Ver Update 9: 08/28/2017 [MEGA]

Replies

  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Han is a 16 energy han node. If you assume early people will spend whatever it takes, the cost in cash to buy crystals to refresh that node over and over is higher than the cash cost of the pack. The pack is the discounted option here. Overeager people would actually pay more if they release the node and wait on the cash pack

    People who want the discounted cash pack price will wait for the discount anyway, even if the node is there
  • kalidor wrote: »
    It's probably pretty easy to fix the visual glitch on training droids, so I wouldn't expect much of a delay. What I don't quite understand is why they held back Territory Battles, Han, etc. for something so minor. I mean, does anyone really look at their droids anymore? I know I haven't since the QoL update added that level slider.

    It was something to do with the new packs aswell.
  • vitoonto
    95 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    What is CG's definition of soon? A day, a week, a month. Can we please get an update so we can decide what to do with saved cantina energy.
  • MmoProNick wrote: »
    " We don't need the three of you to tell us to stop paying or stop playing, we're all adults here and can make our own decisions about our time and money. "

    SOme of us are still teens who don't have credit cards to blow hundreds of dollars a day off on the game just FYI


    Well you teens are going to find out that life isn't fair and you don't always get your way

    Cool. Now when will the whiney adults in this thread learn thay?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Unfortunately I don't think they'll be in the office for at least an hour, but communicate has been much better lately so I'm sure we will be kept in the loop. I'm hoping/thinking it starts tomorrow from the wording but we will see.
  • soon = august of 2018
    "You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

    https://swgoh.gg/u/humblemaverick/

  • AC_
    82 posts Member
    August
  • soon = august of 2018

    You beat me to it. ;)
  • APX_919
    2412 posts Member
    Soon - English, noun. Refers to a time period that never arrives quickly enough.

    "The update will be released soon".
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • I don't think compensation is justified, they never said it was going to be released today, but I agree they should say if it's delayed another week

    There were multiple articles posted saying that TB's were dropping "today" that were published yesterday.
    http://heavy.com/games/2017/08/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-territory-battles-information-update-new-characters/
  • "Hiya, update is coming in August next year!
    Cya"
  • Ceodoc wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Scarfey wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    TB will be a game of numbers more than quality: yes combat missions helps a lot, but most of your point will come from your collection. At least with raids, if you had the right teams, small guilds could clear it.

    I guess the situation might evolve with G12 and new characters, but the fact is you will need a full guild of whales to clear at 45*, whereas you could have 20 carriers in HAAT (or even 1 nowadays).

    Noone will clear on 45* for the first few month id be surprised if even 10% of the guilds got over 38*

    The point of new content is to give guilds something to work towards It only been the last few months guilds have been carrying Haat Before that it didnt happen everyone need good rosters ....

    I disagree. Guilds with 130M GP or more will certainly clear it on first day. If not then they are really disorganized.

    When they will succeed, they will rightfully brag about it, like for HAAT. The single toons gate are R1 and Phoenix but those with 3M GP certainly have them at G11.

    I disagree. 130M GP will not clear 45*.
    We know that 3* P1 costs 46.5M and P2 2* costs 15.6M-20.1M, you can presume that 3* P2 will cost anything from 46M-120M.
    Extrapolate that to 3* P6 and 130M GP seems very shabby.
    Further there has been talk that this content is too last a year.
    I dare say it will take a majority of your roster @ gear 12 x guild to complete TB 45*

    Also you need rolo in phase six which will take at least 7 territory battles.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Every decision in this game is a gamble - who to farm, who to gear, who to attack in arena, when to attack, how to mod, etc. Sometimes you bet correctly, sometimes you bet wrong. Sometimes you have to take chance to get a short term advantage and sometimes that chance backfires. When everyone was zeta-ing Vader back in January, a gambled and zeta'd Maul. I was the first one with Zeta Maul in arena - and for two months had no problem taking #1. I gambled and won. A few weeks ago, when I heard about the reworks for the ANH heroes, I geared up Leia. Now she sits on my bench while Raid Han romps through my arena shard - I bet wrong.

