Ver Update 9: 08/28/2017 [MEGA]

Replies

• One...more...day... and August is ours! Half of me feels this is intentional, just for the simple sake of keeping the August joke alive.

At first, the mods would reprimand if August were mentioned...now, it's become the community glue. My guess is it drops 9/1, for the sake of principal.
  • Veritasum
    753 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Seriously? Take a look around the forum before posting. Particularly the updates section and the dev announcements section.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    This thread makes my head hurt so maybe someone can explain it to me. Why would you want to stockpile energy (assuming cantina or regular for that matter) in anticipation for the TB (that has been delayed due to technical issues).?

It gives you a head start on CHS. Based on energy caps, you could have him to 5* 3 days sooner than you would have had without stockpiling energy. If you are also buying the packs, that means you could have had him 5* in time for the first phase 3 special mission.

THREE DAYS SOONER? Oh, wow! That's, like... One ENTIRE Leia shard!

You're right, man, you got hella screwed.

Yes, three days sooner. Yes, it is one Leia shard... per member. It could put my guild 30 shards ahead of someone else, which will put me weeks ahead of anyone else on my shard for g12, which will translate into thousands of crystals.

But, that is not the issue. I was just explaining to the guy who said he didn't understand why anyone would hoard energy. The loss here is cantina energy. We were told it would be released yesterday. As such, we started hoarding energy, and because they backed out of their given deadline, lots of people are out crystals and energy. If that doesn't affect you, that's cool. No need to be a **** to the people that are affected and feel slighted though.

Exactly this!
  • Torzek wrote: »
    I feel sorry for all of you who saved energy for TB only to find out it was delayed. I thought the people in Texas had it bad, but man. You poor, poor people!

Yeah. I just sent my application for relief to FEMA this morning.
    It was eye opening getting a dose of reality served up on a Texas sized platter. Definitely put the fact that this is truly "just a game" into its proper perspective.

• Everyone in my guild has the TB and guild events update. I have not. Is there a reason I haven't got an update yet? Should I do it manually?
  • Ceodoc
    175 posts Member
    Are you 65lvl or above?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Not sure if the push has gone live since they delayed the update.

You should try to manually update.
  • Really should be looking for information by yourself before posting
  • It's not really annoying that there has been a delay and its not something I'd expect compensation for.

What is annoying is a lack of update on the delay.

Saying the update will be 'soon' is meaningless, it could mean anything from hours to weeks.

Just give us your new target release time, make clear it might change, and if it does change, tell us.

It's not a complicated processes or one that need take resources away from development. It's simply a community manager saying 'when do you think it will be ready' to a dev every so often and posting the results here.

It's often said that this is a resource management game, and this sort of information is important for managing your resources effectively.
  • You need a new guild if they couldn't help you figure this out.
  • My guild reset is in an hour and a half, and I need to hit my 600. Would be nice to know if my cantina energy will be needed today for CHS or not.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    This thread makes my head hurt so maybe someone can explain it to me. Why would you want to stockpile energy (assuming cantina or regular for that matter) in anticipation for the TB (that has been delayed due to technical issues).?

It gives you a head start on CHS. Based on energy caps, you could have him to 5* 3 days sooner than you would have had without stockpiling energy. If you are also buying the packs, that means you could have had him 5* in time for the first phase 3 special mission.

Yes, three days sooner. Yes, it is one Leia shard... per member. It could put my guild 30 shards ahead of someone else, which will put me weeks ahead of anyone else on my shard for g12, which will translate into thousands of crystals.

Except that the event lasts 6 days. So your 3 day advantage means you get your one whole shard on day 3 instead of day 6. But since rewards aren't given out until the event ends, you get it at exactly the same time as everyone else.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • SeeeD
    141 posts Member

Or 50 ;)
  • If the update was minutes/hours away they'd probably say. More like days. All that free cantina energy wasting away...
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

Except that the event lasts 6 days. So your 3 day advantage means you get your one whole shard on day 3 instead of day 6. But since rewards aren't given out until the event ends, you get it at exactly the same time as everyone else.

That would work, except ROLO shards are given out only through a special mission in phase 3. Regardless of when that mission is, I believe we get the ROLO shards at the end. But the 3 day advantage could mean I get ROLO 1-2 weeks before someone else on my shard, which results in a LOT of extra TB currency, which means I can get my arena squad to g12 weeks before the rest of the top 20.
  • Nedus
    91 posts Member
    It seems easy to play because (unfortunally) we have had plenty of time to think and read and see videos about without playing it...
  • I like many others stockpiled energy to get ch asap because I am in a top tier guild and we are trying to be prepared in every way. I don't care about getting crystals for the delay. I do want a better timetable for the release so I know if I should still hold onto my energy or use it.

They have told us that they will communicate better with the community and it doesn't feel like they are with this issue.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Drewman65 wrote: »
    I like many others stockpiled energy to get ch asap because I am in a top tier guild and we are trying to be prepared in every way. I don't care about getting crystals for the delay. I do want a better timetable for the release so I know if I should still hold onto my energy or use it.

They have told us that they will communicate better with the community and it doesn't feel like they are with this issue.

This, too. Maybe it doesn't warrant crystals as "compensation" but at the absolute minimum at least give us the new release date so we know how to plan.
  • Poor PR department, I feel for you guys
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • There is no update. There is only zuul.
  • It wouldn't be a hotfix to add new content to the game. They can shift things around with a hotfix, like putting an existing character in a new spot, but they can't add a new character in a hotfix. And they don't want to mess with anything until they resolve the bug, so they won't do any hotfixes until they resolve that.
  • You will have to excuse me I am such a noob!!
  • Roahn wrote: »
    If training droids are responsible for this then send them to the scrap heap and melt them down.

Surely you mean "send them to the Kessel mines or smash them into who knows what."
  • It's doubtful at this point, especially since they already released the client update part of the version update, that they'd be able to split Captain Solo into a separate hotfix release.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Morning morning!
    After a late night, teams rolling into the office and back at it. Please keep an eye on the Game Update Status post and here for more info today. :)
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Morning morning!
    After a late night, teams rolling into the office and back at it. Please keep an eye on the Game Update Status post and here for more info today. :)

Stop it, the tension is killing us! :smiley:
    giphy.gif
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Let's see...
    Ignoring the fact that everyone was hoarding cantina energy for CHS, and ignoring that making Phasma the login char is a slap in the face, why do we care about training droids visual bugs?
    Slap in the face...
    [stamps card]
    I just wished they'd be up front with us and admit they still have some bugs in TB to work out. But alas, they won't, and will give us 200 free crystals and one omega mat, and hope this mishap gets swept under the rug
    Conspiracy theory...
    [stamps card]
    Wyrdduck wrote: »
    Maybe we'll all get 500 crystals and 3 chewie shards in the morning...
    Chewie shards...
    You're right, it should be a Rebel instead.
    Rebel hate...
    [stamps card]
    Trichie23 wrote: »
    They will have "taken back August" if they still give us Captain Han Solo tomorrow to start to farm! Otherwise August will be ours!
    August...
    [stamps card]
    [gets excited]
    Blamo wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Phasma

Seriously???

Looks like it, weak.

Super weak. I've had her at 7 forever.
    High level veteran player complaining because the free thing for new players doesn't benefit them...

[stamps card]

Holy hell! That's BINGO! This thread went from zero to bingo in record time!

This all so amazing lol
  • Be patient or be quiet