Just take your time and make the updates work

Replies

• Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    We know you're working hard. Thanks

The team certainly is.
    s1IHHYu.gif

Did Jesse quit? He was the messenger but honestly I like you more cause......... gifs.............. I'm serious

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/128506/community-team-new-hires-new-roles-and-more#latest
  • Options
    Yes, take the time to get it right. But don't tell use it releases on Day X and then delay it on that day after we've spent refreshes for it. If you can't give us an accurate date don't give us one. Or phrase it something like "We aim to have the update released by Date X, but it's still in progress so that's not set in stone."

That's exactly what "working on update" means.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    And, in case you didn't realize, the visual bug is just a star bug. So your 2-star training droid will show 3-star instead. Who cares? When was the last time you counted out the XP from the training droids you selected? The pack portion is similar. If you pull an HR Soldier shard and your HR Soldier is 5-stars, the image says it's really 6-stars. But surely you *know* that you only have a 5-star HR Soldier.

If these are really the only two bugs that stopped the release, then no, it was not a smart decision.

The training droid star display is not a big deal.

If people pull a pack, especially a chromium pack, and it shows them getting 6* but then they go look at the character and it is 5*... I guess you'd be understanding, but many would file for refunds and/or quit the game.

This is especially critical for new players (which we want to keep coming for a healthy game). If I started a new game and got a pack (especially if I spent money for that pack) and it pulled something like that, I'd quit immediately and ask Google for a refund (and receive one; it's happened before on other games).

That's a big deal and should stop a release. There's money involved, new players involved, etc.

• Options
    It would be nice to release Captain solo while we wait so we can have a fighters chance. But no, then no one would buy the $99 pack.
  • Options

The team certainly is.
    s1IHHYu.gif

Oh look! The guy from Baby's Day Out
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    So, visual bugs? I know of one visual bug that needs to be fixed...

#IdidMy600

He is using an older code, but it checks out, I was about to clear him.
  • Options
    Dretzle wrote: »
    Yes, take the time to get it right. But don't tell use it releases on Day X and then delay it on that day after we've spent refreshes for it. If you can't give us an accurate date don't give us one. Or phrase it something like "We aim to have the update released by Date X, but it's still in progress so that's not set in stone."

They said much, much more than that, and promoted on social media that Territory Battles were starting.
  • Options

They said much, much more than that, and promoted on social media that Territory Battles were starting.

Well it's not...so idk what to tell you. I do know one thing, they are not going to change their mind and release it just because you are mad. So be patient and wait.
  • Options
    And just to be clear I personally did not lose much. The value of the crystals/energy I lost probably adds up to about $1. I've made more at work typing these last 2 posts. But there are others who lost much more energy and I absolutely think they have a right to be upset about it.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options

The team certainly is.
    s1IHHYu.gif

Oh look! The guy from Baby's Day Out

I know him as Ralph Cifarreto from The Sopranos.
  • Options
    And just to be clear I personally did not lose much. The value of the crystals/energy I lost probably adds up to about $1. I've made more at work typing these last 2 posts. But there are others who lost much more energy and I absolutely think they have a right to be upset about it.

Actually they can keep banking their bonus energy and refreshes everyday until it starts, and instantly unlock han
  • Options
    Ya make the update work and while your at it how about cls or thawn as well seeing most of the players have palp at 7*
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Personally I'm fine with it. With Labor Day weekend approaching in the US, I'm fine with spending time in the pool with my family. If it came out next Wednesday and all the kinks were worked out, I'd be all for it.

Just release CHS before that, por favor...
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    The team certainly is.
    s1IHHYu.gif

Wait, are you about to unplug us all before we can get to a phone and kill us?

Yes, she wants to eat matrix generated juicy red steaks, they are the best
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    I'm sure that if they have promoted it's release the devs want to launch it more than we want it.
    After all it's a game to us.
    Hello, its their job
  • Options
    "Soon" is quickly becoming the new August
  • ReyCharles
    279 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    I'm sure that if they have promoted it's release the devs want to launch it more than we want it.
    After all it's a game to us.
    Hello, its their job

Nope
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options

Oh sweet I missed this post. Congrats BtW sorry for the late congratulations to you and everyone else who was promoted or added in that time.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Baby we can do it, take your time do it right, we can do it baby....
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options

Actually they can keep banking their bonus energy and refreshes everyday until it starts, and instantly unlock han

There is a max amount that is easily reached in less than 2 days if you do max refreshes. Some people also only wanted to give up regenerated for 12 hours or so, not for days.