    But either way, demanding crystals for an incorrect decision (even if it was based on some information) is pointless. You win some, you lose some. Move on.

    Would you be asking for crystals if you had stockpiled cantina energy and realized Captain Solo stinks?

    Even if he's the worst character ever, he's required in TB to get ROLO shards for the guild. The faster I can get him ready, the faster I start helping my guild with these rewards. Maybe your guild doesn't work that way, idk.
  • StarSon
    4827 posts Member
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    This thread makes my head hurt so maybe someone can explain it to me. Why would you want to stockpile energy (assuming cantina or regular for that matter) in anticipation for the TB (that has been delayed due to technical issues).?

    It gives you a head start on CHS. Based on energy caps, you could have him to 5* 3 days sooner than you would have had without stockpiling energy. If you are also buying the packs, that means you could have had him 5* in time for the first phase 3 special mission.
  • Ben_Sunwalker
    351 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    So let's check the scorecard...

    F2P - annoyed due to Thrawn, CLS being seen as "p2p" toons. Also annoyed that several characters are only truly "farmable" through packs - or shipments (Baze, Shore, etc.).

    Guppies & Dolphins - annoyed by the recent booster being pulled, making economical decisions worse.

    Whales - annoyed due to the fact that they stockpiled energy to insta-unlock Captain Solo.

    Long-time players annoyed that Phasma is allegedly the log-in character for September.

    Wow! CG is batting a thousand in AUGUST!

    As far as I'm concerned (F2P/long time player) here: not annoyed due to Thrawn, got my CLS. Having toons locked behind certain hard nodes or shipments is a pain but, at the end of the days, they are still farmable. Phasma being the log in toon is the same as Farmer Luke to me, just more shards for the shop, which is cool.
    So no, not annoyed by any of it.
    Concerning others: so whales are annoyed that it will take a couple more days to unlock a toon? K, not childish at all and a valid concern. Not.
    Guppies & Dolphins: CG Carrie has already stated they are just changing the pack, not completely removing the deal. Sure, it might cost some more from now on, but such is life.

    So yeah, what I can say is that, even though I dont really know you bud, you are being overly critical this week based on your posts. Is everything OK? Is there anything we can do to help? (Genuine question here, Im not trying to be a fancy kitten).
    Maybe you are letting your stress flow through here, which is understandable, but I think you are exaggerating. And I usually like your posts.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Ceodoc wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Scarfey wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    TB will be a game of numbers more than quality: yes combat missions helps a lot, but most of your point will come from your collection. At least with raids, if you had the right teams, small guilds could clear it.

    I guess the situation might evolve with G12 and new characters, but the fact is you will need a full guild of whales to clear at 45*, whereas you could have 20 carriers in HAAT (or even 1 nowadays).

    Noone will clear on 45* for the first few month id be surprised if even 10% of the guilds got over 38*

    The point of new content is to give guilds something to work towards It only been the last few months guilds have been carrying Haat Before that it didnt happen everyone need good rosters ....

    I disagree. Guilds with 130M GP or more will certainly clear it on first day. If not then they are really disorganized.

    When they will succeed, they will rightfully brag about it, like for HAAT. The single toons gate are R1 and Phoenix but those with 3M GP certainly have them at G11.

    I disagree. 130M GP will not clear 45*.
    We know that 3* P1 costs 46.5M and P2 2* costs 15.6M-20.1M, you can presume that 3* P2 will cost anything from 46M-120M.
    Extrapolate that to 3* P6 and 130M GP seems very shabby.
    Further there has been talk that this content is too last a year.
    I dare say it will take a majority of your roster @ gear 12 x guild to complete TB 45*

    Also you need rolo in phase six which will take at least 7 territory battles.

