zeta'd Maul. I was the first one with Zeta Maul in arena - and for two months had no problem taking #1. I gambled and won. A few weeks ago, when I heard about the reworks for the ANH heroes, I geared up Leia. Now she sits on my bench while Raid Han romps through my arena shard - I bet wrong.

But either way, demanding crystals for an incorrect decision (even if it was based on some information) is pointless. You win some, you lose some. Move on.

Would you be asking for crystals if you had stockpiled cantina energy and realized Captain Solo stinks?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I thuink that's bang on,give us Han to work on ,not a smile on my Face but would work towards one if you did,
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    So I was lucky I bet on CG screwing up the tb launch. Yay me!

I rather had lost that bet.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    while you're on it, put ATF in the shardshop

This idea is intentionally one small simple thing that is very easy to segregate and QA and push out. Ask for 2 things, esp in 2 different areas of the code, and the request becomes too complicated to be a nice quick low effort gesture.
  • Max is 999 I think.
    Won't let you stockpile more than that.
    Right?
  • Hamio
    41 posts Member
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    Max is 999 I think.
    Won't let you stockpile more than that.
    Right?

• Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Scarfey wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    TB will be a game of numbers more than quality: yes combat missions helps a lot, but most of your point will come from your collection. At least with raids, if you had the right teams, small guilds could clear it.

I guess the situation might evolve with G12 and new characters, but the fact is you will need a full guild of whales to clear at 45*, whereas you could have 20 carriers in HAAT (or even 1 nowadays).

Noone will clear on 45* for the first few month id be surprised if even 10% of the guilds got over 38*

The point of new content is to give guilds something to work towards It only been the last few months guilds have been carrying Haat Before that it didnt happen everyone need good rosters ....

I disagree. Guilds with 130M GP or more will certainly clear it on first day. If not then they are really disorganized.

When they will succeed, they will rightfully brag about it, like for HAAT. The single toons gate are R1 and Phoenix but those with 3M GP certainly have them at G11.

I disagree. 130M GP will not clear 45*.
    We know that 3* P1 costs 46.5M and P2 2* costs 15.6M-20.1M, you can presume that 3* P2 will cost anything from 46M-120M.
    Extrapolate that to 3* P6 and 130M GP seems very shabby.
    Further there has been talk that this content is too last a year.
    I dare say it will take a majority of your roster @ gear 12 x guild to complete TB 45*
  • RJ__Brando wrote: »
    WOOHOO, Man your battle stations!

And watch out for those wampas
    htlmfeqt10ue.gif

Ooh, this gives me a great idea. Anyone who is bored while waiting for tb to go live, go dig out your old n64 (or go buy one cheap) and play shadows of the empire in wampa stompa mode.
    I wish mine weren't packed away in my mother's house over an hour away...
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Also, like... Hey, buddy? This event everyone was looking foreward to got pushed back at least a week because of an unrelated graphic bug.

They're probably going to compensate us anyway. Threads like this? They don't help.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    The chances of successfully seeing a Cantina node 7 with Hoth Han before $ packs are in store is 3720 -1.
  • Ea has to pay people to make this content we all want.
    They pay them from selling packs.
    For 100% sure han and packs will be released only hours before 1st tb actually starts.
    So the people out there who can afford it will buy those packs.
    No other possible scenario
  • Nith
    22 posts Member
    if they do this, ain't nobody gonna buy the packs.

not gonna happen
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Also, like... Hey, buddy? This event everyone was looking foreward to got pushed back at least a week because of an unrelated graphic bug.

They're probably going to compensate us anyway. Threads like this? They don't help.
    No one said it's going to be pushed back for a week, update should be before weekend and maybe TB comes next week, but that has nothing to do with the update and having Han earlier.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    It's probably pretty easy to fix the visual glitch on training droids, so I wouldn't expect much of a delay. What I don't quite understand is why they held back Territory Battles, Han, etc. for something so minor. I mean, does anyone really look at their droids anymore? I know I haven't since the QoL update added that level slider.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    It's probably pretty easy to fix the visual glitch on training droids, so I wouldn't expect much of a delay. What I don't quite understand is why they held back Territory Battles, Han, etc. for something so minor. I mean, does anyone really look at their droids anymore? I know I haven't since the QoL update added that level slider.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Can we get a new update on when Territory Battles is going to be released? If training droids are responsible for this then send them to the scrap heap and melt them down.