I would agree that some people are being overly dramatic about losing out on, what, maybe $10 max or something (I'm not actually doing the math). But I still understand why they aren't happy.
  • Options

Well it's not...so idk what to tell you. I do know one thing, they are not going to change their mind and release it just because you are mad. So be patient and wait.

Nobody is demanding it be released now. People just want their lost crystals back. If they gave out some crystals, or gave us cheaper cantina refreshes, or gave us double cantina drops for a few days everyone would be fine.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options

The team certainly is.
    s1IHHYu.gif

I know your team is excited to share with the community the new game-mode and improvements. I'm excited for the new mode and I don't mind waiting a few more days for the kinks to be ironed out. I disagree with the backlash against the current delay. Thank you to you and your team for working hard on this. :smile:
  • Options

Soon has always meant soon not today and not in the foreseeable future but soon which is some far away date that even the Myans didn't comprehend. Definition as defined by playing Blizzard games and forum chat for close to 20 years
  • Options
    I don't mind if it is pushed back a month or two to be honest. There's so much to do and farm in the game already that I can patiently wait for TBs to come when they are ready.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options

Soon has always meant soon not today and not in the foreseeable future but soon which is some far away date that even the Myans didn't comprehend. Definition as defined by playing Blizzard games and forum chat for close to 20 years
    Yes. "Soon," is used typically because developers really can't give more than a fairly vague time-frame. If they gave a specific time, and didn't meet that time then they will receive a lot of criticism so this is generally the safest option.
  • Options
    DarthGazza wrote: »
    Sev112 wrote: »
    It not free, people have spent 'thousands'. As you know, once you spend thousands on something a company is obligated to address your concerns indefinitely no matter how unreasonable.

I mean, when you buy a car the dealership is totally there to help you out with any problem instantly for no extra money, right?

And who's fault is that? Spent thousands on an app game you can play for free? Lol. A fool and his money. They don't owe you anything.

You missed my point.

I got your point, I understand the frustration.
    Look at it this way, you paid for an expensive holiday but when you get to the airport all excited you hear your flight is delayed. It sucks but wouldn't you rather there's no problem with the plane before jumping on?

You didn't, but it's ok. My own fault for being sarcastic. Once a car dealership gets your money, they really don't care how much you complain. Next time, I'll use [sarcasm] tags for clarity.

That's not true at all. Car dealerships in particular are reliant upon the local customer base. If enough people are complaining then others in the area will know about it, and they'll start to lose business. And they *will* care about that.

You're right. If enough people complain. But there's plenty of low to medium end dealerships that make more money from less than ethical means. They don't need to care as much about legitimate customers.

Are you saying that CG is unethical and can only make money by swindling customers?

The team certainly is.
    s1IHHYu.gif

Wait, are you about to unplug us all before we can get to a phone and kill us?

Not at all, just certain car places. I actually have a pretty high opinion of CG, as they have provided me with a high quality, consistently entertaining game and I've spent very little on it.

It must be disheartening to work hard (I have no idea, but I assume it takes lots of people) and get few kudos. The most they get is this sentiment:

good-job-dude-do-it-again-funny-women-s-t-shirts-women-s-t-shirt.jpg

Then they do.

• Options
    I don't mind if it is pushed back a month or two to be honest. There's so much to do and farm in the game already that I can patiently wait for TBs to come when they are ready.

Great for you but there's a lot of people, esp the ones supporting the game financially, that have been bored for months.
  • Options
    Broulan wrote: »
    Honestly I'm running out of patience too. The fact that they announce these releases but are rarely prepared for them just seems unprofessional. Sure it's a game, but it's not a weekend job for these guys. I don't think this is the fault of a regular programmer, but rather those who oversee their work and schedule these releases. It's likely the ground level coders are aware that the content is not ready, but in order to keep profits growing the content is pushed early. I would've quit this game already if it wasn't Star Wars and if the guild community I'm a part of wasn't so good. I suspect I'm not the only one in this boat...

Simply put the release schedule is hasty and greedy.

+1
  • Options
    Some of y'all are crazy entitled.
    Ooba hutar.