    Rolo isn't required for stars though since special missions do not give extra TP for completion. The reason to have rolo and cap han is because the p6 rolo/chs mission gives an insane amount of shop currency.
  • Kevern_Zaksor
    894 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    NicWester wrote: »
    Let's see...
    StarSon wrote: »
    Ignoring the fact that everyone was hoarding cantina energy for CHS, and ignoring that making Phasma the login char is a slap in the face, why do we care about training droids visual bugs?
    Slap in the face...
    [stamps card]
    I just wished they'd be up front with us and admit they still have some bugs in TB to work out. But alas, they won't, and will give us 200 free crystals and one omega mat, and hope this mishap gets swept under the rug
    Conspiracy theory...
    [stamps card]
    Wyrdduck wrote: »
    Maybe we'll all get 500 crystals and 3 chewie shards in the morning...
    Chewie shards...
    You're right, it should be a Rebel instead.
    Rebel hate...
    [stamps card]
    Trichie23 wrote: »
    They will have "taken back August" if they still give us Captain Han Solo tomorrow to start to farm! Otherwise August will be ours!
    August...
    [stamps card]
    [gets excited]
    Blamo wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Phasma

    Seriously???

    Looks like it, weak.

    Super weak. I've had her at 7 forever.
    High level veteran player complaining because the free thing for new players doesn't benefit them...

    [stamps card]

    Holy hell! That's BINGO! This thread went from zero to bingo in record time!

    Lol touché. I really don't care all that much now that I think about it. Last month was Luke, I already had him at 7 and it wasn't a big deal. Doesn't change the fact that I'd have preferred old Ben and for September I'd prefer FOST.

    Edit: and I am actually glad about the TB delay... If it pushes it to next week then that's one week closer to 5* HRSo
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    This thread makes my head hurt so maybe someone can explain it to me. Why would you want to stockpile energy (assuming cantina or regular for that matter) in anticipation for the TB (that has been delayed due to technical issues).?

    It gives you a head start on CHS. Based on energy caps, you could have him to 5* 3 days sooner than you would have had without stockpiling energy. If you are also buying the packs, that means you could have had him 5* in time for the first phase 3 special mission.

    THREE DAYS SOONER? Oh, wow! That's, like... One ENTIRE Leia shard!

    You're right, man, you got hella screwed.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Stuff happens. Maybe they should compensate for missing a target date and for stuff happening. Maybe.

    Stockpiling energy so you can come post later about how you're 5-10 CHan shards ahead of the average player cause you were so smart to stockpile, but then not being able to do that, is a fairly ridiculous reason to ask for compensation.

    To me, it's part of the entitlement to demand characters like CLS and Thrawn regardless of your roster or time/money spent in game. Lame.
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    I can't believe so many are upset that TBs didn't launch on Aug 29. We're still very much on track for Aug 29, 2018.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Let's see...
    StarSon wrote: »
    Ignoring the fact that everyone was hoarding cantina energy for CHS, and ignoring that making Phasma the login char is a slap in the face, why do we care about training droids visual bugs?
    Slap in the face...
    [stamps card]
    I just wished they'd be up front with us and admit they still have some bugs in TB to work out. But alas, they won't, and will give us 200 free crystals and one omega mat, and hope this mishap gets swept under the rug
    Conspiracy theory...
    [stamps card]
    Wyrdduck wrote: »
    Maybe we'll all get 500 crystals and 3 chewie shards in the morning...
    Chewie shards...
    You're right, it should be a Rebel instead.
    Rebel hate...
    [stamps card]
    Trichie23 wrote: »
    They will have "taken back August" if they still give us Captain Han Solo tomorrow to start to farm! Otherwise August will be ours!
    August...
    [stamps card]
    [gets excited]
    Blamo wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Phasma

    Seriously???

    Looks like it, weak.

    Super weak. I've had her at 7 forever.
    High level veteran player complaining because the free thing for new players doesn't benefit them...

    [stamps card]

    Holy hell! That's BINGO! This thread went from zero to bingo in record time!
    Doesn't change the fact that I'd have preferred old Ben and for September I'd prefer FOST.

    Edit: and I am actually glad about the TB delay... If it pushes it to next week then that's one week closer to 5* HRSo
    Agreed, I'd have preferred Old Ben, too. But you have to admit that the outrage is pretty disproportionate.

    (Good luck with Soldier. I'm about 20 away from 5* myself, so I'll definitely get it before the end of the first Battle. Just don't know if he'll be geared enough :p )
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Torzek wrote: »
    I feel sorry for all of you who saved energy for TB only to find out it was delayed. I thought the people in Texas had it bad, but man. You poor, poor people!

    Are you sure? The battles in TB consume energy?

    Way to miss the point of what I wrote.
  • Ceodoc wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Scarfey wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    TB will be a game of numbers more than quality: yes combat missions helps a lot, but most of your point will come from your collection. At least with raids, if you had the right teams, small guilds could clear it.

    I guess the situation might evolve with G12 and new characters, but the fact is you will need a full guild of whales to clear at 45*, whereas you could have 20 carriers in HAAT (or even 1 nowadays).

    Noone will clear on 45* for the first few month id be surprised if even 10% of the guilds got over 38*

    The point of new content is to give guilds something to work towards It only been the last few months guilds have been carrying Haat Before that it didnt happen everyone need good rosters ....

    I disagree. Guilds with 130M GP or more will certainly clear it on first day. If not then they are really disorganized.

    When they will succeed, they will rightfully brag about it, like for HAAT. The single toons gate are R1 and Phoenix but those with 3M GP certainly have them at G11.

    I disagree. 130M GP will not clear 45*.
    We know that 3* P1 costs 46.5M and P2 2* costs 15.6M-20.1M, you can presume that 3* P2 will cost anything from 46M-120M.
    Extrapolate that to 3* P6 and 130M GP seems very shabby.
    Further there has been talk that this content is too last a year.
    I dare say it will take a majority of your roster @ gear 12 x guild to complete TB 45*

    Additionally, if you watch Warrior's vid on TB, he gets smoked (his words) on a combat mission in phase 3, and I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say his roster is better than most of ours.... It's pretty clear from watching that these later combat missions are balanced around gear 12, and even whales aren't gonna have full gear 12 for a while.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Let's see...
    StarSon wrote: »
    Ignoring the fact that everyone was hoarding cantina energy for CHS, and ignoring that making Phasma the login char is a slap in the face, why do we care about training droids visual bugs?
    Slap in the face...
    [stamps card]
    I just wished they'd be up front with us and admit they still have some bugs in TB to work out. But alas, they won't, and will give us 200 free crystals and one omega mat, and hope this mishap gets swept under the rug
    Conspiracy theory...
    [stamps card]
    Wyrdduck wrote: »
    Maybe we'll all get 500 crystals and 3 chewie shards in the morning...
    Chewie shards...
    You're right, it should be a Rebel instead.
    Rebel hate...
    [stamps card]
    Trichie23 wrote: »
    They will have "taken back August" if they still give us Captain Han Solo tomorrow to start to farm! Otherwise August will be ours!
    August...
    [stamps card]
    [gets excited]
    Blamo wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Phasma

    Seriously???

    Looks like it, weak.

    Super weak. I've had her at 7 forever.
    High level veteran player complaining because the free thing for new players doesn't benefit them...

    [stamps card]

    Holy hell! That's BINGO! This thread went from zero to bingo in record time!
    Doesn't change the fact that I'd have preferred old Ben and for September I'd prefer FOST.

    Edit: and I am actually glad about the TB delay... If it pushes it to next week then that's one week closer to 5* HRSo
    Agreed, I'd have preferred Old Ben, too. But you have to admit that the outrage is pretty disproportionate.

    (Good luck with Soldier. I'm about 20 away from 5* myself, so I'll definitely get it before the end of the first Battle. Just don't know if he'll be geared enough :p )

    Oh definitely agree! I'm enjoying the show though! Well done on Soldier, mine is still 40 something shards away. All in good time tho
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • I just wish Jyn was more often in my guild store
  • StarSon
    4827 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    This thread makes my head hurt so maybe someone can explain it to me. Why would you want to stockpile energy (assuming cantina or regular for that matter) in anticipation for the TB (that has been delayed due to technical issues).?

    It gives you a head start on CHS. Based on energy caps, you could have him to 5* 3 days sooner than you would have had without stockpiling energy. If you are also buying the packs, that means you could have had him 5* in time for the first phase 3 special mission.

    THREE DAYS SOONER? Oh, wow! That's, like... One ENTIRE Leia shard!

    You're right, man, you got hella screwed.

    Yes, three days sooner. Yes, it is one Leia shard... per member. It could put my guild 30 shards ahead of someone else, which will put me weeks ahead of anyone else on my shard for g12, which will translate into thousands of crystals.

    But, that is not the issue. I was just explaining to the guy who said he didn't understand why anyone would hoard energy. The loss here is cantina energy. We were told it would be released yesterday. As such, we started hoarding energy, and because they backed out of their given deadline, lots of people are out crystals and energy. If that doesn't affect you, that's cool. No need to be a **** to the people that are affected and feel slighted though.
  • Tannjam wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Torzek wrote: »
    I feel sorry for all of you who saved energy for TB only to find out it was delayed. I thought the people in Texas had it bad, but man. You poor, poor people!

    i feel sorry for all those people in texas. I thought the people in siera leone had it bad, but man. Those poor poor people.
    For the record, i sympathize with both. I'm just saying that when i stub my toe it doesn't hurt any less knowing that some other unfortunate soul lost his leg to a landmine. But then again, Walter Sobchak didn't watch his buddies die face down in the mud to hear me complain about stubbing my toe.

    Is that where he's getting his toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon? Never knew you were a nail polish guy.

    Tanny you're out of your element! Leef, foot injury is not the issue here!
  • StarSon
    4827 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Let's see...
    StarSon wrote: »
    Ignoring the fact that everyone was hoarding cantina energy for CHS, and ignoring that making Phasma the login char is a slap in the face, why do we care about training droids visual bugs?
    Slap in the face...
    [stamps card]
    I just wished they'd be up front with us and admit they still have some bugs in TB to work out. But alas, they won't, and will give us 200 free crystals and one omega mat, and hope this mishap gets swept under the rug
    Conspiracy theory...
    [stamps card]
    Wyrdduck wrote: »
    Maybe we'll all get 500 crystals and 3 chewie shards in the morning...
    Chewie shards...
    You're right, it should be a Rebel instead.
    Rebel hate...
    [stamps card]
    Trichie23 wrote: »
    They will have "taken back August" if they still give us Captain Han Solo tomorrow to start to farm! Otherwise August will be ours!
    August...
    [stamps card]
    [gets excited]
    Blamo wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Phasma

    Seriously???

    Looks like it, weak.

    Super weak. I've had her at 7 forever.
    High level veteran player complaining because the free thing for new players doesn't benefit them...

    [stamps card]

    Holy hell! That's BINGO! This thread went from zero to bingo in record time!

    Yes, how dare we, loyal and (sometimes) paying customers, be mad that the content we stayed up late for, prepared for, and used crystals for was not delivered when promised. I mean, the NERVE of us wanting the game studio that produces this game to actually do what they say they will do when they say they will do it. The absolute BALLS we must have to now be angry that some random visual bug that was deemed more important than the visual bug that has existed in the game for over a year delay content that has been teased for months. I mean, for shame.
  • Why are my territory battles locked? All my members are high enough level...
Sign In or Register to comment.